• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

List of top 10 defenses in 3a?

Started by MynameisJeff, October 21, 2016, 09:54:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MynameisJeff

Monsta

WPWells

1. Glen Rose
2. Charleston
3. Junction City
4. Smackover
5. Prescott
6. Centerpoint
7. Rivercrest
8. Newport
9. Clinton
10. Atkins

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Fred Bird on October 21, 2016, 10:05:44 pm
1. Glen Rose
2. Charleston
3. Junction City
4. Smackover
5. Prescott
6. Centerpoint
7. Rivercrest
8. Newport
9. Clinton
10. Atkins

Not sure how Rivercrest defense made this list....

MynameisJeff

Not a top 10 overall, I'm talking about a top 10 with the least amount of points scored against them 1-10.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 21, 2016, 10:16:05 pm
Not a top 10 overall, I'm talking about a top 10 with the least amount of points scored against them 1-10.

We will talk about Mountain view when they actually beat someone worth talking about. Not 7th grade teams.

WPWells

I threw 10 solid teams not named Mountain View on an arbitrary list. That's how Crest made it

MynameisJeff

I haven't said anything about mtn view in this post?

Coltfan2005

Man, you are looking for any reason to get someone to mention Mountain View. Look, I am sure they have a great bunch of kids and coaches but the fact is they have the one of the easiest schedules in 3A. The conf is extremely weak, so it's hard for anyone else to look at your defensive stats without realizing the quality of teams MV plays.

MynameisJeff

Actually I was thinking Newport has the least points scored on them all season at 70. But they must be playing weak teams too?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 21, 2016, 10:23:01 pm
Actually I was thinking Newport has the least points scored on them all season at 70. But they must be playing weak teams too?

They played a harder schedule than Mountain Dew did.

MynameisJeff

We aren't talking about mtn view. I'm talking about Newport. I can talk about mtn view though...

State champs 2010

MynameisJeff

Austin.Sutton

1. Newport- 70
2. MV- 87
3. Piggot- 89
4. Charleston- 89
5. Prescott- 96
6. Fordyce- 113
7. Centerpoint- 117
8. Bald Knob- 123
8. Walnut ridge- 123
9. Jesseville- 124
10. Junction city- 128

7 of these schools are in the top 10 rankings right now, imagine that.

Cupkake24

1. Prescott
2. Charleston
3. Glen Rose
4. Junction City
5. Centerpoint
6. Smackover
7. Fordyce
8. Newport
9. Clinton
10. Bald knob

Coltfan2005

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 21, 2016, 10:23:01 pm

Some were weak, some were not. All of Mountain Pew's victories were against smaller and weaker teams.

strongandsteady

Prescott plays in the toughest conference and has only given up 96 points. That's interesting

Lineman

I would be curious to know how many points are scored on the 1st team defense vs the 2nd string.

ISU7

biglion1985

MynameisJeff

WPWells

Beat Dardanelle and Ozark in non-conference. MV lost to the only team they played in non-con who can even pretend to be halfway decent

MynameisJeff

Look who Dardanelle & Ozark played. Yeah not much quality. So they get a bye? Hmm. I'm not saying they don't deserve to be there, put look at there opponents records, 2 of the teams they played have winning records. And don't say well they are playing good teams. NOT. Mtn View has played higher quality! I'd love to see Charleston in the 1st round.

MynameisJeff

And look what they got left a 4-4 perryville that got beat down by Mayflower 40-0 & Mansfield 2-6 that a weak 1-3a team beat 40-20. I bet Charleston climbs the rankings though, weak weak teams. Mtn View's schedule compared to Charlestons is overmatched easily. Throw Charleston into the 5-3A fire pit, they wouldn't survive. #4 maybe a #3 seed, but nope they are some bad boys that get a bye, only to get whooped come round 2 or 3.

2010Tigerhaz-been

October 22, 2016, 08:20:07 am #25 Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 08:32:03 am by 2010Tigerhaz-been
Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 22, 2016, 08:08:43 am
Look who Dardanelle & Ozark played. Yeah not much quality. So they get a bye? Hmm. I'm not saying they don't deserve to be there, put look at there opponents records, 2 of the teams they played have winning records. And don't say well they are playing good teams. NOT. Mtn View has played higher quality! I'd love to see Charleston in the 1st round.

You know this seems to be an issue every year. Charleston usually doesn't have an extremely tough schedule yet we make so many trips to Little Rock that our team's charter bus has its own express lane there. If you are a success regardless of strength of schedule, then your opponent's  records are kind of a moot point don't ya think? Almost yearly it seems I'm reading something along the lines of "Oh Ctown hasn't had any competition in conference, they are gonna be in trouble come playoff time! "
Yet lord behold,  there you are, another year listening to Charleston thump another team in War Memorial on the radio. And Charleston would love to have you. I want to see what your excuse is when Charleston mercy rules Mt View

MynameisJeff

What happen to them last year? Yeah didn't see them in little rock. Smackover "real deal team" mercy ruled them. I'm not trying to say they haven't had good success thru the years but all I've heard this year was Mtn View hasn't played anyone but who mtn view has played has beat Charlestons opponents. Ive said it all year long and will continue to say it, this Mtn. View team is the best team they have had since the 80s. They have never blown out teams ever, not even when they had a 10 win season couple years back, this is a historic team, I'll give them the benefit of week 2 loss against Conway Christian in Conway, early in the season, they are fine tuned now pouring it on.

Ned_Flanders

Let me tell you what happened last year Jeff.   The worst Charleston team in 25 years beat the same team you are gloating over 28-0.

Let me repeat that 28-0 1st round of the playoffs in Charleston.

If you think Mt View could beat this same Charleston team that beat you 28-0 last year, I need to move to Mt View cause u are growing some good good stuff up there.

MynameisJeff

October 22, 2016, 08:59:20 am #28 Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 09:02:54 am by MynameisJeff
Mtn View is not that team they was last year, so your opinion is irrelevant. Your pretty much saying mtn view has the same team as last year and that is definitely false. Look at that 2015 team, the scores the wins & losses. Look at how many points they put up and how many was scored on them. NOW COMPARE THAT to this year. Yeah you are absolutely wrong.

MynameisJeff

Mtn. View 2015 6-5 overall 4-3 conference 186 points for/ 236 points against.
Mtn. View 2016 7-1 overall 5-0 conference 242 points for/ 87 points against, with 2 games left already putting up more than last year by a lot and defense is holding 150 less points scored on them than last year.

Longfellow

MynameisJeff

Not as weak as Charleston, look at the stats. What else you got besides lies??

MynameisJeff

I want a real Charleston/Mtn. View stat sheet matchup. All the teams they played compared to mtn view, points for/points against. Show it! I bet mtn view has the edge.

Longfellow

I'm not gonna sit here and argue because I really don't see the point in looking at high school stats. Stats in high school football are unreliable. Now if you can produce advanced stats, you would have a case

redandgray

I don't know about Rivercrest's defense being on any list, but they made stops last night when they had to.  The Colts rushed 43 times for 389 yards on Newport though.  That was impressive!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on October 22, 2016, 09:18:54 am
I'm not gonna sit here and argue because I really don't see the point in looking at high school stats. Stats in high school football are unreliable. Now if you can produce advanced stats, you would have a case

The 1-3a and 4-3a are probably equal this year....outside of charkeston

SR30

Jeff is the Mt view version of GR spirit from last year. Runs his head until his team gets beat then will wander off in the woods aimlessly. Your Mt View team is going to get rocked come playoff time. You can throw out the stats and the record come playoff time. The top 4 teams will hit full throttle in the first round and the one who has the most gas in the punishment tank gets to the rock. Go ahead and try to run downhill on a Charleston, prescott or GR team. Those 3 teams love to get down and dirty in the trenches. Hope you run into one of those teams early so you can get started on basketball and off-season

BAMA#16

Quote from: SR30 on October 22, 2016, 09:49:18 am
Jeff is the Mt view version of GR spirit from last year. Runs his head until his team gets beat then will wander off in the woods aimlessly. Your Mt View team is going to get rocked come playoff time. You can throw out the stats and the record come playoff time. The top 4 teams will hit full throttle in the first round and the one who has the most gas in the punishment tank gets to the rock. Go ahead and try to run downhill on a Charleston, prescott or GR team. Those 3 teams love to get down and dirty in the trenches. Hope you run into one of those teams early so you can get started on basketball and off-season
I agree SR30

Longfellow

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 22, 2016, 09:25:49 am
The 1-3a and 4-3a are probably equal this year....outside of charkeston
Pretty much

WPWells

I bet Mountain View-Atkins would be a good game

Boomer

I think I'm gonna pull for ole Jeff. This board needs a few folks to rile up the charleston crew  ;D

CoolBreeze

It would be nice to see a new kid on the block take the title instead of the same names over and over, but the chances of that being a team from the 1-3A? About the same as the proverbial snowball.

Boomer

Quote from: Fred Bird on October 22, 2016, 10:51:40 am
I bet Mountain View-Atkins would be a good game
I saw the Flanagan kid on some highlights. Definitely looks the part. Not trying to ruffle any feathers Im honestly curious because I'm not from that part of the state, but do you guys generally get many players that transfer from the surrounding schools.. HONEST question. Sometimes with Big surrounding schools kids move for playing time hence Haskell HG and Bauxite in previous years in regards to Benton and Bryant.

SR30

HHG has exploded with people moving in to the district or school choice. It's the same thing that happen with bryant and benton years ago when parents moved their children from little rock. Now the parents are moving the kids from benton and bryant to HHG, as well as Bauxite. Bad thing is a good majority of those kids do not play football but causes the school to bump up in classification.

WPWells

Charleston from time to time will get transfers from Greenwood, but most of these are homegrown kids

MynameisJeff

That's going to be a drive for Horatio round 1 to Mtn View.

GBattack

I don't think we have any transfers on this particular team. #78 moved in from Lavaca his Sophomore year and we've got one new underclassman from Lavaca having to sit out this year. Most of these Seniors have played together since peewee football.

SR30

Jeff I will give u the benefit of the doubt on Horatio.  They aren't very good this year

Captain Oblivion

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 22, 2016, 12:19:33 pm
That's going to be a drive for Horatio round 1 to Mtn View.
It won't be Horatio...They will finish 2-5 in conference and Haskell will finish 3-4 and be the 5 seed...and could very well end Mt View and hopefully jeff  ::)

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Captain Oblivion on October 22, 2016, 01:18:52 pm
It won't be Horatio...They will finish 2-5 in conference and Haskell will finish 3-4 and be the 5 seed...and could very well end Mt View and hopefully jeff  ::)
Aren't we counting our chickens? MV still has a little game with Clinton, before they can wrap up the conference championship and get the 1 seed.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas