• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston vs. Perryville

Started by Black and Gold, October 22, 2016, 04:26:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Black and Gold

Shouldn't be much of a game. Hopefully the Tigers don't come out distracted due to it being senior night. Tigers by 42.

CoolBreeze

MynameisJeff

WPWells

What incredibly strong football team does Mountain View have? Run along

Red Devil Dad

Perryville could probably give Mountain View a heck of a game but not Charleston. Tigers starters with be out at half.

On side

Looking forward to visiting your concession stand and dreading the long drive back.

ChucktownTiger

beach bum

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 22, 2016, 05:29:34 pm
another weak opponent.

An honest assessment of the 1-3A vs. the 4-3A is this IMO.... You only played one more tough game than Charleston in conference. The difference is Charleston played a way harder non conference schedule than Mountain View so I am not sure what you are saying cause Charleston has played a harder schedule up to this point. But here is the 1-3A vs. 4-3A

***Mountain View has two very good opponents in Elkins and Clinton. After that Greenland is well mediocre this year and after that everyone else in your conference is not as good as what they 4-3A has to offer as far as like 4 through 7 teams in each conference. What I am saying is the 4-3A is a slightly better league than they 1-3A because Charleston is better than any of your top 3 by a landslide. Atkins would be fun to watch play your top 3 and we will probably get to see that round 2. After that I think teams like Lamar/Paris/Cedarville/Mansfield/Perryville are more quality competition than a Yellville/Green Forest/Marshall/Melbourne so I will take the 4-3A over the 1-3A.

HorseFeathers

The only difference between the 1 and 4 is Charleston

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 22, 2016, 09:05:11 pm
The only difference between the 1 and 4 is Charleston

That really is it right now... I'd take the 1-3A if not for Charleston. You can say a league's bottom is better like I did, but that only holds a tiny bit of weight and doesn't mean a whole lot. That would be like the SEC and Pac 12 arguing over Kentucky/South Carolina and California/Arizona

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on October 22, 2016, 09:10:53 pm
That really is it right now... I'd take the 1-3A if not for Charleston. You can say a league's bottom is better like I did, but that only holds a tiny bit of weight and doesn't mean a whole lot. That would be like the SEC and Pac 12 arguing over Kentucky/South Carolina and California/Arizona

I honestly didn't read your entire post, but now that I have, you made my usual argument haha....

After the top 5 or so it seems like 3a is way down this year...

2010Tigerhaz-been

October 23, 2016, 02:32:30 am #11 Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:51:10 am by 2010Tigerhaz-been

MynameisJeff

Charleston needs relocated to 5-3a. Where they'd have a real struggle. There opponents are good in the past but not this year. When you have Mtn. View predicted over Atkins there's the problem. Mtn View shouldn't be beating Atkins. That conference is off this year.

Red Devil Dad

Mountain View will not beat Atkins. Mountain View is not Charleston, they are are not Prescott and they are not Glen Rose. If Mountain View can get by Clinton and win their conference they are 1 and done and will be embarrassed in front of their home crowd.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on October 23, 2016, 11:15:35 am
Mountain View will not beat Atkins. Mountain View is not Charleston, they are are not Prescott and they are not Glen Rose. If Mountain View can get by Clinton and win their conference they are 1 and done and will be embarrassed in front of their home crowd.

Looking at the score from Friday night....mountain view doesn't have to be as good as charkeston to possibly beat atkins....

MynameisJeff

I think there needs to be a open slot on everyone's schedule, week 6 or week 7 and whoever is the top teams from those conferences in 1st place, plays another 1st place conference. 1-3a 1st place vs 6-3a 1st place. 2-3a vs 5-3a, 3-3a vs 4-3a. Does it sound stupid or a decent idea?

MynameisJeff

Instead of playing 2 non conference games at the beginning of the year play just 1 and 1 in the middle of the season against a different conference in the same classification.

Red Devil Dad

Horsefeathers, Charleston will have simular scores against everyone they play with a maybe a few exceptions like a Prescott. They are that good and getting better every week.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on October 23, 2016, 12:01:39 pm
Horsefeathers, Charleston will have simular scores against everyone they play with a maybe a few exceptions like a Prescott. They are that good and getting better every week.

I've seen them...but to suggest it would take a team Charleston caliber to beat y'all when then won by 5 scores is a bit of stretch

Red Devil Dad

Didn't say it would take a team of Charleston caliber to beat us. If it read that way it was unintended. It will take more than a MV has to beat us. MV posters are trying to compare themselves with Charleston and they are not even close.

MynameisJeff

As of now Atkins would go to mtn view if they beat 1-3a #5 seed. It would be a shame if they lost in the first round.

2010Tigerhaz-been

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 23, 2016, 03:27:25 pm
As of now Atkins would go to mtn view if they beat 1-3a #5 seed. It would be a shame if they lost in the first round.

It would be a shame if you had to divorce your wife

Red Devil Dad

I think Mountain View needs to worry about their upcoming game with Clinton and not trolling the 4-3A.

CapnObvious

MynameisJeff

Clinton couldn't even beat elkins lol

MynameisJeff

Atkins won't make it to mtn view. Greenland will whop the red devil's

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on October 23, 2016, 03:20:40 pm
Didn't say it would take a team of Charleston caliber to beat us. If it read that way it was unintended. It will take more than a MV has to beat us. MV posters are trying to compare themselves with Charleston and they are not even close.

All I'm saying is they could be 4 TDs worse than Charleston and could still on paper beat atkins 8)

And have I missed the other mountain view posters? I've just seen Jeff..

Red Devil Dad

Glad the game is not played on paper. If MV is lucky maybe they will get a chance to prove it. 

MynameisJeff

Most of the papers got mtn view in the semi finals losing to Prescott, its not just me saying that. Calprep, Arkansas paper, 3A index, Rich's power ranking system, numbers never lie.

Lineman

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 23, 2016, 05:28:40 pm
Most of the papers got mtn view in the semi finals losing to Prescott, its not just me saying that. Calprep, Arkansas paper, 3A index, Rich's power ranking system, numbers never lie.
The only numbers that matter are the final scores. You can talk about different match ups all day long, numbers that haven't happened yet can lie.

MynameisJeff

Red Devil Dad

If you can beat Clinton and secure that 1 seed. Manage to win a game against a 5 seed, then you will get your chance to put up or shut up. Worry about the rest of your season, your getting ahead of yourself Jeff.

The Dynasty

Atkins will be in the semis against Prescott.

BAMA#16

Quote from: The Dynasty on October 23, 2016, 05:39:28 pm
Atkins will be in the semis against Prescott.
I agree Dynasty, Atkins has a solid team, and as I said before, I think they will create mismatches for teams in the playoffs, I'd feed #20 the ball a little more, my kid popped him real good and said he was solid.

BAMA#16

The second season is getting closer, just two weeks away!!!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 23, 2016, 05:28:40 pm
And we all know that those folks are NEVER wrong, because there's no such thing as an upset in high school football.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on October 22, 2016, 06:16:00 pm
Perryville could probably give Mountain View a heck of a game but not Charleston. Tigers starters with be out at half.

I actually think Mountain View would beat Perryville convincingly if they played.

MynameisJeff

Last 2 playoffs for mtn view they was definitely over matched, Charleston was a better team and before that Episcopal collegiate, before that HA, they didnt have a chance other than being able to play the game, with that said mountain view has the best draw out of all those playoffs and to add to that they have a better team this year hands down. Agree with me or not, they will have success in the playoffs till they run into a Charleston, Prescott, Glen Rose.

The Dynasty

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 24, 2016, 09:45:53 am
Last 2 playoffs for mtn view they was definitely over matched, Charleston was a better team and before that Episcopal collegiate, before that HA, they didnt have a chance other than being able to play the game, with that said mountain view has the best draw out of all those playoffs and to add to that they have a better team this year hands down. Agree with me or not, they will have success in the playoffs till they run into a Charleston, Prescott, Glen Rose.

1) They better beat Clinton week 10 if they want to win a playoff game. If not they draw Jessieville/Centerpoint Round 1 and that will be really tough.
2) If Mountain View does win conference they are 1 game and out because they draw Atkins Round 2 and that is a terrible match up for MV.

AlumniLights

Why so much non-love for the Tigers??? I figured you secretly rooted for your old conference foe???

AlumniLights

junkyard dog

So much negativity on this board. Every year 'bout the same time also. It's Tiger bashing season. Always wanted to know if you needed some sort of license for that? ;D

Lineman

It's mostly a desperate cry for attention.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lineman on October 24, 2016, 09:19:52 pm
It's mostly a desperate cry for attention.

I figured that's what all the chest thumping about kids accomplishments was about

Lineman

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 24, 2016, 10:39:30 pm
I figured that's what all the chest thumping about kids accomplishments was about
Just the All Americans.

OLDSCHOOL82

Cake walk week.  Chuck by 28 after a running clock.  Dynasteed and ChuckberryTigger will be singing Neil Diamond in the parking lot the entire 4th qtr.

The Dynasty

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 25, 2016, 08:44:58 am
Cake walk week.  Chuck by 28 after a running clock.  Dynasteed and ChuckberryTigger will be singing Neil Diamond in the parking lot the entire 4th qtr.

Sweet Caroline.....

AlumniLights

Ain't a thang wrong with some Neil Diamond OS. It's not my go-to track, but hey, when in Rome...

The Ghost of Stephen Wood

October 26, 2016, 09:51:31 am #49 Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 10:11:15 am by The Ghost of Stephen Wood
The last little bit of cigar smoke finally rolled out of the Benz this morning after the epic celebration I had following the Atkins game. Those Atkins boys put up as good a fight as anyone, then the second half rolled around and the Nasty Boys came out for the second half. Now on to this week. Perryville has as much of a chance at winning this as secondaries had at stopping me. Not happening ladies. You might think you have a nice little ground and pound offense. Let me give you Mustangs some advice. You bring the ground and the Nasty Boys will take care of the pound. By the second quarter Perryville will be tiptoeing to the line of scrimmage so bad they will look like the Steele Family Cloggers on an episode of Hee Haw. Victory cigar #9 is rolled and the sixer of Schlitz is in the fridge. Life is good!!!!!

This D is Nasty.
This O is red hot.
The Tigers score 60.
Perryville, naught.

Later Haters......

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas