• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jc at Smackover

Started by Monsta, October 14, 2016, 09:47:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

In my opinion... #28 saved the day more than anyone.... All those flying duck "passes" made and he made diving catches and ran down the floaters several times.

THA TRUTH

5 got it on offense 138 & 2 tds
40 got it on defense 16 tackles

Headhunter15

No no no .. it was the kicker. No 26 yard field goal means no 3 pt victory and over time lol game ball goes to the kicker

THA TRUTH

4 also made a great diving catch across the middle

JC Guy

We will all have to agree to disagree. I don't know where we would have scored the 21 points he saved. 5 was good as always, 28 had some catches and a few drops, 40 had a solid game but from where a watched the game from if we give up the three TDs it's a different out come.

bleudog

BigBrother

As for rule 4.1 the team in possession of the ball has the option not the offense. The defense was in possession  of the ball when whistle blew.

dragondad

Quote from: BigBrother on October 23, 2016, 12:52:28 am
As for rule 4.1 the team in possession of the ball has the option not the offense. The defense was in possession  of the ball when whistle blew.

Which is why they spotted it ten yards dowfield of where the ball was stripped,  I'm guessing that was their best guess as to where Davis was when the inadvertent whistle was blown....doesn't change the fact that the refs carelessness cost them a touchdown.

JC Guy

Correct JC was in possession and headed to the end zone when the whistle blew.

Hawgeye

Quote from: BigBrother on October 23, 2016, 12:52:28 am

Actually, no. The head linesman blew his whistle first. If you remember, this is why he held his spot where forward progress had stopped which meant Smackover was still in possession of the ball when he blew his whistle. Watching the game, you could see him blow his whistle and come in with the spot with his hand raised.(for those that don't know, the HL was the one on the JC sideline)

This is why I posted the actual rule. The head linesman blew his whistle first, then the whistle followed across the field where they then spotted the ball where the JC player had it.

If you watch the replay of the game some place, you will see that the head linesman will never leave his original spot and position of the play blown dead with his lead foot(spot foot).

MynameisJeff

Smackover still crying after the loss??? Let it go dang. Same would of happen if you played mtn view. Smackover is a weak team. Glad the Dragons won

Hawgeye

Quote from: MynameisJeff on October 23, 2016, 10:31:53 am
Smackover still crying after the loss??? Let it go dang. Same would of happen if you played mtn view. Smackover is a weak team. Glad the Dragons won

I haven't seen any Smackover fans crying about the loss.

If you are referencing myself, I am not a Smackover fan. I have family from there and keep up with mostly 3A schools.

Headhunter15

Fan with an (s) being plural, therefore meaning more than one and is fans. Nowhere has anybody cried or whatever he's talkin about. Thread would have way more than 6 pages if that's the case lol only thing I personally see from keeping JC out of wms is the quarterback. Everything else is on tune

bleudog

October 23, 2016, 01:59:41 pm #263 Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 02:40:12 pm by bleudog
Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 21, 2016, 10:24:44 pm
Three things....
1 class act with the sign for Dancy
2 Jc did almost all they could to lose this game with penalties and fumbles
3 bucks defensive ends are some dogs

I don't know if it got on the game video or not, but these three entered the field with the Smackover team at the beginning of the game and delivered the sign to the Dragon bench.

+1

JC Guy

Quote from: Headhunter15 on October 23, 2016, 12:16:28 pm
Fan with an (s) being plural, therefore meaning more than one and is fans. Nowhere has anybody cried or whatever he's talkin about. Thread would have way more than 6 pages if that's the case lol only thing I personally see from keeping JC out of wms is the quarterback. Everything else is on tune
I would love to see #3 in the gun with some RPOs called. Defenses would have to account for his legs. The first thing I hope we fix since we haven't all year is the constant high snaps. The D gets a full step nearly every play due to that. I would think that would be a simple fix. The one play 3 had at QB you didn't see Smacks D with ears penned back because they couldn't just key on the back. I am not going to get on here and bash our QB because some of the throws he is throwing to a spot and the routes may be cut off or the receivers may take a bad line. He is far from polished I will say that. I would love to see him set his feet and spin it with some touch but we have to block and not make him jump up to catch the snap every play in order for him to have time. In a nut shell I say it's not all on him but I also know we have some dynamic options that we could use.

BigBrother

Why don't u just head into carpenters office and tell him.I bet he would appreciate your wisdom.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas