• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas girls going to the next level

Started by 3n2, February 22, 2016, 02:21:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3n2

Let's re-freshen our list.  Verbal or Signed

2016 Robinson           University Arkansas
2016 Sitkowski          Arkansas State
2016 McKinley           Southern Illinois Edwardsville
2016 Anderson          Arkansas Tech
2016 Powers             Southern Arkansas
2017 Brown              Arkansas State
2018 Powell              University of Washington

I know there are quit a few others, please add to the list.  With JO in full swing I'm sure others are popping up on radar.

3n2

Vballfan

2016 Phillips              Arkansas State
2016 Harp                 Arkansas Tech
2016 Dunagin           Central Arkansas
2017 Doss                Central Arkansas

those are some additions I have heard/seen.  I am sure there are several more for 2016 to add and 2017 likely start committing this spring/summer.  I would guess there might be another 5-6 that commit in 2017 from the Central Arkansas area mostly from Conway Juniors and a few from possibly Fatchmo or Little Rock Juniors.  Not sure about the Jonesboro area other than Sellers who is playing with Conway and is now setting - will be interested to see where that takes her.  Tall setters are rare in Arkansas.  Marion has a great 2017 high school team so maybe they will have some players as well  - not sure where they all play club.  Good luck to all the girls!

AllStarSportsFan

Erin Black 2016 from Greenwood signed with UAFS.

3n2

February 25, 2016, 10:48:33 am #4 Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 08:10:18 pm by 3n2
Update**5/25/16
2016 Phillips              Arkansas State
2016 Dunagin           Central Arkansas
2017 Doss                Central Arkansas
2016 Black                UAFS
2016 Embry               Lyon
2016 Dabdub            Lyon
2016  Thompson       Oklahoma Baptist University
2016  Spresser         NYACK Christian College
2016  Henson           Lyon College
2016  Johnson          Central Baptist College

AllStarSportsFan

2016 Jordan Dabdub from North Smith Northside signed with Lyon.

3n2

Looks like Arkansas is doing it's part in 2016.  Based on % of players/%going to school to play.

moe99expedition

2016 Thompson Oklahoma Baptist University
2016 Spresser NYACK Christian College
2016 Henson Lyon College
2016 Johnson Central Baptist College

AllStarSportsFan

Club is beginning to kick in in Arkansas.  For the most part the Arkansas high school coaches aren't good at coaching school volleyball.  There are exceptions though.  School ball is where most girls get dumbed back down.  Sad but true in most instances.  Club is where many of the girls get better coaching and better competition.   

moe99expedition

Sadly I agree. I remember the good ole days when college scouts came to the high school games to scout out athletes. These days it's all about club sports.

Vballfan

Quote from: AllStarSportsFan on March 03, 2016, 07:37:03 pm
Club is beginning to kick in in Arkansas.  For the most part the Arkansas high school coaches aren't good at coaching school volleyball.  There are exceptions though.  School ball is where most girls get dumbed back down.  Sad but true in most instances.  Club is where many of the girls get better coaching and better competition.

I agree here - but I also think many, many administrations aren't really trying to hire knowledgeable volleyball folks for HS or JH coaching.  Maybe it is a lack of qualified candidates or lack of interest in coaching high school, but the vast majority of college assistant and even some head coaches that we have met make no more money than high school so it seems there is a pool of coaches out there in the college ranks that might be candidates to come to the larger high schools.  Maybe when some of these kids going to college now on volleyball scholarships come home, that will help too.  That's what has helped the Jonesboro area from what I can tell.  Just not much of that in Central Arkansas...

moe99expedition

Quote from: moe99expedition on March 03, 2016, 04:08:14 pm
2016 Thompson Oklahoma Baptist University
2016 Spresser NYACK Christian College
2016 Henson Lyon College
2016 Johnson Central Baptist College
2017 Waitsman University of Wyoming Updated 5/2/2016

3n2

May 25, 2016, 08:13:35 pm #12 Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 04:40:23 pm by 3n2
I know a lot of these young ladies play JO, do all of them?

2016 Robinson           University Arkansas                 Ozark Jrs
2016 Sitkowski          Hendrix                        Conway Jrs
2016 Phillips              Arkansas State                        Memphis Metro
2016 McKinley           Southern Illinois Edwardsville              Conway
2016 Anderson          Arkansas Tech                          Conway                       
2016 Powers             Southern Arkansas                    Conway
2017 Brown              Arkansas State                          Conway
2018 Powell              University of Washington            Ozark
2016 Dunagin           Central Arkansas                        FS Jrs             
2017 Doss                Central Arkansas                        Ozark
2016  Thompson       Oklahoma Baptist University
2016  Spresser         NYACK Christian College

2017  Waitsman       Wyoming      
                            Ozark
2017   Sellers           Alabama-Huntsville                                        Conway
2017   Betts             Arkansas State                                              Mem. Metro
2018   Pierce            Samford                                            AJ's
2017   Parker           Murray State                                                  MJVA 

Marionvolleyballdad

2016 Sitkowski is no longer going to Arkansas State.  Not sure if she is gonna play at the next level or not.

Vballfan

June 20, 2016, 02:26:47 pm #14 Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:30:50 pm by Vballfan
Quote from: Marionvolleyballdad on May 31, 2016, 09:27:45 pm
2016 Sitkowski is no longer going to Arkansas State.  Not sure if she is gonna play at the next level or not.

I believe she is going to Hendrix on an academic scholarship and participating in Track and maybe volleyball, huge get for the volleyball program if she does play.  D1 Athlete playing for a D3 National Title Contender.  Good luck to Ashton in whatever she does.

Big Time Fan

Camryn Pierce, a 6' Class of 2018 MH/RS from Valley View HS and Arkansas Juniors, has committed to Samford University.

Vballfan

Quote from: Big Time Fan on July 29, 2016, 01:56:16 pm

Camryn Pierce, a 6' Class of 2018 MH/RS from Valley View HS and Arkansas Juniors, has committed to Samford University.

great school, congrats! - kids also really like Coach Walton who was at Hendrix this past season.

moe99expedition

Quote from: Big Time Fan on July 29, 2016, 01:56:16 pm

Congrats! Good to see young ladies from Arkansas doing big things.

moe99expedition

Quote from: 3n2 on May 25, 2016, 08:13:35 pm
I know a lot of these young ladies play JO, do all of them?

2016 Robinson           University Arkansas                 Ozark Jrs
2016 Sitkowski          Hendrix                        Conway Jrs
2016 Phillips              Arkansas State                        Memphis Metro
2016 McKinley           Southern Illinois Edwardsville              Conway
2016 Anderson          Arkansas Tech                          Conway                       
2016 Powers             Southern Arkansas                    Conway
2017 Brown              Arkansas State                          Conway
2018 Powell              University of Washington            Ozark
2016 Dunagin           Central Arkansas                        FS Jrs             
2017 Doss                Central Arkansas                        Ozark
2016  Thompson       Oklahoma Baptist University       Ozarks
2016  Spresser         NYACK Christian College             Ozarks

2017  Waitsman       Wyoming      
                            Ozark
2017   Sellers           Alabama-Huntsville                                        Conway
2017   Betts             Arkansas State                                              Mem. Metro
2018   Pierce            Samford                                            AJ's
2017   Parker           Murray State                                                  MJVA 

arkcrash

Could you also post what High Schools these girls play at?  Just curious.
Thanks

Vballfan

Quote from: arkcrash on August 02, 2016, 06:55:58 am
Could you also post what High Schools these girls play at?  Just curious.
Thanks

Year   Last Name           Committed To:      Club                School
2017   Betts              Arkansas State      Memphis Metro           Marion
2017   Brown      Arkansas State      Conway          Cabot
2017   Doss              Central Arkansas   Ozark         Har-Ber
2017   Parker      Murray State      Memphis Juniors            Marion
2017   Sellers      Alabama-Huntsville   Conway/Arkansas Jrs.     Nettleton
2017   Waitsman           Wyoming               Ozark         Fayetteville

2018   Powell      Washington      Ozark         Fayetteville
2018   Pierce      Samford              Arkansas Jrs.      Valley View

1-Adam-12

Haley Warner (Fayetteville) has committed to Florida.  Per Twitter.

moe99expedition

I am sure she is happy to get that over with.

3n2

Year   Last Name           Committed To:      Club                     School
2017   Betts                Arkansas State        Memphis Metro     Marion
2017   Brown              Arkansas State        Conway                Cabot
2017   Doss                Central Arkansas      Ozark                  Har-Ber
2017   Parker              Murray State           Memphis Juniors   Marion
2017   Sellers              Alabama-Huntsville  Conway/AJ's        Nettleton
2017   Waitsman         Wyoming                 Ozark                  Fayetteville
2018   Warner             Florida                     Ozark                 Fayetteville
2018   Powell              Washington              Ozark                 Fayetteville
2018   Pierce               Samford                  Arkansas Jrs.       Valley View

Im sure more to come.

Valleysports

What I'd like to see is the Results........  The signing (like this one) post we made 4,3,2,1 years ago - where are they now?  Are they still at the celebrated school, are they playing, did they regret their decision to go to said school? 

Vballfan

September 05, 2016, 09:20:48 am #25 Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 09:28:43 am by Vballfan
Quote from: Valleysports on September 02, 2016, 05:12:21 pm
What I'd like to see is the Results........  The signing (like this one) post we made 4,3,2,1 years ago - where are they now?  Are they still at the celebrated school, are they playing, did they regret their decision to go to said school?

Saw a few former prep players in the state this weekend at Little Rock's tourney
Evie Grace Singleton, played two years at UCA before following the coaches to Miss State. She was very impressive against Little Rock and also looked good against Oklahoma. She will be a big factor in the SEC this year. I understand she was was leaning toward ATU and ended up at UCA before transferring to Miss State.   Amazing career for her and a fine example for other kids in this area that hard work does in fact pay off.

Also saw Taylor Lindberg, she is the starting setter for Little Rock in her second season.  She looked good.

Arkansas State has Drew Jones starring in her third year at ASU.  ASU was ranked in the top 25 last year and off to a solid start this year. They also have Markie Shaedig who has been an All American and is a senior this year.

Ashton Sitkowski appears to be starting for Hendrix this year as a true freshman. They are ranked In the top 10 after going to the DIII final four last year.

ATU has some in state talent as well including Hunter Eshanaur who appears she is one of the top players in her conference and I think a kid from Conway.

Good luck to all former Arkansas high school students, not only are they getting signed, many are making big impacts on their programs.   

Valleysports

Now that's good stuff!!!!!!!!!  That Senior, from Conway, is McCall Wilkins.  Haley Owens is a Sr, from Paris. 

GoldenArks

Julianna Cramer, a 5' 8" Class of 2018 Setter from Harrison High School and Performance Volleyball (Ozark), has committed to Arkansas State.

Vballfan

Quote from: GoldenArks on September 28, 2016, 09:04:33 am
Julianna Cramer, a 5' 8" Class of 2018 Setter from Harrison High School and Performance Volleyball (Ozark), has committed to Arkansas State.

Congrats!

moe99expedition

I would bet we will see many more young ladies commit this next year out of Conway, Arkansas Jr's, Ft. Smith and Ozarks Jr's.

2NDINCHARGE

2017-Greenbrier DS C. Lee committed to Central Baptist College

moe99expedition

Quote from: 3n2 on September 02, 2016, 09:28:13 am
Year   Last Name           Committed To:      Club                     School
2017   Waitsman         Wyoming                 Ozark                  Fayetteville
2018   Warner             Florida                     Ozark                 Fayetteville
2018   Powell              Washington              Ozark                 Fayetteville
2018   Pierce               Samford                  Arkansas Jrs.       Valley View

Im sure more to come.

Year   Last Name           Committed To:      Club                     School[/color]
2018  Gibbany             Missouri State          Ozark                 Harrison

GoldenArks

Year   Last Name           Committed To:      Club                     School[/color]
2018   Cramer            Arkansas State          Performance Volleyball (Ozark)  Harrison
2018  Gibbany             Missouri State          Ozark                 Harrison

moe99expedition

With one more year left for the class of 2018 we should see a lot more commitments from Arkansas. Sweet!!

3n2

I feel that there will be 5 or 6 more 2017's that will get a chance.  D3 and NAIA are just now starting to recruit heavy.

moe99expedition

I agree. I have seen some really good talent in all of the classes. 2017 will heat up after season concludes.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas