• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A State Tournament Results for 2015

Started by 3 Dollar, May 10, 2015, 06:59:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionheart88

Forrest City H

I suspect DeQueen had no idea the upgrade in pitching they would be facing today against Vilonia, after they toyed with the Sylvan Hills pitcher.  At least their fans didn't expect it.  The championship game Vilonia vs Paragould should be a great one!

Leopard

Quote from: Forrest City H on May 18, 2015, 05:19:05 pm
I suspect DeQueen had no idea the upgrade in pitching they would be facing today against Vilonia, after they toyed with the Sylvan Hills pitcher.  At least their fans didn't expect it.  The championship game Vilonia vs Paragould should be a great one!
Best of luck to the two remaining teams! Who do yall have winning this thing?

vtown22

DeQueen and Vilonia both have great teams...DeQueen is def a young team that will only get better with time...Vilonia has been a machine that just hasn't been able to get over the hump in recent years but we are going to get that straightened out this year (fingers crossed!!).  Just realized today that our head coach Kevin Sullivan is a former DeQueen Leopard himself!

baller72

Quote from: skydiver on May 17, 2015, 08:56:46 pm
Not only will DeQueen be in Fayetteville this year, they will be making that trip for the next two years as well. I know these are some bold words but they are loaded and they are young. Very young. Four quality teams left in a field of several quality teams. Gonna be fun to see how it comes out.
WOW! White Hall won 3 straight and I never saw anyone post anything this stupid "guaranteeing" their return to Fayetteville. Lol
But, from what I've heard and seen from DeQueen fans, they have an undeserved cockiness that rivals any I've seen in high school softball. Congratulations on your conference championship, DQ! Shine it up real good. 

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: baller72 on May 19, 2015, 10:01:19 am
Quote from: skydiver on May 17, 2015, 08:56:46 pm
Not only will DeQueen be in Fayetteville this year, they will be making that trip for the next two years as well. I know these are some bold words but they are loaded and they are young. Very young. Four quality teams left in a field of several quality teams. Gonna be fun to see how it comes out.
WOW! White Hall won 3 straight and I never saw anyone post anything this stupid "guaranteeing" their return to Fayetteville. Lol
But, from what I've heard and seen from DeQueen fans, they have an undeserved cockiness that rivals any I've seen in high school softball. Congratulations on your conference championship, DQ! Shine it up real good.

Skydiver isn't a DQ fan!  And I don't think you can label all fans of a particular school according to a small sampling.  I am of the impression that all schools have "those" fans!  Congrats to all the teams who were competing yesterday.

Interesting note on state tournaments for all classifications (based on my personal research):  50% of all teams who play in a game lose AND 50% win.  100% are high school girls who work their tails off to get there.  100% of the fans have their hearts in the right place (but their actions stray sometimes).  FAN is short for "fanatic" so give em a break. 

baller72

BLUE, you're my BOY!!! ;D ;D ;)
You're correct, maybe I shouldn't have "labeled" ALL DQ fans, which was not my actual intent. Maybe I should've said "SOME fans and SOME coaches". I'll leave it at that.
Thanks for the math lesson/personal research/observations, I needed that! Lol

redhawkmomma

May 19, 2015, 11:55:59 am #57 Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 11:58:12 am by redhawkmomma
I don't have a kid in this, but my kid played tournament ball with Wader when they were little, and Wader has always been a "mule." She gets the work done and her teammates can count on her for her best effort...and she's a great kid to boot. GO VILONIA LADY EAGLES!! WIN STATE!!!!!

LuckoftheIrish

I was at the 5A games Monday in Hot Springs.
Vilonia dominated DeQueen....period.
Paragould and White Hall was the game to watch.
Two every good teams. Both had great pitching and hitting. I think if
GCT was the 3rd seed in the East, they wouldve played Vilonia
in Semifinals instead of DQ, and made it a better game, just my opinion.
Paragould and Vilonia in Championship game can go either way.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: baller72 on May 19, 2015, 11:14:07 am
BLUE, you're my BOY!!! ;D ;D ;)
You're correct, maybe I shouldn't have "labeled" ALL DQ fans, which was not my actual intent. Maybe I should've said "SOME fans and SOME coaches". I'll leave it at that.
Thanks for the math lesson/personal research/observations, I needed that! Lol

Glad I could help. Love the kids, love the game and tolerate the fans!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas