• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Eight Man Football player

Started by Flobbito, October 10, 2018, 11:10:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Flobbito

Leighton Vander Esch, rookie linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys, I heard on the broadcast Sunday night he played 8 man football in H.S.  So it made me wonder who some of the greats, if any, were that came through the league after playing eight man in H.S.

And who are the best eight man football athletes in Arkansas today?

Flobbito

Here are some I found:

Chris Penn, Lenapah, OK: Wideout played at Tulsa before becoming the state's first 8-man player to appear in the NFL with the Chiefs.

Reggie Skinner, White Oak, OK: Set the national 8-man record with 156 touchdowns and went on to play as a reserve running back at OU.

Dean Steinkuhler, Nebraska: Won the Outland Trophy and was the second overall pick in the 1984 NFL Draft, playing seven seasons with the Houston Oilers.

Rashaan Salaam, Colorado: Won the 1994 Heisman Trophy and was a first-round draft pick of the Chicago Bears.

Jack Pardee, Texas A&M: Former NFL linebacker and coach played 6-man football in Christoval, Texas.

Nolan Cromwell, Kansas: Former KU quarterback and NFL standout, one time offensive coordinator at Texas A&M.

Gaines Adams, Clemson: Defensive lineman starred at Clemson before becoming the fourth overall pick of the Buccaneers in the NFL Draft.

Chad Greenway, Iowa: Linebacker played 8-man ball in South Dakota before moving on to Iowa and becoming a first-round draft pick of the Vikings.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas