• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buckaroos vs Bye

Started by WHITEchicken, November 03, 2018, 12:21:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITEchicken

I think Smackover takes this one

shiloh forever

I think they have a good shot, especially if bye's QB gets full body cramps

Curleywolf Fan

They will take care of bye and probably Danville but I don't see them beating Osceola. Smackover can't stop the run. They couldn't stop Prescott. The only thing that stopped Prescott was Prescott with their turnovers. If they don't turn the ball over Osceola will win. They made believers out of us last year in the playoffs! lol

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 03, 2018, 02:50:06 am
They will take care of bye and probably Danville but I don't see them beating Osceola. Smackover can't stop the run. They couldn't stop Prescott. The only thing that stopped Prescott was Prescott with their turnovers. If they don't turn the ball over Osceola will win. They made believers out of us last year in the playoffs! lol

Prescott's turnovers were forced. 😏😎

imtie

Well in the mud pit that is Smackovers field speed is hendered big time.

WHITEchicken

If smack fumbles 8 times bye could have a shot. And Prescott ran the ball great the first half for sure.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 03, 2018, 09:33:41 am
If smack fumbles 8 times bye could have a shot. And Prescott ran the ball great the first half for sure.

But only if Smackover is their own enemy. They must fumble the ball on their own.

1wildcat

Rumor is Smackover may have to forfeit ;D this one.

WHITEchicken

I have heard that the kid with no name now has highlights for the public to view. I am assuming that it is now ok to call him turner and for us to talk about his involvement in the games. I have heard their is no way that we beat Bye without him. I just hope he gets healthy for this matchup.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 03, 2018, 09:49:42 am
But only if Smackover is their own enemy. They must fumble the ball on their own.
Yes, like Prescott was their worst enemy in the Smackover game. We can agree to disagree. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! 😁

Jimbo Morphis

All the Bye fans wish Smackover would lose.

WHITEchicken

Oldman you are a BI fan not a fan of the bye team.

blackandoldgold

Love it when someone makes me chuckle. This tread title made me chuckle.

Gotta give it to someone with clever humor.

CoolBreeze

I seem to remember that Bye gave Chucktown fits in the first round a few years ago.

WHITEchicken

I will say this about bye. They have a good defense. They haven't given up a yard all year.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 03, 2018, 04:19:37 pm
Oldman you are a BI fan not a fan of the bye team.
So many different ways to go here. Lol

WHITEchicken

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 03, 2018, 12:21:48 am
I think Smackover takes this one

cant call this one until I've seen game film and a scouting report

seeya

Smackover will not get past Danville.

501Arkansas

+1

WHITEchicken

JeffSavagIV

Jimbo Morphis

JeffSavagIV

Greg Turner Jr. #6
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6395401/5bd746b1e97a4215982f893a
Jaqueze Modica #3
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6395401/5bb233faa680971488f1ad22
Dexter Crockett #4
http://www.hudl.com/v/2AX1nk

For anyone that wants to see their regular season highlights. Lot of speed waiting on the winner of Danville/YV-S

seeya

Quote from: JeffSavagIV on November 05, 2018, 09:52:35 am
Lol really?
Yes really! Danville is a well rounded team that could very likely beat Smackover!

JeffSavagIV

"Very likely beat" and "won't get past" are different. Also Danville is coming to a 1 seed at home off of a bye so that already puts you at a disadvantage. And being well rounded is good but there's a reason Smackover has not lost a game on the field all year and are 9-1 overall. They're very explosive offensively, have multiple playmakers, and are very fast on defense. Big challenge ahead for the winner of YV-S @ Danville.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: JeffSavagIV on November 05, 2018, 12:54:44 pm
"Very likely beat" and "won't get past" are different. Also Danville is coming to a 1 seed at home off of a bye so that already puts you at a disadvantage. And being well rounded is good but there's a reason Smackover has not lost a game on the field all year and are 9-1 overall. They're very explosive offensively, have multiple playmakers, and are very fast on defense. Big challenge ahead for the winner of YV-S @ Danville.
This could be shortened to two words. Speed kills

JeffSavagIV

WHITEchicken

WHITEchicken

I just hope our guys don't over look bye this week. It is ok for us as fans to look forward to the Danville winner but if the guys do it could mean a long night in the mud.

1wildcat

November 06, 2018, 12:17:25 am #30 Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 12:50:03 am by 1wildcat
The Turner kid is really impressive. It's a shame that Rison and Smackover can't meet up in Little Rock. I believe these are the two best teams in 3A and this match up will probably produce the state champion.

501Arkansas

Quote from: JeffSavagIV on November 05, 2018, 12:04:55 pm
Greg Turner Jr. #6
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6395401/5bd746b1e97a4215982f893a
Jaqueze Modica #3
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6395401/5bb233faa680971488f1ad22
Dexter Crockett #4
http://www.hudl.com/v/2AX1nk

For anyone that wants to see their regular season highlights. Lot of speed waiting on the winner of Danville/YV-S
Do they even play teams that has a good defense or knows how to tackle?lol them guys are fast but it's poor tackling going on in them highlights. Hope we(Osceola) get a shot at you guys in the 3rd round

shiloh forever

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 06, 2018, 12:40:39 am
Do they even play teams that has a good defense or knows how to tackle?lol them guys are fast but it's poor tackling going on in them highlights. Hope we(Osceola) get a shot at you guys in the 3rd round
They're trying... just like you guys will try ;)

501Arkansas

BuckHead

Turner averages 14 ypc. This us nothing new to him tho. He was doing this as a little kid in Arlington, TX with no problems. Everybody is not a poor tackler. This kid is just hard to bring down period. Last game he had 27 carries, 278 yards, 3 touchdowns and 1 interception against Harmony Grove. This kid is the real deal.

RamblinRazorWreck

Brigham Young Episcopal is one of those unfair Private Schools that is eternally undefeated.  It's time to kick them out of the AAA and force them to only play Pulaski Academy.   ;D

501Arkansas

Quote from: BuckHead on November 06, 2018, 06:56:39 am
Turner averages 14 ypc. This us nothing new to him tho. He was doing this as a little kid in Arlington, TX with no problems. Everybody is not a poor tackler. This kid is just hard to bring down period. Last game he had 27 carries, 278 yards, 3 touchdowns and 1 interception against Harmony Grove. This kid is the real deal.
Right I'm not taking nothing away from them at all, I know how good the kid is. Any D1 schools looking at him?

BuckHead

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 06, 2018, 07:42:41 am
Right I'm not taking nothing away from them at all, I know how good the kid is. Any D1 schools looking at him?
Dr. Fitz Hill said on the radio last week that he's the most underrated back in the state and is on the Hogs radar. I can't validate that but I don't doubt it one bit. He's the total package.

snoopy22

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 06, 2018, 12:40:39 am
So when Osceola gave up 45 points to Newport what was that?  Poor tackling?  Believe me, I'm not a Smackover fan, but for you to say they haven't played anyone or that Turner isn't a good runner is ridiculous.  They have played a tough Foreman, Junction City, Prescott, and Camden Harmony Grove.  The only team Turner didn't run all over was Prescott.  That being said, I give the edge to Osceola if Smackover and Osceola actually play, which is not a guarantee.  Will be two of the most athletic teams in 3A for sure.

ISU7

Quote from: snoopy22 on November 06, 2018, 12:17:41 pm
So when Osceola gave up 45 points to Newport what was that?  Poor tackling?  Believe me, I'm not a Smackover fan, but for you to say they haven't played anyone or that Turner isn't a good runner is ridiculous.  They have played a tough Foreman, Junction City, Prescott, and Camden Harmony Grove.  The only team Turner didn't run all over was Prescott.  That being said, I give the edge to Osceola if Smackover and Osceola actually play, which is not a guarantee.  Will be two of the most athletic teams in 3A for sure.
I know this isn't last season but any team can have a night when  the defense doesn't tackle well. Poor tackling in the semifinals vs JC caused the Noles a trip too WMS last season it's just part of the game.

501Arkansas

Quote from: snoopy22 on November 06, 2018, 12:17:41 pm
Not one time I said Turner wasn't a good runner back not one time. I said the kid was good just poor tackling. Poor tackling against Newport? No just Newport finally woked up faster Osceola was up 21-2 at halftime. Defense didn't have a answer 2nd half. Defense ran out of gas after the first half. Yeah giving up 43 points is unacceptable and the noles will fix that this week on out. Osceola gave up 45 points to a good Newport team and that was the most points Osceola gave up all season long so. But we will see how things turn out. I like that smackover team great team

WHITEchicken

I was unaware that turners records were unsealed from his tx days. Can we get some stats?

bleudog

November 06, 2018, 04:06:40 pm #42 Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 04:13:14 pm by bleudog
Careful there WC, I understand Bye has an entire staff dedicated to examining their opponent's paperwork and them boys can be tough.  I believe they're in the State Farm Arkansas record book for most all time wins by forfeit during the playoff era.  They almost won a state championship back in '99.  Seems like they took the #5 seed in their district this year by finding a way to get three 2-0 victories.   ;D

WHITEchicken

BuckHead

Turner stats. 89 carries for 1106 yards. 12.5 yards a carry. 21 touchdowns. He also averages 51 yards on kickoff returs with 3 returns for 154 yards and a touchdown. Just imagine if he played every game this year. 🤦‍♂️

LJ1985

Danville will take care of Yellville handily but I agree that Danville will face a monumental challenge in going to Smackover in week 2.  I am sure that Smackover will have tons of speed.  Of course, Rison did last year as well.  Just saying!

WHITEchicken

I have seen his Arkansas numbers I need tx stats.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BuckHead on November 07, 2018, 06:55:21 am
Turner stats. 89 carries for 1106 yards. 12.5 yards a carry. 21 touchdowns. He also averages 51 yards on kickoff returs with 3 returns for 154 yards and a touchdown. Just imagine if he played every game this year. 🤦‍♂️
What college coach gave you this info?

bleudog

Quote from: BuckHead on November 07, 2018, 06:55:21 am

Do these include the forfeited game in Magnolia?

BuckHead

Quote from: bleudog on November 07, 2018, 10:49:26 am
Do these include the forfeited game in Magnolia?
Yes.. He missed again Junction City, Hampton forfeited, played half a game against Centerpoint, and missed against Horatio. Every other game is included. He still doesn't have 100 carries on the year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas