• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston at Atkins

Started by xadboy, October 15, 2016, 03:34:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

xadboy

This will be a good game. Atkins is athletic and very physical. They have a good QB with 2 very good receivers. They have good running game to go along with the passing. Atkins plays very aggressive on defense. In my opinion this game is a toss up, if Atkins takes care of the ball. You could make the same argument for Ctown. This game will come down to the wire. In the words of good ol JR, we have a slobber knocker on our hands. Good luck to both teams and have a injury free game.

macadoshis

I have some good friends in Atkins and I'd love to see the Devil's push Charleston a little but I don't see it being close.  Tigers roll by 20+

King of three a 78

Quote from: xadboy on October 15, 2016, 03:34:13 pm
This will be a good game. Atkins is athletic and very physical. They have a good QB with 2 very good receivers. They have good running game to go along with the passing. Atkins plays very aggressive on defense. In my opinion this game is a toss up, if Atkins takes care of the ball. You could make the same argument for Ctown. This game will come down to the wire. In the words of good ol JR, we have a slobber knocker on our hands. Good luck to both teams and have a injury free game.
mercy rule by half time like last night

On side

Atkins will come out fighting for a couple of series then it will be over.  Charleston by 28

OLDSCHOOL82

Chuck by 14 due to the lack of competition up to this point. 

Red Devil Dad

I really hope your players are as overconfident as some of the fans on here. Some of these predictions are cracking me up. We will see Friday night how this unfolds but I doubt this game will be a mercy rule.

macadoshis

Coach K won't let the kids come in over confident.  But I've seen them twice now and they are no joke. 

nastynice

Quote from: xadboy on October 15, 2016, 03:34:13 pm
Get real! Only toss up next Friday will be the pickles all the Atkins fans will be tossing up when that clock starts rolling in the second half.
I've said it before and I'll repeat. Chuck won't be tested til semis. Book it!

xadboy

Wow, guess we don't need to even play this game. Ctown save some fuel and stay home. But the Red Devils may have something to say about that. Telling you Ctown better not let your guard down, if you do it might be a sad ride back to titletown.

macadoshis

October 15, 2016, 10:22:29 pm #9 Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 11:15:25 pm by macadoshis
Atkins would have had to of greatly improved since we played them or its gonna get out of hand before you know it.

ISU7

beach bum

CapnObvious

I've seen all the Atkins film and they have a decent team but I believe chuck comes in with a top notch game plan and wins by 2 scores ...

ChucktownTiger

I think Atkins will score twice but that last TD will be on our 2nd team D.

Red Devil Dad

Tiger fans have every reason to feel confident in thier team. Charleston has a great tradition of success and a full trophy case to prove it. This year's team should be the favorite to add another State Title to that trophy case. Charleston also has a great group of players, Charleston has always been the classiest team we play. Harding Academy would be a close second.

With all that said, they are not unbeatable. When they travel to Atkins they will find a group of players that have the same sportsmanship, work ethic, and desire for success. They also are pretty dang good football players and this is their chance to prove it. Charleston will get the best our guys have Friday night and if we play like we are capable of, we can make this a long bus ride home for the Tigers.

macadoshis

I really want it to be a competitive game for both teams sake.  But I've not seen a defense that swarms to the ball like you'll see Friday night.  Haney will have no time to go through his reads. If hid first option isn't open right away, he's sacked for he's tucking and running.  And they are super stingy on the run. Lee had 150 and 167 the two previous games and they held him to 35 and he didn't have but half that when the starters came out.  The secondary is as good as we've seen all year. So without a running game, those d-linemen can pin their ears back and come full speed for Haney.  It looks from the scores that Atkins has greatly improved since we played them at their place.   I'll definitely be keeping up with the scores on this one.  Good luck to both teams and let's finish the season strong. 

FNLsupporter

With no disrespect to Atkins, i was absolutely worried each of the past 2 years while Bald Knob played them. They are a good team, but BK jumped ahead in a fast hurry and it seemed as though they quit competing.  Maybe BK was just having a very good game both years, but I just don't know if Atkins is quite at the level to compete close for 4 quarters with Charleston. I wish them well!  If Atkins plays a mistake free game, then it could be a good one!

Red Devil Dad

Atkins is a completely different team than the last two years against BK. Two years ago our defence couldn't stop anyone and last year we couldn't handle teams with speed. (Hence the beat down BK gave us)  We have a talented and experienced senior group this year.  They are followed by and junior and sophomore class that will probably end up being the most successful groups we have had in a very long time.

Charleston is a great team and we will find out Friday how we measure up. I think we may suprise a few people.

MynameisJeff

Atkins wins 3-2 or by 137 points not counting a field goal.

GBattack

I am hoping for a good game! Atkins is bound to be a good test for us, and there may be some fans who come away surprised, but the boys will be prepared. They aren't underestimating anyone this year and this weeks preparation will be intense. They are looking forward to the challenge.

BAMA#16

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on October 16, 2016, 09:45:42 pm
Atkins is a completely different team than the last two years against BK. Two years ago our defence couldn't stop anyone and last year we couldn't handle teams with speed. (Hence the beat down BK gave us)  We have a talented and experienced senior group this year.  They are followed by and junior and sophomore class that will probably end up being the most successful groups we have had in a very long time.

Charleston is a great team and we will find out Friday how we measure up. I think we may suprise a few people.
I wouldn't be surprised if this game was close, and decided in the fourth quarter, two good teams wanting the same thing.

BAMA#16

Quote from: GBattack on October 16, 2016, 09:52:53 pm
I am hoping for a good game! Atkins is bound to be a good test for us, and there may be some fans who come away surprised, but the boys will be prepared. They aren't underestimating anyone this year and this weeks preparation will be intense. They are looking forward to the challenge.
I honestly think this will be decided in the fourth quarter.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on October 16, 2016, 09:45:42 pm

I gotcha, I sure wasn't trying to nullify their improvements,  because I feel exactly like you guys. We got blasted last year a few times and finished with a middle of the road 6-5 record. So I understand a team can vastly improve for one year to the next. Sometimes everything just comes together at the right time. I wish the Red Devils good luck this Friday! It's a big game with a lot of upside for them if they pull it off. However, if they don't, keep encouraging those kids! They can still finish with a very positive regular season and hopefully enjoy some great success in the playoffs!

The Dynasty

October 17, 2016, 08:34:57 am #23 Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 10:13:51 am by The Dynasty
This game has a lot a stake. A conference championship and home field throughout the playoffs just to name a few. It's always tough to beat a good team on the road. With that being said, Atkins hasn't seen a D like they are about to all year long. The last three weeks they haven't given up over 300 yards combined. The thing for the Tigers this week is not to turn the ball over and don't allow Atkins to have big plays. If we do those two things we will be coming home with the conference trophy. If we do give Atkins the ball a couple times and let Haney beat our secondary it will be a tough one to pull out.

macadoshis

After seeing the two teams in person I just don't see it.  As bad as we were playing at the time, we still had a lead going into the forth. We didn't have the speed in the secondary to contain their receivers in the forth nor the pass rush to make Haney get rid of it quickly.  The Tigers have both.  That's the difference in this game on defense.  On offense the balanced run/pass attack that Charleston has is pretty impressive to watch.  I really hope it's a four quarter game but I see it getting away from the Red Devils in the first half. 

Longfellow

Atkins defense won't stop Charleston's RPO. The only way they can win is to score 60 and that's not likely on Chuck's defense

Chuck 44
Pickles 13

The Dynasty

The impressive thing with this D is how aggressive they are. By the end of the first halfs this year teams are tired of being hit. They fly to the ball on every play. I doubt either teams defenses have seen the air attack that they will see Friday however. I'm anxious to see how much pressure our front 4 can get on Haney. If that is enough to keep him uncomfortable Atkins will be in trouble.

ladiesman1984

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on October 15, 2016, 05:46:06 pm
I really hope your players are as overconfident as some of the fans on here. Some of these predictions are cracking me up. We will see Friday night how this unfolds but I doubt this game will be a mercy rule.
I agree. The Red Devils are better than some might think.

The Dynasty

Quote from: ladiesman1984 on October 17, 2016, 10:23:02 am

I can promise you Charleston isn't overlooking them.

Ned_Flanders

Quote from: ladiesman1984 on October 17, 2016, 10:23:02 am

You are from Paris.

Everyone looks good to you. 😬

MynameisJeff

Charleston South Carolina Vs Atkins Diet.

The Dynasty

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 17, 2016, 10:41:43 am
Charleston South Carolina Vs Atkins Diet.

Not real sure where you are going with that one......

Lineman

Quote from: The Dynasty on October 17, 2016, 10:19:01 am
The impressive thing with this D is how aggressive they are. By the end of the first halfs this year teams are tired of being hit. They fly to the ball on every play. I doubt either teams defenses have seen the air attack that they will see Friday however. I'm anxious to see how much pressure our front 4 can get on Haney. If that is enough to keep him uncomfortable Atkins will be in trouble.
Nailed it!!  How well does Haney scramble?  Is he dual threat or more if a pocket passer?

macadoshis

He ran when he had to against us.  Not alot of called QB run plays but that's only how it went when he played.  And he didn't have to scramble alot against us because we didn't get any pressure

Red Devil Dad

Haney can run when he has to, our line hasn't let many get to him.

xadboy

Well it looks like I'm heading east this Friday. Hope the game is worth the drive. See you there Ctown fans.

RDP96

I believe ty story's sophomore year everyone thought that Atkins didn't stand a chance and they proved them wrong.  I hope they can this time.  If not I just hope it's a good game.  Atkins in a nail biter like 5 yrs ago with a interception in the end zone to win the game.

WPWells

Quote from: RDP96 on October 17, 2016, 11:12:35 pm
I believe ty story's sophomore year everyone thought that Atkins didn't stand a chance and they proved them wrong.  I hope they can this time.  If not I just hope it's a good game.  Atkins in a nail biter like 5 yrs ago with a interception in the end zone to win the game.

Not even comparable.

RDP96

Quote from: Fred Bird on October 17, 2016, 11:17:04 pm
Not even comparable.

Why is it not.  Everyone is saying that we don't stand a chance.  I'm just saying that was the same thing.  We took down the mighty Tigers that year.  Then we had all kinds of injuries.

WPWells

Quote from: RDP96 on October 17, 2016, 11:23:45 pm
Why is it not.  Everyone is saying that we don't stand a chance.  I'm just saying that was the same thing.  We took down the mighty Tigers that year.  Then we had all kinds of injuries.

Not even comparable

Ned_Flanders

Charleston started 20 sophomores the year Atkins beat them. Not even the same situation.

Clara Allen

Just thinking this could be a great game.
I'm not throwing the dumb old girl card on this one. 
Charleston is a really good team. Pretty powerful offense, very stingy aggressive defense.
Atkins is as good or better than I've seen in years.  The last couple of years we were in conference together, not so much.  Don't dismiss them, Tigers, you could get a pitchfork in your rump...

macadoshis

Storeys sophomore year says it all.   This team is filled with upperclassmen and 14 or 15 returning starters from last year's team.  Not comparable.

macadoshis

nastynice

No doubt Atkins has improved a lot this year. Charleston doesn't play as well on grass or on the road but I still don't see Atkins winning.  If Charleston wins this game and gets home field adv throughout playoffs, then go ahead and scratch them into one of the final 2 spots.

macadoshis

Lock it in, get my hat ready and my seat at the tailgate party. 

Ned_Flanders

Alumni field is a tough place to play, huh Nastynice?

2010Tigerhaz-been

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: 2010Tigerhaz-been on October 18, 2016, 06:03:28 am

Haha.  I forgot you was even on here.  Haven't seen you in forever.

2010Tigerhaz-been

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 18, 2016, 06:14:41 am
Haha.  I forgot you was even on here.  Haven't seen you in forever.

Good to be back

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas