• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Walnut Ridge vs Booneville

Started by knownothingboutfallball, November 10, 2018, 06:51:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

knownothingboutfallball

CoolBreeze

You can take it to the bank. The Cats will win.

gold45

blackandoldgold

Before round 1 of the playoffs I picked Osceola to win it all. Going into round 2 I've changed my mind & am picking Booneville to win it all.

Redskin2015

501Arkansas

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 10, 2018, 10:19:46 pm
Before round 1 of the playoffs I picked Osceola to win it all. Going into round 2 I've changed my mind & am picking Booneville to win it all.
I sure hope Osceola and Booneville can keep winning because I'll love to see Osceola vs Booneville

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Redskin2015 on November 11, 2018, 12:09:38 am
I'm putting my money on the cats
The question is which cats. WR is the Bobcats.

Redskin2015

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 11, 2018, 07:53:00 am
The question is which cats. WR is the Bobcats.
I know lol I work in walnut ridge but with a bet like that I win either way lol

1wildcat

Good luck Booneville. The competition should start getting a tougher next week.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 11, 2018, 02:06:24 pm
Good luck Booneville. The competition should start getting a tougher next week.
One week at a time.  We are in it to win it. Boys are primed and ready.  Good luck to y'all

ChucktownTiger

Bet the House, Bet the Farm, or bet your kids. This one won't be close. Everyone's playing for second place at this point. Booneville by 35

PermaBan

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on November 11, 2018, 04:43:06 pm
Bet the House, Bet the Farm, or bet your kids. This one won't be close. Everyone's playing for second place at this point. Booneville by 35
Posted by a Charleston fan who's team got railed by Clinton Friday. Makes sense

elmerfudd

Quote from: PermaBan on November 11, 2018, 05:50:14 pm

I'm not saying he's right, but how might he be wrong?

Bearcatdad

They have played both Booneville and Clinton so they may have some insight

elmerfudd

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 11, 2018, 08:19:35 pm
They have played both Booneville and Clinton so they may have some insight

My thought exactly. Apparently that doesn't "make sense" to some.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 11, 2018, 08:25:10 pm
My thought exactly. Apparently that doesn't "make sense" to some.

They will understand all in due time. 

ISU7

If the Noles and Bearcats meet Noles speed will be to much for the Cats. Noles QB will rush for 100+ yds.

nastynice

Quote from: ISU7 on November 11, 2018, 11:11:10 pm
If the Noles and Bearcats meet Noles speed will be to much for the Cats. Noles QB will rush for 100+ yds.

Let's take 1 game at a time! ...But the ol phrase "Booneville can't handle speed" has be debunked dozens of times over the years.

AlumniLights

November 12, 2018, 05:17:31 am #18 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 07:27:09 am by AlumniLights

You really have no idea what you're talking about. Most Charleston Posters will support Booneville each week, unless they're playing Charleston. Good people over yonder in Logan County, not to mention good hard-nosed football! Now, as for getting railed, eh, it happens. Just not very often for the Tigers. Good luck to Clinton the rest of the way, but....Bearcats big in this one.  8)

501Arkansas

+1

ChucktownTiger

That's been debunked over here in western ar for ages. Good try though

ChucktownTiger

Great Coaching, physicality, and discipline beats speed any day of the week.

elmerfudd

I must admit, now that we're out of the 4A and we no longer meet up with the Warrens and Nashvilles of south and east Arkansas, I really thought we were done hearing the same ol' "Booneville is too slow", "Booneville is too small", "Booneville is too (insert weak characteristic here)" to handle this kind of size, speed, and talent.

I stand corrected. Shame on me.

I guess we'll find out soon enough......again......for the 400th time.

501Arkansas

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on November 12, 2018, 07:38:39 am
Great Coaching, physicality, and discipline beats speed any day of the week.
So Osceola doesn't has great coaching? Physicality? Discipline?

501Arkansas

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 12, 2018, 08:05:51 am
So Osceola doesn't has great coaching? Physicality? Discipline?
You should know after what osceola did to chuck town last season

Bearcatdad

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 12, 2018, 07:58:34 am
I must admit, now that we're out of the 4A and we no longer meet up with the Warrens and Nashvilles of south and east Arkansas, I really thought we were done hearing the same ol' "Booneville is too slow", "Booneville is too small", "Booneville is too (insert weak characteristic here)" to handle this kind of size, speed, and talent.

I stand corrected. Shame on me.

I guess we'll find out soon enough......again......for the 400th time.

Same old song and dance every year.   Everyone thinks they will just run away and leave us in the dust and that they have played really physical all season until they get hit and swarmed by our defense.  Then they usually come back to reality.  Time will she what the Bearcats can do and what they are all about.  1 game at a time.

501Arkansas

elmerfudd

Serious question for 501Arkansas....I'm not familiar with all the teams Osceola has played this year, so im curious if they have played any teams that run a similar offense to Booneville.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 12, 2018, 08:32:35 am
lol
Guess we all will see in the end.  Nashville said the same thing last year in the playoffs and we have the same defense that shut them down.  Guess y'all are just a lot better than Nashville. 

501Arkansas

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 12, 2018, 08:41:43 am
Serious question for 501Arkansas....I'm not familiar with all the teams Osceola has played this year, so im curious if they have played any teams that run a similar offense to Booneville.
What offense does Booneville run?

501Arkansas

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 12, 2018, 08:43:17 am
Guess we all will see in the end.  Nashville said the same thing last year in the playoffs and we have the same defense that shut them down.  Guess y'all are just a lot better than Nashville.
If both teams can make it out, we'll see what happens

nastynice

501Arkansas

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 12, 2018, 08:41:43 am
Nevermind I see now. Piggott, Rivercrest and Gosnell

elmerfudd

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 12, 2018, 08:49:03 am
What offense does Booneville run?

Hahaha this might explain your argument.

Chief_Osceola™

Well, Bearcat fans, it looks like you're on Osceola's mind (not me, the town in Arkansas)*.  Interesting, considering both teams are on opposite sides of the bracket.

*I don't speak or write in 3rd person.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 12, 2018, 09:05:22 am
Well, Bearcat fans, it looks like you're on Osceola's mind (not me, the town in Arkansas)*.  Interesting, considering both teams are on opposite sides of the bracket.

*I don't speak or write in 3rd person.

Yeah Chief they are trying to convince us now that they are faster than we are and that's their speed is a big game changer with our slow Bearcats

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 12, 2018, 09:08:25 am
Yeah Chief they are trying to convince us now that they are faster than we are and that’s their speed is a big game changer with our slow Bearcats

It's a yearly discussion.  More often than not the 'faster' team gets to start basketball a week sooner.  It should really be a pinned thread.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 12, 2018, 09:08:25 am
Yeah Chief they are trying to convince us now that they are faster than we are and that's their speed is a big game changer with our slow Bearcats
I didn't bring speed up

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 12, 2018, 09:12:01 am
It's a yearly discussion.  More often than not the 'faster' team gets to start basketball a week sooner.  It should really be a pinned thread.
+1

elmerfudd

Ok 501Arkansas, here is a bit of a reality check for you....

Against the three schools Osceola has played that run a similar offense to Booneville (according to you), here is the score of each game, followed by the record of that team:

Rivercrest:
score 14-16 (loss for Osceola)
2018 record 10-1

Piggott:
score 49-14 W
2018 record 6-5

Gosnell:
score 35-30 W
2018 record 6-5

So you handled one 6-5 team like you should have, but you barely squeaked by the other 6-5 team, and you lost to the one good team who runs that offense......

You might want to pull back on those reigns a little bit, 501.

501Arkansas

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 12, 2018, 09:19:07 am
Ok 501Arkansas, here is a bit of a reality check for you....

Against the three schools Osceola has played that run a similar offense to Booneville (according to you), here is the score of each game, followed by the record of that team:

Rivercrest:
score 14-16 (loss for Osceola)
2018 record 10-1

Piggott:
score 49-14 W
2018 record 6-5

Gosnell:
score 35-30 W
2018 record 6-5

So you handled one 6-5 team like you should have, but you barely squeaked by the other 6-5 team, and you lost to the one good team who runs that offense......

You might want to pull back on those reigns a little bit, 501.
Don't compare scores and records, it doesn't mean anything. Also, I doubt I pull back from anything but good luck to you guys though.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 12, 2018, 07:15:19 am
+1

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 12, 2018, 09:15:33 am
I didn’t bring speed up

It was implied, was it not?

elmerfudd

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 12, 2018, 09:24:14 am
Don't compare scores and records, it doesn't mean anything. Also, I doubt I pull back from anything but good luck to you guys though.

Lol good luck to the Noles. I really would like to see that matchup!

501Arkansas

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 12, 2018, 09:25:20 am
It was implied, was it not?
"I" as in "ME" didn't bring it up lol he did not "I"

501Arkansas

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 12, 2018, 09:26:22 am

Lol good luck to the Noles. I really would like to see that matchup!
+1

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 12, 2018, 09:28:58 am
”I” as in “ME” didn’t bring it up lol he did not “I”

No, I get what you're saying.  You didn't mention it first.  But you agree with ISU, correct?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 11, 2018, 07:05:44 pm
I'm not saying he's right, but how might he be wrong?
It's hard to see how the supporter of a team who got rolled by Booneville 42-3 and by Clinton 49-0, is somehow qualified to choose which team is better. The much maligned Clinton defense shut down the Tigers as did the vaunted Booneville defense. And obviously neither team had any difficulty scoring. IMO, all that qualifies him to do is to predict that both teams are much better than Charleston this year.

elmerfudd

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 12, 2018, 12:56:16 pm
It's hard to see how the supporter of a team who got rolled by Booneville 42-3 and by Clinton 49-0, is somehow qualified to choose which team is better. The much maligned Clinton defense shut down the Tigers as did the vaunted Booneville defense. And obviously neither team had any difficulty scoring. IMO, all that qualifies him to do is to predict that both teams are much better than Charleston this year.

That's considering all things (weather conditions, injuries, starters pulled) were equal when Charleston played each team, which they were not.

The fact they lost is irrelevant. If Chuck had beat both teams they'd still have an idea of who's better between Clinton and Booneville because that's the only team that has played both so far. 

OLDSCHOOL82

The future will unfold in due time....slow..like the cats...now back to this Friday.  Walnut ridge?  Looks to be a solid team.  Lake village had a 24 play drive and kept the ball away from them.  That score closer than the game or what?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas