• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Foul on Free throw

Started by HorseFeathers, December 28, 2018, 03:33:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Team A is shooting a FT. On the rebound attempt, Team A is called for a foul, ball was still in air after hitting the rim.

They called the foul, but gave the ball back to team A, and the exact wording was,"the ball was in the air, so it's a jump ball we go by possession"..

Is that the correct call?

athletic supporter

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 28, 2018, 03:33:22 pm
Team A is shooting a FT. On the rebound attempt, Team A is called for a foul, ball was still in air after hitting the rim.

They called the foul, but gave the ball back to team A, and the exact wording was,"the ball was in the air, so it's a jump ball we go by possession"..

Is that the correct call?

I would say,"no"

Team A has the ball and a pass is made. Team A player pushes off and is called for a foul. Would that go to the possession arrow since the pass is in the air?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: athletic supporter on December 28, 2018, 07:27:54 pm
I would say,"no"

Team A has the ball and a pass is made. Team A player pushes off and is called for a foul. Would that go to the possession arrow since the pass is in the air?

That's what I was thinking

ltb759

Are you sure this wasn't a double foul and since no team control they went to the AP arrow? If not this was definitely a screw up.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ltb759 on December 29, 2018, 09:44:05 am
Are you sure this wasn't a double foul and since no team control they went to the AP arrow? If not this was definitely a screw up.

Quote from: ltb759 on December 29, 2018, 09:44:05 am

Wasn't a double foul....They called a foul on the shooting team and gave em the ball back....the few fans from the team they got hosed on the call were angry.

Side note: gym was pretty much empty so you could hear the refs clearly

ltb759

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ltb759 on December 29, 2018, 10:29:44 am
Tourney? What teams?

Not sure what that matters lol

But it was Hoops for Hunger in Russellville Two Rivers vs Dequeen boys game

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas