• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Piggott at Rivercrest

Started by redandgray, September 26, 2016, 09:54:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redandgray

Thoughts on this one?  Sounds like Piggott is very solid.  Praying for both teams' safety and for safe travels for Piggott and their fans.  Ready for Friday night!

Paperman

Piggott doesn't have large numbers, but they are indeed solid, disciplined, well coached, and all the other phrases you can come up with to describe a good football team. I didn't think they could beat Osceola by 5 touchdowns, but they sure proved me wrong. I haven't seen the Colts in person in two weeks, but they have obviously worked some things out. They will have to play solid ball to win this game, even at home. Piggott is no pushover, trust me.

MynameisJeff

bigchief72455

This game and Walnut Ridge vs. Newport are going to be big games for the 3-3A.

redandgray

I agree.  Watched some game film on Piggott.  Very solid.  Very well coached.  Colts will have their work cut out for them.

Coltfan2005

Rivercrest defense is going to have to step up. I believe that the Colts can score some points against Piggott but the defense will win or lose this one.

sprained ankle

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 26, 2016, 03:36:23 pm
This game and Walnut Ridge vs. Newport are going to be big games for the 3-3A.
.   The HOUNDS will light up Walnut Ridge !!!

ISU7

Paperman

It will come down to defense! Piggott has a strong ground game! Stop the run, you stop the Mohawks! Colts will have to play flawless football!

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on September 26, 2016, 10:27:33 pm
It will come down to defense! Piggott has a strong ground game! Stop the run, you stop the Mohawks! Colts will have to play flawless football!
So will the Mohawks. .

Paperman

State champs 2010

I do believe we were having this same conversation this time last year? piggot a improved team. And the colts would have to play "flawless football". Hope it's the same outcome this Friday as it was last year! Go colts!!

ISU7

Quote from: State champs 2010 on September 27, 2016, 10:19:18 pm
I do believe we were having this same conversation this time last year? piggot a improved team. And the colts would have to play "flawless football". Hope it's the same outcome this Friday as it was last year! Go colts!!
Yep both teams had the exact same records they have this season.  Some seem to forgot what team made it to the 2015 3A State Finals and who's the defending conference champs. 😄😜 Good luck to both teams. Praying for an injury free game and safe travels too the Mohawks. 🚗🚕🚍🚍

Heisman Pose

Great job last year but this is 2016. Different team, different season.

bigchief72455

Quote from: ISU7 on September 28, 2016, 01:37:11 am
Yep both teams had the exact same records they have this season.  Some seem to forgot what team made it to the 2015 3A State Finals and who's the defending conference champs. 😄😜 Good luck to both teams. Praying for an injury free game and safe travels too the Mohawks. 🚗🚕🚍🚍
If you apply that logic then why is Harding Academy 1-3?

sprained ankle

Coltfan2005

Quote from: ISU7 on September 28, 2016, 01:37:11 am

Not really on-board with this line of reasoning.

ISU7

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 28, 2016, 08:00:38 am
Didn't know HA season was only 4games. 😄😱

ISU7

bigchief72455

Quote from: ISU7 on September 29, 2016, 02:59:59 am
Didn't know HA season was only 4games. 😄😱
Oh yeah I forgot this is the 3A. You can lose 3 or 4 and still be in the title game.

luxora4life

September 29, 2016, 10:12:30 am #20 Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:15:18 am by luxora4life
Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 29, 2016, 08:01:18 am
Oh yeah I forgot this is the 3A. You can lose 3 or 4 and still be in the title game.

Or like  7A 2014 State Champs Bentonville who started their season off 0-4!  Sometime winning a title is all about getting hot at the right time no matter what classification a team play in.

bigchief72455

Relax. I'm just messing with you guys. We all know that records mean nothing once you are in the playoffs. If we can't pick at each other some it just isn't fun.

OB11

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 29, 2016, 08:01:18 am

I'd rather lose 3 or 4 and play for a title than win 10 or 11 in a row and lose in first or second round.

redandgray

Can someone from Piggott send me a high quality photo of the helmet logo?  I saw the tomahawk with feathers that says "MOHAWKS" but the helmet pic I saw was so grainy I couldn't see any detail.  I'm needing to create a graphic for the match-up.  Just message me and I'll give you my email address.  The quicker the better.  Thanks!

THA TRUTH

Piggott just cause rivercrest isn't any good

Coltfan2005

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 29, 2016, 03:37:56 pm
Piggott just cause rivercrest isn't any good

Ah, the opinion of a disheartening fellow who vainly undertakes to assuage his own perception of the woebegone presence he must continually face while dwelling in his progenitor's subterranean chamber. 

THA TRUTH

The exact one I wanted to reply lol

Coltfan2005

I am not in this world to live up to your expectations. Rather, you should strive to live up to mine. Always seek to better yourself in this world, it may keep you from a disappointing existence.

THA TRUTH

I've been raised to never brag on my accomplishments so I'll leave that to the ones who need to compensate

Coltfan2005

"False humility is quite like the worst of both worlds: both that of Meekness and that of Conceit."
― Criss Jami

THA TRUTH

Good thing false doesn't apply

Coltfan2005

A liar begins with making falsehood appear like truth, and ends with making truth itself appear like falsehood.

THA TRUTH

Kinda how u tried to make rivercrest out to be a team worthy of talking about???

ISU7

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 29, 2016, 10:23:11 am
Relax. I'm just messing with you guys. We all know that records mean nothing once you are in the playoffs. If we can't pick at each other some it just isn't fun.
Ha Ha Luxora4life gotcha. Now you relax.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 28, 2016, 08:00:38 am

To answer the question, a complete new coaching staff in addition to losing the quarterback and entire offensive line. Under those circumstances it takes a while to get oriented. But don't count them out by the time playoffs come around.

Back to the Colts. Unless they have a completely new coaching staff in addition to losing the best running back in 3A, and possibly the best in any class, the comparison doesn't fly.

bigchief72455

Quote from: ISU7 on September 30, 2016, 07:28:07 am
Ha Ha Luxora4life gotcha. Now you relax.
If I relaxed anymore they would have to check my pulse. lol. Good luck to those Colts tonight.

ISU7

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 30, 2016, 02:41:34 pm
If I relaxed anymore they would have to check my pulse. lol. Good luck to those Colts tonight.
Lol

Coltfan2005

well, at halftime it looks like Piggott vs Newport for the conf.

Coltfan2005

Mixed feelings. Rivercrest alum and Piggott resident for some time.

ISU7

September 30, 2016, 09:14:04 pm #39 Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:32:25 pm by ISU7
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 30, 2016, 07:47:57 pm
well, at halftime it looks like Piggott vs Newport for the conf.
Do Piggott not have to play WR and Manila?  It could come down to points in this conference.

redandgray

Congrats to Piggott. They just straight up whipped us. Good luck the rest of the way.

OB11

Big win for the Mohawks.  Congrats

ISU7

Outstanding job by coach Harrell and his undefeated Mohawks team. I guess they are who we thought they were. 😄  Good luck to both teams next week.

State champs 2010

Young inexperienced players... #3 is a heck of a athlete and I agree he is the future of this team. But there's just to many mistakes being made right now.. Got a senior QB that you have at WR that lead them through the playoffs last year, made every throw he was asked to make.. #3 needs to be reciver and #7 needs to be taking most of the snaps.. you have to make the big time plays in big time games.. And the trick plays has got to go.. There's a time for that.. Not every time you wanna throw the ball.. If you wanna throw it line up and throw the ball.. The colts are shooting there selfs in the foot.. Hope they can figure something out next week..

ISU7

Quote from: State champs 2010 on September 30, 2016, 09:44:56 pm
Young inexperienced players... #3 is a heck of a athlete and I agree he is the future of this team. But there's just to many mistakes being made right now.. Got a senior QB that you have at WR that lead them through the playoffs last year, made every throw he was asked to make.. #3 needs to be reciver and #7 needs to be taking most of the snaps.. you have to make the big time plays in big time games.. And the trick plays has got to go.. There's a time for that.. Not every time you wanna throw the ball.. If you wanna throw it line up and throw the ball.. The colts are shooting there selfs in the foot.. Hope they can figure something out next week..
Skill players out of position. And as usual play calling.  Sometimes a good athlete makes the bad play calling look good. Still great job by Piggott and their coaching staff. Nice game plan. #Regroup Colts it still a long season. .

State champs 2010

luxora4life

I thought the colts played hard, especially in the 2nd half. They just got out man tonight.  # 6 and 32 only played 2 or 3 minutes in the first quarter before sitting the rest of the game out.  Yet, the colts still had their opportunities.  The players that filled in played hard.

State champs 2010

These kids played there heart out.. That's not the problem.. Piggot is a very good football team. But the colts have so much more talent and potential then what they showed.. Have the right talent in the wrong positions..

ISU7

Colts Seniors need to step up and lead this team. Colts young players are play makers and the team need to realize this and Pull together and support each other. Don't worry about who getting carries who scoring who doing this and that It still RiverCrest.  So start playing with heart and not jealously.  PLAY TOGETHER. ..

State champs 2010

Quote from: ISU7 on September 30, 2016, 11:08:51 pm
Colts Seniors need to step up and lead this team. Colts young players are play makers and the team need to realize this and Pull together and support each other. Don't worry about who getting carries who scoring who doing this and that It still RiverCrest.  So start playing with heart and not jealously.  PLAY TOGETHER. ..
nobody is worried about who's gettin carries.. Who's scoring... Blah blah blah.. 2 seniors scored tonight if I'm not mistaken.. If the young players are the playmakers then they need to show it on the field.. And not against Corning or another weaker team.. I agree they need to come together.. Quickly..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas