• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jc at Smackover

Started by Monsta, October 14, 2016, 09:47:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsta

Game of the week...where all my buckaroo fans at?

3M

They are busy blaming the refs right now.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: 3M on October 14, 2016, 09:48:54 pm
They are busy blaming the refs right now.

You should learn to read. I'm not blaming the refs for the loss. I'm making my comments towards the officiating. I said we got outplayed in every aspect of the game. Now, move on. Like I am about to.

Yes, Monsta. I think this will be game of the week.

BUCK FEVER

dragondad#1

If the JC team from the first have shows up.. We are in trouble, but if that team that came out the 2nd have shows up...it will be a good night for the dragon faithful...

Proud Buckaroo

Is gray done with football?

dragondad#1

Not sure yet but I think so...check your pm

Proud Buckaroo

I texted you about 10 minutes ago.

Horse Shoe

If JC can play run to the right for 4 to 5 yards per play on us like Fordyce did, I predict another long night for our defense.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Horse Shoe on October 14, 2016, 10:24:37 pm
If JC can play run to the right for 4 to 5 yards per play on us like Fordyce did, I predict another long night for our defense.

Never made any adjustments for this play. Kept the gap on the DL the whole game. Giving them plenty of space to run.

THA TRUTH

If second half team shows up Jc might mercy rule but if first half team shows up it could be 05 all over again

Monsta

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 14, 2016, 10:46:54 pm
If second half team shows up Jc might mercy rule but if first half team shows up it could be 05 all over again
I agree truth Jc by 21 in this one

Longfellow

I predict that this will be close like the last two games between these teams. Junction by a last second, very debatable on whether or not he crossed the goal line run, followed closely by a 3-page argument on forward progress, and at least 2 comments about the refs being worse than Fouke's. All this leading to 2 vacations and a locked thread

WPWells

Excellent, plenty of time for me to keep my Friday night plans and then come back and pop popcorn and watch the action unfold

bleudog

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 14, 2016, 10:46:54 pm

2001  W, 33 -   0   
2002  W, 35 -   0   
2003  W, 61 -   0   
2004  W, 50 -   6   
2005   L, 21 - 41   
2006  W, 51 -   0                     
2007  W, 48 -   0                     
2008  W, 40 -   7                   
2009  W, 49 -   0                   
2014  W, 33 - 19                     
2015  W, 13 -   7

dragondad

October 15, 2016, 11:31:00 am #15 Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 11:37:20 am by dragondad
Scoring Avg through 7 games followed by Oponent win/loss

Junction City:  30.4 - 16.3  -- 29/17 = 63%

Smackover:  29.6 - 16.3 --  20/27 = 43%

Scoring Avg in-conference (4 games) followed by  Oponent win/loss

Junction City:  33.5 - 11.8  --  12/14 = 46%

Smackover:  33.5 - 9.5  --  10/16 = 38%

Captain Oblivion

I went and watched Smackover vs CHG in week 1. Since then Smackover has played pretty well from what I understand...until Friday. They will end up the 3 seed and irrelevant in 3A football for a while imo. Junction 41 Smackover 20

dragondad

3 seed from the 6 is not a good place to be,  they'll face the winner from the 4 in the second round.

ISU7

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dragondad on October 15, 2016, 10:21:56 pm
3 seed from the 6 is not a good place to be,  they'll face the winner from the 4 in the second round.

Smack over and Charleston seem to be destined to play yearly....

thabeast428

Should be a good game and could go either way. Jc isn't playing very good on offense other than the 2nd half to lakeside but their D is doing pretty good. Hopefully with Taylor and Cj in the backfield will help turn the offense around

Skip

If Gray is out does that hamper JCs offense much or do you have a stable of capable backs still?

dragondad

Quote from: Skip on October 16, 2016, 03:01:19 am
If Gray is out does that hamper JCs offense much or do you have a stable of capable backs still?

We'll be fine,  the stable is stocked full.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Skip on October 16, 2016, 03:01:19 am

Holes will be hit with Taylor and cj in the backfield... gray was a very talented kid but wouldnt always hit the holes made for him and try and bounce it outside

Monsta

The Dragons Were Good Before Gray Was Here and Will Be Good When He Is Gone. The Jc Team Does Not Depend on One Guy it's depends on 11 guys Doing Their Jobs and If all 11 does their Job We don't Have to Worry about who is the the backfield that will take care of its self

JC Guy

Monsta we got closer to that in the second half last Friday. I hope the kids come out this Friday night ready to prove a point. I want to see 11 flying to the ball, the O line stand tall pass blocking and give the QB time, when he has time set his feet and fire a strike, O line fire off on run plays and stay with your blocks and last but not least the front seven on D fill your gaps and never take a play off. If our kids come out every Friday with that mind set we will go far. Some of what I have been preaching was exposed last Friday and I hope that was an eye opener for a few more with the I  mentallity. Champions play for each other and never for them selves. The team is bigger than one. They need to understand that this is JC and hard work and dedication to team is the tradition that has ruled.

Proud Buckaroo

Someone told me that Lowe was 1-30 Friday night on passing...

THA TRUTH

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 16, 2016, 12:32:22 pm
That's a lie

I was just wondering. Because that sounded crazy.

THA TRUTH

Second half he completed quite a few good passes... he was putting more touch on the ball on the slants

JC Guy

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 16, 2016, 12:36:11 pm
Second half he completed quite a few good passes... he was putting more touch on the ball on the slants
First half he was like 3/12 but like TT said second half he was much better.

dragondad

He threw a few that should've been caught as well. 

Headhunter15

This will be the ugliest football game ever come Friday. Low scoring also

Monsta

Quote from: Headhunter15 on October 16, 2016, 07:22:11 pm
don't know about low scoring but Good Game

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Headhunter15 on October 16, 2016, 07:22:11 pm

Has smack over already turned the sprinklers on?

Captain Oblivion

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 16, 2016, 09:03:56 pm
Has smack over already turned the sprinklers on?
Surely not... they don't want to go 2 weeks in a row without scoring do they? ;D

buck98

No sprinklers, but someone was flying drone over the field and it had a crash landing on midfield and caught fire.  Had to call FD out and they put a tanker of water on field, but should drain right off and be back to normal by 1st week of playoffs.  May be a little damp Friday, but no worries, we have plenty of blow dryers and extension cords ready.

hootingowl

Hoping smackover beats junction city then loses to mcgehee. That will make the playoff seeding interesting

bleudog

"JUNCTION CITY (2) at Smackover: This old rivalry renewed in 2014 and Junction City has won the past two years 33-19 and 13-7. Smackover managed just 125 yards last week in a 26-0 loss to Fordyce, ending the Buckaroos' 18-game conference winning streak. With a win, Junction City head coach David Carpenter will surpass former Malvern coach David Alpe for career wins (240), which rank No. 10 in state history."

http://www.hootens.com/10-17-2016/class-3a-week-8-rankings-notes--picks/5965.html

STUNNA

dragondad

Quote from: STUNNA on October 18, 2016, 09:20:01 am
what happened to gray??

Tackled by his own ego and arrogance..... he gone!

Coltfan2005

It's not the playoffs.....so I pick Smackover to win. ;D

Headhunter15

How healthy is CJ? Heard he's been prone to minor injuries this season

THA TRUTH

Tweaked ankle but he was running harder than I've ever seen him run last Friday

dragondad

Quote from: Headhunter15 on October 18, 2016, 01:05:44 pm
How healthy is CJ? Heard he's been prone to minor injuries this season

Same injury,  not multiple.  He sprained it in the Bearden game and hasn't been back 100% all season but he hasn't quit trying.  Doc said nothings broken but scheduled for an MRI to make sure there's not something else going on.  He'll be fine for Smackover,  it didn't bother him much in the Lakeside game.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: dragondad on October 18, 2016, 02:17:39 pm
Same injury,  not multiple.  He sprained it in the Bearden game and hasn't been back 100% all season but he hasn't quit trying.  Doc said nothings broken but scheduled for an MRI to make sure there's not something else going on.  He'll be fine for Smackover,  it didn't bother him much in the Lakeside game.

Is CJ back at RB?

dragondad

Quote from: Dr. Defense on October 18, 2016, 02:45:42 pm
Is CJ back at RB?

I assume he'll be at RB some as well as slot.  He and Taylor are a good duo to swap out at RB.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: dragondad on October 18, 2016, 04:02:08 pm
I assume he'll be at RB some as well as slot.  He and Taylor are a good duo to swap out at RB.

I was impressed with Taylor on defense when I watched you guys against England

dragondad

Taylor is a hard runner,  and a hard hitter.  Well have our DB'S back that was out last week as well.

Monsta

I'm ready to watch some Dragon Football..If they Play Like Did Second Half Of Lake Village It's Go To Be a great night for the guys in purple and white

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas