• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar-Two Rivers. Week number 9

Started by Clara Allen, October 22, 2016, 07:50:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Clara Allen

About the best thing I can get really excited about is seeing my freshmen suit up with the big boys Friday night.   
But seriously, last night we almost let that game get away or was I watching another game?   

xadboy

This team have struggled to play team ball all year. Some players seems to just be going through the motions. We should beat Two Rivers, but don't know if we can beat Paris. Also, I think we will be one and done in the playoffs.

beach bum

October 22, 2016, 01:27:04 pm #2 Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:28:55 pm by beach bum
I will say Cedarville probably is not near as bad as their 1-7 record indicates so I wouldn't put as much into playing them really close like Lamar did last night. From what I heard they had 13 point leads against Mansfield and Perryville with less than 10 minutes left in both games and somehow just gave them away at the end or they would be in the playoff discussion. I think they might give Paris trouble next week too.... maybe a little more high scoring than last night.  Two Rivers is just the opponent for the Lamar to have after the near upset though. I imagine the Gators will bring 9th graders too I hope and have a little more guys on the sideline for some depth to give guys 5-6 plays rest a night for their starters. Good luck to both Lamar and Two Rivers next week. I will say Lamar 42-7 over the Gators.

macadoshis

October 22, 2016, 10:16:52 pm #3 Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:20:00 pm by macadoshis
Quote from: xadboy on October 22, 2016, 01:08:28 pm
This team have struggled to play team ball all year. Some players seems to just be going through the motions. We should beat Two Rivers, but don't know if we can beat Paris. Also, I think we will be one and done in the playoffs.
I know you didn't just say that.  You don't think we're gonna find our mojo on week nine that propels us to that deep playoff run?  😁

macadoshis

Just think though Xad, if we don't beat Paris, we'll have to make that horrible drive to Search to face HA.  And after we pull upset of upsets round one. We get to host

xadboy

Quote from: macadoshis on October 22, 2016, 10:22:20 pm
Just think though Xad, if we don't beat Paris, we'll have to make that horrible drive to Search to face HA.  And after we pull upset of upsets round one. We get to host
Hope we can put it all together, but been waiting 8 weeks go it. Would love for us to win a game or two in playoffs. But that looks like a big mountain to climb for us.

Clara Allen

There are some very hungry freshmen who may be just the motivation for the "going through the motions" boys to pull their heads out.   There are three or four of the pups who could very easily get playing time early Friday night and possibly could get a starting nod against Paris.   They are salty and want to win   Badly

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on October 23, 2016, 08:09:01 pm
There are some very hungry freshmen who may be just the motivation for the "going through the motions" boys to pull their heads out.   There are three or four of the pups who could very easily get playing time early Friday night and possibly could get a starting nod against Paris.   They are salty and want to win   Badly

Why are the freshmen moving up? Do you guys not do JR high the same as 3A-6 does?

We have a west division and an east division.

Each team plays for their region and then they do head to head for the overall title.

Lineman

They did that my freshman year way back when, but now it's whoever has the best conference record wins the title.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Lineman on October 23, 2016, 09:57:24 pm
They did that my freshman year way back when, but now it's whoever has the best conference record wins the title.

That was a long time ago. Lol.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 23, 2016, 09:26:26 pm
Why are the freshmen moving up? Do you guys not do JR high the same as 3A-6 does?

We have a west division and an east division.

Each team plays for their region and then they do head to head for the overall title.

I think in this Area it's a conference by conference basis....atkins conference did it the cycle they were with yellville, and marshall etc...they split north and south.

Lineman

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 23, 2016, 10:05:00 pm
That was a long time ago. Lol.
Probably before most folks on here we're born.

Ned_Flanders

ChucktownTiger

BAMA#16

Impressed with the gators for almost making it thru the season, and keeping the football program going, that's a win in itself, but Lamar can name thier score in this one.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: Lineman on October 23, 2016, 09:57:24 pm

Back in the days of leather helmets.

Ned_Flanders

Before the appletini was created for sure.

Lineman

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on October 24, 2016, 09:00:26 am
Back in the days of leather helmets.
No, but we did have to old single bar facemasks.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: Lineman on October 24, 2016, 09:41:05 am
No, but we did have to old single bar facemasks.

Believe it or not Jeff Terry is was still cracking skulls with one of those in 02

The Dynasty

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on October 24, 2016, 11:34:01 am
Believe it or not Jeff Terry is was still cracking skulls with one of those in 02

Greatest post player/DE combo to ever come through Charleston.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on October 22, 2016, 07:50:49 am
About the best thing I can get really excited about is seeing my freshmen suit up with the big boys Friday night.   
But seriously, last night we almost let that game get away or was I watching another game?   

Lamar in a mercy rule.....

....Someone should make the fans of Two Rivers some banana pudding to give them something to look forward to, though...8)

ChucktownTiger

I'm going to change my prediction after thinking about it a bit. Considering if and only if Two Rivers decides to play their 9th graders.

The game could be close at half. From talking to Lamar posters and a couple people close to the program its almost like they've lost the wind in their sail or that "Want To" , for whatever reason. I think Jones is a great coach so maybe he'll get them back on track. However because of this I think the game could be close at half and come down to the fourth quarter. I still think Lamar wins but maybe only by 6-14 points. If TR could pull it off that would be awesome and a big boost into next years program. Those kids have a lot of heart and I wouldn't put it past them. With a few things going their way it could be the perfect storm. Who Knows.

Clara Allen

Nanner puddin for the team.  If there are leftovers there might be some at the field.....

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on October 26, 2016, 11:36:04 pm
I think Jones is a great coach so maybe he'll get them back on track. However because of this I think the game could be close at half and come down to the fourth quarter. I still think Lamar wins but maybe only by 6-14 points.

If anyone can sympathize with TR this year it would be Doc, considering that LONG first season at Magazine (0-10). I think he finished the season with 14-15 players.

HorseFeathers

Heard that two rivers is moving up the freshman for tonight

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 28, 2016, 09:06:21 am
Heard that two rivers is moving up the freshman for tonight

We may have a game here. You never know

jazdill

If it's a close game it will not be because of their freshman. Seen those kids last night.

xadboy

Longfellow, you going to be at the game?

Longfellow

Quote from: xadboy on October 28, 2016, 03:03:45 pm
Longfellow, you going to be at the game?
No. I've been flip flopping the last few days on it. I'm going to fort smith to hit up all the haunted houses with some friends, since Halloween is on a Monday

warriors#32

I'm going to change my prediction after thinking about it a bit. Considering if and only if Two Rivers decides to play their 9th graders.

The game could be close at half. From talking to Lamar posters and a couple people close to the program its almost like they've lost the wind in their sail or that "Want To" , for whatever reason. I think Jones is a great coach so maybe he'll get them back on track. However because of this I think the game could be close at half and come down to the fourth quarter. I still think Lamar wins but maybe only by 6-14 points. If TR could pull it off that would be awesome and a big boost into next years program. Those kids have a lot of heart and I wouldn't put it past them. With a few things going their way it could be the perfect storm. Who Knows.
our jr high beat them bad I don't think the 9th graders are going to help

xadboy

Quote from: Longfellow on October 28, 2016, 04:32:44 pm
No. I've been flip flopping the last few days on it. I'm going to fort smith to hit up all the haunted houses with some friends, since Halloween is on a Monday
We'll miss you Deeds.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on October 28, 2016, 04:32:44 pm

What a bum

macadoshis

You should predict for Hootens

ChucktownTiger

Clara Allen

44-0 I believe, could have been a bunch more.  Starters pulled midd second quarter, Freshmen played most of the second half.  New scheme last night that seemed to work very well. 

BAMA#16

Big game for the warriors next week, home playoff game at stake.

ChucktownTiger

macadoshis

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas