• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In Search of a 1U Travel Team

Started by WPWells, June 03, 2015, 12:11:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

I know a little girl that's less than a year old but man she can crawl around them bases and she hits people pretty hard so I'm sure she could hit one of them softballs. She needs to find her a team for the summer so that momma and daddy can have some photo-ops to show the world just how proud they are of their little darling

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on June 03, 2015, 12:11:37 am
I know a little girl that's less than a year old but man she can crawl around them bases and she hits people pretty hard so I'm sure she could hit one of them softballs. She needs to find her a team for the summer so that momma and daddy can have some photo-ops to show the world just how proud they are of their little darling

Awesome... Guess her parents had her cross training at 6 weeks.   My kind of parent!

BLUEBLOOD

Need to tweak those 2U rules a bit.  30 second timeout for a diaper change?  We aren't a NASCAR pit crew!!  Plus my daughter plays outfield.....which is totally wrong.  Coach's kid on Shortstop (of course).  By this fall all our players will be walking and we will really be tough to beat then.

skydiver

This is some good stuff here.  lol.  I've got one question, is this going to be co-ed?

WPWells

Of course it is! Girls are always better than boys and they need the chance to prove it on the field

BLUEBLOOD

And NO PACIFIERS!!! Skydiver, that means for the parents too!!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on June 03, 2015, 12:53:31 pm
And NO PACIFIERS!!! Skydiver, that means for the parents too!!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Boom.   But are blankets still acceptable in the dugout?

WPWells

Yes but they have to be pre-approved by the umpires

skydiver

Can they wear pullups or do they have to wear a diaper?  I can already see this not being fair.  Some kids can walk by one year and some cant. I feel like as long as the walkers keep one hand on the ground at all times it should be ok though.

LuckoftheIrish

If you can walk it's "A" ball, if not, its "C".

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: skydiver on June 03, 2015, 02:21:37 pm
Can they wear pullups or do they have to wear a diaper?  I can already see this not being fair.  Some kids can walk by one year and some cant. I feel like as long as the walkers keep one hand on the ground at all times it should be ok though.

What a old schooler that uses cloth ?  Is there going to be blanket testing or what?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: LuckoftheIrish on June 03, 2015, 03:38:13 pm
If you can walk it's "A" ball, if not, its "C".

Rec teams can't walk or crawl.  "B" class is if 50% or less of your team is walking.  LOL.  Don't let this out but I'm joining an organization and starting a brand new team for 4U Elite Select Travel Tournament ball.

baller72

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Funny thing is, somewhere out there, some daddy/mommy coach is thinking "Hey, that's not a bad idea!" Start 'em early! LOl

Sweet

Is she willing to move up to 3U? There's a 3U team forming in Sparkman.

Bulldog92

Do all of you posting on this thread simply believe that a girl should just play for her high school or in the local league?

WPWells

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Bulldog92 on June 08, 2015, 11:47:41 am
Do all of you posting on this thread simply believe that a girl should just play for her high school or in the local league?

I think the general idea is that the parents are the ones who mess it up.  I've been guilty as some other posters on here have I'm sure.  Each kid is different.  Elite select tournament travel ball isn't for every kid or family situation.  Softball is supposed to be fun at any level.

I couldn't help but notice how many smiles I saw while watching the WCWS.....and only 1 team ended their season with a win.  This is a high school softball forum and I fully support high school softball, might even have a kid or 2 playing.  I have also been around travel ball and it's very obvious that the girls out there are a direct reflection of their parents and fans.

;D ;D ;D 1U practice today from 1-6.  We will get (2) water breaks and that's it!!!

jujudog

General guidelines for parents at 1u travel ball games:       1. Change diapers before games, not during.
                                                                                 2. Chants, in gibberrish are ok, even encouraged.
                                                                                 3. Playing music is ok, lulabys or not.(please screen music, no profanity)
                                                                                 4. Charging the mound because you deliberatly got hit is ok, to give hugs is not.
                                                                                 5. Game will be called if a puppy/kitten gets loose.
                                                                                 6. There is no crying in 1u travel ball!

Bulldog92

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on June 09, 2015, 07:55:26 am

I think the general idea is that the parents are the ones who mess it up.  I've been guilty as some other posters on here have I'm sure.  Each kid is different.  Elite select tournament travel ball isn't for every kid or family situation.  Softball is supposed to be fun at any level.

I couldn't help but notice how many smiles I saw while watching the WCWS.....and only 1 team ended their season with a win.  This is a high school softball forum and I fully support high school softball, might even have a kid or 2 playing.  I have also been around travel ball and it's very obvious that the girls out there are a direct reflection of their parents and fans.

;D ;D ;D 1U practice today from 1-6.  We will get (2) water breaks and that's it!!!
How are girls supposed to get prepared for High School ball?  How did the girls in the WCW get to the level they are?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Bulldog92 on June 10, 2015, 08:27:38 am

How are girls supposed to get prepared for High School ball?  How did the girls in the WCW get to the level they are?

Wrestling bears at the county fair??
:) :) ;D ;D

Lionheart88

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on June 10, 2015, 08:31:46 am

Wrestling bears at the county fair??
:) :) ;D ;D
Well no wonder Arkansas doesn't produce much talent.  Wrestling bears has been illegal since 1989:

Quote from: Arkansas Code
5-62-124.  Unlawful bear exploitation.

(a) A person commits the offense of unlawful bear exploitation if he or she knowingly:

(1) Promotes, engages in, or is employed at a bear wrestling match;

(2) Receives money for the admission of another person to a place kept for bear wrestling;

(3) Sells, purchases, possesses, or trains a bear for bear wrestling; or

(4) For purposes of exploitation, subjects a bear to surgical alteration in any form, including, but not limited to, declawing, tooth removal, and severing tendons.

(b) Unlawful bear exploitation is a Class D felony.

(c) Upon the arrest of any person for violating a provision of this section, the arresting law enforcement officer or animal control officer may seize and take custody of any bear in the possession of the arrested person.

(d)  (1) Upon the conviction of any person for violating a provision of this section, any court of competent jurisdiction may order the forfeiture by the convicted person of any bear the use of which was the basis of the conviction.

(2) Any bear ordered forfeited under a provision of this section shall be placed in the custody of a society which is incorporated for the prevention of cruelty to animals.

(e) In addition to the fines, penalties, and forfeitures imposed under a provision of this section, the court may require the defendant to make restitution to the state, any of its political subdivisions, or a society which is incorporated for the prevention of cruelty to animals for housing, feeding, or providing medical treatment to a bear used for unlawful wrestling.

HISTORY: Acts 1989, No. 346, ยง 1.

BIG_K

;D USSSA Travel or ASA Gold Showcase??

LowerAR

Well, I've been hated much for my commits, but I don't worry about what people think. Girls need to play for their school because they are proud of it and who they are and where they come from. Some girls who have awsome talent and play lesser skill postions may not need to play travel ball. For most though, D-1 talent comes through practice and exposure. For a pitcher to stand on the mound and go hard against a great team where every girl is signed D-1 or D-2 usually is a learned skill not natural. Some say we don't have the talent of TX girls, where do you think those girls get that skill and ability. I went to a large showcase this weekend and saw coaches recruiting everywhere, but there were no highschool teams. Some teams were totally ignored while the better teams were swarmed by coaches. No one looked twice at the team we picked up with until we played a team from MS that is considered a power house, then they were everywhere. I don't like the system anymore than the next guy, but it is what it is.
I'll be back with a 1U pitcher in a few years, ya'll keep working.           

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas