• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McGehee at Newport

Started by owl84, November 09, 2018, 10:12:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: sprained ankle on November 16, 2018, 05:57:33 am
The Owls are going to be wondering "WHO LET THEM DAWGS OUT"
Well that's original.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Leo Marvin on November 16, 2018, 07:16:59 am
I don't know if Newport would beat Osceola two out of three.  It's hard to get the feel for the amount of speed Osceola has by watching a video.  They can go! If Newport happens to get a rematch (it would have to be at WMS),  I don't think the Hounds make as many mistakes, and it would be a different game.

Newport had a full house for the Osceola game even though we had steady rain right up until kickoff, and we've had great crowds all year.  The crowd was disappointing for Centerpoint.  It was cold and windy, but, you're right, you should expect a large home crowd.  Also, Newport has lots of seats for a 3A venue. 

The week before they played Osceola, Newport used a fast start to put away Piggott early.  I do bet Newport's coaches have been on the players about coming out and having a good start.  For what's it's worth, Newport has been a better second half team. Hopefully Newport plays all 4 quarters this week!
Regardless of the slow starts, Newport always keep fighting and they never gives up. I think they'll be just fine

sprained ankle

Quote from: Oldman on November 16, 2018, 07:47:35 am
Well that's original.
I thought it was better than "BEAT MCGEHEE"

Jimbo Morphis

CoolBreeze

Will you be watching your Owls in Newport tonight or building fires in Clinton?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 16, 2018, 11:40:48 am
Will you be watching your Owls in Newport tonight or building fires in Clinton?
Clinton

owl84

What's the best places to eat in Newport

FNL_hero

China star in Newport, el puente is really good. Then your normal fast food.

501Arkansas

Jimbo Morphis

1wildcat

Quote from: Leo Marvin on November 16, 2018, 07:16:59 am
I don't know if Newport would beat Osceola two out of three.  It's hard to get the feel for the amount of speed Osceola has by watching a video.  They can go! If Newport happens to get a rematch (it would have to be at WMS),  I don't think the Hounds make as many mistakes, and it would be a different game.

Newport had a full house for the Osceola game even though we had steady rain right up until kickoff, and we've had great crowds all year.  The crowd was disappointing for Centerpoint.  It was cold and windy, but, you're right, you should expect a large home crowd.  Also, Newport has lots of seats for a 3A venue. 

The week before they played Osceola, Newport used a fast start to put away Piggott early.  I do bet Newport's coaches have been on the players about coming out and having a good start.  For what's it's worth, Newport has been a better second half team. Hopefully Newport plays all 4 quarters this week!
That was how I saw it after watching the Osceola game, Newport could have won it (if) not for the slow start. But then seeing another slow start with Centerpoint had me wondering if that was typical for most of their games. If so, Newport wold probably lose all three. Osceola is just to good of team to not get it going for ya till after halftime. Newport could definitely win that game if they played all 4 quarters. The reason I was asking is that's the only two games I watched this year. If they can play an entire game the way they played the second half against Osceola, they will be hard to stop.

RHScats

owl84

owl84

RHScats

Guess the Wildcats and Owls are still victims of a weak conference ;D

Jimbo Morphis

How many delay of game penalties can we get in one season? Two on this drive.

owl84

Jimbo Morphis

Jimbo Morphis

Jimbo Morphis

November 16, 2018, 08:24:27 pm #69 Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:21:43 pm by Oldman
 Best tackle of the night by a Newport offensive tackle.

owl84

Jimbo Morphis

owl84

CoolBreeze

Oldman, I thought you were supposed to be in Clinton starting fires, but here you are commenting on the officials in Newport. Looks like your Owls have gotten it together when it really counts.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 16, 2018, 09:47:51 pm
Oldman, I thought you were supposed to be in Clinton starting fires, but here you are commenting on the officials in Newport. Looks like your Owls have gotten it together when it really counts.
Looks like

501Arkansas

owl84

1wildcat

Quote from: RHScats on November 16, 2018, 07:25:11 pm
Guess the Wildcats and Owls are still victims of a weak conference ;D
Well of course. Haven't you heard it enough yet?

1wildcat

Never, Never underestimate them Owls!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on November 16, 2018, 09:48:47 pm
Looks like
But do you think they can handle them ol' Curley Wolves? They're looking pretty hairy.

FootballSpotlight

Newport I hope you beat them Curly wolves bad and make them sit down.

jay nelvin

Quote from: FootballSpotlight on November 16, 2018, 10:33:49 pm
Unfortunately Newport won't get that chance.

Waterboy94

1wildcat

Quote from: FootballSpotlight on November 16, 2018, 10:33:49 pm
Well they did get the easy part done, they talked about it.

Leo Marvin

McGehee is a good team.  Best of luck next week!

Newport had a good year and lots of talent on the way up.  The Hounds will come back with a completely different look for next year.  Thank you to the Seniors for three great years of service!

501Arkansas

Quote from: Leo Marvin on November 16, 2018, 11:31:41 pm

Newport had a good year and lots of talent on the way up.  The Hounds will come back with a completely different look for next year.  Thank you to the Seniors for three great years of service!
Hey man is anyone looking at Cash?

Leo Marvin

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 16, 2018, 11:34:39 pm
Hey man is anyone looking at Cash?

Not sure, he can throw it!  He will be successful in whatever he decides to do.  He's a great guy!

Unfortunately, tonight he was looking at McGehee bringing the house!  Newport couldn't find an answer for the blitz

Razorhummer

Congrats to the McGehee Owls! First half was a great game and looked as if it was going to go the Hounds way this time. Unfortunately a few miss snaps midway through the 2nd quarter and the Owls capitalized. McGehee is a good team and they brought a good size crowd as well for nearly the 4 hour drive to Newport. I found that out last week when I traveled to nearby Dumas to watch the Southerners take on the Bobcats and it was a long drive back home. As for the Hounds they had a great season at finishing 9-3 and even though they lost 16 seniors after tonight, they're reloading. Good luck to the Owls and safe travels home to South Arkansas.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Leo Marvin on November 16, 2018, 11:31:41 pm

Didn't they have  a dominant Jr. High team?

Leo Marvin

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 17, 2018, 10:10:35 am
Didn't they have  a dominant Jr. High team?

Yes, junior high has been undefeated the last two years.  Hopefully that equates to high school.

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 09, 2018, 10:25:50 pm
Newport by 14. Newport's offense is full of speed and that guy cash is pretty darn good.  That Newport defense is Outstanding. SPEED SPEED SPEED
Eye discipline and good tackling angles can sometimes offset speed. 💯

hootingowl

That Newport defense got gashed!!! Yet another victim of the mighty wing t

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas