• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fearless Friday Top 10 3A Week 8 Thoughts?

Started by MynameisJeff, October 24, 2016, 09:52:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MynameisJeff

3A

1.  Prescott
T2.  Charleston
T2.  Glen Rose
4.  Bald Knob
5.  Junction City
6.  Fordyce
7.  Centerpoint
T8.  Mountain View
T8.  Harding Academy
T10.  Smackover
T10.  Elkins

Cupkake24

The Dynasty

1. Charleston
2. Prescott
3. Bald Knob
4. Fordyce
5. Junction City
6. Glen Rose
7. Centerpoint
8. Atkins
9. Smackover
10. Harding

Austin.Sutton

Quote from: The Dynasty on October 24, 2016, 11:02:34 am
1. Charleston
2. Prescott
3. Bald Knob
4. Fordyce
5. Junction City
6. Glen Rose
7. Centerpoint
8. Atkins
9. Smackover
10. Harding

Why'd you put GR at 6? Just curious.

MynameisJeff

Mtn View is above HA, SMACKOVER & Atkins! WOOO

BigMan15

1. Prescott
2. Glen Rose
3. Charleston
4. Bald Knob
5. Junction
6. Fordyce
7. Centerpoint
8. Smackover
9. Newport
10. Elkins

MynameisJeff

You can write it up anyway you want but its still not gonna change!

Markadomous

How does this Charleston compare to the back to back state champs from a couple years back.

The Dynasty

October 24, 2016, 12:26:44 pm #8 Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 12:42:45 pm by The Dynasty
Quote from: Markadomous on October 24, 2016, 12:06:58 pm
How does this Charleston compare to the back to back state champs from a couple years back.

They don't have a D-1 QB.

With that being said our QB now is a very, very good QB. I'd say we have the best QB in all of 3A this year.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Austin.Sutton on October 24, 2016, 11:04:27 am
Why'd you put GR at 6? Just curious.

The Centerpoint and Haskell games don't look good to me.

CoolBreeze

T1. Charleston
T2. Prescott
3. Glen Rose
4. Bald Knob
5. Fordyce
5. Junction City
6. Atkins
7. Smackover
8. Rivercrest
9. Harding
10. Clinton

Red Devil Dad

Charleston QB reminded me of Frances that played for Harding Academy last year. Good arm and can run. Maybe not D1, but he should be playing for someone next year. He is bigger and harder to bring down compared to Frances and like Frances he can buy time in the pocket and find someone down the field.

SR30

One Dynasty doesn't like GR, 2 he is correct on the HHG game, 3 GR needs to figure put how to play a full 4 qtrs at times, on the positive note they did lead prescott most of the game but refer to my previous reason, play 4 qtrs and finish

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on October 24, 2016, 02:32:06 pm
One Dynasty doesn't like GR, 2 he is correct on the HHG game, 3 GR needs to figure put how to play a full 4 qtrs at times, on the positive note they did lead prescott most of the game but refer to my previous reason, play 4 qtrs and finish

I can't argue with anything you said in this post.

NewRecruit

1.  Prescott-       Defense has proven itself and have made it through the toughest part of the 5-3A schedule.
1A Charleston-   As with Prescott, defense has proven itself and they have experience to take them far.
3   Glen Rose-    Have played a tough schedule and only loss coming to Prescott in last 14 seconds.
4   Fordyce-       Only loss was early in the season to a good Hampton team. Defense has stepped up in big games.
5   Bald Knob-    Undefeated!! Until they are beat they deserve to be up there.
6   Junction City-2 losses by very tough opponents and defense has proven itself in big games. Tough conference.
7   CenterPoint-  Best 3 loss team in 3A. Played Prescott and Glen Rose very tough and has a very good defense.
8   Mt. View-      Strong defense and decisive wins over all 3A opponents they have faced.
9   Smackover-  Tough conference and strong schedule.
10 HA-              Started out slow but have adjusted to new coaching staff and beginning to gel.

Bwana

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 24, 2016, 09:52:27 am
3A

1.  Prescott
T2.  Charleston
T2.  Glen Rose
4.  Bald Knob
5.  Junction City
6.  Fordyce
7.  Centerpoint
T8.  Mountain View
T8.  Harding Academy
T10.  Smackover
T10.  Elkins
LOL 2 teams from the 1 in the top 10.. The View and Elkins would be playing for the 3-4 seed in every other conference in 3A.. Elkins caught Clinton on one of those game within the game nights.. Clinton is the best team out of the 1..

MynameisJeff

amehr36

I really can't gauge anything as this is JCs first year in 3A. We're undefeated as far as 3A opponents go but it hasn't looked pretty at times. If everyone else sees us as top 5 or 6 I guess I'll agree with them.

athletic supporter

There is NO way Atkins is a Top 10 team. They will probably split their last 2 regular season games and get bounced in the first round of the playoffs

Coltfan2005

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 24, 2016, 09:52:27 am
3A

1.  Prescott
T2.  Charleston
T2.  Glen Rose
4.  Bald Knob
5.  Junction City
6.  Fordyce
7.  Centerpoint
T8.  Mountain View
T8.  Harding Academy
T10.  Smackover
T10.  Elkins

He is going to be so broken hearted come play off time.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 24, 2016, 06:50:06 pm
He is going to be so broken hearted come play off time.

I wonder if he has already hired a lawyer.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: amehr36 on October 24, 2016, 05:44:10 pm
I really can't gauge anything as this is JCs first year in 3A. We're undefeated as far as 3A opponents go but it hasn't looked pretty at times.

This argument would make more sense if their losses were to 4A or 5A schools. But one was to a 2A school. I'm not sure about the size of the LA school who beat them.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

This year, England would most likely be in the top 2 of 3A, so j.c. losing the them, isn't to bad of a loss.

dragondad

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 24, 2016, 11:01:33 pm
This year, England would most likely be in the top 2 of 3A, so j.c. losing the them, isn't to bad of a loss.

Both England and Haynesville could most likely win against 2/3 of the teams in 4A

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dragondad on October 24, 2016, 11:10:13 pm
Both England and Haynesville could most likely win against 2/3 of the teams in 4A

Know nothing about Haynesville, but England is salty! Well balanced and their qb is a gamer.

Coltfan2005

"The only conference champ standing in the way would be from the weak 3A-1 Conference — a team that could be taken down by the 3A-5's fifth-place finisher"

RPS

Skip Baymore

1.   Prescott
2.   Charleston
3.   Fordyce
4.   Glen Rose
5.   JC
6.   Bald Knob
7.   Smackover
8.   Rivercrest
9.   Centerpoint
10. Newport

Knocking at the door:  H.A.,  Atkins, Mountain View, Jessieville.

ChucktownTiger

Havent been keeping up with them well enough but I hear HA is coming on here at the end of the season. If so, that's a dangerous thing. Was talking to Dynasty tonight about how a team like that getting hot at the end of the season is dangerous. Theres something to be said for a team that's "been there done that' and knows how to win big games. Is this true and if so are they good enough to make a deep run?

WilderKat

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on October 26, 2016, 11:54:39 pm
Havent been keeping up with them well enough but I hear HA is coming on....Is this true and if so are they good enough to make a deep run?

Your guess is as good as anybody.
(remember to divide your thoughts on it by 1.5)

The Dynasty

Possible 'Day After Thanksgiving' quarterfilnal games:

Bald Knob @ Charleston

Glen Rose @ Junction City

Fordyce @ Prescott

I'd say that would be a heck of a Friday night!!!!!

The Dynasty

Havent been keeping up with them well enough but I hear HA is coming on here at the end of the season. If so, that's a dangerous thing. Was talking to Dynasty tonight about how a team like that getting hot at the end of the season is dangerous. Theres something to be said for a team that's "been there done that' and knows how to win big games. Is this true and if so are they good enough to make a deep run?

They are in the right bracket to make a run. I think it will come down to Harding and Atkins out of that group on who goes to the semis.

panther07

I think what you're hearing is fairly accurate.  Getting completely healthy and figuring out new defensive personnel has made a huge difference.  The 5 new OL that had to start this year are getting better every week.  It's tough to replace all 5 OL and QB and expect to be good early in the year, especially when you're beat up in some other skill positions on top of that.  I'd look for HA to make it to at least the quarters and give somebody in that game a run, if not win that game. 

Glaw2010

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on October 24, 2016, 01:41:10 pm
Charleston QB reminded me of Frances that played for Harding Academy last year. Good arm and can run. Maybe not D1, but he should be playing for someone next year. He is bigger and harder to bring down compared to Frances and like Frances he can buy time in the pocket and find someone down the field.

What is crazy to me about Rowland, is he hasn't gotten any looks at all, not D1 or D2. It kind of blows my mind, considering he has only played into the second half 3 games this year, and there have been games where he has thrown it less than 10 times.

Danold Dump

Dump asks where is Drew Central in this latest polling?? Is CNN conducting this poll??  # rigged...Dump out

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Glaw2010 on October 27, 2016, 08:37:45 am
What is crazy to me about Rowland, is he hasn't gotten any looks at all, not D1 or D2. It kind of blows my mind, considering he has only played into the second half 3 games this year, and there have been games where he has thrown it less than 10 times.

Not knocking the kid at all.  Solid athlete and a great young man.  But, the fish bowl to pick from is huge!  Gotta break it all down to a realistic view point.  Mainly, has he hit the combine circuit to show his interest?  If not, they wont waste anytime on a hs athlete unless they are just insane.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 24, 2016, 12:37:25 pm
T1. Charleston
T2. Prescott
3. Glen Rose
4. Bald Knob
5. Fordyce
5. Junction City
6. Atkins
7. Smackover
8. Rivercrest
9. Harding
10. Clinton

looks good

luxora4life

Quote from: The Dynasty on October 27, 2016, 08:23:10 am

Bald Knob @ Charleston

Glen Rose @ Rivercrest  (I Fixed it for You)

Fordyce @ Prescott

Bwana

Quote from: Glaw2010 on October 27, 2016, 08:37:45 am
Several reasons some great athletes don't get looked at.. I know one of the best running backs from last year and one this year didn't/won't get looked at because their ACT scores were/are terrible.. Don't know if that's the case here, just saying..

GBattack

Quote from: Bwana on October 27, 2016, 11:37:14 am
Several reasons some great athletes don't get looked at.. I know one of the best running backs from last year and one this year didn't/won't get looked at because their ACT scores were/are terrible.. Don't know if that's the case here, just saying..

He's an honor student with very good test scores. I just don't think he has any interest in playing college ball.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: GBattack on October 27, 2016, 11:43:08 am
He's an honor student with very good test scores. I just don't think he has any interest in playing college ball.

Why would you not want to play college football?

Lineman

October 27, 2016, 12:53:17 pm #40 Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 12:55:35 pm by Lineman
Did you ever consider there's more to life than football?  Just ask Ned, he'll tell you.

CoolBreeze

October 27, 2016, 01:00:59 pm #41 Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 01:07:43 pm by CoolBreeze
It's hard to tell. HA looked terrible to start the season. However, they have looked better each week beginning with the loss at Bald Knob. The question is the quality of the competition. My assessment is that Ceder Ridge and Mayflower are good teams. Barton, not so much. Their opponents for the last two weeks of the season are Marianna and ECS, which will provide no help in determining how good HA is.

I guess we'll just have to wait until they face real competition in the playoffs. My guess is they'll be ready. And they have a relatively easy path in the bracket.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Lineman on October 27, 2016, 12:53:17 pm
Did you ever consider there's more to life than football?  Just ask Ned, he'll tell you.

I'm well aware of that situation. I know there is more to life than football. I just think that if I had a chance to go back and have an opportunity to play college ball in my life. I would take that chance. Every one is different. I was just asking about this certain situation that was brought up.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: The Dynasty on October 27, 2016, 08:23:10 am

Bald Knob @ Charleston

Glen Rose @ Junction City

Fordyce @ Prescott

The most likely 4th quarterfinal would be HA or Piggot at Atkins. That might not be a bad game either.

Glaw2010

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 27, 2016, 01:05:27 pm
I'm well aware of that situation. I know there is more to life than football. I just think that if I had a chance to go back and have an opportunity to play college ball in my life. I would take that chance. Every one is different. I was just asking about this certain situation that was brought up.

That or maybe the fear of not starting would keep someone from trying, especially a kid that has excelled in everything he has ever done. Not saying that this is the case at all, just an example. And if I know Jack, he loves football, but he also loves hunting, and maybe being able to do that whenever he wants looks good after playing football every season of his life. Just my 2 cents, and also may not be the case at all.

Proud Buckaroo

Going back and reading the way I questioned that seems as if it may have come off as rude or insulting. I really wasn't meaning it that way. I know it's hard to word things without coming off the wrong way. I apologize. I was just genuinely curious of why he didn't want to play after high school.

The Dynasty

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 27, 2016, 01:09:28 pm
The most likely 4th quarterfinal would be HA or Piggot at Atkins. That might not be a bad game either.

I'd love to see an HA/Atkins rematch from last year.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 27, 2016, 01:22:38 pm
Going back and reading the way I questioned that seems as if it may have come off as rude or insulting. I really wasn't meaning it that way. I know it's hard to word things without coming off the wrong way. I apologize. I was just genuinely curious of why he didn't want to play after high school.

Don't sweat it PB.

I'm not sure if Jack wants to play college ball or not. College aside he will go down as a very good Charleston Tiger QB. The numbers he has put up this year are crazy good.

115-181 for 1773 yards, 28 TD's to only 4 INT's. His QB Rating 126.2. The kid can play.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: The Dynasty on October 27, 2016, 01:25:50 pm
I'd love to see an HA/Atkins rematch from last year.
Could be a good one. Atkins who ended 6-5 last year played HA closer than anyone except 5A Vilonia and Danville during the monsoon.

Glaw2010

October 27, 2016, 02:45:22 pm #49 Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 03:05:31 pm by Glaw2010
No offense taken here either Buck. Just thinking aloud of what might be going through a 17 year old's head. haha That's kind of scary to do again haha

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas