• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I love this.......Springdale begs for money for rings

Started by Quite Frankly, March 26, 2006, 09:00:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RHS

Won't take one side or the other, but I don't understand the reasoning for this post, since it did have it's own thread that has obviously been left alone.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: RHS on April 16, 2006, 03:05:06 pm
Won't take one side or the other, but I don't understand the reasoning for this post, since it did have it's own thread that has obviously been left alone.
She wasn't happy that the first thread had run its course and just wanted to get some more Springdale bashing in while she can. Its ok hate if she wants, were still one of the classiest programs out there.

Boys_From_OK

My son finished his career at Springdale last year and both his younger sisters play volleyball and softball in the district. I will be the first to say that I was spoiled never having to raise money for the football team. When the girls moved up to HS level we had to do all kinds of things to raise money for the teams.  But it is my understanding that  the football program is self sufficient. i.e. no money comes from the district. It is all from ticket sales and the booster club. Which is the FOOTBALL booster club. All the other sports have thier own booster clubs as well and that is what helps pay for tournamnets, uniforms and travel, etc.. I have been on both ends and I can say as soon as baseball, basketball, soccer, volleyball, tennis, softball and so on can bring 5000+ to the games and thier booster clubs can bring in the money that the football club does then they will have more things like football does.

Point is don't bash the district for the booster clubs actions the district has no or little control over the booster club's actions. The football program recieves no money from the district from the Jr. Highs on up. Right or Wrong to ask for help with the rings I can't say. But I don't see bashing them for asking. If people want to help they will if they don't they won't. No one is forcing anybody to not " spend money at home."

halcyon

April 16, 2006, 07:48:05 pm #153 Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 07:50:32 pm by halcyon
All i've got to say is quite frankly, I think Quite Frankly is an idiot. Go to SHS and try talking trash.

hahahaha........"Im not redundant man, you are! Im so uber 1337! I could own your face!"

rofl.

pordlawnnyl

Quote from: Quite Frankly on April 16, 2006, 11:12:29 am
Sports fans,

P.S.  We are about to begin our compaign to raise funds for our trip to Ohio next year.  We feel the need to fly first class(what else?) and to stay at a 5-Star hotel with fine dining for all 188 members of the team.  Please save your tax refund so you can be ready to pay when you are called upon.

Believe me, the Booster Club does not have to raise money for the  football players to go to Ohio.  The organization who asked them to participate, is flying them up to Ohio and putting them up in the hotel.  And as for the parents, I believe they are all trying to find their own way to Ohio.

It is really ashame next years team is going to suffer because of what has happened this past season. :(

xletmeknow

Quote from: pordlawnnyl on April 16, 2006, 09:00:26 pm
Quote from: Quite Frankly on April 16, 2006, 11:12:29 am
Sports fans,

P.S.  We are about to begin our compaign to raise funds for our trip to Ohio next year.  We feel the need to fly first class(what else?) and to stay at a 5-Star hotel with fine dining for all 188 members of the team.  Please save your tax refund so you can be ready to pay when you are called upon.

Believe me, the Booster Club does not have to raise money for the  football players to go to Ohio.  The organization who asked them to participate, is flying them up to Ohio and putting them up in the hotel.  And as for the parents, I believe they are all trying to find their own way to Ohio.

It is really ashame next years team is going to suffer because of what has happened this past season. :(

Man, it seems to me pord but this subject to rest!

46counterblast

I didn't seem like a bad idea to ask for money in an ad, because of the mass number of people seeing it would increase your chances of a return in some money. But you shouldn't be asking for money when you probably bought 150 rings. when you had an 80 player team. You didn't have to get the janitor a ring i dont care how many trash cans he emptied or how hard he worked to support you on your quest to the championship.
I just love these posts i think this is so funny. Springdale begging for money! HA HA HA!

bulldogs1159

Bump :)

Just for someone who wanted to get on me about my post count.

Quite Frankly

Dang, dug that up huh?

I would say I was sorry if I actually was.  :)

Good dig.

Baitshop

I remember this one.........(sigh)..........good times.......... :P :P

bulldog1159........tell me you guys aren't still fundraising??..??..??

bulldogs1159

Quote from: baitshop on November 19, 2008, 09:35:13 pm

Crossing the fingers. My 2008 playoffs ring is also on back order.

olddog79

Earl is my Hero!!

November 19, 2008, 11:45:35 pm #162 Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 09:03:32 am by Earl is my Hero!!
Can someone from Springdale give me their contact at the ADG?

The Bentonville Booster Club wants to purchase customized charter-type buses for our athletic program, and with the economy like it is, many of our members with sizeable holdings are feeling the pain right now.

We thought perhaps since our facilities are The Pride of NWA, maybe a few folks in the surrounding communities that work for hourly wages may not be experiencing the financial pain we are, and would like to donate to our efforts.

No Donation is Too Large!!!

Please forward to:
Earl is My Hero
PO Box 69
Bentonville, AR 72712

Please make checks payable to cash

Billyo62

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 19, 2008, 11:45:35 pm

The Bentonville Booster Club wants to purchase customized chater-type buses for our athletic program, and with the economy like it is, many of our members with sizeable holdings are feeling the pain right now.

We thought perhaps since our facilities are The Pride of NWA, maybe a few folks in the surrounding communities that work for hourly wages may not be experiencing the financial pain we are, and would like to donate to our efforts.

Please forward to:
Earl is My Hero
PO Box 69
Bentonville, AR 72712

Send Money Today!!!

Nothing is to good for our " Over-Rated", "Under Achieving", " Never seen a Real Defence" Tiger Football Team.   ;D   ;D   ;D

Ballfan2

Joking aside, I think one thing Bentonville does that is great is they have one Athletic Booster board that serves all sports.  So, everyone does benefit from the football $$$.  All our teams have first rate facilities - not just football.   And, I believe to date, the rings for any athletic team that wins a state championship team are for the most part paid for by the Boosters. Kudos to the BHS Athletic Booster Board!!

olddog79

The Bentonville Booster Club wants to purchase customized charter-type buses for our athletic program, and with the economy like it is, many of our members with sizeable holdings are feeling the pain right now.

Please forward to:
Earl is My Hero
PO Box 69
Bentonville, AR 72712

You're out of luck. he doesn't work for the ADG anymore. :'(

BB9

Seems you public schools are having all kinds of problems. :D

Glad to know the witch was arguing with posters for the last 2 years. ;D

Billyo62

Quote from: Ballfan2 on November 20, 2008, 09:48:22 am
Joking aside, I think one thing Bentonville does that is great is they have one Athletic Booster board that serves all sports.  So, everyone does benefit from the football $$$.  All our teams have first rate facilities - not just football.   And, I believe to date, the rings for any athletic team that wins a state championship team are for the most part paid for by the Boosters. Kudos to the BHS Athletic Booster Board!!

I will second that!

BB9

The other schools should take notice of what Bentonville does.  I will agree they have the BEST facilities around.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Ballfan2 on November 20, 2008, 09:48:22 am

And may they we have to purchase many many more!

Denny Crane

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on November 19, 2008, 09:38:26 pm
Quote from: baitshop on November 19, 2008, 09:35:13 pm

Crossing the fingers. My 2008 playoffs ring is also on back order.

1159 PM me.

stattracker

Please forward to:
Earl is My Hero
PO Box 69
Bentonville, AR 72712

Ya'll think he's joking. That is his real address. I have mailed Bribes I meant payment for games called before.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas