• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

List of top 10 defenses in 3a?

Started by MynameisJeff, October 21, 2016, 09:54:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Oblivion

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 22, 2016, 01:44:44 pm
Aren't we counting our chickens? MV still has a little game with Clinton, before they can wrap up the conference championship and get the 1 seed.
I assumed Mt. View had it wrapped up by the way jeff was talking. I can promise you I'll be cheering for Clinton.

MynameisJeff

How does the 3 seed vs 3 seed work? Who has home Field?

WPWells

NewRecruit

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 22, 2016, 01:52:36 pm
How does the 3 seed vs 3 seed work? Who has home Field?
If you are referring to the first round game. The 3 seed from your conference will travel to the 3 seed of the 5-3A.

MynameisJeff

Mtn view beat Elkins, Elkins beat Clinton, Clinton goes to mtn view last game for the conference championship, Clinton has yellville this upcoming week easy win, Marshall goes to mtn view both should mercy rule opponents and set up the week 10 last game against each other. Mtn View by a TD or 2.

beach bum

October 22, 2016, 02:00:56 pm #55 Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 02:08:53 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Captain Oblivion on October 22, 2016, 01:49:47 pm
I assumed Mt. View had it wrapped up by the way jeff was talking. I can promise you I'll be cheering for Clinton.

Clinton by 8? That is all it takes for Mt View to drop to the 3 seed.... from my scenarios it is.

***Mountain View wins the conference with a win against Clinton or losing by 6 or less to Clinton. If Clinton wins by 6 or less I still think it would go (1)Mt View (2)Elkins (3)Clinton

****Elkins wins the conference with a Clinton win over Mt View of 8 more points and the finish would be (1)Elkins (2)Clinton (3) Mountain View

***From my understanding Clinton can not get the 1 seed at this point. They will finish at the 2 or 3 seed in the 3 way tie scenario if they beat Mt View by 8 or more or the 2 seed if Mt View loses by 8 or more. I don't believe Clinton has any way to get the 1 seed I think. Obviously, a loss to Mt View simply puts them the 3 seed.

Correct me if I am wrong on those scenarios

MynameisJeff

Clinton doesn't score much on mtn view's defense. Clinton had trouble with Elkins defense. Mtn View 30 Clinton 14

backwoods

Quote from: Lineman on October 22, 2016, 01:05:24 am
I would be curious to know how many points are scored on the 1st team defense vs the 2nd string.
For Clinton conference games only, the 2nd string defense played the 2nd half in
all games except for Elkins. 1st defense allowed 28 to Elkins  ??? and 7 to Melbourne.
2nd defense allowed 14 to Green Forest , 6 to Melbourne, and 12 to Marshall

backwoods

Clinton can still get #1 seed but only if Elkins really screws up.
No hard feelings Elkins but please screw up!!!!!!!!!
Sorry Jeff but MT. View LOSES!!!!!!!!!!! :)

athletic supporter

Quote from: Fred Bird on October 22, 2016, 10:51:40 am
I bet Mountain View-Atkins would be a good game

I think Atkins wins by at least 2 TDs

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas