• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a-3 week 8

Started by luxora4life, October 16, 2016, 04:10:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

luxora4life

Newport at Rivercrest
Piggott at Walnut Ridge
Osceola at Manila
Hoxie at Corning

mtindian42

Newport 31 Rivercrest 16
Piggott 28 walnut ridge 13
Manila 22 Osceola 21
Hoxie 37 Corning 18

Paperman

Rivercrest 23, Newport 19
Piggott 34, Walnut Ridge 22
Corning 24, Hoxie 21
Osceola 27, Manila 13

neaguru

Quote from: Paperman on October 16, 2016, 08:05:44 pm
Corning 24, Hoxie 21
Osceola 27, Manila 13
You may go 1-3 this week. Picking the under dogs this week?

MommaLion

Newport by 14
Manila by 12
Hoxie by 7
Piggott by 14

MynameisJeff

Rivercrest 0 Newport 60
Piggott 81 walnut ridge 0
Corning 5 Hoxie 19
Manila 127 Osceola 3

ISU7

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 16, 2016, 09:36:50 pm
Rivercrest 0 Newport 60
Corning 5 Hoxie 19
Manila 127 Osceola 3
I'm going to that Osceola at Manila game 127pts should be fun lol.

HOUND15

Newport 35 - Rivercrest 14
Piggott 32 - Walnut  Ridge 20
Corning 14 - Hoxie 28
Manila 24 - Osceola 35

Bias

Crest over Newport by 7
Piggott over WR by 14
Hoxie over Corning by 14
Manila over Osceola by 6 which I think is tubetown game of the week and ISU7 it will be great to have you in the stands.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Look at the Conf Points so far
Newport-         40 points            4-0
Piggott-           27 points            3-1
Rivercrest-      34 points             3-1
Osceola-          25 points            2-2
Manila-            16 points            2-2
Walnut Ridge-   13 points            1-3
Hoxie-              8 points             1-3
Corning-            0 points            0-4

Newport remains undefeated in Conf. and holds the 1 seed
Piggott has the head to head over Rivercrest for the 2 spot at the moment.
Osceola and Manila are tied for the 4 seed at the moment but haven't played each other, but goes to points first so Osceola has the advantage.
Walnut Ridge and Hoxie are in the same boat as the two teams above.
Corning rounds out the number 8 spot.

ISU7

Quote from: Bias on October 17, 2016, 08:02:08 am
Crest over Newport by 7
Piggott over WR by 14
Hoxie over Corning by 14
Manila over Osceola by 6 which I think is tubetown game of the week and ISU7 it will be great to have you in the stands.
If Head Lion is better he will let me sit in the press box with him. Thanks for the offer Bias and good luck to those roaring Lions.🐯

Bias

You won't be able to enjoy the game all you'll here is about the Cubs. Lol

Heisman Pose

October 17, 2016, 09:00:27 pm #12 Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 09:02:57 pm by Heisman Pose
Newport by 14 over Rivercrest
Piggott by 21 over Walnut Ridge
Hoxie by 20 over Corning
Manila by 16 over Osceola

Head Lion

The Manila/Osceola game is basically a playoff game. Winner is 98% in & loser has to have tons of help. Lions have never beat the Noles at FB, that I know of. I do think the Lions are finally putting the pieces together & hitting their peak at the right time.

ISU7

Quote from: Bias on October 17, 2016, 05:53:46 pm
Lol especially if the Cubs be behind in the series. 😄 Go Cards.🐦

NEark tigers

I wish the Bulldog Nation was still in this conference, our final 3-3A game, Earle defeated Manila, 86-0...LOL

Daddyrat

Yup and colts beat us 70-0 one year... when this group was in jr high they beat earle like a drum...

Paperman

Quote from: Bias on October 17, 2016, 05:53:46 pm
[/quote
Wait! Chicago still has a baseball team? 😎

Bias

Bias

Anyone wanting to vote for the tubetown game of the week for the 28th Newport and Osceola is one of the canidates. Just go to tubetownonline.com

Head Lion

Quote from: NEark tigers on October 17, 2016, 11:38:56 pm
I wish the Bulldog Nation was still in this conference, our final 3-3A game, Earle defeated Manila, 86-0...LOL
Been trying to get y'all back on the schedule in all sports, football, basketball, baseball, cross country, golf. We don't ever get an answer back.🤔🤔🤔

Bias

They wouldn't beat us 85-0 with this group. As matter fact the last time these kids faced the dogs was Halloween at the dog pound in Jr high and their tails were tucked in defeat.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 16, 2016, 09:36:50 pm
Rivercrest 0 Newport 60
Corning 5 Hoxie 19
Manila 127 Osceola 3

Mynameisjeff and i ride the shortyellowbus.

Head Lion

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Paperman on October 16, 2016, 08:05:44 pm
Corning 24, Hoxie 21
Osceola 27, Manila 13

Newport over Rivercrest by 14+
Piggott over Walnut Ridge
Hoxie over Corning big
Manila over Osceola

luxora4life

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 18, 2016, 12:50:39 pm
Hoxie over Corning big
Manila over Osceola

Wow! by 14+

Coltfan2005

Rivercrest does not stack up well against Newport. Their defense is really good, colt offense has been maybe a smidge above average. Colt defense is weak against a Newport offense that is more than a smidge above average.

luxora4life

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 18, 2016, 05:05:20 pm
Rivercrest does not stack up well against Newport. Their defense is really good, colt offense has been maybe a smidge above average. Colt defense is weak against a Newport offense that is more than a smidge above average.

I don't know how good their defense really is, they gave up 20 points against Gosnell.  Then  5 of the next 6 teams they faced have 5 total wins combine.  With two of those teams winless and one with 1 win. 

I think our defense will be ok against their offense.  Gosnell was able to hold them to 14pts and piggott held them to 7

ISU7

Quote from: NEark tigers on October 17, 2016, 11:38:56 pm
That was then. Didn't Earle lose to 3A Mountain View by 30.😎

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 18, 2016, 12:50:39 pm
Hoxie over Corning big
Manila over Osceola
Houndfan 2005 has spoken. Lol.GO COLTS🏈🏇

Coltfan2005

just because I try to be realistic in picking a supposed winner, does not make me a hound fan. I hope the colts win, but I'll bow out of the "homer" fantasies.

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 19, 2016, 01:57:10 pm
just because I try to be realistic in picking a supposed winner, does not make me a hound fan. I hope the colts win, but I'll bow out of the "homer" fantasies.
Lol relax Coltfan 😱😷 I'm picking with you. Yep it will be tough going for the young Colts with a few key players nicked up and certainly not 100%  but I'm sure the effort will be there.Win are lose they will be fine. Its almost a pity that the second seed from this conference has an easy road to the semis (and maybe finals) than the top seed. To be continued. 😱😎 Good luck to both teams. Praying for safe travels and an injury free game for all. 😇 Motorist please watch out for Sprained Ankle as he will be walking alongside highway 14 east from Newport to Wilson. You should be able to see him clearly, he'll be looking like the great pumpkin in all that bright orange trimmed in black.lol 😄

Paperman

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 18, 2016, 11:07:46 am
Mynameisjeff and i ride the shortyellowbus.
+50! Friggin awesome!

Proud Buckaroo

ISU7

Proud Buckaroo

Coltfan2005

Quote from: ISU7 on October 19, 2016, 08:55:05 pm
Lol relax Coltfan 😱😷 I'm picking with you. Yep it will be tough going for the young Colts with a few key players nicked up and certainly not 100%  but I'm sure the effort will be there.Win are lose they will be fine. Its almost a pity that the second seed from this conference has an easy road to the semis (and maybe finals) than the top seed. To be continued. 😱😎 Good luck to both teams. Praying for safe travels and an injury free game for all. 😇 Motorist please watch out for Sprained Ankle as he will be walking alongside highway 14 east from Newport to Wilson. You should be able to see him clearly, he'll be looking like the great pumpkin in all that bright orange trimmed in black.lol 😄

Happened in 2002 also.

Leo Marvin

Quote from: luxora4life on October 18, 2016, 06:47:37 pm
I don't know how good their defense really is, they gave up 20 points against Gosnell.  Then  5 of the next 6 teams they faced have 5 total wins combine.  With two of those teams winless and one with 1 win. 

I think our defense will be ok against their offense.  Gosnell was able to hold them to 14pts and piggott held them to 7

Newport did give up 20 points to Gosnell the first game of the season.  It was the same night Paragould beat Rivercrest 44-6.  Newport's defense is pretty good

Bias

So using that logic. Gosnell beat Newport. Crest beat Gosnell. So Crest beats Newport.

luxora4life

Quote from: Leo Marvin on October 20, 2016, 03:41:47 pm
Newport did give up 20 points to Gosnell the first game of the season.  It was the same night Paragould beat Rivercrest 44-6.  Newport's defense is pretty good

Could be.  I guess I will get to see first hand Friday night.

Leo Marvin

Quote from: Bias on October 20, 2016, 03:48:54 pm
So using that logic. Gosnell beat Newport. Crest beat Gosnell. So Crest beats Newport.

My point was not to put to much stock into Newport's first game.  I don't think Newport will treat Rivercrest like a team that was dominated by Paragould either.

Bias

Right just just like we expected Newport to be a good team. Not like last year's 2-10 season. You can compare this game to the previous games.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Leo Marvin on October 20, 2016, 04:11:15 pm
My point was not to put to much stock into Newport's first game.  I don't think Newport will treat Rivercrest like a team that was dominated by Paragould either.

wasn't that gosnell's first game too? By your logic Gosnell should have been a better team week 3 than week 1, or is newport the only team that got better?

mtindian42

Hounds at colts a NEA Show Down!  Should be a good one...

Leo Marvin

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 20, 2016, 06:03:43 pm
wasn't that gosnell's first game too? By your logic Gosnell should have been a better team week 3 than week 1, or is newport the only team that got better?

My original point was Newport's defense is better now than it was week 1.  The original argument that I was critiquing was that a poster didn't know if Newport's defense was all that because of how it did against Gosnell the first game.  To make my point, I referenced Rivercrest's first game struggles and how I am sure they have improved since then.  I think Newport's defense is as good as they've been in a long time.  I don't think the offense is clicking on all cylinders yet.  Hopefully they do by the playoffs.  I am looking forward to the game tomorrow night and think it will be a good one.  Win or loose, both teams will still have plenty to play for.

ISU7

Quote from: Bias on October 20, 2016, 03:48:54 pm
No cause Crest lost to Piggott and Piggott loss to NP..😷😎

ISU7

Quote from: Bias on October 20, 2016, 04:25:10 pm
Right just just like we expected Newport to be a good team. Not like last year's 2-10 season. You can compare this game to the previous games.
Maybe cause they dropped down a class my friend. 😷😎

sprained ankle

Game day. The Hounds are coming and I'm sure the Colts are ready. Should be a great high school football game with plenty of excitement. I expect a good crowd from Newport and one from the Colts also. Go HOUNDS!!!!

Coltfan2005

Hounds do not look ready. 14-0 rivercrest in 1st qtr.

bootlegger

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 18, 2016, 05:05:20 pm
well the crest smidge offense and smidge defense played well enough to beat the hounds tonight ,so maybe we can play well enough to be in the playoffs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas