• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5a top girls

Started by Coachbanks12, December 18, 2017, 08:00:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Coachbanks12

Who do you have as top girls in 5a so far this season?

ArkansasSportsFan

BirdCall

Coachbanks12

I am asking about the players not the teams.
Who are the top players in 5a so far this season?

cannon

I dunno anything about any of the kids that aren't in the East.  With that said, Elder, at Nettleton, is a heck of a guard.  My understanding is that she is committed to ASU.  Reagan Dodd at Valley View is probably one of the most efficient post players in the state, statistically speaking.  She's committed to a school in KC, Mo.  Batesville has a D-1 guard, as well.  Pretty much the entire starting lineup at Nettleton are top-tier players.  Love and Young have been extraordinary since they were in middle school, and Courtney Crippin is cat-quick.  But like I said, I don't know anything about what's happening in the West, Central, or South.   

MDXPHD

Quote from: cannon on December 18, 2017, 04:45:42 pm
I dunno anything about any of the kids that aren't in the East.  With that said, Elder, at Nettleton, is a heck of a guard.  My understanding is that she is committed to ASU.  Reagan Dodd at Valley View is probably one of the most efficient post players in the state, statistically speaking.  She's committed to a school in KC, Mo.  Batesville has a D-1 guard, as well.  Pretty much the entire starting lineup at Nettleton are top-tier players.  Love and Young have been extraordinary since they were in middle school, and Courtney Crippin is cat-quick.  But like I said, I don't know anything about what's happening in the West, Central, or South.   

If this were true, they wouldn't ever lose by 20. They are very good, but their lineup isn't full of top tier players. They do have a couple though.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 18, 2017, 05:21:12 pm
If this were true, they wouldn't ever lose by 20. They are very good, but their lineup isn't full of top tier players. They do have a couple though.
I could be wrong, but don't they have 4 starters with D1 offers? I haven't watched them play this year and offers don't guarantee wins...but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they had 4 with D1 offers. I know Elder to ASU, the 9th grader was offered by Indiana this summer, not sure about the other two.

cannon

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 18, 2017, 05:21:12 pm

Really?  So it's not POSSIBLE for top tier players to have an off night?  Thank for the correction. I did not know that.

OP asked who the top players are in 5A. I responded that I had no experience or frame of reference outside the East. I also implied, although obviously not clearly enough, that in my opinion amongst the girls in the East, "pretty much" all the starting lineup is top tier.  I mentioned a kid from valley View that's up there, and another from Batesville. Racking my brain across the 5A EAST, I can't think of any standouts beyond those. So please, with more sarcasm, explain to me in detail how I'm wrong in that opinion.

MDXPHD

Quote from: cannon on December 18, 2017, 07:56:22 pm
Really?  So it's not POSSIBLE for top tier players to have an off night?  Thank for the correction. I did not know that.

OP asked who the top players are in 5A. I responded that I had no experience or frame of reference outside the East. I also implied, although obviously not clearly enough, that in my opinion amongst the girls in the East, "pretty much" all the starting lineup is top tier.  I mentioned a kid from valley View that's up there, and another from Batesville. Racking my brain across the 5A EAST, I can't think of any standouts beyond those. So please, with more sarcasm, explain to me in detail how I'm wrong in that opinion.

You're only wrong by saying Nettleton has 5 girls that are top tier talent. Not a big deal man. Hang in there.

iRebound

LRCA
Nettleton
Watson Chapel
Vilonia
Morrilton
Farmington

GCT is usually good but haven't heard much on them this year. What about Harrison or Alma?

MDXPHD

December 19, 2017, 10:27:40 pm #10 Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 08:45:20 am by MDXPHD
Quote from: iRebound on December 19, 2017, 10:18:57 am
LRCA
Nettleton
Watson Chapel
Vilonia
Morrilton
Farmington

GCT is usually good but haven't heard much on them this year. What about Harrison or Alma?

I'm not sold on Vilonia. Good coach but they aren't too impressive yet. Didn't they lose to Parkview?

Edit: They beat Estem, which is a very good team. I'm not sure how good they are to be honest.

no mascot

Hard to put too much stock into games right now. The flu is keeping some teams from performing at 100%.

cannon

Quote from: no mascot on December 20, 2017, 08:54:19 am
Hard to put too much stock into games right now. The flu is keeping some teams from performing at 100%.

Keeping some of them from performing at all.  From the report posted on the NEA Tourney FB page it sounded to me like BIC was infested to the point that they had to raise the white flag at halftime in their most recent game. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Per Facebook
Nettleton 22
Paragould 25
Half

NEA Razorback olfan

After3
Nettleton 36
Paragould 36

NEA Razorback olfan

Nettleton win by around 10pts

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas