• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston @ Mansfield

Started by FBGFDRUM, September 29, 2018, 09:02:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lineman

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on October 05, 2018, 10:31:28 am
What were the jr. high scores?
Something like 35-6. As usual we cheated

macadoshis

Quote from: TRH on October 05, 2018, 12:43:41 pm

Every year Hunter played there me and my crew just sat on the home side.  I want to be able to see the game and that was the best way to do it. 

SportsManiac

This should be a good game, I think I've seen enough of Mansfield that if they don't beat themselves with Turnovers and Penalties they will get it done, I'll take Mansfield 33-25.

FBGFDRUM

Lineman

beach bum

Mansfield's 2 point conversions are huge as Charleston is going to have to outscore them by two scores now instead of it being 14-7 and just one score out.

FBGFDRUM

Sounds like Mansfield is taking control. Is Charleston slacking or just not prepared?

FBGFDRUM

October 05, 2018, 09:50:15 pm #57 Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 09:53:17 pm by FBGFDRUM
Congrats to Mansfield.

Looks like Charleston is in serious danger of not even MAKING the playoffs. I would dare to go so far as say they are worse than the 2015 team.

SportsManiac

Mansfield gets it done to stay undefeated. As for Charleston, QB is really good, outside of that worst Chuck team in years. Had trouble scoring on the goaline and gave up big plays, just uncharacteristic of a Chuck team. But every program has to be down every once in a while right?

MICHAELSPAPPY

Any time Charlie loses makes for a very satisfying Friday.

FBGFDRUM

RIP Charleston's playoff appearance streak.

beach bum

October 05, 2018, 11:11:39 pm #61 Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 11:16:00 pm by beach bum
Quote from: FBGFDRUM on October 05, 2018, 10:11:52 pm
RIP Charleston's playoff appearance streak.

There is literally only one scenario where Charleston misses the playoffs in which it is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY and I mean extremely unlikely.... So it appears they are just fine as the 5 seed minimum

-Cedarville would have to beat WF, Greenland, and Mansfield 3 weeks in a row.... They would finish with a 4-3 conference record that way

-Greenland would have to beat Lamar, Paris, and WF  and lose to Cedarville which gets them to 4-3 as well

-Lamar beats Charleston assuring them of 4 or 5 conference wins minimum although they will get 5 or even 6

-Mansfield beats Paris and possibly Lamar and loses to Cedarville, they don't even have to beat Lamar to clinch a playoff berth

-Charleston loses to Lamar

That would put Booneville as the 1 seed and Charleston dropped to 3-4 with Lamar or Mansfield at 5-2 and the other at 4-3 plus Greenland and Cedarville at 4-3.... But look how unlikely that scenario above is!!! Like that would take some magic of all magic to happen. Literally all that has to happen! So it appears they are just fine with the streak.

HorseFeathers

The only reach is cedarville beating Mansfield in that scenario....just my opinion tho

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 05, 2018, 11:16:19 pm
The only reach is cedarville beating Mansfield in that scenario....just my opinion tho

Definitely.... I still think there will be more shake up in this conference the next three weeks and not go chalk the rest of the way out like some may think. The 1-3A can battle it out with 4-2A this year as such unpredictable leagues! It's been good to see the competitive balance swing in the River Valley.

HorseFeathers

Well unless your Alma mater was on the wrong end of that balance swing 😫

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 05, 2018, 11:38:26 pm
Well unless your Alma mater was on the wrong end of that balance swing 😫

That back for Magazine is a beast for 2A defenses to try and handle.....

HorseFeathers

He wasnt the backbreaker as a runner, it was more his defensive play.... The sophomore faughn scored twice (one was a 50+ yard one), and another sophomore scored on a 70 yard pass play...

TRH

Quote from: SportsManiac on October 05, 2018, 09:52:04 pm
Mansfield gets it done to stay undefeated. As for Charleston, QB is really good, outside of that worst Chuck team in years. Had trouble scoring on the goal line and gave up big plays, just uncharacteristic of a Chuck team. But every program has to be down every once in a while right?

Charleston's OL looked small, underclassmen, perhaps? Your Center/Nose guard in particular was small in stature. On the bright side I thought that Charleston's secondary had tight coverage all night and made it difficult for the Mansfield offense to produce points. Their linebackers filled the gaps pretty well, with a few exceptions and their Special Teams are well coached and those kids bust butt.
They're definitely going to make the playoffs and if they can correct a couple of things on the offensive side of the football I could see them only losing to Booneville moving forward to finish at 4-3 in conference.
Charleston has played a pretty tough schedule up to this point and the most points allowed by their defense is 28!
They may not be up to Charleston's usual standards, but they're still quite capable of beating anyone left on their schedule, if their offense can score points.

FBGFDRUM

Quote from: TRH on October 06, 2018, 03:31:36 pm
Charleston's OL looked small, underclassmen, perhaps? Your Center/Nose guard in particular was small in stature. On the bright side I thought that Charleston's secondary had tight coverage all night and made it difficult for the Mansfield offense to produce points. Their linebackers filled the gaps pretty well, with a few exceptions and their Special Teams are well coached and those kids bust butt.
They're definitely going to make the playoffs and if they can correct a couple of things on the offensive side of the football I could see them only losing to Booneville moving forward to finish at 4-3 in conference.
Charleston has played a pretty tough schedule up to this point and the most points allowed by their defense is 28!
They may not be up to Charleston's usual standards, but they're still quite capable of beating anyone left on their schedule, if their offense can score points.

O/D line is definitely our weak points.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas