• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Day 3

Started by HorseFeathers, March 02, 2018, 05:42:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

And the greatest time of year continues...

Mr. Trill

This is the most competitive group of teams I have seen in 10 years, seriously.

BW2015

Quote from: Mr. Trill on March 02, 2018, 08:04:57 am

So at this point in the tournament which teams do you see playing in Hot Springs (boys and girls)?

ak58

Thoughts/predictions on Quitman vs. Carlisle?!

birddawg1986

Quote from: Mr. Trill on March 02, 2018, 08:04:57 am
I agree with that. Especially in the boys division. In girls I still think Earle-Quitman are above everyone else. But again it is "March Madness"

Mr. Trill

March 02, 2018, 08:17:18 am #5 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:19:03 am by Mr. Trill
Before I say my prediction, my reasoning is that there are many solid teams this post season opposed to the past seasons. Earle hasn't had this many close games in a while. You also got all these other teams who stepped up.

My Prediction: Earle vs. Marked Tree once more. Earle vs. Quitman with Quitman winning it all.

MT Legend

Quote from: Mr. Trill on March 02, 2018, 08:17:18 am
Before I say my prediction, my reasoning is that there are many solid teams this post season opposed to the past seasons. Earle hasn't had this many close games in a while. You also got all these other teams who stepped up.

My Prediction: Earle vs. Marked Tree once more. Earle vs. Quitman with Quitman winning it all.
everyone seems to be putting us in the title game.there is a lot of basketball yet to be played.we could lose tonight that bearden team can play.

MikelB

I'm going with Earle vs Clarendon and Earle vs Quitman

Pick_DA_EAGLES

If 10 and 22 play like they did Wednesday night, Carlisle beats Quitman today.

Baller2121

What do y'all think about the 5:30 boys game tonight? Wcc and Clarendon. I'm expecting a great game both teams are good. When it comes down to the top 8 teams in the state though everybody is good. It really all comes down to who shows up that night

AR Ball Junkie

I believe MT and Earle are the two best teams remaining. However that doesn't mean they can't be beat. Wcc will be hard to beat on their home floor.....Clarendon will need to play well to have a chance. I like MT in the nightcap.

Baller2121

Wcc defiantly has a tough road ahead.. Clarendon tonight and marked tree tomorrow night if they win tonight. I agree with you they should be tough to beat on the home floor and home crowd there supporting. I'm betting that gym is going to be full here in a few hours. I can see PC giving Earle some trouble if they slow the game down and don't try to run with the dogs.

FromTheBench

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 02, 2018, 09:43:40 am
If 10 and 22 play like they did Wednesday night, Carlisle beats Quitman today.

The difference tonight will be that Carlisle will actually have defense in their face...and for the whole game.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: FromTheBench on March 02, 2018, 10:41:56 am
The difference tonight will be that Carlisle will actually have defense in their face...and for the whole game.

I figure they have seen one or two of Those.

HoopKing

Nobody gives Carlisle a chance huh

BW2015

Quote from: HoopKing on March 02, 2018, 11:36:52 am

I think it will be a great game.  Wish I could make the trip over to watch it!

Flobbito

Quote from: ak58 on March 02, 2018, 08:11:02 am
Thoughts/predictions on Quitman vs. Carlisle?!

Looking at their common opponents, it stands out that Carlisle could only manage 23 points against MVE. I think Quitman is better defensively than MVE (they win all three games against them)  Carlisle seems to have improved as the year goes on, but Quitman probably has the edge.

HoopKing

Carlisle was also missing players in that game

HoopKing

Carlisle also only gave up 34 to mve.   I saw where quitman gave up more than that

Flobbito

Quote from: HoopKing on March 02, 2018, 12:24:02 pm
Carlisle also only gave up 34 to mve.   I saw where quitman gave up more than that
Good point, but Quitman won all three match-ups with them.

HoopKing

I think carlisle has a chance if they play well

Flobbito

Quote from: HoopKing on March 02, 2018, 12:35:32 pm
I think carlisle has a chance if they play well

Sure they do, I think Carlisle, Quitman, and Earl are the best 3 teams in 2A, I think the low scoring affair between Carlisle and MVE had a lot to do with playing 5 games that week (tournament and regular schedules).  I'm certain the sidelines and crowd will be loud for this one, both coaches like to shout and crowds usually follow suit.

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: Flobbito on March 02, 2018, 12:45:11 pm
Sure they do, I think Carlisle, Quitman, and Earl are the best 3 teams in 2A, I think the low scoring affair between Carlisle and MVE had a lot to do with playing 5 games that week (tournament and regular schedules).  I'm certain the sidelines and crowd will be loud for this one, both coaches like to shout and crowds usually follow suit.
You can throw out what has happened up to this point! Comes down to Survive and Advance!  Trust me Quitman is not overlooking anybody! I expect a great game with a great crowd!

bear for life

I love the fact nobody giving Bearden and chance tonight the few games I seen there's no dominant teams anybody can get beat but I promise you win or lose marked tree will be pushed to the limit tonight

Bildo

Carlisle vs Quitman will be the best girl's game in the tournament until the finals.

Flobbito

Quote from: Bildo on March 02, 2018, 01:38:21 pm
Carlisle vs Quitman will be the best girl's game in the tournament until the finals.
Agreed

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HoopKing on March 02, 2018, 11:36:52 am

As hard as it is to do, (because it's Carlisle, haha), I do. They are playing well, and #10 Kylie Warren is playing some great basketball.

Bildo

BrianfromCarlisle

What is the link to watch game pick??

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bildo on March 02, 2018, 02:49:11 pm
Thanks Pick

No problem man. I may talk some smack on here, but I do know good basketball. And y'all are playing it right now. Good luck tonight. I'm about to head that way. You say right in front of me the other night, until I moved down to the media row. Come say Hi.

Ripjaw

I have not seen any northern teams play this year. When the Cadoo Hills Lady Indians are firing on all cylinders they are hard to beat down here in the south.

BrianfromCarlisle

Anybody know the link for the live feed?

STATGUYQHS

Flobbito

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on March 02, 2018, 02:49:28 pm
What is the link to watch game pick??

92.7 KASR will be broadcasting it as well, they have a listen live button on their website.

STATGUYQHS

Girls
Halftime Quitman 28 to Carlisle 27.

BrianfromCarlisle

Carlisle will be just fine if they can start finishing at the goal instead of missing all the point blank shots.  Oh and lazy passes gotta stop.  Not gonna cut it against a great team

BrianfromCarlisle

March 02, 2018, 04:40:03 pm #36 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 04:58:20 pm by BrianfromCarlisle
Boy oh boy!   All the missed layups. Carlisle should easily be ahead.  Better fix it quick

STATGUYQHS

March 02, 2018, 05:12:05 pm #37 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 05:18:40 pm by STATGUYQHS
1:48 left Quitman 54 Carlisle 49

BrianfromCarlisle

Good job Quitman.  Turnovers and missed layups cost the Lady Bison. Great season though.  Go Bison

STATGUYQHS

Final
Quitman 65
Carlisle 56
Great Game!

Rackjack74

Quote from: FromTheBench on March 02, 2018, 10:41:56 am

Amen...

MomaLion

WCC 2
Clarendon 12
After 1st

MomaLion

Halftime
WCC 6
Clarendon 27

Dogg

Momma what y'all doing down there to WCC

MomaLion

39-15 Clarendon starting 4th

Mr. Trill

Those Clarendon guys ain't playing around. I like them.

Dogg

AR Ball Junkie

48-21 Clarendon. It's been over for a while.

MomaLion

WCC 28
Clarendon 56
Final

MomaLion

Quote from: Dogg on March 02, 2018, 06:35:43 pm
Momma what y'all doing down there to WCC
Lol,  just playing our game

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas