• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Godfather: 2,000 Wins

Started by BasketballNeverStops, January 17, 2018, 07:26:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scrapdig

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 17, 2018, 01:05:25 pm
I have never understood why no one tries to do the same things Hutch does! I guess they are scared to try something like that. He has guts and I like that.
Because it's dumb basketball.  DO you see college or NBA teams doing that?  No because its dumb. 

scrapdig

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 17, 2018, 12:06:47 pm
Hutch is a genius! All-time great. I heard a story once that in a girls game, the opponent tried to stall. So Hutch calls one of his girls over towards the bench. Then he ends up bringing all 5 girls over. They play patty-cake while sitting on the floor! The other team goes in and makes a layup. Guy goes down and makes a 2. The opponent tries to stall again. Hutch brings his team over to play patty-cake. They do it all over one more time before the embarresment is too much for the opposing coach and he calls off the stall. Genius!
I would let them play patty cake and take free layups every play

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 24, 2018, 09:28:49 am
he was 6th man but never hardly played, they would have been nothing last year without their move ins
its like that every year can't win without transferring kids in!  But congrats on winning 2000

Neckred

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 17, 2018, 12:45:31 pm
Not to mention he has the guts to place a guy on the offensive end while playing defense with 4. Genius! Score more points than the other team!
Yea Genius to play 4 on 5.  Possibly dumbest thing I've read today.  Like the other guy said there is a reason NBA teams and college teams don't do that dumb crap.  Just like college and NFL teams punt on 4th and 10 and the Kelly guy from PA can get away with not punting. 

thebigman3

Quote from: scrapdig on January 24, 2018, 09:33:22 am
Because it's dumb basketball.  DO you see college or NBA teams doing that?  No because its dumb.
Well.. dumb basketball has won the man 2001 games now.. Like I said earlier, It makes the other team worried about Guy throwing it long and they don't try and rebound. How many times have you seen it done and the opposing coach just lets the man stand down there without a worry? None. The opposing coach is always yelling "Ge back! get back!" as soon as the shot goes up or he makes the game 4 on 4 and put one of his players down, which if you spread the floor.. will open the lane. And we ain't talking abut NBA or College they are much more skilled than 1a high school athletes as a whole. This is 1a high school basketball.

Neckred

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 24, 2018, 10:08:04 am
Well.. dumb basketball has won the man 2001 games now.. Like I said earlier, It makes the other team worried about Guy throwing it long and they don't try and rebound. How many times have you seen it done and the opposing coach just lets the man stand down there without a worry? None. The opposing coach is always yelling "Ge back! get back!" as soon as the shot goes up or he makes the game 4 on 4 and put one of his players down, which if you spread the floor.. will open the lane. And we ain't talking abut NBA or College they are much more skilled than 1a high school athletes as a whole. This is 1a high school basketball.
No its dumb.  I've seen tons of teams do it over the years.  In the long run its dumb.  Like not punting on 4th and 10.  It's dumb unless you have superior talent.  Do you see any 7A schools playing 4 on 5?  Uh no

scrapdig

Do you know how dumb a person must be to actually think playing 4 on 5 is a good strategy?  Truly amazing.  Now this might work for him but I'm sure most things work when you have better talent than 90 percent of the teams you play. 

Neckred

Quote from: scrapdig on January 24, 2018, 10:14:43 am
Do you know how dumb a person must be to actually think playing 4 on 5 is a good strategy?  Truly amazing.  Now this might work for him but I'm sure most things work when you have better talent than 90 percent of the teams you play.
Yea it's amazing when I see teams actually try this strategy.  They might get a couple of layups off of it but they give up way more points and rebounds doing it in the long run.  INSANE.  And yea anyone can do it and look good vs. teams you are better than. 

thebigman3

Quote from: Neckred on January 24, 2018, 10:12:34 am
No its dumb.  I've seen tons of teams do it over the years.  In the long run its dumb.  Like not punting on 4th and 10.  It's dumb unless you have superior talent.  Do you see any 7A schools playing 4 on 5?  Uh no
Like I said, not 7a ball. 1a basketball.

thebigman3

Quote from: scrapdig on January 24, 2018, 10:14:43 am
I see what your saying, but does he do it against teams that can shoot? No not really, he may go long, but never sends them down. But teams that can't shoot, and like i said earlier won't go get the rebound due to another guy being down, Simply uses it as a distraction more than he does anything.

FromTheBench

Will the Teas takeover and continue the legacy?

Scout404

Out of the 10 rings he won did any of the teams not have a  significant move in?  Serious question, I have no clue on all 10.       

thechampchamp

Ok guys, honestly... your saying college and NBA teams dont do the recruiting stuff. Every single year every single college team tries all they can to get the best players from anywhere. for example, 3 of the top 5 players in the nation have commited to Duke. So are you going to talk about how bad they are because they get new people every year. And the NBA?? are you serious? Every team does the same thing. Look at the warriors, or the cavs for example. Every year they get new players, creating super teams. But you guys are acting like the highschool kids are NBA players and getting signed in the free agency or something. these kids are moving to the schools that they want to play for, and schools they think they can win at. They also have fun and enjoy winning. Sorry if your child isnt any good, sorry if your team isnt any good. Get over yourselves jeez

thebigman3

Quote from: thechampchamp on January 24, 2018, 01:03:54 pm
Ok guys, honestly... your saying college and NBA teams dont do the recruiting stuff. Every single year every single college team tries all they can to get the best players from anywhere. for example, 3 of the top 5 players in the nation have commited to Duke. So are you going to talk about how bad they are because they get new people every year. And the NBA?? are you serious? Every team does the same thing. Look at the warriors, or the cavs for example. Every year they get new players, creating super teams. But you guys are acting like the highschool kids are NBA players and getting signed in the free agency or something. these kids are moving to the schools that they want to play for, and schools they think they can win at. They also have fun and enjoy winning. Sorry if your child isnt any good, sorry if your team isnt any good. Get over yourselves jeez
They're not saying that.. they're saying that college and NBA teams don't play 4 on 5.. which is true.

thechampchamp

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 24, 2018, 01:09:40 pm
They're not saying that.. they're saying that college and NBA teams don't play 4 on 5.. which is true.
correct. i may have misunderstood what exactly they were saying. but i have heard people on here compare 1a teams to NBA and college teams so my last post addresses those ignorant folks

JimmyChitwood

January 24, 2018, 01:14:55 pm #65 Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 01:20:59 pm by JimmyChitwood
Quote from: Neckred on January 24, 2018, 09:58:56 am
Yea Genius to play 4 on 5.  Possibly dumbest thing I've read today.  Like the other guy said there is a reason NBA teams and college teams don't do that dumb crap.  Just like college and NFL teams punt on 4th and 10 and the Kelly guy from PA can get away with not punting.
Well I'm glad you haven't won 10 titles and own a sucessfull business and havent won any football titles like Kelley. You just stay comfortable working down at Virco with the rest of your unintellegent jackwagons that passed senior english with a C. It's like my Granpa always told me, "Son there are pallet makers and there are earth shakers." Hutch is an earth shaker. You my friend are a common pallet maker. They laughed at the Wright brothers when they told people they would make airplanes. They laughed at Alex Bell before he invented the telephone. Think on that some while you are on lunch break at Virco. Oh and make sure those chairs are sturdy.

PeedeecreekBoy99

January 24, 2018, 01:17:39 pm #66 Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 01:21:37 pm by PeedeecreekBoy99
Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 24, 2018, 01:14:55 pm
Well I'm glad you haven't won 10 titles and own a sucessfull business and havent won any football titles like Kelley. You just stay comfortable working down at Virco with the rest of your unintellegent jackwagons that passed senior english with a C. It's like my Granpa always told me, "Son there are pallett makers and there are earth shakers." Hutch is an earth shaker. You my friend are a common pallett maker. They laughed at the Wright brothers when they told people they would make airplanes. They laughed at Alex Bell before he invented the telephone. Think on that some while you are on lunch break at Virco. Oh and make sure those chairs are sturdy.

This is the best post I have read in my entire year and some odd months on fearless.. this made my day chitty wood

JimmyChitwood

It never fails. People are jealous of sucess. They are either too scared or lack the mind power to accomplish great things. Then they try to put down those who have had the guts and the brains to accomplish great new things. It never fails.

thechampchamp

Well I'm glad you haven't won 10 titles and own a sucessfull business and havent won any football titles like Kelley. You just stay comfortable working down at Virco with the rest of your unintellegent jackwagons that passed senior english with a C. It's like my Granpa always told me, "Son there are pallett makers and there are earth shakers." Hutch is an earth shaker. You my friend are a common pallett maker. They laughed at the Wright brothers when they told people they would make airplanes. They laughed at Alex Bell before he invented the telephone. Think on that some while you are on lunch break at Virco. Oh and make sure those chairs are sturdy.
+1+1+1

JimmyChitwood

Neckred

Well I'm glad you haven't won 10 titles and own a sucessfull business and havent won any football titles like Kelley. You just stay comfortable working down at Virco with the rest of your unintellegent jackwagons that passed senior english with a C. It's like my Granpa always told me, "Son there are pallet makers and there are earth shakers." Hutch is an earth shaker. You my friend are a common pallet maker. They laughed at the Wright brothers when they told people they would make airplanes. They laughed at Alex Bell before he invented the telephone. Think on that some while you are on lunch break at Virco. Oh and make sure those chairs are sturdy.
You are truly clueless.  You actually think this dumb stuff would work in college or NBA/NFL where its an equal playing field?  Comparing him to the Wright Brothers and Bell lol.  Good stuff

Neckred

You want Mike Anderson to play 4 on 5?  See how that works out.  Would be fired by Monday morning.  Seriously man get a clue.

riccoar

I don't care about a runner trying to get back ahead of defense.  What drives me crazy is the stupid keep away BS. 

scrapdig

Quote from: riccoar on January 24, 2018, 03:00:34 pm
I don't care about a runner trying to get back ahead of defense.  What drives me crazy is the stupid keep away BS.
High School needs a shot clock

JimmyChitwood

January 24, 2018, 03:11:40 pm #74 Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 03:14:04 pm by JimmyChitwood
Quote from: Neckred on January 24, 2018, 02:38:42 pm
You are truly clueless.  You actually think this dumb stuff would work in college or NBA/NFL where its an equal playing field?  Comparing him to the Wright Brothers and Bell lol.  Good stuff
My whole point is, this is not the NBA! This is 1a small school basketball. If it works, it works! Heck no it wouldn't work in the pros. No it wouldn't work for Mike who by the way is a terrible X and O coach. Racist I might also add. I'm saying that Hutch has figured out what works! If he were coaching at a big school like Fayetteville for example, he would adjust and adapt to what he had to do. Adjustments is what makes a great X and O coach. Anderson hasn't ever adjusted. And people keep holding on to this Nolan's second coming thing. First, let me clear this up, MIKE ANDERSON IS NOT NOLAN RICHARDSON. Nolan was a much better fundamental coach. Go watch film of 90's Hogs games. They had much better defensive rotation, shot form, ball movement, passing, free throw shooting, post moves. The players improved from freshman to senior. They do not do these things nowdays whatsoever. He also doesn't have control over his players. Nolan had total control over the team. After this dissapointing season where the Hogs will again underacheive in the NCAA tourney, they will have a very hard season upcoming after losing Macon, Barford, and Gafford. But, "Oh he has a super recruiting class in 2074! We will keep him till the Lord comes back from the looks of it if people keep giving him excuses. Please don't talk about the terrible horrible no good very bad coach Anderson. Please. I will feel like I did the day Donald J Trump was elected president if we fire Mike and hire a good coach like say Chris Beard or Greg Marshall.

scrapdig

Mike Anderson is a heck of a coach!  His record speaks for itself.  Is he the greatest in the world?  No but he's pretty dang solid.  Not to mention runs a clean program.  We could do a lot worse than Anderson and probably would if we fired him. 

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: scrapdig on January 24, 2018, 03:15:58 pm
Mike Anderson is a heck of a coach!  His record speaks for itself.  Is he the greatest in the world?  No but he's pretty dang solid.  Not to mention runs a clean program.  We could do a lot worse than Anderson and probably would if we fired him.
I'm so glad Hunter Yurachek is the AD not you. I am in awe of how many people think he is a good coach. But it is the same dumb people that think Hutch is not a good coach. I guess intead of anger, I should feel sorry for y'all.

Rallyround

January 24, 2018, 03:29:12 pm #77 Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 05:03:29 pm by Rallyround
BET that Guy will NOT be the place a kid first asks the family to move when they sell their home to be coached by Teas in bball

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 24, 2018, 09:30:29 am
What move ins did they have last year?

Ballard....rest have family ties to guy....oops

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 24, 2018, 03:46:33 pm
Ballard....rest have family ties to guy....oops
Ballard moved his 10th grade year after his basketball season at Greenbrier.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 24, 2018, 04:19:36 pm
Ballard moved his 10th grade year after his basketball season at Greenbrier.

Yep....recruited by the point guard that moved to greenbrier from guy then back to guy...

thebigman3

Quote from: riccoar on January 24, 2018, 03:00:34 pm
If the stall game works then it works. Take advantage of what your working with. I will admit. When I watched Concord hold it on Shirley the whole dang 1rst quarter at Greer's ferry last year I thought it was funny, clever, and awful all at once lol.

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 24, 2018, 04:23:01 pm
Yep....recruited by the point guard that moved to greenbrier from guy then back to guy...
He didn't move last year though. And why wouldn't he want to leave a coach who score 50 points a game and doesn't let him do what he wants? He averaged only 12 at Greenbrier and at Guy averaged 23. So I mean?? I've personally never been a fan of Simmons either.

Backboard Shattered

January 25, 2018, 08:58:40 am #83 Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:52:14 am by Backboard Shattered
Quote from: thebigman3 on January 24, 2018, 04:27:08 pm
He didn't move last year though. And why wouldn't he want to leave a coach who score 50 points a game and doesn't let him do what he wants? He averaged only 12 at Greenbrier and at Guy averaged 23. So I mean?? I've personally never been a fan of Simmons either.
Scored only 12 a game there because of opposing talent and couldn't show bird its as Eagle Dad would say!  Lol! 

riccoar

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 24, 2018, 04:27:08 pm
Ballard, was he 6-1 or 6-2?  Depends on the website.  Actually he was about 6 foot.  He was a big fish that got recruited to a small pond.  Where is he playing today?

thechampchamp

Ballard didnt sign with a college

riccoar

Quote from: thechampchamp on January 25, 2018, 09:09:19 am
Ballard didnt sign with a college
And with most parents, it's why kids are easy to recruit, because they are trying to elevate their kid to get exposure for a scholarship.  It's rare at that level.

thechampchamp

He had 32 college offers i think. But im not sure why he didnt sign...

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thechampchamp on January 25, 2018, 09:14:50 am
they told him he could not stand at half court and wait for a long pass so he could dunk it

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thechampchamp on January 25, 2018, 09:14:50 am
😂😂😂👆🏻Ok!

JimmyChitwood

I think he has a young child if I'm not mistaken. That would make any guy quit the game to get a job and provide for the family at home. Now I may be wrong on the kid part.

thebigman3

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 25, 2018, 10:20:33 am
I think he has a young child if I'm not mistaken. That would make any guy quit the game to get a job and provide for the family at home. Now I may be wrong on the kid part.
He does not have a kid.. ;D ;D

BannerMountainMan

I think his girlfriend made him quit.

JimmyChitwood

I may be thinking of another young man.

Backboard Shattered

Simple he wasn't good enough!  Problem solved

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 25, 2018, 10:23:24 am
I think his girlfriend made him quit.
^^ that's how rumors get started.. ya'll ever thought about maybe he just didn't want to play anymore? He wanted to go do other things maybe?

Backboard Shattered

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 25, 2018, 10:24:58 am
Simple he wasn't good enough!  Problem solved
What part of 32 college offers makes you think he as not good enough? I've seen the schools that sent him letters. Harding, Memphis, Pitt, John Brown, Hendrix.

Backboard Shattered

Memphis Pitt?!  NOT GOOD ENOUGH!  Over rated!  Couldn't play at next level.  No big deal I didn't play next level either and I was good!

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 25, 2018, 10:27:22 am
What part of 32 college offers makes you think he as not good enough? I've seen the schools that sent him letters. Harding, Memphis, Pitt, John Brown, Hendrix.
Memphis and Pitt I'm actually laughing out loud!  You my friend are related to the Ignoramis group I know!  NO WAY!  Maybe the other schools sent him a try out letter but those 2 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas