• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glen Rose vs Danville.. who takes this one

Started by SR30, September 28, 2018, 11:57:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SR30

Glen Rose is coming off a huge win over Mayflower. Can they carry the momentum into next Friday when Danville rolls into Beaver Stadium? I don"t know that these 2 teams have ever faced each other. Who takes this one?? I'm taking Glen Rose by 21 points

ROULETTE

Sometimes the big emotional wins leave a team a bit lackadaisical the following week. But it sometimes sparks a big time roll.  Time will tell.  Either way GR wins this game.  The spread will depend on which team shows up.

KOJACK

DeeGee

Jimbo Morphis

DeeGee

Linebacker

This one will be a close game but I'm picking Danville by 7 points.

SR30

I believe someone said Mayflower would play us close... hmmm

ROULETTE

Quote from: Linebacker on September 29, 2018, 04:58:00 pm

NOTTT SO FASST!! what is your reasoning for this?

beach bum

Quote from: Linebacker on September 29, 2018, 04:58:00 pm

This one will not be close.... Danville by 30

Senator Snuffy

Glen Rose is on that mid season roll now.  The Beavers passed last weeks test by hanging 40 on a supposedly strong Mayflower defense. Truth is GR was just too much for the Eagles. Got to see Danville Mayflower video and was not that impressed although weather conditions were terrible the night that game was played. We shall see.

GR 47
Danville 13

Senator Snuffy

Quote from: beach bum on September 29, 2018, 05:23:03 pm
This one will not be close.... Danville by 30

Ummmm...... MF ran u guys off the field 2 weeks ago.  MF could only put 14 on GR.  May want to search out local restaurants for the highlight of your road trip to GR. Would be happy to advise good restaurants if needed.

beach bum

Quote from: Beaverbacker on September 29, 2018, 06:51:48 pm
Glen Rose is on that mid season roll now.  The Beavers passed last weeks test by hanging 40 on a supposedly strong Mayflower defense. Truth is GR was just too much for the Eagles. Got to see Danville Mayflower video and was not that impressed although weather conditions were terrible the night that game was played. We shall see.

GR 47
Danville 13

Wrong.... Danville 47 GR 13

ROULETTE

Quote from: beach bum on September 29, 2018, 07:03:47 pm
Wrong.... Danville 47 GR 13

You're just trolling right? Hopefully You really aren't that naive

beach bum

Quote from: ROULETTE on September 29, 2018, 08:12:30 pm
You're just trolling right? Hopefully You really aren't that naive

Haha yes... I was. I'd say 95% of the time I say something off the wall its just an attempt at someone to take the bait.  Honestly, Glen Rose has been very sound and surprised just slightly. If they can win the 5-3A like it looks they can that means one side of the bracket will have Clinton, Booneville, and Glen Rose. Right now we are staring at a Booneville vs Glen Rose quarterfinal on paper which in all honesty could end up being state title game quality two weeks early.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Danville might not have the horses overall, but they have a couple of running backs that will give most anyone problems.

athletic supporter

Quote from: beach bum on September 29, 2018, 08:50:08 pm

Haha yes... I was. I'd say 95% of the time I say something off the wall its just an attempt at someone to take the bait.  Honestly, Glen Rose has been very sound and surprised just slightly. If they can win the 5-3A like it looks they can that means one side of the bracket will have Clinton, Booneville, and Glen Rose. Right now we are staring at a Booneville vs Glen Rose quarterfinal on paper which in all honesty could end up being state title game quality two weeks early.

I will bet you ANY amount of money that Glen Rose won't win the 5-3A this year. I'm going to say they won't even finish second in the 5-3A. Now that is a BOLD prediction. Make it easy on yourself.

beach bum

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 29, 2018, 09:01:37 pm
I will bet you ANY amount of money that Glen Rose won't win the 5-3A this year. I'm going to say they won't even finish second in the 5-3A. Now that is a BOLD prediction. Make it easy on yourself.

You feeling that confident with Atkins this year?

ROULETTE

Quote from: beach bum on September 29, 2018, 08:50:08 pm

I'd have to agree. GR has only 28 players dressed so depth is a major issue. As long as they can stay healthy, they will be able to compete with anyone in the state

athletic supporter

ROULETTE

And on a different note. Danville has a good running back, but a weak defense. GR wins by 28. GR's biggest weakness is the offensive line. If they can somehow find a groove, watch out.

beach bum

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 29, 2018, 09:06:42 pm
Wanna bet?

No haha.... I was doing so bad at the pick ems in 4A it wasn't even funny. I get too cute with it and pick with my heart too much. I am already breaking the #1 rule there!

athletic supporter

Quote from: ROULETTE on September 29, 2018, 09:08:50 pm
I do!! Pick me!!

Name your price and we'll settle up when I come to Glen Rose. Don't be a welcher. If we bet and I win you better pay up

ROULETTE

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 29, 2018, 09:10:52 pm
Name your price and we'll settle up when I come to Glen Rose. Don't be a welcher. If we bet and I win you better pay up
What's the bet? GR loses to Danville and Atkins and finishes 3rd seed?

athletic supporter

Quote from: ROULETTE on September 29, 2018, 09:12:07 pm
What's the bet? GR loses to Danville and Atkins and finishes 3rd seed?

The bet is GR won't win the 5-3A this year

ROULETTE

athletic supporter

Quote from: ROULETTE on September 29, 2018, 09:18:14 pm
So GR doesn't win it, and Atkins does?

The bet is GR doesn't win the 5-3A. I never said who will win it. Wanna bet?

SR30

ROULETTE

athletic supporter

Quote from: ROULETTE on September 29, 2018, 09:22:07 pm
Let's roll

Name your price but be very careful. I'm a very good prognosticator. That means I'm good at picking winners in case you don't know.

KOJACK

Can I get some of that bet??? I want as much as anyone will go that they don't win the 5-3a this year.

ROULETTE

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 29, 2018, 09:23:45 pm
Name your price but be very careful. I'm a very good prognosticator. That means I'm good at picking winners in case you don't know.

😂😂. You've been saying 5-3A the whole time, GR isn't in the 5 anymore. Lol you're clever

ROULETTE

athletic supporter

I didn't start the 5-3A talk. That was beach bum. The funny thing is GR supporters get so defensive that someone might pick against them that they jump at any chance to argue. Thanks guys!!! I was about to win a bet because he was upset that I didn't "believe " in the Beavers.

No we can't bet on them winning the 4-3A. They are my pick as well.

ROULETTE

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 29, 2018, 09:43:58 pm
I didn't start the 5-3A talk. That was beach bum. The funny thing is GR supporters get so defensive that someone might pick against them that they jump at any chance to argue. Thanks guys!!! I was about to win a bet because he was upset that I didn't "believe " in the Beavers.

No we can't bet on them winning the 4-3A. They are my pick as well.

I wasn't upset, just thought I'd be betting with the house.  I laughed myself. This is GR first year out of the 5, still trying to make the transition haha.

athletic supporter

Quote from: ROULETTE on September 29, 2018, 09:53:36 pm
I wasn't upset, just thought I'd be betting with the house.  I laughed myself. This is GR first year out of the 5, still trying to make the transition haha.

But you were going to make a bet with me before they started talking about it, right?

CoolBreeze

Linebacker

Danville will run the ball well in this one. Danville by 7 point.

FoxandHound34

blackcat23

Quote from: KOJACK on September 29, 2018, 11:11:21 am
GR by 10...wait it's in Gr, GR by 31
funny a guy from Prescott says this... 😂

SR30

The twins were suppose to run the ball well also.. you see how that worked out

athletic supporter

Serious question: how good is Glen Rose's pass defense?

SR30

Mayflower had 0 passing yards so I would say it's pretty good

Linebacker

CoolBreeze

DanvilleFan

I'm just disappointed this post wasn't named Johns vs Beavers   ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas