• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover @ Centerpoint

Started by imtie, September 16, 2018, 03:19:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgeye

It's 47-0 and the administration has been battling to make him eligible with AAA the last three weeks. It's pretty dang selfish

sax2play8

What did Turner get frustrated for

WHITEchicken

He got horse collared with no call. Can't defend it, but I see frustration. Football141414 might not ever be back on here after this one.

Smackover Fan

Quote from: sax2play8 on September 21, 2018, 09:15:01 pm
What did Turner get frustrated for

He was on the receiving end of a pretty obvious and rough horsecollar right in front of a ref. No call.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Smackover Fan on September 22, 2018, 11:45:55 am
He was on the receiving end of a pretty obvious and rough horsecollar right in front of a ref. No call.
So how did he react?

Smackover Fan

Quote from: Oldman on September 22, 2018, 11:49:30 am
So how did he react?

The same way a lot of kids would react. heck, the same way a lot of adults do. I guess Smackover KIDS aren't allowed to make mistakes.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Smackover Fan on September 22, 2018, 05:22:19 pm
The same way a lot of kids would react. heck, the same way a lot of adults do. I guess Smackover KIDS aren't allowed to make mistakes.
Answer the question please.

Proud Buckaroo

Questioned the ref as to why he didn't call the foul. Got a unsportsmanlike flag thrown on him. He got upset that they did that and they ejected him

Leo Marvin

Quote from: Hawgeye on September 21, 2018, 08:30:37 pm
It's 47-0 and the administration has been battling to make him eligible with AAA the last three weeks. It's pretty dang selfish

Timing is pretty bad, for sure

Hawgeye

Quote from: Smackover Fan on September 22, 2018, 11:45:55 am

I would have to disagree. It wasn't obvious nor was it a rough tackle. It was a borderline call if anything.

Hawgeye

Quote from: Oldman on September 22, 2018, 11:49:30 am
So how did he react?

He popped up and immediately and started arguing with the side judge. The white hat said something to him and he continued to argue. The white hat threw his flag for unsportsmanlike and the player in question took his helmet off and threw it with two hands down on the ground. Said player was then ejected.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Hawgeye on September 23, 2018, 08:47:20 am
He popped up and immediately and started arguing with the side judge. The white hat said something to him and he continued to argue. The white hat threw his flag for unsportsmanlike and the player in question took his helmet off and threw it with two hands down on the ground. Said player was then ejected.

That ain't good.

WHITEchicken

No. Said player was already ejected before he threw his helmet. Let's get facts straight when trying to explain something.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 23, 2018, 03:29:08 pm
No. Said player was already ejected before he threw his helmet. Let's get facts straight when trying to explain something.
Cant really see what difference that makes.

Maynard G Krebs

Is that behavior uncharacteristic of the player or is it a normal thing?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 23, 2018, 05:03:11 pm
They don't know. They just bought him from ElDorado.

KOJACK

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 23, 2018, 03:29:08 pm
So that makes it better in some way? Or are you just wanting to get the "facts" out there?

Hawgeye

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 23, 2018, 05:03:11 pm
No idea. Watched the game online. Do not live in Smackover.

WHITEchicken

Since we borrowed him from Eldo I am not sure if that is characteristic or not. I'm not saying it is better for him to throw the helmet before or after the ejection. Just telling what happened. There is no reason to throw a helmet. Hopefully it was just a lapse in good judgement. I will try to contact his coaches in Eldo and Texas and get back to y'all...haha

Proud Buckaroo

I wonder who was it that placed the racial comment on Live Stream comments directly after Turner got ejected?

WHITEchicken

I didn't see it I was at the game

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 23, 2018, 09:50:25 pm
I wonder who was it that placed the racial comment on Live Stream comments directly after Turner got ejected?

Seems rather feverish

Proud Buckaroo

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 24, 2018, 07:24:51 am
You talking about Buck Fever?? 🤔
Buck Fever passed away a couple of months ago. 

Horse Shoe

Actually, between the flag and the ejection, Turner threw the flag back at the ref.  The helmet toss followed the ejection.

Maynard G Krebs

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Horse Shoe on September 25, 2018, 03:56:30 pm
Actually, between the flag and the ejection, Turner threw the flag back at the ref.  The helmet toss followed the ejection.

Embarrassing

Jimbo Morphis

September 25, 2018, 07:05:50 pm #77 Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:04:01 pm by Oldman
Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 25, 2018, 04:58:25 pm

Embarrassing
Could be why he has been in Texas, ElDorado, and now Smorphlet. We'll never know with those sealed records.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Horse Shoe on September 25, 2018, 03:53:26 pm
Buck Fever passed away a couple of months ago.

Yes I know. I was asking when he said Feverish if he was meaning him.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Oldman on September 25, 2018, 07:05:50 pm
Could be why he has been in Texas, ElDorado, and now Smorphlet. We'll never know with those sealed records.

Funny +1

KOJACK

Sounds like Ashdown right about now.

bleudog

September 26, 2018, 12:01:26 pm #81 Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:58:30 pm by bleudog
So was he flagged twice on one play?  I always thought unless a player threw a punch or left the bench, it took two unsportsmanlike conduct calls to get ejected.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bleudog on September 26, 2018, 12:01:26 pm
So was he flagged twice on one play?  I always thought unless a player threw a punch or left the bench, it took two unspoertmanlike conduct calls to get ejected.
Pretty sure getting Flagged for mouthing then throwing flag at official will get you the 2nd one every time. #spoiledrecruit

bleudog

September 26, 2018, 12:40:29 pm #83 Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:59:11 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Oldman on September 26, 2018, 12:07:43 pm
Pretty sure getting Flagged for mouthing then throwing flag at official will get you the 2nd one every time. #spoiledrecruit

Yep. Sounded like he could have pull a trifecta on one play.

WHITEchicken

I couldn't see him pick up the flag and throw it at the ref. Can I get a confirmation on that happening? That would have definitely deserved the second flag.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 26, 2018, 01:30:07 pm
I couldn't see him pick up the flag and throw it at the ref. Can I get a confirmation on that happening? That would have definitely deserved the second flag.

I watched the stream. It was difficult to see it, but I saw the flag being thrown when he was questioning the ref. Then he questioned him again about that said flag.. Then I saw the ref signal he was tossed. That's when he threw the gloves and helmet down.

WHITEchicken

Linebacker

Is Smackover any good this year?

WHITEchicken

Linebacker

DeeGee

Quote from: Horse Shoe on September 25, 2018, 03:56:30 pm

Sounds like the State  game between GR and Charleston a few years ago when Kehners son got into a fight with a Charleston player then punched the ref.  There's  been all kinds of crazy games with GR that resulted in fights, on and off the field. Flashbacks lol.

Jimbo Morphis

September 26, 2018, 09:12:11 pm #91 Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 09:33:27 pm by Oldman
Quote from: Linebacker on September 26, 2018, 06:32:53 pm
What is a buckaroo?
I thinks it's a transgender cowboy but not sure.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Oldman on September 26, 2018, 09:12:11 pm
I thinks it's a transgender cowboy but not sure.

Great description,  but a disturbing image

bleudog

bleudog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas