• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-3A Predictions--Week 5

Started by CoolBreeze, October 04, 2018, 12:30:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolBreeze

Here are my predictions of this week's winners:

Harding Academy at Mountain View—The 3-2 Wildcats invade Mountain View following a 56-20 shellacking of Yellville-Summit last week. The host Yellowjackets have but a single win over a weak Cedar Ridge team which has now forfeited the rest of its season. Nuff said. 'Cats win big.

Cedar Ridge at Clinton—As I understand it, a forfeit is recorded as a score of 13-0, which is much closer than the Timberwolves would have gotten after the first quarter had the game actually been played.

Melbourne at Marshall—The Bobcats' first win of the season last week at Cedar Ridge will not be an indication of a new beginning. It could well be their last, as well. Instead, they will suffer the wrath of the Bearkatz as they take out their frustration after last week's close loss to league-leading Clinton. Have mercy!

Yellville-Summit at Rector—The Panthers have suffered for consecutive blowout losses after a week one win over Green Forest, a weak 4A team. However, Rector has fared little better. They won their first game over Corning which hasn't won since 2014 and then lost 3 in a row. In Rector's favor, two of their losses have not been complete blowouts, and they will be playing at home. Y-S's advantages are that their win is over a 4A team with one win rather than a 3-A team with a long losing record and that they are 3A to Rector's 2A. This one is pretty much of a tossup. But I'll go with the Panthers in a close one.

What do you think?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas