• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A Baseball State Tournament

Started by teachers pet, May 10, 2018, 12:10:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

teachers pet

BossHogs

Dang. So much for that momentum Prescott picked up in their regional...

WorkOrder

BossHogs

Quote from: WorkOrder on May 10, 2018, 03:16:47 pm
Who won Genoa/Harding game?
Harding was up 5-0 in the 6th about 10 minutes ago. Could be final now.

biglion1985

Just seen where Corning beat Jessieville 6-5

RedWolf275

teachers pet

biglion1985

Man that was a good one and yes there have been some good games

biglion1985

RedWolf275

Greenland over Piggott 7-3
Charleston leading Manila 2-0 after 2

RedWolf275

Charleston and Manila 2-2 after 3

biglion1985

RedWolf275

Charleston and Manila 2-2 after 4
Mayflower up on Fouke 2-0 after 2

biglion1985

The lions corner Facebook page is doing a live feed of the game

biglion1985

RabidWolf

Fouke goes down 2-1 to Mayflower

bleudog

RedWolf275

Tough loss for the Lions but still an excellent season!

baller334

JohnMarkTomayo

Quote from: baller334 on May 10, 2018, 10:30:14 pm
Did Manila use their best pitcher?
Lopez was his name. He their best?

RedWolf275

Don't think he is their best. I believe Jorgensen is their #1.

teachers pet

I don't understand not using your best pitcher in round one since it's one and done.

BossHogs

Quote from: teachers pet on May 11, 2018, 08:41:20 am
I don't understand not using your best pitcher in round one since it's one and done.
The only teams that do it believe that their opponent is inferior. Teams do ITV every year. If you can win easily with your 3rd or 4th best pitcher there is no reason to throw your best. Though it has come back to bite some teams before. 

RabidWolf

Ask smackover why Clark didn't pitch against the lowly Curley Wolves.

I see Horatio did the opposite of last season as well and pitched Beasley game one.

CoolBreeze

Looks like some excellent matchups in the quarterfinals. E.g., Clinton vs. Harding Academy and Greenland vs. Mayflower.

teachers pet

Glen Rose 5-0 over Corning. Final

BannerMountainMan

BannerMountainMan

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: RedWolf275 on May 11, 2018, 06:40:25 am
Don't think he is their best. I believe Jorgensen is their #1.

Jorgensen is clearly their best imo

RedWolf275

CoolBreeze

Interesting matchups in the semifinals. I noticed that three of the four semi-finalists are out of Region 2. The championship game could be a rematch of the regional finalists.

Any predictions?

Mayflower has prevailed in both previous matches with HA, scoring in double digits both times, if I remember correctly. Will they manage a three-peat?

What about Glen Rose vs. Horatio, a matchup of #1 seeds?

bleudog

May 12, 2018, 01:52:38 pm #31 Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 01:55:20 pm by bleudog

bleudog

bleudog

CoolBreeze

Just got a text from my grandson who was at the game. Harding Academy defeated Horatio 4-3. HA repeats as 3A state champion.

bleudog

May 18, 2018, 12:13:01 pm #35 Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 12:18:57 pm by bleudog
Tough way to lose one:

"AAA Scoreboard
@AAA_Scores
Baseball: Through 6 innings, Horatio & Harding Academy are tied at 3. Both starters have thrown 92 pitches (110 is the limit).
11:47 AM - 18 May 2018"

"AAA Scoreboard
@AAA_Scores
Harding gets a two-out error and scored unearned run on wild pitch to take a 4-3 lead over Horatio going to bottom 7th.
11:52 AM - 18 May 2018"

RedWolf275

Quote from: CoolBreeze on May 18, 2018, 12:07:33 pm
Just got a text from my grandson who was at the game. Harding Academy defeated Horatio 4-3. HA repeats as 3A state champion.

Sounds like a really good game. I don't think anyone is surprised that Harding repeated.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: RedWolf275 on May 18, 2018, 09:39:31 pm
Sounds like a really good game. I don't think anyone is surprised that Harding repeated.

Two really, really good baseball teams.  HA obviously came into the season as one of the favorites and probably The favorite after last season and returning all but one starter.  But 3A was so good this year.  Very deep with prob. 5 or 6 teams that had state championship caliber teams.  It took all they had to bring home the trophy again.  Again, its very disappointing that the lower classification games arent being televised.  The quality of baseball in the lower's is tremendous.  And if the name of your team is also the name of a town, there will be viewers.  Probably more than in at least one of the 3 games that were televised.  Ive said my peace on that now.  And after looking it up, I saw that HA had a record of 6-2 against teams that played in the state tournament from the 5, 6, and 7.  I hope the powers that be can find a way again to televise all the schools who earn the right to play for a state championship in the future. 

bleudog

Skip Baymore

Tks. for the stats. bleudog and for some of the updates during the tournament.  I always love looking at the numbers.  Skip.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas