• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Region & State Tournament Results for 2015

Started by 3 Dollar, May 10, 2015, 07:02:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

Please post scores/results of the 4A - 2015 Region Tournament games and the 4A - State Tournament games here.

Thank You!

NEA Razorback olfan

East Regional games at Pocahontas have been moved to Tuesday, same times

500 hitter

Mena wins south regional
Bauxite is runner up
Monticello 3 rd seed
Nashville 4 th seed
I believe that's how it turned out.

Panthers44

dlo222

Bauxite beat Trumann 10-0. Anyone know about Gravette vs Nashville and Heber Springs vs Pea Ridge?

500 hitter

500 hitter

Panthers44

dlo222

Billygoat

~WPS~

~WPS~

Nashville beat Lonoke 13-2

Semifinals
Mena vs Brookland
Bauxite vs Nashville

7-4A dominance!

NEA Razorback olfan

May 16, 2015, 03:09:43 pm #12 Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 03:17:08 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Mena 8
Brookland 0
Final

Great Season Brookland Lady Bearcats!!!

~WPS~

Bondfan4ever

Congratulations to Bauxite and especially their Head Coach Sara Tew.  The Lady Miners are not only making their first ever trip to a state championship game in softball, but this was the first year EVER for Bauxite to make the state tournament. Another piece of trivia is that Coach Tew is the youngest head coach to take a team to a softball title game. I would be curious if there has been another father daughter duo take teams to championship games.  Back when she played catcher for Beebe High, she was known as Sara Flenor back then and her father, Terry Flenor, took Beebe to title game appearances in 2005 & 2007.

ChrisHumes

Quote from: Bondfan4ever on May 17, 2015, 11:44:30 am
Congratulations to Bauxite and especially their Head Coach Sara Tew.  The Lady Miners are not only making their first ever trip to a state championship game in softball, but this was the first year EVER for Bauxite to make the state tournament. Another piece of trivia is that Coach Tew is the youngest head coach to take a team to a softball title game. I would be curious if there has been another father daughter duo take teams to championship games.  Back when she played catcher for Beebe High, she was known as Sara Flenor back then and her father, Terry Flenor, took Beebe to title game appearances in 2005 & 2007.

Always knew she would do great things. Sara is great coach and we sure do miss her.

Congrats coach Tew.

500 hitter

How was the tournament ran in Mena? It appears there were some good games down there.

skydiver

That's some interesting information.  I didn't know Coach Tew was Terry Flenor's daughter.  I learn something new every day.  Coach Flenor was a coach at my high school YEARS ago.  Good folks and she evidently knows her stuff when it comes to softball.  Good luck to both Coach Tew and Coach Hunter at Mena.  Should be a decent game but I'm going to have to go with the Lady Bearcats. 

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: 500 hitter on May 18, 2015, 07:45:22 am
How was the tournament ran in Mena? It appears there were some good games down there.

I was able to attend on Saturday and it was excellent softball.  It was my first time to the facility in Mena and it's top notch.  The Mena Bearcats are an excellent team.  I believe they could compete in any classification.  I feel like they will dominate the state title game.  Bauxite and Nashville were very evenly matched as the score would indicate.  Brookland is a solid team with some young players.  I talked to a Brookland fan and they lost 7 girls off last year's state title team so they are rebuilding.

I didn't have a dog in the fight, but I enjoyed the competition.  Mena is the best team in 4A.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas