• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cedarville at Lamar

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, October 14, 2016, 09:00:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MICHAELSPAPPY

Not as easy to answer until we know about the health of the Warriors, but I think Lamar takes this one.

TheTruth2010

With HD Warriors by 30. Without by 7

Clara Allen

We should bounce back 
Charleston is just good folks.  I think they would have challenged some 6 or 7A schools.  That QB was hitting on all cylinders last night and we are still making pee wee errors.  Something about playing in Charleston gets in our head really bad.  And that stupid cougartiger mess.......and the Hunchback bell...Perhaps we need to look at sound effects
Regardless of who is on the field next Friday, we should win and by a pretty good margin.  Home field advantage for the remainder of the regular season is going to be very helpful.  I actually saw some bright spots last night and some pretty nice play from some guys who needed to have some good plays. 

Yes we missed several key players last night, but as a team, we need to figure out how to adapt to that because injuries happen all the time to every team.  You have to adapt to what you have for any given game.  Woulda shoulda coulda doesn't cut it.  I'm not trying to be a downer either. If we look at the remaining three games as a new season, we should win all three games.  These guys can do it.  I'm hoping HD, Ross, and some of the others who were standing are dressed out next week.  I hope the ones last night who got banged up are healed up and ready to exact revenge for the loss against the Pirates.  And the Gators, and the Eagles...

ChucktownTiger

Yalls back up QB came in and played pretty good and made some good passes. I think y'all win by 3-4 TD's with or with or without HD. I think you really missed him on D last night.

macadoshis

I agree CT, we missed HD, Barrientos, and Ross more on defense than anything.  And I agree that Tiger roar sounds more like he's trying to cough up a hairball.  But the other sound effects I love.  The bell is awesome.   As far as the Tigers go, they started off a little slow as some have said they would but once they got going it was a sight to see.
HD and Barrientos will be day to day I think as far as when they get back, but as far as Ross, heck be 100% for Monday's practice. (your injury report brought to you by DJ's Gas and Grocery in Lamar, where you can get hot meals everyday along with all your other needs. You'll always be greeted with a friendly face)
I look for us o bounce back and get this three game win streak underway to finish out the regular season and get ready for some playoffs. 

BAMA#16

Lamar will win the remaining games on their schedule, and should get everyone healthy for the playoffs.

Red Devil Dad

This should be a good game for Lamar to get back to the win column. With or without HD this is a win. Hope ya'll can get healthy and make a good run going into the playoffs.

MICHAELSPAPPY

We definitely need to finish with a run. Can't afford to stub our toes now.

Clara Allen

Quote from: macadoshis on October 15, 2016, 09:10:13 am
I agree CT, we missed HD, Barrientos, and Ross more on defense than anything.  And I agree that Tiger roar sounds more like he's trying to cough up a hairball.  But the other sound effects I love.  The bell is awesome.   As far as the Tigers go, they started off a little slow as some have said they would but once they got going it was a sight to see.
HD and Barrientos will be day to day I think as far as when they get back, but as far as Ross, heck be 100% for Monday's practice. (your injury report brought to you by DJ's Gas and Grocery in Lamar, where you can get hot meals everyday along with all your other needs. You'll always be greeted with a friendly face)
I look for us o bounce back and get this three game win streak underway to finish out the regular season and get ready for some playoffs.

I talked to Ross on the sideline last night.  That bug knocked him for a loop but he is rating to go next week. Scrappy kid who gets after it!

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: macadoshis on October 15, 2016, 09:10:13 am

It would be nice for the seniors to go out with some playoff success. And a little post-season experience is always good for the kids coming back next year. And a strong freshman class coming up next season. The future looks good.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Our future is in our own hands. At this point Atkins and C-ton are both 4-0. Cedarville and TR are both 0-4. The other four teams are tied at 2-2. Three of them will get a playoff spot, one will be left out. I assume 3rd place will get a home game first round?

Mansfield and Perryville play this next Friday, so one of them will drop out of the 2-loss tie.

Ned_Flanders

Perryville will beat Mansfield

ChucktownTiger

I'm with Ned. Perryville wins by 2+ TD's

beach bum

Mansfield probably won't, but I think they have a tiny shot at beating Perryville. I will still take Perryville by a score or 2..... I will take Charleston in a mercy rule over Atkins this week too. If the Lamar QB is out Cedarville will have a shot at the upset. With him healthy it changes everything obviously.

ChucktownTiger

NO WAY Cedarville beats Lamar NO WAY. Davenport is a heck of a player but that back up QB did a good job. Their D obviously struggled but if anything I think they can still outscore the Pirates. Now will Lamar go and make a run in the playoffs NO, will they get past the first round, probably not but they will beat the Pirates

MICHAELSPAPPY

We just need a game where we play really well. Get the bad taste out of our mouths. It would be nice if we could get all hands on deck, of course.

macadoshis

I thought our backup held his own last week.  Looks like a full week of practice for most of the ones who had to sit out last week.  We need to finish strong these last three weeks starting Friday.  We will be ready. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

I still think this can be a pretty fair team if we get everyone healthy and firing on all cylinders. And, of course, every game means that much more experience for all those younger players. I'm optimistic.

The Dynasty

I'd like to touch on a view things:

1) Lamar rolls Cedarville this week
2) The Tiger sounds like he does because his throat is hoarse. We've scored so much this year his vocal chords barley get a break.
3) The 3rd seed in our conference gets a home game and the 4 from the 3. That is a very winnable game for Lamar.

jazdill

October 17, 2016, 12:20:15 pm #19 Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 12:24:28 pm by jazdill
Lamar defense has been pretty decent all season. Clarksville and Mt Ida games were near wins because of defense. Atkins game was winning because of defensive effort. Atkins ended up picking on 3rd string corner and hit lamar with two big plays for TD. Charleston only scored once rather quickly rest of the time at least lamar d made them work and drive ball. I thought defense actually did better than expected against Charleston. Charleston o is pretty darn good. Can not give them short field 2 times in first half and expect them not to score. Bottom line is lamar has to score more points.

xadboy

Lamar really needs to come together and play team ball. Saw to many finger pointing and yelling at each other. If we can come together, we could win out, plus maybe win first round playoff game. We could get some valuable experience for next year. The future looks bright for us.

Ned_Flanders

Quote from: jazdill on October 17, 2016, 12:20:15 pm
Lamar defense has been pretty decent all season. Clarksville and Mt Ida games were near wins because of defense. Atkins game was winning because of defensive effort. Atkins ended up picking on 3rd string corner and hit lamar with two big plays for TD. Charleston only scored once rather quickly rest of the time at least lamar d made them work and drive ball. I thought defense actually did better than expected against Charleston. Charleston o is pretty darn good. Can not give them short field 2 times in first half and expect them not to score. Bottom line is lamar has to score more points.

I could be wrong, but 37-0 @ half isn't having to work to score. 😂😂

Clara Allen

Ned, were you there?
He is correct.  Charleston didn't exactly walk into the end zone.  For a bunch of young players, they did play some tough defense.  I'm not taking one thing away from Charleston- their offense is pretty dang good. I know to you, 37-0 tells everything.  Not exactly. 

macadoshis

Ned, you're not helping yourself out if you ever come to Lamar.  Might not be any nanner puddin for you😂😂😂😂😂

Clara Allen

Quote from: macadoshis on October 18, 2016, 04:28:38 am
Ned, you're not helping yourself out if you ever come to Lamar.  Might not be any nanner puddin for you😂😂😂😂😂
Wouldn't give him any anyhow.....

Ned_Flanders

I'm not a fan of pudding.   I'm more of a cake and pie kinda guy.

Ned_Flanders

Warriors2 that's not very nice...   I bet you would give me some.   You just don't seem like that kind of person that would hold out dessert on a guy.

adaptedtigerfan

There better be some nanner puddin in the refs locker room for friday night.  😂

macadoshis

Are there any Cedarville posters?  Ned, you don't hang around Pirate country do you

Ned_Flanders

I have been on the deck of a big boat.   Does that count?

macadoshis

Quote from: Ned_Flanders on October 18, 2016, 05:16:12 am
I have been on the deck of a big boat.   Does that count?
Close enough in my book

MICHAELSPAPPY

ChucktownTiger

Cedarville lost to Mansfield right?

adaptedtigerfan

ChucktownTiger

Wowzers Lamar should win this one by at least 3 TDs probably more

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 18, 2016, 04:39:35 am
There better be some nanner puddin in the refs locker room for friday night.  😂

Sounds like both teams are doomed.

Mr.Bearded

Perryville only beat cedarville by 3 and they competed with Lamar till the last 3 minutes of the game when Lamar took a 2 score lead. But Cedarville doesn't have the defense to pull it off they may hang around in the first half but Lamar pulls away in the second half. Lamar by 20

Clara Allen

Quote from: Ned_Flanders on October 18, 2016, 04:37:15 am
Warriors2 that's not very nice...   I bet you would give me some.   You just don't seem like that kind of person that would hold out dessert on a guy.
Depends who you ask...
Generally not but here lately..

warriors#32

Quote from: Ned_Flanders on October 18, 2016, 04:11:59 am
I could be wrong, but 37-0 @ half isn't having to work to score. 😂😂
it was special teams that hurt us and we were out a few key players on d so not sure if u were at the game but there you go

BigWillie#12

Well looks like Lamar just lose its best wide receiver #7

Proud Buckaroo

BigWillie#12

beach bum

Quote from: BigWillie#12 on October 19, 2016, 10:11:52 pm
He moved to Southside

In the middle of a season? Smells fishy to me....

macadoshis

Quote from: beach bum on October 19, 2016, 10:39:01 pm
In the middle of a season? Smells fishy to me....
There were some issues outside of football.  He didn't transfer to play. Just to finish school. 

The Dynasty

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on October 18, 2016, 04:17:37 am
Ned, were you there?
He is correct.  Charleston didn't exactly walk into the end zone.  For a bunch of young players, they did play some tough defense.  I'm not taking one thing away from Charleston- their offense is pretty dang good. I know to you, 37-0 tells everything.  Not exactly.

What does 37-0 at halftime tell you other than you need to go start the car. Nothing good should be taken from being down that much at halftime.

beach bum

Quote from: The Dynasty on October 20, 2016, 09:57:04 am
What does 37-0 at halftime tell you other than you need to go start the car. Nothing good should be taken from being down that much at halftime.

That is a point I will bring up that I respect Charleston and its coaches a lot. They do not run the score up on anyone. They could score 55 points or more in all their games but they do not. They yank offensive starters super super early. Lots of respect for that. They win with class IMO as an outsider watching them.

The Dynasty

Quote from: beach bum on October 20, 2016, 10:17:17 am
That is a point I will bring up that I respect Charleston and its coaches a lot. They do not run the score up on anyone. They could score 55 points or more in all their games but they do not. They yank offensive starters super super early. Lots of respect for that. They win with class IMO as an outsider watching them.

They are a very classy bunch. It's been like that as far back as I can remember with Coach Adams.

BigWillie#12

Respect ??? I don't have any respect for Charleston they run the score up on everyone and that dont play with good sportsmanship and they coaches are a bunch of cry baby

WPWells

Quote from: BigWillie#12 on October 20, 2016, 11:32:54 am
Respect ??? I don't have any respect for Charleston they run the score up on everyone and that dont play with good sportsmanship and they coaches are a bunch of cry baby

Examples?

adaptedtigerfan

One example Fred... you just ate a double willow leaf spinnerbait all the way down and got hooked behind the tongue.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas