• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who wins state

Started by FBGM501, November 07, 2018, 08:57:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FBGM501

Who wins state this year? Thoughts

beach bum

Whoever wins 5 games in a row.... except for Smackover or Glen Rose cause they can just win 4 to accomplish the same thing.

1wildcat

Probably Baptist Prep if they upset Booneville.

beach bum

I'm not very hopeful for Smackover and Glen Rose though cause those byes can be real pesky sometimes...

ISU7

beach bum

November 07, 2018, 09:08:28 pm #5 Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 09:10:43 pm by beach bum
Quote from: 1wildcat on November 07, 2018, 09:05:57 pm
Probably Baptist Prep if they upset Booneville.

I think Baptist Prep is really going show Booneville what real physical football is and rip off 5 wins in a row. I think they were playing possum all season...... Baptist Prep should just quit basketball cause they're no good there and just stick to the smash mouth football they are about to play all month.

501Arkansas

If the noles stay focus and ready I don't see anyone beating them

beach bum

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 07, 2018, 09:09:30 pm
If the noles stay focus and ready I don't see anyone beating them

Oh come on now we all know the Noles will be strapping on their Air Jordans by Monday

FootballSpotlight

JeffSavagIV

Bearcatdad

Jimbo Morphis

November 07, 2018, 10:12:21 pm #11 Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 10:24:21 pm by Oldman
Who wins state if your team gets upset, cheated, or plays their one bad game of the year? Can't be a blind homer this way.

501Arkansas

Quote from: beach bum on November 07, 2018, 09:12:04 pm

Oh come on now we all know the Noles will be strapping on their Air Jordans by Monday
You saying fouke going to beat Osceola?

panther86

FootballFan00

501Arkansas

CoolBreeze

November 08, 2018, 10:34:56 am #16 Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:50:12 am by CoolBreeze
Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 07, 2018, 10:12:52 pm
You saying fouke going to beat Osceola?
After that win, they go on a roll and will be the runner-up to Baptist Prep at WMS.

P.F.G.

WHITEchicken

If it's not Smackover it will be Rison if I had to guess. Going Smackover

Hound father

Going a rematch of the 3-3a conference championship game, and that being said I think Newport figured some things out Newport for the championship.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Hound father on November 08, 2018, 12:40:02 pm
Going a rematch of the 3-3a conference championship game, and that being said I think Newport figured some things out Newport for the championship.
So much for the not doing a blind homer pick.

Hound father

No I just don't think there is anyone in the state with the exception of maybe Smackover that has the speed nor the offense to keep up or defense to stop either of these teams.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Hound father on November 08, 2018, 12:51:57 pm
No I just don’t think there is anyone in the state with the exception of maybe Smackover that has the speed nor the offense to keep up or defense to stop either of these teams.
That's fair, I haven't seen either play so I don't have an opinion.

Gr3yhounds

Newports offense is high caliber no doubt. If the defense steps up Newport will be a force. Defense wins championships. Scoring 468 points, being scored on 252 points. A Newport vs Osceola rematch is certainly possible just depends on how both teams play.

bootsie84

No I just don't think there is anyone in the state with the exception of maybe Smackover that has the speed nor the offense to keep up or defense to stop either of these teams.
Rison has both.

CURLEYWOLF24

Let me ask you a serious question Hound Father, if Prescott gets by the winner of Charleston/Clinton does that trip to Prescott not worry you any?  Just asking..........  Oh yea, you got to take care of the Owls first!

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 08, 2018, 03:03:41 pm
Let me ask you a serious question Hound Father, if Prescott gets by the winner of Charleston/Clinton does that trip to Prescott not worry you any?  Just asking..........  Oh yea, you got to take care of the Owls first!
I agree. The last time Newport was bragging about how good they were when we played them in the Semifinals a couple years ago Prescott mercy ruled them. It's a new year so we will see what happens if they have to come back to Prescott in a few weeks.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 08, 2018, 04:03:11 pm
I agree. The last time Newport was bragging about how good they were when we played them in the Semifinals a couple years ago Prescott mercy ruled them. It's a new year so we will see what happens if they have to come back to Prescott in a few weeks.
Always assuming Prescott makes it that far.

Leo Marvin

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 08, 2018, 03:03:41 pm

Not Hound Father, but I'm sure Prescott will be ready if Newport comes their way this season.  I think it was somewhat of a surprise when Newport made it to the semis two years ago.  Expectations in Newport are on the rise.  Prescott played the 2016 version of Newport just as Newport played the 2016 version of Prescott.  Neither team is the same, so I don't think what happened two years ago will matter.  Is Prescott worried about Osceola after that beat down from last year?

501Arkansas

Quote from: Leo Marvin on November 08, 2018, 04:50:08 pm
Not Hound Father, but I'm sure Prescott will be ready if Newport comes their way this season.  I think it was somewhat of a surprise when Newport made it to the semis two years ago.  Expectations in Newport are on the rise.  Prescott played the 2016 version of Newport just as Newport played the 2016 version of Prescott.  Neither team is the same, so I don't think what happened two years ago will matter.  Is Prescott worried about Osceola after that beat down from last year?
I'll be worried if Osceola runs into Prescott again. They got out coached and out played

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 08, 2018, 04:34:20 pm
Always assuming Prescott makes it that far.
Yes when you have a tradition of winning in the playoffs like Prescott has through the years you expect to win and I expect to be there in a few weeks playing whoever. When you have one of the best playoffs records in  Arkansas since the playoffs started in 1969 you expect to win and we usually do! If we don't we will be back next year like always.

1wildcat

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 08, 2018, 11:46:37 am
If it's not Smackover it will be Rison if I had to guess. Going Smackover
I agree it will be either Rison or Smackover, but I think Rison will outlast Smackover in a tough hard fought game. I would guess not more than 7 points either way.

Linebacker

Why would snackover or risen when state?

Zebras98

I want to see Rison and Prescott in the championship... Rison of course to come out on top..

Hound father

If you say a team doesn't bother you they all do it is high school football any given week a team can be beat it is teenage kids we are talking about. Looking at some of the videos of Prescott this year they are not the team that we played 2 years ago and neither are we the team Prescott had two years ago would mercy rule the team this year.

1wildcat

Quote from: Zebras98 on November 08, 2018, 07:20:42 pm
I want to see Rison and Prescott in the championship... Rison of course to come out on top..
That match up is very possible. Prescott is one of those teams that it wouldn't take but a bounce or two going their way.

KOJACK

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 08, 2018, 05:13:19 pm
I'll be worried if Osceola runs into Prescott again. They got out coached and out played
You should be worried...lol, out coached, you talking about the "illegal block" that negated an opening kickoff return or the jump ball in 4th down or the ball that wasn't a catch that was called a catch??? You're best team you've had in years beat a down Prescott team at your place...congratulations now move on. Thank goodness you got some of rivercrest kids.

CapnObvious

You better tighten up the ol jock strap if you wanna stop Booneville ..

Sick Dog

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 08, 2018, 05:13:19 pm
Is that what happened to Osceola at JC?

1wildcat

Quote from: CapnObvious on November 08, 2018, 08:06:59 pm
You better tighten up the ol jock strap if you wanna stop Booneville ..

Yeah okay.

Once upon a time just about the entire state said that Rison was going to lose to Shilo Christian by 30-40 points, we didn't a chance.

But we didn't believe them either.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 08, 2018, 09:05:36 pm
Yeah okay.

Once upon a time just about the entire state said that Rison was going to lose to Shilo Christian by 30-40 points, we didn't a chance.

But we didn't believe them either.
Rison got beat by Danville last year and Booneville would beat either team pretty bad and you think Rison is that much better this year and y'all haven't played anyone other than your weak conference and a couple of double A teams that are not very good.   Keep telling yourself you can beat Booneville and maybe you team might believe it for a little bit before you get a chance to see them in person and what they can do. 

501Arkansas

Quote from: KOJACK on November 08, 2018, 08:05:26 pm
You should be worried...lol, out coached, you talking about the "illegal block" that negated an opening kickoff return or the jump ball in 4th down or the ball that wasn't a catch that was called a catch??? You're best team you've had in years beat a down Prescott team at your place...congratulations now move on. Thank goodness you got some of rivercrest kids.
Worried for what? They a down Prescott team because they came to Osceola and got punished so that makes them a "down"Prescott team? Man stop it. All that hype for nothing. Ran them back to Prescott 😂😂

501Arkansas

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 08, 2018, 08:58:56 pm
Is that what happened to Osceola at JC?
I wouldn't say out coached. Noles started off slow and sr Running back went out with a knee injury. Jc didn't have a answer for Osceola Running back in that game. But hey it is what it is

elmerfudd

Is anyone else glad these arguments are settled on the field?? No?? Just me?? Ok

1wildcat

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 08, 2018, 09:16:48 pm
Rison got beat by Danville last year and Booneville would beat either team pretty bad and you think Rison is that much better this year and y'all haven't played anyone other than your weak conference and a couple of double A teams that are not very good.   Keep telling yourself you can beat Booneville and maybe you team might believe it for a little bit before you get a chance to see them in person and what they can do.

Like I said before, just hang tight it's getting closer every day. ;D

Bearcatdad

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 08, 2018, 09:26:27 pm
Like I said before, just hang tight it's getting closer every day. ;D

I have a front row seat.  Maybe I will get to meet you in the end and one of us will be able to tell the other I told you so. 😁

1wildcat

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 08, 2018, 09:36:35 pm
I have a front row seat.  Maybe I will get to meet you in the end and one of us will be able to tell the other I told you so. 😁

Yes sir! I agree. You know to be the best you got to beat the best, and most people seem to believe that's Booneville. So I'll be pulling for ya all the way to Little Rock. Good Luck, and hope to see you there.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 08, 2018, 09:47:32 pm
Yes sir! I agree. You know to be the best you got to beat the best, and most people seem to believe that's Booneville. So I'll be pulling for ya all the way to Little Rock. Good Luck, and hope to see you there.

Same here.  Good luck to y'all as well

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Zebras98 on November 08, 2018, 07:20:42 pm
That would be a good game and I wouldn't mind seeing it even though we would love a rematch with either Osceola or Smackover. Prescott and Rison have a little history. Prescott and Rison played each other in the 1970 State Championship game with Rison winning 7 to 0. Prescott leads the all time series 2 to 1. Prescott was in the same conference with Rison a few years ago for 2 years with Prescott winning both years at Rison and at Prescott. They were very exciting games because I was there!

ISU7

Quote from: Linebacker on November 08, 2018, 06:57:23 pm
Why would snackover or risen when state?
Snackover
Risen
When
What a post.
Why even make a spell check 🤣😂🤣😂

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas