• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Panthers & Rabbits

Started by HeberFan, September 18, 2018, 01:10:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeberFan

Heber travels to Lonoke to start conference play. Who wins ????????????

HeberFan

Heber's offense has outscored Lonoke's so far this year, and, the Panther defense was much improved last week against a very balanced Harding Academy team. Should be a good game.

Coltfan2005

Both have played some very good teams in non-conf. Looks like it could be a very interesting game.

Razorhummer

This has always been a great game to watch. I remember traveling to Lonoke in 2010 and watching this game and Lonoke came back and won in ot. Should be a good game but think Heber will get it's first win of season over the Jackrabbits.

HeberFan

I agree, always a good contest. How has Lonoke's running game looked this year?

SUGARTOWN

I think Heber wins a close one. BUT, strange things happen in Lonoke...

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 19, 2018, 10:01:12 am
I think Heber wins a close one. BUT, strange things happen in Lonoke...

Figure this game will be decided by a couple of big plays.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on September 19, 2018, 10:02:14 am
Figure this game will be decided by a couple of big plays.

Or maybe a couple of flags.

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 19, 2018, 10:03:03 am
Or maybe a couple of flags.

Flags have sure made a difference thus far.... takes the refs a few games to find their form.

FoxandHound34

Lonoke always gets the calls at home doesn't matter if it's football, basketball, or spring sports you can bet the ole strips is cheering for the Wabbits

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 19, 2018, 03:03:41 pm
Lonoke always gets the calls at home doesn't matter if it's football, basketball, or spring sports you can bet the ole strips is cheering for the Wabbits

Yep, I always say that in football you're already down 7-0 when you step off the bus at Lonoke.

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 19, 2018, 03:25:59 pm
Yep, I always say that in football you're already down 7-0 when you step off the bus at Lonoke.

Good one !

FoxandHound34

And the coach is already tossed pretty much in hoops when you step off as well especially girls side. I've seen plenty of coaches not make it to the half some out the first quarter lol

HeberFan

How many players does Lonoke field this year?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on September 20, 2018, 11:40:13 am
How many players does Lonoke field this year?

They have 38 listed on the roster.

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 20, 2018, 01:17:16 pm
They have 38 listed on the roster.

There are several 4A teams this year with sub-40 rosters. Hasn't always been that way. Think that's a trend?

RabAlumni

I feel offended by the comments on this Thread. But then again it was Sugartown starting most of it so that doesn't shock me much. It feels like old times boys being back on this glorious site, however lets be real anywhere you play on Friday night you are going to feel like you are stepping off the bus already down 7-0. I know what goes on in Stuttgart so let's not act like everything is innocent over in your neck of the woods!  Now for this topic, let's be real about what the score is going to be tonight.  I say Lonoke - 24   Heber - 21... I think both teams are pretty much fighting for the 4th seed at this point, possibly 5th!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RabAlumni on September 21, 2018, 08:37:06 am
I feel offended by the comments on this Thread. But then again it was Sugartown starting most of it so that doesn't shock me much. It feels like old times boys being back on this glorious site, however lets be real anywhere you play on Friday night you are going to feel like you are stepping off the bus already down 7-0. I know what goes on in Stuttgart so let's not act like everything is innocent over in your neck of the woods!  Now for this topic, let's be real about what the score is going to be tonight.  I say Lonoke - 24   Heber - 21... I think both teams are pretty much fighting for the 4th seed at this point, possibly 5th!

Enlighten me, what goes on in Stuttgart?

Rabhog

RabAlumni

If I posted the truth I would get banned again. I just came back from my 6 year ban, so I'd prefer not to go that route again.  Why don't you follow up with phsdefense though and he may be able to fill you in!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RabAlumni on September 21, 2018, 08:43:55 am
If I posted the truth I would get banned again. I just came back from my 6 year ban, so I'd prefer not to go that route again.  Why don't you follow up with phsdefense though and he may be able to fill you in!

6 year ban?  ::)

How you PM it to me...

RabAlumni

You've been on this site for what 17 years?  About the same as Oldman, Flap Jack, phs, AirWarren, etc right?  Well I was right there with all of you and you know who I am, but I will just leave it at that.  Yes, a long life-ban almost.  Some Moderators apparently do not like jokes  :'( :'( :'(

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RabAlumni on September 21, 2018, 08:55:08 am
You've been on this site for what 17 years?  About the same as Oldman, Flap Jack, phs, AirWarren, etc right?  Well I was right there with all of you and you know who I am, but I will just leave it at that.  Yes, a long life-ban almost.  Some Moderators apparently do not like jokes  :'( :'( :'(

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but I have no idea who you are or what you're talking about. Sounds like fake news to me.

HeberFan

If he's still taking about it, a 6-year ban wasn't enough !

RabAlumni

I shot you a PM... No Hard Feelings!

RabAlumni

HeberFan, I am probably most impressed by the game Heber played against Clinton this year. I know it was the first game for both teams and obviously more mistakes happen, but Clinton just very well may be the team to beat in the 3A this year. I don't think Lonoke is any better than Clinton, but I don't believe that they are worse than Heber hence my prediction!

HeberFan

Quote from: RabAlumni on September 21, 2018, 10:28:43 am
HeberFan, I am probably most impressed by the game Heber played against Clinton this year. I know it was the first game for both teams and obviously more mistakes happen, but Clinton just very well may be the team to beat in the 3A this year. I don't think Lonoke is any better than Clinton, but I don't believe that they are worse than Heber hence my prediction!

Clinton is good, and, has a scrambling quaterback who is very tough to catch. Can't tackle a guy if you can't touch him.  In think the Jackets will go far in the playoffs.

The Heber-Lonoke game always seems to be a good one. Heber could easily be 2-1 at this point, and, the Panthers have a background of stepping it up in conference play.

RabAlumni

I don't know why I feel like Lonoke might pull thru on this one.   ???

HeberFan

Quote from: RabAlumni on September 21, 2018, 02:25:43 pm
I don't know why I feel like Lonoke might pull thru on this one.   ???

Because they might.  Lonoke is always dangerous.  I feel like Heber's ready to finish a game strong tonight.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: HeberFan on September 20, 2018, 01:39:06 pm
There are several 4A teams this year with sub-40 rosters. Hasn't always been that way. Think that's a trend?
Been like that at Warren for years. With the nanny state of things, kids aren't allowed to sweat anymore.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: RabAlumni on September 21, 2018, 08:55:08 am
Having a ban put on you from time to time builds character. You've grown as a person. Good for you!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 21, 2018, 09:05:12 am
Sorry to hurt your feelings, but I have no idea who you are or what you're talking about. Sounds like fake news to me.

I just watched the entire thing on CNN. It was all trump's fault.

RabAlumni

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 21, 2018, 06:03:05 pm
Having a ban put on you from time to time builds character. You've grown as a person. Good for you!

Did I? Meh, probably not!!! Time shall tell though...

LakeRat

It was a fun half a game to watch until the weather delay forced a suspension... Lonoke lacks size but has a lot of speed. Heber started a little flat but were getting into rhythm by half time.

The key plays that put Lonoke in the lead were setup due to turnovers and 2 recovered on-side kicks. Lots of penalty calls both ways, but seemed typical for early season play...

The game was classified as "suspended"... last official word was they were tentatively looking to reschedule for 2:00pm today (Saturday) to finish out the game. Main challenge was getting a sanctioned crew to officiate it. Oh... and the weather...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas