• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glen Rose at Centerpoint

Started by G.C21, October 14, 2016, 09:51:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

big lefty

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on October 19, 2016, 12:25:44 pm
I keep hearing Mt. View this Mt. View that. I hope they play a physical brand of ball. There is no finesse or nice guys in the 5- 3A.. the top 4 teams play smash mouth football.. especially the top 2 seeds

You are right for once. Charleston and Prescott play smash mouth ball.

SR30

I meant in the 5- 3A since he seems to think Mt view will roll. But yes Charleston and Prescott play smash mouth as does Centerpoint and GR

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on October 21, 2016, 03:18:45 pm
I meant in the 5- 3A since he seems to think Mt view will roll. But yes Charleston and Prescott play smash mouth as does Centerpoint and GR

Let's agree on:

Charleston
Prescott
Glen Rose
Junction City

Centerpoint isn't in any of those teams league.

BAMA#16

Quote from: The Dynasty on October 21, 2016, 03:22:08 pm
Let's agree on:

Charleston
Prescott
Glen Rose
Junction City

Yes, you could put all four in a hat and draw the matchups, and would not disappoint.

Boomer

October 21, 2016, 09:23:40 pm #55 Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 09:52:21 pm by Boomer
Agreed Dynasty. Gonna be pretty interesting come playoff time.

MynameisJeff

Mtn View did roll 41-8, but I'm not all excited bc that was a weak duckling team, I really can't wait till we match up to a 5-3a team and smash mouth football??? That's all mtn view is built on, running it right in your face.

MynameisJeff

5-3A better go put there boots on, cause come round 1 ITS GONNA GET REAL DEEP.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 21, 2016, 09:28:59 pm
5-3A better go put there boots on, cause come round 1 ITS GONNA GET REAL DEEP.
Methinks it's already gotten real deep. Beating up on little girls doesn't prepare you for running into a 900 pound gorilla. It's gonna be ugly.

MynameisJeff

I hope y'all got a 900 pound gorilla cause Matthew Broyles is 425 pounds and he plays nose. Better hope he don't get ahold of you.

Boomer

This poor guy is gonna be so upset after they get rolled come playoff time.... You guys can't hide behind that weak schedule in a few weeks  ;D

MynameisJeff

If we lose the first round I'm prolly going to divorce my wife.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 21, 2016, 09:43:36 pm
I hope y'all got a 900 pound gorilla cause Matthew Broyles is 425 pounds and he plays nose. Better hope he don't get ahold of you.
I'm not a fan of either of the 900 pound gorillas in this season's lineup. But like I said it won't be pretty when MV meets up with one, i.e C'town, Prescott, GR, or even litttle 800 pound gorilla Bald Knob.

As for the oversize defensive lineman. I saw a state championship game in another state some years ago in which one team had two linemen who outweighed anyone on the O line by 70-100 pounds. The big boys were no factor. The other team just ran around them and won 55-7.

MynameisJeff

The only running I see on the teams mtn view faced was before the game onto the field for the coin toss, Matthew surprising gets ahold of a lot of rb backs and puts them down. 425 pounds of bologna fed machine falling on you hurts.

KOJACK

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 21, 2016, 10:02:30 pm
The only running I see on the teams mtn view faced was before the game onto the field for the coin toss, Matthew surprising gets ahold of a lot of rb backs and puts them down. 425 pounds of bologna fed machine falling on you hurts.
Could y'all clowns shut up and some Glen Rose or Centerpoint folk talk about the freakin game.

Wile E. Coyote

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 21, 2016, 09:56:22 pm

I know a couple of good divorce lawyers. Your gonna need one in a few weeks it looks like.

NewRecruit

I was at the game. It was a good second half by the Knights. Neither team was very effective running the ball but their passing games made up for it. Turned out to be a very competitive game with Glen Rose winning 35-28. Centerpoint had the ball on the 50 trailing by 7 with 2:30 minutes left and 2 penalties backed them up 20 yards.

NewRecruit

Quote from: The Dynasty on October 21, 2016, 03:22:08 pm
Let's agree on:

Charleston
Prescott
Glen Rose
Junction City

I will say this. You are wrong if you think Centerpoint is not in any of those 4 teams league!!! They have a very good team and played the second half without 3 of their main players who were injured.

NewRecruit

On another note. I would hope the coaches  don't teach dirty play at Glen Rose but I overheard some players bragging to their Dads after the game about stomping on players that were down and one dad was laughing about it. Also, I even saw a punch thrown (with no flag). Glen Rose plays dirty!! Yes it's football but kicking players that are down and throwing punches is uncalled for.  I would love to see the tape on the game.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 21, 2016, 09:56:22 pm

Don't do it bro.  And I think you guys are good for round 1.  Its after that where things are gonna prob. get a lot tougher.  IMO, youre gonna need a good or maybe perfect draw to get out of round 2.  But that's been the norm for the 1-3A champ. recently.  Good luck.  Gonna go to Jacks in a few weeks and get some fish (maybe).  Skip.

The Dynasty

Quote from: NewRecruit on October 21, 2016, 11:25:58 pm
I will say this. You are wrong if you think Centerpoint is not in any of those 4 teams league!!! They have a very good team and played the second half without 3 of their main players who were injured.

After tonight it's Charleston/Prescott and everyone else.

The Dynasty

Quote from: NewRecruit on October 21, 2016, 11:31:51 pm
On another note. I would hope the coaches  don't teach dirty play at Glen Rose but I overheard some players bragging to their Dads after the game about stomping on players that were down and one dad was laughing about it. Also, I even saw a punch thrown (with no flag). Glen Rose plays dirty!! Yes it's football but kicking players that are down and throwing punches is uncalled for.  I would love to see the tape on the game.

That's Glen Rose for you. It starts at the top. Seen it too many times.

NewRecruit

Quote from: The Dynasty on October 22, 2016, 12:06:06 am
That's Glen Rose for you. It starts at the top. Seen it too many times.
There was one player that should have been ejected and possibly 2 and only one of them.even drew a flag. Don't get me wrong Glen Rose is a real good team but dirty play is uncalled for. I give Centerpoint credit for not retaliating, but to hear a parent commend a kid for doing something dirty that's just wrong on all levels.

The Dynasty

Quote from: NewRecruit on October 22, 2016, 12:13:39 am
There was one player that should have been ejected and possibly 2 and only one of them.even drew a flag. Don't get me wrong Glen Rose is a real good team but dirty play is uncalled for. I give Centerpoint credit for not retaliating, but to hear a parent commend a kid for doing something dirty that's just wrong on all levels.

Couldn't agree more.

HorseFeathers

I must have sat in the good sections at Glen Rose..... Only problem I ever seen there was a ref almost getting tossed because of his mouth haha

SR30

Always taking one side of the story and judging. Bet you guys vote for Hillary in a few weeks. I think centerpoint was the only unsportsmanlike foul by mouthing to the ref and the Centerpoint Coach drawing the sideline warning. But go ahead and bad mouth GR like you seen every play in the game tonight . I know some FF faithfull came to support centerpoint and say this happen. I thought it was a pretty clean football game myself.

strongandsteady

NewRecruit

Quote from: SR30 on October 22, 2016, 12:52:40 am
Always taking one side of the story and judging. Bet you guys vote for Hillary in a few weeks. I think centerpoint was the only unsportsmanlike foul by mouthing to the ref and the Centerpoint Coach drawing the sideline warning. But go ahead and bad mouth GR like you seen every play in the game tonight . I know some FF faithfull came to support centerpoint and say this happen. I thought it was a pretty clean football game myself.
You must have missed the penalty on the player from Glen Rose for kicking one of Centerpoints players after the play was over. Penalty wise it was a pretty clean game it was the ones that were not called. Like I said, Glen Rose is good, but they play dirty (not all the players) and get away with it.  I was mainly referring to the punch that was thrown, and the kid bragging after the game about what he did and the adult laughing and condoning it. If you want to send me a message I will gladly tell you what number it was but I will not call a particular kid out on here. His Coach should take care of it after he watches the film. It is bad when a few gives the whole team a bad rep.

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on October 22, 2016, 12:52:40 am

I stopped when you started on politics.

SR30

We do have one or 2 players that I could see bragging about that and I could almost name the parent. That's not a reflection or anything taught by the coaches. If it's who I'm thinking it's a 100% dad thing. Coaches will address it I'm sure

HorseFeathers

Quote from: NewRecruit on October 22, 2016, 10:09:53 am
You must have missed the penalty on the player from Glen Rose for kicking one of Centerpoints players after the play was over. Penalty wise it was a pretty clean game it was the ones that were not called. Like I said, Glen Rose is good, but they play dirty (not all the players) and get away with it.  I was mainly referring to the punch that was thrown, and the kid bragging after the game about what he did and the adult laughing and condoning it. If you want to send me a message I will gladly tell you what number it was but I will not call a particular kid out on here. His Coach should take care of it after he watches the film. It is bad when a few gives the whole team a bad rep.

Won't call a player....just mouth about what the team did or did not do..seems legit...

Boomer

Didn't make the game last night but when I got an update in the 2nd half it was 35-14 even though GR turned it over 3-4 times. Can anybody fill me in on what happened to let CP back in the game? Big plays? More turnovers?

NewRecruit

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 22, 2016, 11:50:14 am
Won't call a player....just mouth about what the team did or did not do..seems legit...
Not mouthing just stating the facts!

SR30

CP came out the 2nd half Nad just outplayed us. GR did the same thing they did against HHG and thought they had the game won. Defense got caught on their heels and missed several tackles. Just didn't play GR ball the 2nd half

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas