• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Softest Conference in 4A?

Started by Digger#23, September 20, 2018, 02:13:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Digger#23

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

I have to go against my own and say the 3-4A. Pocahontas, Gosnell, and Rivercrest, then everyone else. Not even a steady drop-off, but a cliff basically

SouthernerPride

Coltfan2005

September 20, 2018, 06:25:31 pm #3 Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 06:31:21 pm by Coltfan2005
4-4A, then 4-3A a close second...but there is only one conf with 4 really good teams in it.

RabAlumni

They are as follows:

4A - 3  (Softest)
4A - 4
4A - 1
4A - 2
4A - 8
4A - 7  (Hardest)

Gray lizard

As bad as I hate to say this I do not think you can pick the weakest this year.  I do think there are a top 2 in the 7 and 8 (Ouch that hurt).

bigchief72455

Is that just for this year of traditionally.

RabAlumni

1,2,3, & 4 could pretty much be interchangeable at any point of the year.  How many state championships other than Shiloh have come from outside the 7 or 8?

Digger#23

AirWarren

Quote from: RabAlumni on September 21, 2018, 09:05:08 am
1,2,3, & 4 could pretty much be interchangeable at any point of the year.  How many state championships other than Shiloh have come from outside the 7 or 8?

Booneville has one. So does CAC.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Were any of PA's championships while they were 4A?

phdefense

phdefense

Quote from: AirWarren on September 21, 2018, 03:25:22 pm
Booneville has one. So does CAC.
CAC's championship was prior to the current alignment in 2006 which sets the modern 4A.  Which is the time frame I assume Rabfan is talking about?

Coltfan2005

Quote from: RabAlumni on September 21, 2018, 09:05:08 am

well, since you didn't specify 4A, Rivercrest has 3 since they actually started playoffs

RyanLR

Clearly it's Warren and then there is everybody else in the 8-4A.

RabAlumni

Quote from: phdefense on September 21, 2018, 03:40:12 pm
CAC's championship was prior to the current alignment in 2006 which sets the modern 4A.  Which is the time frame I assume Rabfan is talking about?

You would be correct. I apparently should be more specific!  ::)

Jabali

I hate it but it is probably the 4A-4. They have one win and five losses against the 3A-1. It would be "iffy" if their conference champion would qualify for the playoffs in the 3A-1.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: Jabali on September 22, 2018, 08:43:30 am
I hate it but it is probably the 4A-4. They have one win and five losses against the 3A-1. It would be "iffy" if their conference champion would qualify for the playoffs in the 3A-1.
Elkins beat Greenland and Dardanelle beat Charleston. I guess Chucktown and Greenland are "iffy" playoff teams?

Jabali

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on September 22, 2018, 10:26:49 am
Elkins beat Greenland and Dardanelle beat Charleston. I guess Chucktown and Greenland are "iffy" playoff teams?

It's starting to look that way. 3A-1 Booneville is the defending 4A-4 conference champion and has for all intentional purposes won the conference again while beating Ozark, Pottsville and pushing Dardy around to the tune of 21-7 in a scrimmage.

Lacerta agilis

Booneville would have been the favorite to repeat as 4-4A champs if they hadn't moved down. I guess Booneville is going to field 3 teams for conference play.

Razorhummer

4A - 3  (Softest)
4A - 4
4A - 1
4A - 2
4A - 8
4A - 7  (Hardest)

Lizard47

Quote from: Jabali on September 22, 2018, 10:39:11 am
It's starting to look that way. 3A-1 Booneville is the defending 4A-4 conference champion and has for all intentional purposes won the conference again while beating Ozark, Pottsville and pushing Dardy around to the tune of 21-7 in a scrimmage.

I wouldn't put much stock in that preseason scrimmage. Especially after a 2 point win over Pottsville. Things change and teams find their groove by mid season. I'm not saying the 4-4A isn't week cause it is for the most part. How teams match up says a lot about win margins. Dardy has found it's stride. Ozark will be a tough test for most from here on out. Elkins is apparently not intimidated by their move up to 4A and scores a lot of points weekly.

Lizard47

At least the 4-4A is not on here slinging mud at each other like what I've seen on the 1-4A and 3-4A threads. I mean it's getting pretty heated over there and for what? Top seeds in down conferences have a tough row to hoe come playoff time, we all know that, Dardy's just taking it one game at a time.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Lizard47 on September 28, 2018, 08:17:25 am
At least the 4-4A is not on here slinging mud at each other like what I've seen on the 1-4A and 3-4A threads. I mean it's getting pretty heated over there and for what? Top seeds in down conferences have a tough row to hoe come playoff time, we all know that, Dardy's just taking it one game at a time.

sniff sniff

Lizard47

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas