• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fordyce at Jc

Started by Monsta, October 21, 2016, 10:08:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baseball13

Fordyce makes a Statement Friday night.

Fordyce 33
Junction 21

The Classic

Fordyce holds it down on defense

Fordyce- 21
Junction City- 7

bleudog

"HOOTENS.COM GAME OF THE WEEK

No. 4 Fordyce (6) at No. 5 Junction City

Fordyce has shut out its past two opponents, including Smackover 26-0 Week 7. Junction City defeated Smackover 17-14 last week. Fordyce junior QB Ketric Sledge has completed timely passes for 836 yards and 13 touchdowns with just two interceptions. Senior RB T'Juan Thomas has rushed for a team-high 832 yards and eight TDs. Thomas has recorded a team-high 66 tackles, including 17 TFL. Junction City senior RB and leading rusher Demontauz Gray did not play last week is no longer on the team. Junior Hishmma Taylor carried 19 times for 146 yards last week, and senior Tez Brown caught four passes for 83 yards. Junior and tackle leader Terrell Gibson recorded 17 stops vs. Smackover. JC held Smackover to 204 yards offense."

http://www.hootens.com/10-24-2016/class-3a-week-9-rankings-notes--picks/5983.html

bleudog

LaLaLand

Fordyce (AR) at Junction City (AR)   [projection: Junction City (AR) 22-20]

http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2016/weekview.pl?week=Arkansas_10

Ned_Flanders

Is this game for all of the tamales?

dragondad

MOJO

I expect this game to be well worth the title of "Game of the Week". Two fast physical football teams going at it Friday. This game will be very exciting and could go either way. However, I expect Fordyce to overcome  their lack of depth and the game being in JC and pull off the close win to take the conference title.

Danold Dump

It's been a while since the Redbugs have won a conference title...Redbugs are hungry....We all know it.  ....Dumpforprez

Footballlovergirlstyle

I'll take Junction, they want it bad, to say they came into 3a and won all games. This is will be defense game as it was last week against Smacktown. Junction on top! Game want get over the 20's. 7 fordyce 14 Junction.

Coltfan2005

Dragon#40

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Footballlovergirlstyle on October 26, 2016, 10:55:51 am
I'll take Junction, they want it bad, to say they came into 3a and won all games. This is will be defense game as it was last week against Smacktown. Junction on top! Game want get over the 20's. 7 fordyce 14 Junction.
Ahhhh the old we want it more than you.

Dragon#40

Quote from: Headhunter15 on October 22, 2016, 03:30:18 pm
Would it still be bad for me to blur out usernames and other stuff then post the picture?

Not if you are ok with acting like a kid..ijs
If y'all wanted to know the situation y'all could have asked me nicely...would y'all be still assuming...yes, but it would have been a nice try..lol...

dragondad

Quote from: Dragon#40 on October 26, 2016, 04:17:42 pm
Not if you are ok with acting like a kid..ijs
If y'all wanted to know the situation y'all could have asked me nicely...would y'all be still assuming...yes, but it would have been a nice try..lol...

Which is why I just bowed out of that conversation.  I may have lost respect for the young man, but I whole heartedly respect those that love him the most.

thabeast428

Just heard Gray was back on the team but will be playing wideout and some on defense

Coltfan2005

weak coach? Bad decision?

thabeast428

I'm honestly surprised but I think it'll be alright. But if his attitude doesn't change it isn't gonna matter

dragondad

Quote from: thabeast428 on October 26, 2016, 06:29:31 pm
Just heard Gray was back on the team but will be playing wideout and some on defense

Guess Coach didn't see what he posted last night.  If this is true,  I'm really disappointed.

thabeast428

Yea I know same thing I was wondering but he deleted the post... weirdo

Proud Buckaroo

THA TRUTH

I figured this would happen honestly... but he is prolly on a very short leash

Dragon#40

October 26, 2016, 08:26:21 pm #71 Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 08:29:56 pm by Dragon#40
Quote from: thabeast428 on October 26, 2016, 06:29:31 pm
Do I keep missing something..lol

Dragon#40

Quote from: dragondad on October 26, 2016, 04:54:17 pm
Which is why I just bowed out of that conversation.  I may have lost respect for the young man, but I whole heartedly respect those that love him the most.
You know I know that...It's not a lot of guys like you, and that's a shame...#Respect

Monsta

Gray is Not Back on the Team and this came directly from coach carpenter..and from the sound of it they boys don't want him back on the Team either

dragondad

Quote from: Monsta on October 26, 2016, 09:06:34 pm
Gray is Not Back on the Team and this came directly from coach carpenter..and from the sound of it they boys don't want him back on the Team either

+1,  I have confirmed the same.  So we can all just move on to the topic of Fordyce @ JC.

JC makes another statement and chalks up another 3A win and secures the 1 seed for 6-3A

Monsta

Quote from: dragondad on October 26, 2016, 09:16:53 pm
+1,  I have confirmed the same.  So we can all just move on to the topic of Fordyce @ JC.

JC makes another statement and chalks up another 3A win and secures the 1 seed for 6-3A
Right On DragonDad... Jc in this one by as much as they want

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Monsta on October 27, 2016, 07:00:00 am
Right On DragonDad... Jc in this one by as much as they want

No, not by as much as they want... It's going to be a close game. I could be wrong. Fordyce is a good team. They are quick and they run their offense pretty well.

Footballlovergirlstyle

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 27, 2016, 07:44:32 am
No, not by as much as they want... It's going to be a close game. I could be wrong. Fordyce is a good team. They are quick and they run their offense pretty well.

Ya'll had the same thing in SMACKTOWN, But the defense stop that. But im with you it's going to be a close game, won in the trenches as Coach C says!

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Footballlovergirlstyle on October 27, 2016, 08:16:45 am
Ya'll had the same thing in SMACKTOWN, But the defense stop that. But im with you it's going to be a close game, won in the trenches as Coach C says!

In the second half. We did get shut down. But, we had two goal line stands against the dragons. The one that counted the most. You guys got in.

Footballlovergirlstyle

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 27, 2016, 08:56:03 am
In the second half. We did get shut down. But, we had two goal line stands against the dragons. The one that counted the most. You guys got in.

Right!

THA TRUTH

Those goal line stands were because of penalties and a pass 6'3 kid couldn't even catch

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 27, 2016, 10:02:04 am
Those goal line stands were because of penalties and a pass 6'3 kid couldn't even catch

That was on a 4th and goal... So... No. That's irrelevant.

THA TRUTH

That's a negative it was a third down after a motion penalty backed them up... not sure how it doesn't hold relevance

mastermind10

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 27, 2016, 10:02:04 am

You seem to revel in pointing out misplays by certain kids (kids being the operative word) instead of acknowledging the really good plays or great plays kids make.  In this case why not give Smackover credit for making a hard earned goal line stand?  You--among many who get on this board and spout ridiculous criticisms-- are one who missed his calling.  Go to college; get a degree; and then get a job getting high school athletes headed in the right direction all the time.  Fans are supporters; you're just a negative distraction. 

THA TRUTH

To bad what I said was true

mastermind10

No, what you said was was an opinion.  Your posts are manure for the most part... just as what I am posting is an opinion-- just not oozing negativity.  JC and Smackover both played their butts off.  Both teams made some mistakes, but also both teams made great plays and executed well on both sides of the ball.  Just because your team didn't win by 40 is not a reason to be pointedly critical of kids who are playing with heart. But since this thread is about Fordyce and JC...

THA TRUTH

So penalties didn't get them in bad field position and a pass wasn't other thrown??

MynameisJeff

mastermind10

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 27, 2016, 11:43:15 am
So penalties didn't get them in bad field position and a pass wasn't other thrown??
Tha truth is several factors play parts in determining a series of downs, including good plays by the defense.  You have totally missed the point.  It's Thursday; there should be a college game on TV tonight.  Just pay attention to the ebb and flow of the game.  You'll see mess ups and good plays at any level.  If you are the JC fan you pretend to be, sometimes credit should be given to a team that has endured a lot this year.  If you are a fan of high school football, recognize the effort of the players regardless of which team they play.  Just too much negativity. 

THA TRUTH

That's just it the effort has been lack luster majority of the year... this team plays down to te level of competition more than any Jc team I've seen

luxora4life

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 27, 2016, 01:31:35 pm
That's just it the effort has been lack luster majority of the year... this team plays down to te level of competition more than any Jc team I've seen

Or Possibly playing up to their highest level or potential which is less than any JC team you've seen.

mastermind10

and/ or maybe the teams JC has been playing are better or more motivated than what you're used to seeing.  The schedule does not look the same in 2016 as it did in 2015. Though Genoa, McGehee, Fouke and Lake Village are not great AAA teams, they are appreciably better than many AA teams.  England is really good regardless of classification; and Haynesville is just a traditionally tough small Louisiana power.  Smackover is pretty dang good also.  Lots of folks would love to be 6-2 (4-0) right now and playing for a district title. Moving up a classification was supposed to be tough.  Now consider everything else, and the JC faithful should be proud to be supporting these kids as they welcome a tough Fordyce team to the border town Friday. 

redbugs73

Fordyce wins with the help of the jr high players moving up adding a little more depth in some needed areas.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: redbugs73 on October 27, 2016, 09:01:39 pm
Fordyce wins with the help of the jr high players moving up adding a little more depth in some needed areas.

I didn't know they could do that the next day?

thabeast428

They can move up whenever if I'm not mistaken warren has done that before

redbugs73

Yes we have always done this every year

thabeast428

Sounds like Fordyce ain't no joke lol I just hope Junction is ready and comes out the gate playing good if not it's gonna be a long night for the dragons

Delta_Bravo

Who won the Jr high game? 

bleudog

redbugs73

Fordyce won jr high game 38-8

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas