• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-3A Predictions--Week 5

Started by CoolBreeze, September 26, 2018, 12:19:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolBreeze

This week I'll list my predictions in descending order of probability.

Harding Academy
at Yellville-Summit—HA comes in with victories over two 4A schools, Highland and Heber Springs, a narrow loss to Bald Knob, and last week's three-score loss to undefeated Clinton. On the other hand, after a win at 4A Green Forest in the season opener, Y-S has suffered blowout losses to Salem, Berryville, and Melbourne. The Wildcats come roaring back from last week's disappointing loss for a convincing win.

Clinton at Melbourne—The undefeated Yellowjackets invade Melbourne on the heels of three successive wins by at least three touchdowns over solid opponents following a two-point win over 4A Heber Springs to open the season. The home team is sporting a 3-1 record. After a season-opening three-touchdown loss to a weaker than usual Charleston team, the Bearkatz have won three straight in convincing fashion. However, this is less impressive than it appears, because Midland, Cave City, and Yellville-Summit have but one win combined. Jackets wing their way to victory.

Marshall at Cedar Ridge—This one is a toughie. Winless Marshall limps into Newark following 4 blowout losses, three of them to 2A squads. However, Cedar Ridge has but one win over winless perennial 2A cellar-dweller Midland and has suffered blowout losses of their own to Jessieville, Harrisburg, and Mountain View. This battle to avoid last place is close to a tossup. However, the quality of the teams that pounded CR is a bit better than those Marshall has faced. Also, CR has home field advantage. So, I give them a slight edge.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas