• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Piggott at Newport

Started by HOUND15, October 03, 2016, 10:50:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HOUND15

Piggott (5-0, 2-0) comes to Newport (4-1, 2-0) Friday night in what could be the conference championship. This game already has all the hype to be a very good one.

Bwana

State champs 2010

beach bum

The Ref

FNLsupporter

sprained ankle

I think Piggott is going to get tested this week. They haven't played anybody as of yet. I going with the Hounds 28-14

birddawg1986

Piggott no doubt has been the surprise team not only in this conference, but in all of 3A thus far. Think the hounds dropping in classification this year will be too much for the Mohawks to overcome. Greyhounds by 17

Coltfan2005

Quote from: sprained ankle on October 03, 2016, 03:38:38 pm
I think Piggott is going to get tested this week. They haven't played anybody as of yet. I going with the Hounds 28-14

So, you are saying the Colts aren't anybody? They beat the team that beat Newport. Power rankings have Newport at 89.8 but Piggott is 14th in 3A with 84.2. Piggott is going to pound the ball better than any team Newport has played this year. their offensive and defensive lines are dominating other teams and their huge plus is the discipline they play with.

sprained ankle

Rivercrest has given up 140 pts on defense. Hounds 40 pts. WR pounds the ball also,and is very physical.. It should be a Heck of a football game. Hounds 28-Piggott 14

ISU7

I think Newport wins this at home.

HOUND15

I just heard this game was Hooten's football 3A game of the week. Any truth to that?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HOUND15 on October 03, 2016, 07:55:15 pm
I just heard this game was Hooten's football 3A game of the week. Any truth to that?

Hooten's isn't even out yet.. As far as I know.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: HOUND15 on October 03, 2016, 07:55:15 pm
Don't know, but it should be up there in my opinion!

HOUND15

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 03, 2016, 08:00:44 pm
Hooten's isn't even out yet.. As far as I know.

Yeah I checked the website and saw that it wasn't posted yet. Y'all know how word travels. That's just the word around Jackson County. Was gonna see if anybody else had heard it even before Hooten's posted it.

mtindian42

Hounds will win this 34 to 13

BAMA#16

This game could very well decide conference, very interesting matchup.

sprained ankle

NEWPORT-Piggott.     Hootens game of the week

Proud Buckaroo

I'm going with Piggott for the win..

Paperman

I have seen both teams! Greyhounds are athletic and have speed advantage over the Mohawks! Piggott is very disciplined, they are well coached and don't make a lot of mistakes. Something pushes me toward picking Newport, they are at home. But, i think this one may come down to heart! If that is the case, then, I have to go with the Mohawks! They just seem to refuse to lose! So my pick is Piggott, 27-15!

sprained ankle

Quote from: Paperman on October 04, 2016, 07:18:57 am
I have seen both teams! Greyhounds are athletic and have speed advantage over the Mohawks! Piggott is very disciplined, they are well coached and don't make a lot of mistakes. Something pushes me toward picking Newport, they are at home. But, i think this one may come down to heart! If that is the case, then, I have to go with the Mohawks! They just seem to refuse to lose! So my pick is Piggott, 27-15!
You had Walnut Ridge last week right. Newport 28- Piggott 14

jacketracket

Gosnell beat Newport 14-20.    Rivercrest beat Gosnell 32-26.  Piggott beat Rivercrest 27-13.  None of that really matters, but you don't go 5-0 by not being sound & a disciplined football team. 

Bias

So what your saying is if Newport protects the ball better than they did in Gosnell they get the win. Or is it Piggott makes no mistakes and they win

biker_harley87

Newport beat Newport against Gosnell. turn overs kill. But you can't play it again. Newport should beat Piggott. Turn overs and yellow flags can beat Newport. NP 24 / P 20

ISU7

Quote from: biker_harley87 on October 05, 2016, 01:47:21 am
Newport beat Newport against Gosnell. turn overs kill. But you can't play it again. Newport should beat Piggott. Turn overs and yellow flags can beat Newport. NP 24 / P 20
I guess Newport score Gosnell touchdowns for them.😜😝

biker_harley87

biker_harley87

I think it's going to be a outstand game. I went to school in Piggot many years ago. Live and work in or around Newport for 28 years. Go Hounds.

Paperman

Quote from: sprained ankle on October 04, 2016, 07:35:17 am
Quote from: biker_harley87 on October 05, 2016, 01:47:21 am
Both of these statements are accurate! Piggott has not made mistakes! Unless Newport can change that Mohawks get the win!

sprained ankle

Quote from: Paperman on October 05, 2016, 04:23:47 am
Both of these statements are accurate! Piggott has not made mistakes! Unless Newport can change that Mohawks get the win!
After Newport beats Piggott we may need to start a new thread. Let's call it "Hound Haters"
Newport 28-Piggott 14

redandgray

Piggott isn't great, but they are very solid and extremely well coached.  What they do, they do really well.  Those kids play with full effort every play also.  They just don't beat themselves that often.  You will have to earn everything.  I really don't know much about Newport except they are young and play pretty good defense.

luxora4life

Quote from: redandgray on October 05, 2016, 08:18:11 am
Piggott isn't great, but they are very solid and extremely well coached.  What they do, they do really well.  Those kids play with full effort every play also.  They just don't beat themselves that often.  You will have to earn everything.  I really don't know much about Newport except they are young and play pretty good defense.

That's a great assessment of Piggott.

Paperman

Quote from: sprained ankle on October 05, 2016, 05:50:09 am
After Newport beats Piggott we may need to start a new thread. Let's call it "Hound Haters"
Newport 28-Piggott 14
Why wait? lol🏈👍😎

Nomad1324

As much as I like seeing Piggott returning to success, I think Newport probably wins this one by two scores.

2wordsdefense

Quote from: sprained ankle on October 04, 2016, 07:35:17 am

Sprained, Paperman is a Hound Hater.  A sense maybe a little jealousy?  This one will be close with Newport scoring a late one to finish it off.  Piggott is going to physical and disciplined. Newport needs to move the ball without relying on the big play.  27-20 Newport.

HOUND15

I think it's going to be a close game. That I believe is a strong statement. I'm a little biased you can say, but I believe Newport wins 28-16

Paperman

Quote from: 2wordsdefense on October 05, 2016, 12:50:08 pm
Sprained, Paperman is a Hound Hater.  A sense maybe a little jealousy?  This one will be close with Newport scoring a late one to finish it off.  Piggott is going to physical and disciplined. Newport needs to move the ball without relying on the big play.  27-20 Newport.
I actually don't hate Newport! I just like to keep conversations moving! 👍🏈

Paperman

Quote from: 2wordsdefense on October 05, 2016, 12:50:08 pm
I actually don't hate Newport! I just like to keep conversations moving! 👍🏈

ISU7

I was at the Newport vs Gosnell. game Newport should have won that game by two tds. key turnovers on big drives stalled them inside the red zone. I still say the Black and Orange wins this one. BTW,Newport field goal kicker is a weapon. He can kick a game winner if needed.  Good luck too both teams. Praying for safe travels and an injury free game. Go 3-3A..

sprained ankle

Sprained Ankle is ready for Friday Night Football. May the best teams win. Go Hounds

Paperman

Bias

I'm flipping a coin someone call it.

HOUND15

It's Friday!! Ready to watch this game! Go Hounds!

sprained ankle

Want be long till they turn that pack of Hounds loose and the Mohawks will be screaming "Who Let the Dogs Out" lol

Bias

Who who who still says that.

HOUND15

Headed to the game now! Safe travels for everybody. Good luck to both teams. GO HOUNDS

GreyColt

HOUND15

End of the 1st Quarter... NEWPORT 0 vs PIGGOTT 0!

ISU7

HOUND15

Newport with a score right before half to take momentum. Newport 7 - Piggott 0

Bias

Sounds like a good game anybody got WR OSC score?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas