• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Round 3 travel distances

Started by flow51, November 17, 2018, 08:29:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flow51

Round 3 travel distances:

Lamar @ Rison..............  2 hr 26 minutes.   156 miles

CHG @ Booneville............ 3 hr 39 minutes.  173 miles

Osceola @ Smackover.....  4 hr 34 minutes.   290 miles

Osceola @ El Dorado........ 4 hr 41 minutes.   290 miles

McGehee @ Prescott......... 2hr 39 minutes.   135 miles

Horse Shoe

Quote from: flow51 on November 17, 2018, 08:29:55 pm
Round 3 travel distances:

Lamar @ Rison..............  2 hr 26 minutes.   156 miles

CHG @ Booneville............ 3 hr 39 minutes.  173 miles

Osceola @ Smackover.....  4 hr 34 minutes.   290 miles

Osceola @ El Dorado........ 4 hr 41 minutes.   290 miles

McGehee @ Prescott......... 2hr 39 minutes.   135 miles

156 miles in 2 1/2 hours?  Dale Jr. must be driving that bus.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 20, 2018, 07:50:08 am
156 miles in 2 1/2 hours?  Dale Jr. must be driving that bus.

That's 60 mph. Need someone to drive you around grandpa?

teachers pet

We should do like they do in Texas and play at neutral sites agreed on by both schools so both school's fans could travel.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: athletic supporter on November 20, 2018, 07:56:15 am
That's 60 mph. Need someone to drive you around grandpa?
On average I agree.  But to be able to average 60 over that distance, you would have to push 75 at times sonny boy.

Headhunter15

Quote from: teachers pet on November 20, 2018, 08:10:33 am
We should do like they do in Texas and play at neutral sites agreed on by both schools so both school's fans could travel.

Well Texas is big enough to have suitable stadiums all over that are big enough to seat fans and all that comes with a playoff game. And you also have to remember how big Texas schools are. They're 3A is 6A for Arkansas size wise (don't quote me on that).  Arkansas isn't  equipped at the high school level where there's 100 million dollar high school football stadiums everywhere. Best one in the state for high school  is probably NLR I'd sayv

flow51

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 20, 2018, 08:12:02 am
On average I agree.  But to be able to average 60 over that distance, you would have to push 75 at times sonny boy.

All routes are per Mapquest. All interstate until You hit 79S at Pine Bluff..

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: teachers pet on November 20, 2018, 08:10:33 am
A long time ago we did. Made it a lot easier.

nastynice

Quote from: Oldman on November 20, 2018, 10:07:05 am
A long time ago we did. Made it a lot easier.

I think all semi final games should be neutral sites. But not the rds before.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: flow51 on November 20, 2018, 09:11:27 am
All routes are per Mapquest. All interstate until You hit 79S at Pine Bluff..
So Lamar school has an on ramp to I-40. Nice.

Warriors023

That is affirmative horse shoe, we have our own exit and on ramp!!

Robot Chicken

Who cares how far someone travels in the quarters? I don't think anyone is in school Friday. I feel like everyone can leave when they want to.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Robot Chicken on November 20, 2018, 01:13:17 pm
Who cares how far someone travels in the quarters? I don't think anyone is in school Friday. I feel like everyone can leave when they want to.
I would think some fans/parents still have to work, and the distances will adversely affect their ability to attend.  JS

xadboy

Safe travels to all the football fans traveling to games this Friday. Don't forget about all those black Friday holiday shopper's that will be on the road as well. Depending on where you are going to, you might need to leave a little early.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 20, 2018, 08:12:02 am

Again, scared to get in the left lane, gramps? 😉😎

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: athletic supporter on November 20, 2018, 02:42:39 pm
Again, scared to get in the left lane, gramps? 😉😎
It's Arkansas, people in the left lane drive 5 under the speed limit and never get in the right lane.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Oldman on November 20, 2018, 02:43:52 pm
It's Arkansas, people in the left lane drive 5 under the speed limit and never get in the right lane.

Touché. Good luck to the Owls Friday

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 20, 2018, 08:22:59 am
Well Texas is big enough to have suitable stadiums all over that are big enough to seat fans and all that comes with a playoff game. And you also have to remember how big Texas schools are. They're 3A is 6A for Arkansas size wise (don't quote me on that).  Arkansas isn't  equipped at the high school level where there's 100 million dollar high school football stadiums everywhere. Best one in the state for high school  is probably NLR I'd sayv
Who says it has to be at a high school stadium. If all games were played at a central location, why not WMS or UCA. Or early round games could be regional at places like SAU, Arkansas Tech, etc.

On the other hand, because of the size of the state of Texas, travel could be more problematic. Imagine a team having to travel from Texarkana to El Paso or Amarillo to Brownsville.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas