• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport at Rivercrest

Started by luxora4life, October 16, 2016, 04:13:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

luxora4life

October 16, 2016, 04:13:08 pm Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 04:15:04 pm by luxora4life
Runners to your mark......... GO!

Paperman

Colts by 21! Newport isn't that good!

BAMA#16

I believe the colts will pull this one out, this is one of the few games I'll be keeping an eye on.

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on October 16, 2016, 09:28:10 pm
Colts by 21! Newport isn't that good!
I wish but I can't see them winning by that  much, if they win. They have a few players nicked up from last week. I'll make my predictions later in the week. I do think this game could go either way.😷😎

HOUND15

October 17, 2016, 07:19:52 am #4 Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 09:11:20 am by HOUND15
I've had this game circled since week 1. Thought this would be a great match up then and I still believe it now. The Hounds are rolling. The offense needed a game like last week to get going again and Coach Hindsley's defense is continuing to show why they're the #1 defense in the state. This matchup will be tricky because I'm truly not sure which Colts team will show up Friday night. GO HOUNDS!

redandgray

At this point Newport has to be the favorite.  They've played really well this year.  The Colts have been up and down in different games and throughout games.  I'm hoping this will be a great game! 

Captain Oblivion

Newport prolly should win, but I'm riding with the Colts... They are about to start peaking at the right time.

Razorhummer

I would love to be at this game but I will be at Southside for homecoming when the Southerners take on Heber Springs. These 2 teams haven't met since the 80's and should be a great game. I think Newport will sneak out of the Cotton Patch with a win.

ISU7

Quote from: HOUND15 on October 17, 2016, 07:19:52 am
I've had this game circled since week 1. Thought this would be a great match up then and I still believe it now. The Hounds are rolling. The offense needed a game like last week to get going again and Coach Hindsley's defense is continuing to show why they're the #1 defense in the state. This matchup will be tricky because I'm truly not sure which Colts team will show up Friday night. GO HOUNDS!
+1 Hound15.

sprained ankle

ISU7

sprained ankle

Been running sprints. Getting in shape for the big game. It's a long walk to the visitors stands at the "patch".

Paperman

Bias

I wonder if you will get a +1 everything your prediction spread grows lol

Redwolves8526

Neither offense is impressive. That being said, Newport is vastly overrated. Colts by 14

Coltfan2005

Quote from: HOUND15 on October 17, 2016, 07:19:52 am

Newport does not have the #1 defense in the state. Where did you get that?

Wile E. Coyote

whippersnapper

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 18, 2016, 11:10:02 am
Newport does not have the #1 defense in the state. Where did you get that?
http://www.hootens.com/10-17-2016/class-3a-week-8-rankings-notes--picks/5965.html
Maybe not in the state but for sure 3A according to hootens. 6.6 ppg

HOUND15

Whipper.. Good to hear from you!

whippersnapper

Well I rewatch all the games on Cable15 youtube channel. But just dont post much anymore since I cant keep up with the hounds like I used to. Coach Hindsley and staff are doing a great job this season. The Orange Swarm is back

Coltfan2005

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 18, 2016, 12:08:48 pm
http://www.hootens.com/10-17-2016/class-3a-week-8-rankings-notes--picks/5965.html
Maybe not in the state but for sure 3A according to hootens. 6.6 ppg

hooten's doesn't say Newport has the best defense in 3A, they say they have allowed the fewest average points per game. Even a rag like hooten's knows a lot of that is who you have played.

Leo Marvin

Newport's defense is a championship defense.  The offense has to improve. 

Bias

IMO there is not really just an explosive offense in the 3a-3 that I have seen live or on film.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Leo Marvin on October 18, 2016, 03:45:32 pm
Newport's defense is a championship defense.  The offense has to improve. 

can't really tell that until they win a championship. I will say it's just as good as Piggott's.

Leo Marvin

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 18, 2016, 05:03:05 pm
can't really tell that until they win a championship. I will say it's just as good as Piggott's.

Piggott has the best defensive player.  Newport has much more talent at just about every other defensive position.  Piggott's most dominate player lined up across from Newport's least experienced player.  Newport had trouble all night because of this.   I suspect Newport would have a different game plan if there were a rematch.  #74 for Piggott is a bad dude.

sprained ankle

Let's see the Hounds have the #1 passer in the conference. The #1, #3, and #6 receiver in the conference and the #3 and #6 rusher in the league. Have scored 224 points and allowed 47 in 7 ballgames. On top of that they are 4-0 in the conference. I really don't know what more you could ask from a team. Maybe they aren't any good but on paper they sure do look like it. GO HOUNDS.

sprained ankle

sprained ankle

It should be a great game and is what high school football is all about. I hope all the kids have fun and compete at a high level.

mtindian42

October 18, 2016, 08:35:23 pm #28 Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 08:38:52 pm by mtindian42
Quote from: Leo Marvin on October 18, 2016, 06:20:05 pm
Piggott has the best defensive player.  Newport has much more talent at just about every other defensive position.  Piggott's most dominate player lined up across from Newport's least experienced player.  Newport had trouble all night because of this.   I suspect Newport would have a different game plan if there were a rematch.  #74 for Piggott is a bad dude.
lol coach Hindsley said he told the young center that he would feel like he had been in a car wreck the next morning after faceing #74.

Bias

We moved our linebacker to center and shut him down

ISU7

Quote from: sprained ankle on October 18, 2016, 08:02:32 pm
It should be a great game and is what high school football is all about. I hope all the kids have fun and compete at a high level.
+1

ISU7

Quote from: sprained ankle on October 18, 2016, 07:56:14 pm
I'm back ISU7.
Hope to meet you at the game Friday.  I'll probably be wearing ISU hat and jacket so you will know who I am. I usually stand on the track on the visitors side. Be safe traveling too Wilson Arkansas.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Bias on October 18, 2016, 09:26:24 pm
We moved our linebacker to center and shut him down

Then why didn't Newport score in the second half?

Bias

They were bragging on 74 from piggott and he is a stud but the Lions moved 54 to center and 74 didn't do much. IMO after watching some film I think if Crest can't protect the edges and get a few plays from the linebackers. Newport may have their hands full. Go Colts

OLDSCHOOL82

Greyhound fans... Whatever happened to the charismatic greyhound poster from 2013?  Can't for the life of me think of his name at the moment. Will have to go back and look through old posts if no one remembers.

jacosportsfreak

OLDSCHOOL82

No.  Fearthegreyhound I believe.  I'll look at old posts.  He was an instant classic.

nastynice

Catchthegreyhound or something like that.

OLDSCHOOL82

That sounds right.  The warren boys will remember him.  Bet Coo bird will also.

GreyColt

October 19, 2016, 07:11:46 pm #39 Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 07:13:36 pm by GreyColt
Looking forward to a good game!  I win either way. 😎

ISU7

Quote from: sprained ankle on October 18, 2016, 03:21:07 am
Been running sprints. Getting in shape for the big game. It's a long walk to the visitors stands at the "patch".
Lol. You have to pass by the high school right off highway 14 I'm sure a nice Colt fan will give you a ride the rest of the way. 😄

fballofficial1

This game has all the makings to be a great one. Newport struggled to move the ball against Piggott, but did so at will against Corning. The game will come down to turnovers. Newport plays lights out defense so the Colts will need a lucky break or two. I think the keys to victory for both teams are eliminating the big plays, and not turning the ball over. I've got Newport winning a close one, but if Rivercrest can create turnovers, secure the ball, and stop the big play then this game could go either way!

Coltfan2005

There is a simple reason why newport couldn't move the ball against piggott but could against corning.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 20, 2016, 12:43:54 pm
There is a simple reason why newport couldn't move the ball against piggott but could against corning.
Ah! But how will that play out against the Colts. Whose defense do they resemble most? Corning or Piggott?

Coltfan2005

Hard to say since Corning doesn't have a defense. :-\

CoolBreeze

Coltfan2005

What ever happened to Hound football on the radio? Who carries the games now?

mtindian42

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 20, 2016, 06:09:54 pm
What ever happened to Hound football on the radio? Who carries the games now?
Newport plays on Chanel 15 you can catch all the hound action there. Live and on Replay

Coltfan2005

I don't think they are on my channel 15. :'(

mtindian42

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 20, 2016, 06:14:40 pm
I don't think they are on my channel 15. :'(
http://www.cable15tv.com/video.php?GreyhoundFootball%7C41%7Ctf2pSLbmkKw

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas