• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville vs Greenland

Started by knownothingboutfallball, September 30, 2018, 06:25:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

knownothingboutfallball

elmerfudd

September 30, 2018, 06:37:32 pm #1 Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 07:00:55 pm by elmerfudd
Before Greenland beat Charleston....
Booneville 35
Greenland 13

But with the win over Charleston, Booneville takes this game a bit more seriously.
Booneville 48
Greenland 7

MICHAELSPAPPY

If Greenland plays a faultless game and Booneville has Montezuma's Revenge, maybe. Otherwise, ugly.

knownothingboutfallball

Booneville has not been tested since Pottsville so they may be in trouble

elmerfudd

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on September 30, 2018, 07:55:42 pm

How so?

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on September 30, 2018, 07:55:42 pm

Or the fact that they haven't been tested shows why they won't be in trouble.

TRH

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on September 30, 2018, 08:22:28 pm
Or the fact that they haven't been tested shows why they won't be in trouble.

I think that Booneville wins the game, but by a lot less than most are probably expecting. Greenland is a dangerous team, with a decent defense against the run and an offense that can put points on the scoreboard in a hurry.

elmerfudd

Quote from: TRH on September 30, 2018, 08:31:56 pm
I think that Booneville wins the game, but by a lot less than most are probably expecting. Greenland is a dangerous team, with a decent defense against the run and an offense that can put points on the scoreboard in a hurry.

Which run? The middle, the perimeter, or the in between?

West fork actually did a great job of stuffing the middle last Friday night, but not so much on the rest.

TRH

Quote from: elmerfudd on September 30, 2018, 08:37:02 pm
Which run? The middle, the perimeter, or the in between?

West fork actually did a great job of stuffing the middle last Friday night, but not so much on the rest.

Greenland's defense is pretty decent up the middle, but they controlled the edges with their defense against Mansfield's rushing attack.
Their secondary was quick to support on running plays and that cost them on a couple of long passes by the Red Tigers.
Again, I have very little doubt that Booneville wins, but I think Greenland keeps it interesting.

CapnObvious

Booneville will win this one by 4 scores.

CatPride

Penalties will keep this game closer than it should be. Anyone who has played at Greenland can confirm this, just ask Charleston. Booneville still wins by 21.

FBGM501

I will say it greenland wins this game and shocks Booneville. Booneville is getting a little cocky so maybe at least having one loss will keep them humble for when they come up against a powerhouse like Clinton or Prescott.

beach bum

Quote from: FBGM501 on October 02, 2018, 12:21:22 pm
I will say it greenland wins this game and shocks Booneville. Booneville is getting a little cocky so maybe at least having one loss will keep them humble for when they come up against a powerhouse like Clinton or Prescott.

Ok, with this post now and only  7 posts total for you as we speak I know this must be a created account for trolling.

elmerfudd

Quote from: beach bum on October 02, 2018, 01:41:11 pm

Ok, with this post now and only  7 posts total for you as we speak I know this must be a created account for trolling.

My thoughts exactly.

knownothingboutfallball

elmerfudd

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on October 03, 2018, 05:43:25 am
Who have they played

A 5A team and two 4A teams. You said yourself that Pottsville was a test. We've handled every other 3A team like we were suppose to, so maybe find something else to troll about.

KOJACK

TRH

Quote from: KOJACK on October 03, 2018, 10:56:39 am
Booneville in a mercy rule.

I'll be shocked, shocked I tell you, if Booneville mercy rules the pirates!
I'll take Booneville, but only by 14 - 18 at the most.

TruthHurts

Booneville rolls over the Greenies
Clinton isn't "a power house"

knownothingboutfallball

Quote from: elmerfudd on October 03, 2018, 08:31:06 am
A 5A team and two 4A teams. You said yourself that Pottsville was a test. We've handled every other 3A team like we were suppose to, so maybe find something else to troll about.
No need to troll on Booneville shld have lost to Pottsville they didn't look to impressive that game

elmerfudd

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on October 03, 2018, 12:51:57 pm
No need to troll on Booneville shld have lost to Pottsville they didn't look to impressive that game

You got your username right, I'll give you that.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Bearcatdad

Quote from: TRH on October 03, 2018, 11:21:50 am
Get ready to be shocked!!

TRH

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 03, 2018, 04:56:52 pm
Get ready to be shocked!!

Hey, I've been shocked before (Arkansas vs. North Texas State springs to mind), but I think that Greenland is a better than average team and can score in a hurry. It'll be closer than most believe. I watched Booneville play Clarksville and I've seen Greenland play Mansfield. No disrespect to Booneville and again, I believe that the Bearcats win, but Greenland will score some points, especially in the 2nd half.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: TRH on October 03, 2018, 05:17:22 pm
Hey, I've been shocked before (Arkansas vs. North Texas State springs to mind), but I think that Greenland is a better than average team and can score in a hurry. It'll be closer than most believe. I watched Booneville play Clarksville and I've seen Greenland play Mansfield. No disrespect to Booneville and again, I believe that the Bearcats win, but Greenland will score some points, especially in the 2nd half.
They might when we sub out our Defense

elmerfudd

One thing I've been overlooking is the NWA officiating factor. Based on my experience, that's worth 7-14 points in favor of the NWA team. I've been told the Booneville team has already been warned to expect it.

knownothingboutfallball

Quote from: elmerfudd on October 03, 2018, 01:05:33 pm
You got your username right, I'll give you that.
If you only knew 😂

OLDSCHOOL82

Just hope our young bearcats can stay on the field with the powerhouse that is Greenland! 

alaskanstorm

every thing i've seen has boonetown being the home team but everyone is talking like it is taking place in greenland.  Where is this game being played?

OLDSCHOOL82

CatPride

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 04, 2018, 08:12:41 am
Just hope our young bearcats can stay on the field with the powerhouse that is Greenland!
I just hope we have enough kids to field a team Friday night.

CoolBreeze

Booneville wins in convincing fashion.

MICHAELSPAPPY

As always with Booneville, Greenland has to stop the fullback. If they can do that, then we might have a discussion about "maybe." But if they don't do that, the discussion won't get started.

CapnObvious

High Voltage

Booneville can name the score.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: TruthHurts on October 03, 2018, 11:34:36 am
Booneville rolls over the Greenies
Clinton isn't "a power house"
Keep telling everyone that. No need to worry about Clinton. They are a paper tiger--er--Yellowjacket. Don't take them seriously. They will probably lose in the first round.

beach bum

I guess the Booneville coach got his message across at half ;D

elmerfudd

Quote from: TRH on October 03, 2018, 11:21:50 am

Has anyone checked on TRH?!?

CoolBreeze

TRH

October 05, 2018, 10:10:06 pm #39 Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 10:33:29 pm by TRH
Quote from: elmerfudd on October 05, 2018, 09:20:43 pm
Has anyone checked on TRH?!?

Great game by Booneville!
Mansfield gets their shot next Friday.

elmerfudd

Quote from: TRH on October 05, 2018, 10:10:06 pm
Great game by Booneville!
Mansfield get their shot next Friday.

Glad to see you've recovered from your severe state of shock!!

TRH

Quote from: elmerfudd on October 05, 2018, 10:15:18 pm
Glad to see you've recovered from your severe state of shock!!

Did Booneville mercy rule Greenland? If so, then yes I'm shocked. The 28 point drubbing was far worse than I expected.

CatPride

Quote from: TRH on October 05, 2018, 10:39:02 pm
Did Booneville mercy rule Greenland? If so, then yes I'm shocked. The 28 point drubbing was far worse than I expected.
Yes. Booneville mercy ruled Greenland

elmerfudd

Greenland scored late on the backups to make the difference 28.

TRH

Quote from: elmerfudd on October 06, 2018, 07:15:14 am
Greenland scored late on the backups to make the difference 28.

I haven't been able to find any stats from last nights game. How many rushing TD's Vs. passing TD's did the Bearcats score?

elmerfudd

It's the first paragraph, even though the title is about Magazine and Hector. Our local paper covers both Booneville and Magazine.

http://www.boonevilledemocrat.com/sports/20181006/ray-scores-five-touchdowns-in-bearcat-win-at-greenland-friday

TRH

Quote from: elmerfudd on October 06, 2018, 09:11:53 am
It's the first paragraph, even though the title is about Magazine and Hector. Our local paper covers both Booneville and Magazine.

http://www.boonevilledemocrat.com/sports/20181006/ray-scores-five-touchdowns-in-bearcat-win-at-greenland-friday

Thanks for sharing, it was a dominating performance indeed!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas