• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mustain or Dick?

Started by CF_fan_#1, November 25, 2006, 07:46:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who should Nutt start in next weeks game?  

Mustain
Dick

CF_fan_#1

Who do you think should start next week against FL?  Mustain or Dick.  You decide after the performance against LSU.

OUTLAWnuttmustgo

Dmac and I'm totaly serious

SMC

I agree. Just don't play a QB. Might as well just have McFadden. Then instead of having a QB who just hands off to him, he gets it himself and he has an extra blocker.

ex#52

I say rotate all three of them in the game.

CF_fan_#1

So true.  McFadden is having to pick up Dick's slack bc he can't hack it.

donkeyfan

Start either one and substitute him with the other one after the first interception.  I seemed to have worked once before. 

gojackets14

Start Felix as the qb and run the option with him and Mcfadden.

Quite Frankly

I find the women are more prone to choose Dick.  Men tend to choose whoever is on the bench after a loss.

Footballer

MA

Quote from: CF_fan_#1 on November 25, 2006, 07:46:03 pm
Who do you think should start next week against FL?  Mustain or Dick.  You decide after the performance against LSU.

McFadden had more passing yards than Dick

jacketpride07

Heck, why not RoJo?

Just kidding. I totally agree with whoever said to start DMac.

nfblaze

Some suggested I watch the SEC Highlights show on the net and I thought it was funny how the national media is catching onto the fact that there are problems on the Hill that no one wants to talk about.  CBS's Tom Brando Speaks:

"I think that they're really good up there (razorback players mentality after the loss).  The problem is their quarterback play has really been exposed.  Casey Dick just had an awful outing and there is no Mitch Mustain, which tells me there's something going on no one wants to ask about in Arkansas; or the coaches don't wanna address." (then describes how Nutt wasn't happy with the way the offense/clock is being run during the last two minutes before adding)   "I don't know what the story from within is about Arkansas, but there is something wrong with Mitch Mustain that no one wants to talk about"

If you had been at the game, as soon as Casey started falling off completely, Mitch buckled his chinstrap and got ready to play..Not a soul came over to him and said anything. As the game went on, you could tell there was something wrong cause his demeanor just took a downturn..Something is up, and I still believe Malzahn is on a VERY tight leash.

CF_fan_#1

Quote from: Quite Frankly on November 25, 2006, 10:26:20 pm
I find the women are more prone to choose Dick.  Men tend to choose whoever is on the bench after a loss.
Ha, very funny. But I am serious.  I'm a woman and I wish Mustain would have at least gotton a chance to play.  Dick was horrible, and I only pray that Nutt starts Mustain next week against FL.  Our rushing game is one of the best, but our passing game is horrible.  Whoever said McFadden has more passing yards than Dick, is right, and that is sad.

nfblaze

Casey is starting next week..

If we had ran the HUNH(2min offense) in the games before LSU, we would've been able to drive it effectively against the Tigers..Last time we scored in 1:36 something like that, and that was against USC..ND used the HUNH against them last night and scored pretty quickly also. If we had established the pass early on, just enough to keep the D honest we would've won. Casey did nothing to help that cause. I know something is going on up there, and its not any good. HDN's quick trigger did not show Friday, and it hurt us.

hogwild31

Casey's performance isn't helped any by the plays.  It's hard to be successful when you have maybe two options at the most.  Friday our receivers ran HORRIBLE routes, there is nothing creative in what they do.  Casey did throw the ball pretty bad, but dang everybody, quit all this bandwagon jumping.  If Mustain were to do bad, you scream for Casey.  If Casey does bad, you scream for Mustain.  If there is a good play call, who called it?  Malzahn.  If there is a bad play call, who called it?  Nutt.

nfblaze

November 26, 2006, 11:44:53 am #15 Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 11:47:37 am by Cure™
Quote from: hogwild31 on November 26, 2006, 10:56:14 am
Casey's performance isn't helped any by the plays.  It's hard to be successful when you have maybe two options at the most.  Friday our receivers ran HORRIBLE routes, there is nothing creative in what they do.  Casey did throw the ball pretty bad, but dang everybody, quit all this bandwagon jumping.  If Mustain were to do bad, you scream for Casey.  If Casey does bad, you scream for Mustain.  If there is a good play call, who called it?  Malzahn.  If there is a bad play call, who called it?  Nutt.
The playcalling was changed after he didn't make the throws, go back and watch the game, and tell me what you see. There has been enough time this season to work on the pass game, we just did not get it done, and LSU exposed that. You can't have a QB go 3/18 and expect to win a game despite having a field day on the ground. Use the run game to set up the pass, it did not happen, throws were forced..and the one Monk did catch was behind him..Nutt just screwed himself in that game. Tune into the Houston Nutt show and watch his reactions and comments.

SMC

Cure, you were the one who all season long has been saying the Hogs have been working on the pass, and they had in their back pocket. And any time now they could bust it out and score on people. But game after game when I and others pointed out the crappy passing game you said the Hogs "didn't need" to pass and would do it when they needed to. Now you say they didn't practice the HUNH enough and didn't work on the passing game enough...why the change of story now?

stina_ar

Dick has put in a lot more time than Mustain.
If you've been watching the games, you notice that certain players (monk) won't go for a ball if Mustain overthrows it slightly. However, if RoJo or Dick overthrew the ball, he's all over it.

Why wouldn't these older guys (who have put in their time and effort and earned playing time) be upset and cold to Mustain if he came in and took over a starting spot as a true freshman? You would be upset if it were your spot.

We also have Damian Williams & Andrew Norman, who could've been playing in Florida & Notre Dame, but were persuaded to come here and sit on the bench.
Something is wrong with that picture. We screwed those boys over. I love Damian, he's a good player...he should be at a school where he's allowed to come off the bench more often.

That's my soap box..take it as you will...I'm sure I'll get complaints. Its just my opinion. Some people said at the beginning of the season that it was unfair that none of the players seemed to support Mustain in his first start. It comes with the game. Mitch will have his time to shine and be an amazing player. He hasn't earned it yet.
I say start Dick, rotate Mustain in, then just move to DMac. :D

olddog79

I find the women are more prone to choose Dick. 
class......yes that was sacrasm.

SMC

Damian Williams is a starter. If you think he would even be playing at Florida you are crazy. They loaded up 4 or 5 top wideouts in the last class and only one of them (Harvin) isn't being redshirted.

stina_ar

hogwild31

Quote from: bobcat_fan on November 26, 2006, 01:51:10 pm
We also have Damian Williams & Andrew Norman, who could've been playing in Florida & Notre Dame, but were persuaded to come here and sit on the bench.
Something is wrong with that picture. We screwed those boys over. I love Damian, he's a good player...he should be at a school where he's allowed to come off the bench more often.
Do you even watch the games?  Damian Williams is a starter and is out there atleast every other play.  As for Andrew Norman, I believe he is being redshirted.

nfblaze

November 26, 2006, 05:13:02 pm #22 Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 06:00:37 pm by Cure™
Quote from: SMC on November 26, 2006, 01:27:26 pm
Cure, you were the one who all season long has been saying the Hogs have been working on the pass, and they had in their back pocket. And any time now they could bust it out and score on people. But game after game when I and others pointed out the crappy passing game you said the Hogs "didn't need" to pass and would do it when they needed to. Now you say they didn't practice the HUNH enough and didn't work on the passing game enough...why the change of story now?
I said they worked on the pass plenty in practice, if you go back and check my posts..My reference there was that they needed to work on the pass more in game situations. Damian Williams nor Ben Cleveland would see the field this year at Florida, which is why they came, believing that our pass offense would be turned around..The same goes for Carlton Salters and London Crawford..Guranteed, they wouldn't have hoppped on the bandwagon if they knew we were going to be running this offense...and SMC earlier I said that they needed to pass because teams were going to force us to pass sooner or later. Houston won't run the HUNH period, and they only practiced it at the beginning of the season. So, you don't think the HUNH would've been effective running it against LSU? We get 6-10 passes from Casey that game and we would've won hands down.. Les Miles even said that...and as long as Houston is here, Mitch won't see the field until Casey graduates or happens to get injured. Yes, I said I believe they had the passing game in their backpocket, I thought we had a QB capable of making the throws and a coach confident enough to let the QB make the throws. You as well as I saw the difference of playcalling between the 1st and 2nd half.

First Half-they get to the line in a Singleback formation and shift to a shotgun formation

2nd Half- We did no switching and the passes were telegraphed by the defense.

Some say that Casey only has one read, I saw him make one or 2 reads and force some throws that were not there, as well as running out of the pocket when he had ample time to make a pass. So, do you believe our lack of passing on the QB/Receivers or lack of using it in game situation?

Houston Nutt Press Conference- http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=696223

He says he didn't want to put Mitch in cold against LSU's defense..He put Casey in cold against SC..where's his quick trigger?

When Nutt was asked directly if Malzahn was calling the plays by Bo Mattingly of KWNA News, he went right around the question, talking about the strength of our offensive line and McFadden. Nutt- "I told Gus what to expect..., this is our strength ..., our coaching staff is doin a great job...McFadden is a great back..."

Bo on rumors "Gus isn't really the guy running the offense" Nutt's response "baloney"
Nutt is baloney, this started at the beginning of the season, when he said Robert Johnson earned the QB spot..he's a true politician

You still think Malzahn is calling all the plays? Houston has

hogman627

Quote from: beatTHEgaytors on November 25, 2006, 07:46:52 pm
Dmac and I'm totaly serious
You have to like that, Dmac, Jones, Hillis, and our O-line

tigerfan-bigwill

Forget dick and mustain put mcfadden back there.  That guy is a beast.  Check it out.

McFadden takes the snap and has 3 options:

A)  (the most obvious) take it and run it wherever he likes.  Find a hole and hit it or take it to the outside.  Either way he'll get yards.

B)  option it to felix jones to either side.  We all know they can b/o run this is a win win sit.

C)  Pass the ball to monk or whoever.  We've all seen his throwing capabilities.

McFadden is a freak and I think a defense would be hard pressed 2 stop this O.  He'll be winnin the heisman as a senior if he doesn't win it next year.  His performance against LSU was phenominal.

nfblaze

Quote from: football git ya sum on November 26, 2006, 08:58:06 pm
Forget dick and mustain put mcfadden back there.  That guy is a beast.  Check it out.

A)  (the most obvious) take it and run it wherever he likes.  Find a hole and hit it or take it to the outside.  Either way he'll get yards.

B)  option it to felix jones to either side.  We all know they can b/o run this is a win win sit.

C)  Pass the ball to monk or whoever.  We've all seen his throwing capabilities.

McFadden is a freak and I think a defense would be hard pressed 2 stop this O.  He'll be winnin the heisman as a senior if he doesn't win it next year.  His performance against LSU was phenominal.
He won't be here as a senior, a highly doubt that.. He is going to the top contender fo r the Heisman, and I think we'll be able to add another dimension to his already unstoppable arsenal.

tigerfan-bigwill

Ya i'm just hopin he hangs around as a senior.  LOL.  If he's smart he'll be outta college and makin the big bucks.

hogwild31

Quote from: Cure™ on November 26, 2006, 09:09:33 pm
Quote from: football git ya sum on November 26, 2006, 08:58:06 pm

He won't be here as a senior, a highly doubt that.. He is going to the top contender fo r the Heisman, and I think we'll be able to add another dimension to his already unstoppable arsenal.
You never know he might stay as a senior, not saying he will, just there is a good chance he will though.  He committed to Arkansas as a freshman (not officially committed but set his mind to play here), he took no other visits to any other university and entertained no one else.  He is 100% Hog.

WBF †

Heck...if anything, put rojo in there. He's capable of running down the field too. Have Jones and D-Mac line up as RB and WR and run all them trick plays...The D would just quit...or be forced to.

If Malzahn said that we're gonna run, not pass this year...then why have a passing QB?Put in rojo or D-mac as qb. I honestly think that if the D put all 11 in the box...D-Mac and Jones would still get 100 each.

rdubs8

i say put ROJO back there and run trick plays....the Hogs could kill with misdirections and plays of that nature. or if all else fails, start DMAC! he can do it all

jacketpride07

Quote from: rdubs8 on November 27, 2006, 09:26:11 am
i say put ROJO back there and run trick plays....the Hogs could kill with misdirections and plays of that nature. or if all else fails, start DMAC! he can do it all
I believe Darren is a better quarterback than RoJo. RoJo should stay at WR, he made a good catch against LSU.

rebelpride

McFadden at QB.

1. Run the option with Felix Jones
2. Let McFadden decide on the game situation on whether or not he wants to pass, or run, which he can do both better than anyone on this squad.

nfblaze

Pretty bad when we don't even think our QB can handle the situation of putting the ball in our best players' hands.

stina_ar

There's always something to complain about in Hawg country.
I mean, come on.
This is the best season we've had in HOW MANY years?
We've got a guaranteed bowl game appearance, AND we won the SEC WEST!
"fans" always find something wrong with our team.
Its bull.
Be proud to be a Razorback..or fan..
There's nothing to be disappointed about this year.
CONGRATS, HOGS!

nfblaze

Quote from: bobcat_fan on November 27, 2006, 01:20:22 pm
I mean, come on.
Its bull.
CONGRATS, HOGS!
There's no doubt that we're proud of the team, its the fact we know they can be better.

T-Wacker

Quote from: bobcat_fan on November 27, 2006, 01:20:22 pm
I mean, come on.
Its bull.
CONGRATS, HOGS!

This is the exact reason why HDN is still here, fans that accept mediocrity! Happy because we are having this type of season and going to a bowl game. Never mind that we have sucked the last few years and could have a rough season next year with our schedule.

Bigdaddycool

lol ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas