• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strong looking for new Coach?

Started by FilmCrew, March 02, 2012, 08:03:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

the game

March 15, 2012, 07:25:13 pm #100 Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 07:28:26 pm by the game
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 15, 2012, 09:51:33 am
I have never claimed to be a coach. I have openly told everyone on here what I do for a living and what my name stands for...lololololol...

DogsWin7

We know he is a Coach.  Venny Slocombe,  i'm not so sure about.  ;D

He will correct us tomorrow if he feels like it.  It will be on his terms though, guaranteed my friend.  ;D

the game

Venny a Coach of what   :D

DogsWin7

Quote from: the game on March 15, 2012, 07:37:57 pm

FF Interscholastic school of wanna b!!! ;D

just kidding Coach V.  now I am going to be in trouble. Thanks :-\

the game

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 15, 2012, 07:47:41 pm
Quote from: the game on March 15, 2012, 07:37:57 pm

FF Interscholastic school of wanna b!!! ;D

just kidding Coach V.  now I am going to be in trouble. Thanks :-\
I believe you may be closer to right than you think you are  ;D

DogsWin7

Ya'll have fun, i am going to try to perserve my own health. ;D

I am DEFINATELY going to quit posting now  :-X 

the game

Me 2 ... going to be away from a computer for a couple of days  8)

bleudog

March 16, 2012, 07:23:25 am #107 Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:10:17 pm by bleudog
EDNT article on search:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

DogsWin7

So, this is my question.    Who is the front runners for the HC?   Any assist's want this job or is it the same as PC?

the game

March 19, 2012, 09:57:44 pm #110 Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:02:37 pm by the game
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 19, 2012, 08:59:58 pm
So, this is my question.    Who is the front runners for the HC?   Any assist's want this job or is it the same as PC?
I'd guess that at least one assistant Coach wants it .... and on the other question , I don't believe there are any front runners , such as the newspaper article states , they won't begin interviews until next week ... but since anyone on here or I suppose at least would be guessing , I'll say Coach Red Parker is the front runner  ;)

DogsWin7

Quote from: the game on March 19, 2012, 09:57:44 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 19, 2012, 08:59:58 pm
I'd guess that at least one assistant Coach wants it .... and on the other question , I don't believe there are any front runners , such as the newspaper article states , they won't begin interviews until next week ... but since anyone on here or I suppose at least would be guessing , I'll say Coach Red Parker is the front runner  ;)

http://www.bentoncourier.com/content/parker-named-coach-year

DogsWin7

March 20, 2012, 04:10:28 pm #112 Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:15:55 pm by DiehardFBfan
 :o

Ooookkkkkk then..........•C'est magnifique- That is great!

DogsWin7

March 20, 2012, 06:23:52 pm #113 Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:25:27 pm by DiehardFBfan
 ::) no way this is making it to page 15

FilmCrew

I think that it is funny that it has went on this long...I posted this originally to just let Strong fans know that they were about to get a new coach. I hope that it doesn't go as long as Waldrens Coaching search thread went.

DogsWin7

March 21, 2012, 08:25:21 am #115 Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:30:50 am by DiehardFBfan
bleudog have you applied for the strong hc job?  ;)

Funny how hardly no one posts on this job or strong's, murfeesboro, union christian etc.  Not even close to the attention little ole' waldron got.  Wonder why ???

bleudog

March 21, 2012, 09:14:59 pm #116 Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:21:13 pm by bleudog
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 21, 2012, 08:25:21 am

Funny how hardly no one posts on this job or strong's, murfeesboro, union christian etc.  Not even close to the attention little ole' waldron got.  Wonder why ???

Nobody's ever paid me a dime to coach football and I don't see that changing any time soon. ;)

Not sure if the kind of attention Waldron got in their FF thread was the kind they wanted. 

There are challenges to the Strong job, but those L A bulldogs are coming off three 10-win seasons in the last five years in one of the toughest 2A districts and have made the playoffs for seven consecutive years.  They will also be the defending Arkansas 2A state champions going into the 2012 season.

Here's hoping both Waldron and Strong have successful football teams going forward.  Not sure where Waldron is, but maybe they could meet somewhere in between for a non-conf game.

DogsWin7

March 22, 2012, 09:12:34 am #117 Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:20:06 am by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: bleudog on March 21, 2012, 09:14:59 pm

Nobody's ever paid me a dime to coach football and I don't see that changing any time soon. ;)

Not sure if the kind of attention Waldron got in their FF thread was the kind they wanted. 

There are challenges to the Strong job, but those L A bulldogs are coming off three 10-win seasons in the last five years in one of the toughest 2A districts and have made the playoffs for seven consecutive years.  They will also be the defending Arkansas 2A state champions going into the 2012 season.

Here's hoping both Waldron and Strong have successful football teams going forward.  Not sure where Waldron is, but maybe they could meet somewhere in between for a non-conf game.

Ok bleudog if you ain't a fb Coach what do you coach?  and why do you keep consistently pointing out that Waldron has been down in football( which is true and they are trying to correct) and FF wasn't the attention Waldron wanted or needed?

Are you a coach in baseball, bb, track?  Admin or ad maybe?

Just trying to figure your angel or perhaps what concerns you are trying to let be known to Waldron, friend......PM if their is something.  I'm not at waldron but care bout kids

cuz

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 22, 2012, 09:12:34 am
Quote from: bleudog on March 21, 2012, 09:14:59 pm

Ok bleudog if you ain't a fb Coach what do you coach?  and why do you keep consistently pointing out that Waldron has been down in football( which is true and they are trying to correct) and FF wasn't the attention Waldron wanted or needed?

Just trying to figure your angel or perhaps what concerns you are trying to let be known to Waldron, friend......PM if their is something.  I'm not at waldron but care bout kids
Your way off base friend. You ever think he might just be into stats???? ;D

DogsWin7

I can and will live with that!^  Thanks  ;D

My brain doesn't function to well anymore!  I have been on the politic's and society forum-makes u think everyone has an agenda.  My apologies.

bleudog

March 22, 2012, 10:04:24 pm #120 Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:51:32 am by bleudog
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 22, 2012, 09:12:34 am

Never been paid a dime to coach anything.  Last thing I coached was a 15-year old Babe Ruth All Star team and I think we went 2-1 or 2-2.  (It was quite awhile ago and I can't remember if those state tournaments were double elimination or not.  Either way we didn't win it.)

Until FC started this thread, I'd never even heard of Waldron and still don't know where it is.  No angle or agenda here.  Nothing against Waldron, it's kids or their new coach.  I've repeatedly wished Waldron and Davis well as they move forward.

I'll make my "attention" comment in the early post more clear.  I went and looked thru the 4A Waldron thread you mentioned in at least three threads on this board.  That Waldron thread was kept alive by a few posters who obviously weren't involved or interested in the Waldron program.  Since the Waldron coaching search was taking longer than these FF "experts" though it should, those posters seemed more interested in turning the school's coaching search into a running FF joke.  That can't be the "attention" the kids at the school would have wanted.  I'd think they'd want to let the school find the best coach for the job and quietly begin the work it will take to, at some point in the future, turn 2-8 seasons into 12-2 seasons.

Now back on thread, I hope the PTB at Strong find the best coach to lead their Bulldogs as they go forward.

bleudog

March 22, 2012, 10:06:10 pm #121 Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:16:07 pm by bleudog
Quote from: cuz on March 22, 2012, 05:55:43 pm
Your way off base friend. You ever think he might just be into stats???? ;D

Yes cuz, my name is bleudog and I'm a numbers-holic. ;D

DogsWin7

bleudog,  I completely agree with you that Waldron did NOT want the coaching search to end up on FF as a JOKE.

It is always very serious when it involves kids and their self-esteem.  Some poster's yes, that I suspect are from other school's well, just tryed to get in there digs.

Waldron is an excellent school district.  Waldron now can meet their goal of being able to compete in the sport of Football.  The new coach was just what was needed in order for this dream to become a reality.  The New Athletic Complex had been in works for a few yrs. and Waldron is especially proud of what a small 4A school as accomplished and rightfully so.

Some posters, perhaps posted things in order to draw others out.  To see exactly what was felt about the school and perhaps get a upper hand if indeed things needed to be fixed or go in another direction.  Some posters, are fan's, the school owes it to the fan's to hear them out.  But always the main goal is to excel in academic's and athletic's or whatever a school chooses to participate in.    Hopefully,  that was understood.   Make no mistake  Waldron will achieve what they want.  They have an unwavering support by some who are dedicated to making sure it WILL happen.   IMHO.

bleudog

March 23, 2012, 04:22:04 pm #123 Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:21:04 pm by bleudog
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 23, 2012, 03:18:14 pm
bleudog,  I completely agree with you that Waldron did NOT want the coaching search to end up on FF as a JOKE.

It is always very serious when it involves kids and their self-esteem.  Some poster's yes, that I suspect are from other school's well, just tryed to get in there digs.

Waldron is an excellent school district.  Waldron now can meet their goal of being able to compete in the sport of Football.  The new coach was just what was needed in order for this dream to become a reality.  The New Athletic Complex had been in works for a few yrs. and Waldron is especially proud of what a small 4A school as accomplished and rightfully so.

Some posters, perhaps posted things in order to draw others out.  To see exactly what was felt about the school and perhaps get a upper hand if indeed things needed to be fixed or go in another direction.  Some posters, are fan's, the school owes it to the fan's to hear them out.  But always the main goal is to excel in academic's and athletic's or whatever a school chooses to participate in.    Hopefully,  that was understood.   Make no mistake  Waldron will achieve what they want.  They have an unwavering support by some who are dedicated to making sure it WILL happen.   IMHO.

Hopefully Davis will wear that ring of his when he gives his pep talks and give those Waldron Bulldogs a goal to shoot for.  Nothing like ending a football season in WMS.

Read about Waldon's improvements in their football facility.  Any pictures anywhere on line?

This was back in the early 2000's, but I had a JC football player tell me the worse field he played on was at Strong.  Bad case of sticker burrs and fire ants that year.  He loved getting to go up against the friends he'd made at Strong while playing summer baseball, but he hated playing on that field.  And before the Strong faithful get me wrong, I figure those stickers are long dead and those fire ant descendants have move on to other locations. 8)

DogsWin7

Quote from: bleudog on March 23, 2012, 04:22:04 pm

Hopefully Davis will wear that ring of his when he gives his pep talks and give those Waldron Bulldogs a goal to shoot for.  Nothing like ending a football season in WMS.

Read about Waldon's improvements in their football facility.  Any pictures anywhere on line?

This was back in the early 2000's, but I had a JC football player tell me the worse field he played on was at Strong.  Bad case of sticker burrs and fire ants that year.  He loved getting to go up against the friends he'd made at Strong while playing summer baseball, but he hated playing on that field.  And before the Strong faithful get me wrong, I figure those stickers are long dead and those fire ant decedents have move on to other locations. 8)

Apparently No pic's.   I thought GoodBetterBetz might post some since he is from Waldron but he never did, unless he has some on his webpage.   Anyway, what does WMS stand for?  I'm old you'll have to explain these new txt terms.   Fire Ants are everywhere in Arkansas I think!!!  Mean little dude's with a sting!   

I like to see all schools and kid's do well.  Life is short.  So many uncertainties it is easy for kid's and communities to gather round at a football game or any game for that matter and have good, clean, exciting, time.

cuz

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 23, 2012, 05:01:35 pm

This was back in the early 2000's, but I had a JC football player tell me the worse field he played on was at Strong.  Bad case of sticker burrs and fire ants that year.  He loved getting to go up against the friends he'd made at Strong while playing summer baseball, but he hated playing on that field.  And before the Strong faithful get me wrong, I figure those stickers are long dead and those fire ant decedents have move on to other locations. 8)

Apparently No pic's.   I thought GoodBetterBetz might post some since he is from Waldron but he never did, unless he has some on his webpage.   Anyway, what does WMS stand for?  I'm old you'll have to explain these new txt terms.   Fire Ants are everywhere in Arkansas I think!!!  Mean little dude's with a sting!   

I like to see all schools and kid's do well.  Life is short.  So many uncertainties it is easy for kid's and communities to gather round at a football game or any game for that matter and have good, clean, exciting, time.
WAR
MEMORIAL
STADIUM

DogsWin7

Quote from: cuz on March 23, 2012, 05:54:28 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 23, 2012, 05:01:35 pm

WAR
MEMORIAL
STADIUM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   Thank you!

DogsWin7

any word on job applicants yet?

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 26, 2012, 09:19:28 pm

I've heard some resumes have been sent in, but Coach Davis has not formally resigned yet or had his resignation accepted by the school board yet which means nothing can go forward until then.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on March 26, 2012, 09:34:07 pm

I've heard some resumes have been sent in, but Coach Davis has not formally resigned yet or had his resignation accepted by the school board yet which means nothing can go forward until then.

Anyone know when schoolboard meeting is this month?

Surely, Coach Davis will resign then.  What would be the reason for putting it off?

bleudog

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 27, 2012, 08:14:31 am

Surely, Coach Davis will resign then.  What would be the reason for putting it off?

http://strong.k12.ar.us/index.php?page=School-Board

http://strong.k12.ar.us/index.php?page=2012-board-minutes

Dayton Kitchens

I think it involves Coach Davis being one of the secondary math teachers and the potential difficulties of replacing him for the remainder of the school year.

IIRC,  under Arkansas regulations,  a teacher must be replaced by another teacher certified in that area only if the teacher in question will be gone 12 weeks or longer.   Of course it is now less than 12 weeks until the end of school, but replacing a secondary math teacher for nearly one quarter of the year is still no small matter.   

DogsWin7

Quote from: bleudog on March 27, 2012, 08:40:53 am

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on March 27, 2012, 09:14:35 am

I think it involves Coach Davis being one of the secondary math teachers and the potential difficulties of replacing him for the remainder of the school year.

IIRC,  under Arkansas regulations,  a teacher must be replaced by another teacher certified in that area only if the teacher in question will be gone 12 weeks or longer.   Of course it is now less than 12 weeks until the end of school, but replacing a secondary math teacher for nearly one quarter of the year is still no small matter.   

bleudog, I need better computer skills!  STAT!!!

He could of resigned last night, but Dayton you make a good point about resigning but isn't his contract up at the end of this year meaning he still has to fullfil his obligation?

Unless he resignes effective immediately, which most won't do but a resignation for next year could still allow them to go ahead with interviews yes?

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 27, 2012, 09:31:33 am

He could of resigned last night, but Dayton you make a good point about resigning but isn't his contract up at the end of this year meaning he still has to fullfil his obligation?

Unless he resignes effective immediately, which most won't do but a resignation for next year could still allow them to go ahead with interviews yes?

Yes once a resignation has been accepted interviews may be conducted for a replacement.

The school board can grant an early release from a contract and this is something that happens with some degree of frequency.    Especially with coaches, administrators and others who are on extended contracts.

bleudog

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 27, 2012, 09:31:33 am

You did pretty well quoting from multiple posts.  ;D

School stuff is pretty easy to find.  State regs require minimum standards for website content.  Here's Greenwood's if you're interested:

http://www.edline.net/pages/Greenwood_SD/District/School_Board

DogsWin7

Yes, I know the website   ever heard of the www.greenwooddogpound.com ?   great website also!!!! ;)

Sticking to Strong HC, maybe they did except his resignation last night.  How many days does the school have to wait to post what action was taken? 

loyal fan

loyal fan

DogsWin7

loyal fan

DogsWin7

loyal fan

This is a tough one!!!  Thoughts?

DogsWin7

April 12, 2012, 08:43:12 am #142 Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:33:08 am by DiehardFBfan
A few................

More like a strong maneuver......... ;)

i.e. an adroit move, skillful proceeding, etc....  Just kidding.

I have know idea about Strong Schools.  Never heard of it until FF which can almost be said about Waldron & other schools to some.  Wish the Football program continued success and the best of luck.

DogsWin7

Noticed on Strong's webpage that bleudog provided they have yet to update their board minutes( or I don't know how to work computer to get it to update right which could be the case!).

Has another meeting been held since return of spring break to discuss personnel?

loyal fan

How do the younger kids look at Strong?  Another run to LR?

DogsWin7

I bleed blue and white

Coach Davis has resigned. Board should accept Monday and hire replacement. Rumor has it that Coach Jackson (last years DC) will be offered the job. 32 out in spring practice and team has lived in weight room since January.

DogsWin7

Thanks for the info.........32 is not bad for a 2A school.  Do they compete in weight lifts as well?

I bleed blue and white

They did not compete in weight meets this year. Focus is on getting ready for 2012 football season. Lots of speed and 3/5 of starting O line back. Just need to get stronger and work on timing. Looks like three sets of offensive backs ready to roll! Coach Jackson has them mentally focused and is working on getting them physically ready.

DogsWin7

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas