• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Osceola vs Mansfield

Started by 501Arkansas, November 09, 2018, 09:31:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

501Arkansas

beach bum

Could Osceola actually play any easier of a playoff slate?

Warriors023

Mansfield is somewhat of a stingy team, but nothing that will stand up to osceola

CoolBreeze

jay nelvin

I don't think any team in the top bracket stops the Noles.  Watched the Newport game today, and they are legit.

501Arkansas

Quote from: jay nelvin on November 09, 2018, 09:58:56 pm
I don't think any team in the top bracket stops the Noles.  Watched the Newport game today, and they are legit.
Oh yeah Newport is pretty darn good

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

Both teams points allowed/ points avg per game

Osceola allow 17
Mansfield allow 18

Osceola avg 40 per game
Mansfield avg 28 per game

Should be a good one.

Noles 49
Mansfield 14

imtie

Quote from: jay nelvin on November 09, 2018, 09:58:56 pm

I guess we will find out on the 23rd

CoolBreeze

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 09, 2018, 10:31:37 pm
Long 5 hr drive for Mansfield
Wouldn't matter. 'Noles would still dominate if the game were played at Mansfield.

jay nelvin

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 09, 2018, 10:30:43 pm
Oh yeah Newport is pretty darn good
I thought Newport was okay, Noles are definitely legit. 

Paperman

I don't think either Osceola or Smackover need to overlook their opponents on the 16th. I think Osceola is pretty solid and I think the same of the Buckaroos.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Paperman on November 10, 2018, 09:38:02 am
I don't think either Osceola or Smackover need to overlook their opponents on the 16th. I think Osceola is pretty solid and I think the same of the Buckaroos.
+1 the noles will take it game by game. Anyone can be beat at any giving night.

Leo Marvin

Without verifying facts, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this will be Mansfield's first trip to Osceola in program history.  It won't end well!

Osceola 55
Mansfield 6

ChucktownTiger

Congrats to Mansfield!!!! Probably gonna be the last game for the Red Tigers but way to come out and get it done. Red Tigers are playing week two while the black and white tigers are bouncing the orange ball. What world are we living in. Hahaha Congrats Guys!!!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on November 10, 2018, 12:12:10 pm
Congrats to Mansfield!!!! Probably gonna be the last game for the Red Tigers but way to come out and get it done. Red Tigers are playing week two while the black and white tigers are bouncing the orange ball. What world are we living in. Hahaha Congrats Guys!!!
[/quote/] Does this mean the world has turned upside down?

501Arkansas

Quote from: beach bum on November 09, 2018, 09:32:23 pm
Could Osceola actually play any easier of a playoff slate?
It's not osceola fault

ISU7

BuckHead

I honestly like this Osceola team. They're very athletic and do alot of things well. I think Osceola wins this one and hopefully comes to Smackover the week after. If so, I think that could be the most evenly matched games that will be played all year.

blackandoldgold

Osceola should cruise to another victory.

Leo Marvin

Quote from: BuckHead on November 10, 2018, 10:11:27 pm
I honestly like this Osceola team. They're very athletic and do alot of things well. I think Osceola wins this one and hopefully comes to Smackover the week after. If so, I think that could be the most evenly matched games that will be played all year.

Prescott seemed to be a pretty even matchup

BuckHead

November 10, 2018, 10:48:20 pm #21 Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 10:50:28 pm by BuckHead
Quote from: Leo Marvin on November 10, 2018, 10:20:47 pm
Prescott seemed to be a pretty even matchup
I agree. Prescott was a great matchup too. Prescott is an all around solid team. I think Smackover expected them to pass a little more bit they stuck to what was working for them. Dont get me wrong, that game could have went either way.

501Arkansas

I see Ethan Stovall is putting up numbers for Mansfield.

CatPride

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 11, 2018, 07:57:22 am
I see Ethan Stovall is putting up numbers for Mansfield.
He and the Red Tigers have had a good year. Unfortunately they run into a buzzsaw Friday night. Osceola proves to be too much for Mansfield.

Redskin2015

501Arkansas

Quote from: CatPride on November 11, 2018, 11:29:18 am
He and the Red Tigers have had a good year. Unfortunately they run into a buzzsaw Friday night. Osceola proves to be too much for Mansfield.
Oh yeah they are having a good year no doubt about it

Chief_Osceola™

Going with the Seminoles.  Mansfield will score some I think, but the Noles will score more.  Maybe a lot more.

SportsManiac

Really proud of the Red Tigers and they will have a ton of momentum heading into next year returning a bunch. Mansfield's offense is pretty good, and have some speed and I think they can score a few times on Osceola. Problem is I think Osceola scores as many points as they want. Osceola wins it 52-20, and have a good shot of winning the whole thing. Will be making the trip and cheering the Red Tigers on proudly.

501Arkansas

Quote from: SportsManiac on November 13, 2018, 05:42:38 pm
Really proud of the Red Tigers and they will have a ton of momentum heading into next year returning a bunch. Mansfield's offense is pretty good, and have some speed and I think they can score a few times on Osceola. Problem is I think Osceola scores as many points as they want. Osceola wins it 52-20, and have a good shot of winning the whole thing. Will be making the trip and cheering the Red Tigers on proudly.
Anything can happen

Razorhummer

Noles will put up a lot of points and win this one and move on and most likely be traveling to Smackover for a showdown with the Buckaroos.

Leo Marvin

Osceola is an amazing team, but they have to guard against a letdown.  I felt Osceola was the most talented team last year, but they stumbled in a weird game against Junction City.  It's the playoffs and things happen!

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Leo Marvin on November 14, 2018, 02:42:09 am
Osceola is an amazing team, but they have to guard against a letdown.  I felt Osceola was the most talented team last year, but they stumbled in a weird game against Junction City.  It's the playoffs and things happen!
I was at that JC game last year.  Looked like the Noles started to relax late in the game and JC was able to grab the momentum they needed to make a come back.  If Osceola can stay focused, they are the odds on favorite to make it to WMS from our side of the bracket. IMO

High Voltage

Quote from: SportsManiac on November 13, 2018, 05:42:38 pm
I was wondering where all of the Tiger fans went. I wanted to get down there this week and watch Mansfield but had plans change at the last minute and didn't make it. I really wanted to see the Stovall kid play. I have a feeling that it comes to a screeching halt for Mansfield this week. Hey, they had a great season though!

BAMA#16

Mansfield has had a great year, but this game will be over by halftime.

doggieskoot2

Here is one for you to scoff about.  #1 for Mansfield might be the fastest player on the field Friday night.   But seriously if you lined everyone up in a 40 or 100M he would have a solid chance to win. 

501Arkansas

Quote from: Leo Marvin on November 14, 2018, 02:42:09 am
I agree, one of our players has last years bracket as his profile picture on facebook which was the Osceola vs jc game. He reminding himself on how close that team was from making it to the championship game. Noles will not look over anyone, will take everyone seriously and play Seminole ball. This is a good Seminole team and hooks has his guys ready and focus. Watch out!!!!

Warriors023

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on November 10, 2018, 12:12:10 pm
+100

Leo Marvin

This is quite the trip for Mansfield.  Boosters need to charter them a plane ✈️

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Leo Marvin on November 15, 2018, 08:30:59 am
This is quite the trip for Mansfield.  Boosters need to charter them a plane ✈️
Will be an even longer trip home.

TRH

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 15, 2018, 11:15:35 am
Will be an even longer trip home.

I'd say that Mansfield exceeded most peoples expectations this season and are set up to have a quality team next year, too.
If Mansfield loses to Osceola, they will have lost to a high quality team.
Does Osceola live stream (ha-ha, right?), or at least do a radio broadcast that those of us unable to attend the game might be able to pick up
back here in NWA?

Paperman

If you go to the Sudbury broadcasting App, download, click on the Osceola Tab and the live radio broadcast is available.

1wildcat

I think the best chance Mansfield has of winning this one would be if Osceola thinks it's only Thursday and doesn't show up.

501Arkansas

CoolBreeze

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 16, 2018, 01:06:17 am
I think the best chance Mansfield has of winning this one would be if Osceola thinks it's only Thursday and doesn't show up.
+1

I can't believe it. I actually found something you and I can agree on.

Paperman

O
Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 16, 2018, 11:42:42 am
+1

I can't believe it. I actually found something you and I can agree on.
Quote from: 1wildcat on November 16, 2018, 01:06:17 am
Not gonna happen. The Seminoles players sleep at the stadium. LOL!

Mansfield has a great group of juniors. They are still a year away from competing with the elite teams in my opinion. I do look forward to seeing the Tigers in action though. Really impressed by Stovall. Hope for a good game, but a SEMINOLE vicotry.

TRH

Quote from: Paperman on November 15, 2018, 05:19:06 pm
If you go to the Sudbury broadcasting App, download, click on the Osceola Tab and the live radio broadcast is available.

Thank you so much!
From a dad who isn't going to get to be there, this is appreciated more than you'll ever know!

Paperman

Quote from: TRH on November 16, 2018, 03:16:57 pm
Thank you so much!
From a dad who isn't going to get to be there, this is appreciated more than you'll ever know!
I hope it works out and you can listen. I hope your son plays well. Mansfield has a good team and will only be better next season.

TRH

Quote from: Paperman on November 16, 2018, 03:21:43 pm
I hope it works out and you can listen. I hope your son plays well. Mansfield has a good team and will only be better next season.

Unfortunately my son is one of the seven seniors on the team, so this is his last "go round".
I'm really thankful for the info on the app! I'm downloaded and ready to go!
Here's to an injury free game and best of luck to Osceola the rest of the way, should they end our season this evening.

501Arkansas

Quote from: TRH on November 16, 2018, 04:10:14 pm
Unfortunately my son is one of the seven seniors on the team, so this is his last "go round".
I'm really thankful for the info on the app! I'm downloaded and ready to go!
Here's to an injury free game and best of luck to Osceola the rest of the way, should they end our season this evening.
Hey man pregame starts at 6:40

Jimbo Morphis

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas