• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AAA drops the ball.... again

Started by BannerChaser95, January 30, 2018, 08:52:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

With just my predictions, I sort of filled in the state tournament bracket. And let me just say the left side of the bracket holding teams like the 1st 1, 1st 4, 1st 5, 2nd 4 and 2nd 3. That's a stacked left side compared to an easier right side of the state tournament. Of course it's my predictions and my view point. But with region 3 and region 4 being the two tougher regionals to even make the finals let alone fall short and be the runners up and have to face each other in the first round. It wouldn't take much for this state tournament to even things up by paying attention to who's doing what and seeding teams at state tournament time. Leaving a fill the blank system in affect like we have now. 2 of your top teams may be out before things even get going.

Sure "if you wanna be the best you have to beat the best" I get that. But sure looks to me that say Region 1 winner and region 2 winner have MUCH different paths to the state finals. Pending they both made it. So again, AAA dropped the ball with this one.

SackAttack

It's simply amazing to me how little they care about getting it right! Once again it all went wrong when they expanded to 5 regions and 20 teams!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on January 30, 2018, 09:59:45 am
It's simply amazing to me how little they care about getting it right! Once again it all went wrong when they expanded to 5 regions and 20 teams!
teams will lose in the first round that have no business. And region 5 winner will make the quarter finals on no business being their either.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 30, 2018, 10:02:09 am
teams will lose in the first round that have no business. And region 5 winner will make the quarter finals on no business being their either.
smh..

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on January 30, 2018, 09:59:45 am
It's all going towards country club golfing trips ain't that right!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 30, 2018, 10:10:16 am
It's all going towards country club golfing trips ain't that right!
you're a Region 3 fan. Look at what you have to go through if your team finds it's self as runner up of the regional tournament?  Versus what the runner up of other regions.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 30, 2018, 10:17:09 am
you're a Region 3 fan. Look at what you have to go through if your team finds it's self as runner up of the regional tournament?  Versus what the runner up of other regions.
I was making a joke towards Sack. He always says that.

Ba$ketballFan54321

BannerChaser is correct is that one side is probably a little stronger than the other. However, it's more an issue of the layout of the bracket to me. Sure, it's great that 20 teams make state (Especially if you're one of those "bubble teams"). In 2A only 12 teams make it. But making a 20 team bracket with 5 regions is rather clunky.

no mascot

What's the best alternative to the bracket setup we have now?

Ba$ketballFan54321

Quote from: no mascot on January 30, 2018, 10:40:28 am

Well next year it looks like there's going to be 4 regions, which makes the most sense. 4 teams from each region for a nice, clean 16 team bracket.

BannerChaser95

1 vs 4. 2vs3 and teams seeded off their performances through out the year. Like the NCAA does. I like that a lot but that's just me.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 30, 2018, 10:52:29 am
1 vs 4. 2vs3 and teams seeded off their performances through out the year. Like the NCAA does. I like that a lot but that's just me.
That's the way I have always said it should be. Or like NeverStops said the way 2a does it is not bad.

HorseFeathers

5 regions get 3 teams in, have a fanvote for which region gets the #1 seed and bye

Ice Water

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 30, 2018, 10:58:29 am
That's the way I have always said it should be. Or like NeverStops said the way 2a does it is not bad.

The way 2A does it now is just as bad. There's one region that actually benefits from losing a 3/4 place game. Finish 3rd you get a 2. Finish 4th you get a 3... from the same region.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 30, 2018, 11:24:00 am
5 regions get 3 teams in, have a fanvote for which region gets the #1 seed and bye
5 regions, the region voted best region gets 4 teams and the rest get 3. (16 teams). Divide the 16 into 2 groups. 1-8 on each side. (Like a Region at the NCAA tournament)

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 30, 2018, 10:30:45 am
I was making a joke towards Sack. He always says that.
And yet my logic has substance and yours is well quite frankly baseless and without substance! Weed through my bs to get to the logic and experience I bring to the table! And there is only a precious few on here that can do that! When I choose I speak from knowledge and experience! And logic yeah that too

thebigman3

Quote from: Ice Water on January 30, 2018, 11:30:52 am
The way 2A does it now is just as bad. There's one region that actually benefits from losing a 3/4 place game. Finish 3rd you get a 2. Finish 4th you get a 3... from the same region.
Meaning the 12 teams, my bad. How would you do it better for 12 teams though? 20 is just too much. Win 2 games and your in... I MIGHT could see 16 teams, it would be better than 20, but I doubt the AAA is about to change it no matter how much we complain, or give suggestions.

ZacAttack

January 30, 2018, 12:55:38 pm #17 Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 12:58:33 pm by ZacAttack
Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 30, 2018, 10:52:29 am
I believe the fairest and best method is seeding of the teams coming out of the Regional Tournaments.  Use something equivalent to MaxPreps or Ba$ketballFan54321 ratings seen here on FF.  It's not perfect, but this "filling the slot" placement of teams is ridiculous and archaic.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: ZacAttack on January 30, 2018, 12:55:38 pm
I believe the fairest and best method is seeding of the teams coming out of the Regional Tournaments.  Use something equivalent to MaxPreps or Ba$ketballFan54321 ratings seen here on FF.  It's not perfect, but this "filling the slot" placement of teams is ridiculous and archaic.
we will be seeing a lot more big matchups in the middle of the season then to get teams SOS up

Ba$ketballFan54321

It is true that the current system could be improved but I don't know if I ever see the AAA going for that. But it's an interesting idea! It keeps the drama of the district/regional tournaments while adding a little balance to the state bracket.

BannerChaser95

I'm saying AFTER the regional tournament. You seed according to the years records and performances. If that makes sense. Obviously this will never happen and we will just be stuck complaining online. The fact of the matter is, I don't here ONE PERSON going "Wow, this 20 team bracket makes perfect sense" nothing better than watching two of the top 6 teams play in the first round.

BannerMountainMan

Ain't going to dig deep but does the 3 and 4 seed from the 3 have a good draw in terms of what region they are going to be matched up with?

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 30, 2018, 04:58:58 pm
I'm saying AFTER the regional tournament. You seed according to the years records and performances. If that makes sense. Obviously this will never happen and we will just be stuck complaining online. The fact of the matter is, I don't here ONE PERSON going "Wow, this 20 team bracket makes perfect sense" nothing better than watching two of the top 6 teams play in the first round.
Agree! Especially when 8 to 10 of them have no business there in the first place!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 30, 2018, 05:05:42 pm
Ain't going to dig deep but does the 3 and 4 seed from the 3 have a good draw in terms of what region they are going to be matched up with?
No, the 4 plays region 4's 3rd place Team (dierks, if I had to bet) they've already played 3 games in that gym over Christmas break. The winner gets Region 2 winner (ICC) and the 3 gets Region 1's 4 seed (easy win) to turn around and play Region 4's winner (Kirby or CL) lol best bet is to win Region 3 other wise you got your work cut out for you from the get go

buckshot

Completely agree !!!  To many teams.  Top 5 teams on same side of bracket.....

Fleaflicker

Anyone else think the AAA wants this 20 team bracket? More games = more money plain and simple. Yes it may be watered down to some extent and some teams are there that may not fit the bill as a State tourney team but it's still an opportunity for some kids to play on a big stage. Would this bracket be as lopsided have these "top tier" teams done their job and handled district and regionals like they handled their regular season?

thebigman3

Quote from: Fleaflicker on February 27, 2018, 06:46:05 pm
Anyone else think the AAA wants this 20 team bracket? More games = more money plain and simple. Yes it may be watered down to some extent and some teams are there that may not fit the bill as a State tourney team but it's still an opportunity for some kids to play on a big stage. Would this bracket be as lopsided have these "top tier" teams done their job and handled district and regionals like they handled their regular season?
That's what I said when everyone was bickering that ICC, Nevada, Kirby, and Omaha were all on the Quad.

D6Bound

Quote from: thebigman3 on February 27, 2018, 07:49:43 pm
That's what I said when everyone was bickering that ICC, Nevada, Kirby, and Omaha were all on the Quad.
I agree with this, they should've got the job done. Only thing I've complained about is the girls bracket and how Bay and Norfork were 1 and 2 in THE SAME REGION and yet they are STILL on the same side. That's some bull shoozanki

eamo8911

So, here's my question.  Why are there only 3 regions in 4A and 2A?  Is there really that big a gap in enrollment between low 4A schools and high 3A schools and between low 2A schools and high 1A schools?  Did combined conferences play a factor.

I thought rule of thumb has top 16 are 7A, next 16 are 6A, 32 in 5A, 32 in 4A, etc., etc.  Was that not the case before combined conferences?  That is what we are returning to, sans 7a, correct?

HorseFeathers

attaboy

AAA may drop the ball...but they drop the green $$$$ !!!!!!!! ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas