• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mount Ida @ CHG

Started by NWA Hawg, November 24, 2017, 09:39:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: SWAT11 on November 26, 2017, 02:25:14 pm
Ida:  the last 3 seasons they have gone 39-2. And played 3A schools during that stretch. 3 straight conference champs. Two undefeated regular seasons. They just know how to win and are very well coached.

CHG:  moving back up to 3A next year. They know this is their opportunity to do something before the move where they have not competed very well in 3A. A very good 2A team last year and this year.

With that said I give the the edge to Ida on line play. Give the edge to Ida on defense.  Both QBs have a lot of yards and manage offense well. No edge to either side there. Good tough running backs on both sides. No edge to either there. From what I understand Ida secondary was there to make plays. They did have two interceptions. CC receivers were not running wide open. Ida has won the turnover margin big this year, but had uncharacteristic penalties. They can't do that against CHG.

It will be close. Ida by 6
Ida might have an edge on the line but it won't be by much. Grove's line has opened up holes for guys all year with ease. And our receivers block really well too. As far as skill players go Grove has the edge there. Both teams have good backs but when Grove subs there is very little drop off. Couple that with a few really good receivers and that's a big advantage towards Grove. Defensively Harmony Grove has been pretty good all year. Maybe Ida's front 7 is better (although I wouldn't expect them to be that much better than Grove as Grove's front 7 is very good). Grove has a huge edge in the secondary though...they have a kid with 9 interceptions this year and very rarely give up chunk run plays because of the speed and physicality their corners and safeties play with.

ak58

after watching both teams this year, I'd give a slight edge to the Lions. I did like how HGs run defense stepped up and held a big and physical Hazen team. They held up well. I will say Mount Ida actually has a play action passing game to go along with their stellar running game.

If #33 is healthy and full go, along with that other scatt back they have, the Hornets can make big plays against Mount Idas secondary. I wouldn't try and run at their front seven. Just watch the film from the CC game. There is holes in their game HG could take advantage of obviously. CC just didn't make the plays it needed to to win.

TheVoiceOfHGHornets

Quote from: ak58 on November 27, 2017, 09:02:19 am
after watching both teams this year, I'd give a slight edge to the Lions. I did like how HGs run defense stepped up and held a big and physical Hazen team. They held up well. I will say Mount Ida actually has a play action passing game to go along with their stellar running game.

If #33 is healthy and full go, along with that other scatt back they have, the Hornets can make big plays against Mount Idas secondary. I wouldn't try and run at their front seven. Just watch the film from the CC game. There is holes in their game HG could take advantage of obviously. CC just didn't make the plays it needed to to win.

Hornet fans have been waiting for this matchup since December 2, 2016. Thats when Mount Ida eliminated HG in the 2016 playoffs. This year will be a different story. Ida usually has one bad game a year and that just so happen to be last week against Conway Christian. Yes Ida is the much more powerful team and has tons of experience all around. But I have said it all year, there is just something different about this HG team this year. Season started off slow but picked up momentum. Since our last loss which came in week 3 against Glen Rose (14-7), HG has scored an average of 50.75 points per game, that doesn't include the forfeit victory over Hermitage. HG has only allowed around 15 points per game to opposing teams since that time as well that to doesn't include the Hermitage forfeit victory.

For years people have said how good Ida is and yes they are very good but you know what, there are other teams in class 2a that are just as good if not better than them. And they will find out first hand this Friday night that this isn't the same HG team they faced last year. This HG team is dead set on making to War Memorial and playing for a shot at the school's first ever State Title. I have HG winning 36-28.

Lions84

M.I. D

I don't think Mount Ida has ever played at CHG. I looked on my app and it looks like the School is a few miles north of Camden. I'm sure it will be standing room only. We will probably head down thru Arkadelphia. Should we eat there or what's some good places closer to the field?

Hgalum50

Quote from: M.I. D on November 27, 2017, 11:33:28 am
I don't think Mount Ida has ever played at CHG. I looked on my app and it looks like the School is a few miles north of Camden. I'm sure it will be standing room only. We will probably head down thru Arkadelphia. Should we eat there or what's some good places closer to the field?
Eat in Arkadelphia unless you want to go on into Camden, then come back to HG.

old.dole

Hg has a gas station that serves food and that's it. Camden has some pretty good spots

jsw6f0

I give the edge in coaching to Ida and I believe that Ida wins by 12. This is the game everyone has waited for. I thought this would be the championship game but the way Foreman is playing whoever wins is gonna have a tough game at WMS.

HG Hornet

November 27, 2017, 06:51:03 pm #58 Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:58:03 pm by CHG Hornet
Quote from: beach bum on November 26, 2017, 11:25:40 am
Statement game.... Mount Ida 42 CHG 12
Nope.  You've been out at the beach bumming around in the sun too long or you've stayed too long in Margaritaville. 

Whose the pressure on?  The red hot home team seeking revenge or the undefeated visitors.  I can see the Lions, who are a very good team, coming in overconfident from being undefeated OR shaken a bit from a near defeat at home to Conway Christian.  Either way, I would rather be a CHG Hornet where I'm playing at home and have already tasted the bitter taste of defeat in an 0-3 start.  Mt. Ida players know full well what can happen to an undefeated team in a big game.  They served up some disappointment last year to our foe, the Hampton Bulldogs.  This year, it's our turn to return the favor and play the spoiler.

bear for life

Is #5 hicks playing this week cause I've heard why he was out last week he will be and important factor on both sides the ball and also how is Garcia injury ??

hesmine_lionpride

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 27, 2017, 06:51:03 pm
Nope.  You've been out at the beach bumming around in the sun too long or you've stayed too long in Margaritaville. 

Whose the pressure on?  The red hot home team seeking revenge or the undefeated visitors.  I can see the Lions, who are a very good team, coming in overconfident from being undefeated OR shaken a bit from a near defeat at home to Conway Christian.  Either way, I would rather be a CHG Hornet where I'm playing at home and have already tasted the bitter taste of defeat in an 0-3 start.  Mt. Ida players know full well what can happen to an undefeated team in a big game.  They served up some disappointment last year to our foe, the Hampton Bulldogs.  This year, it's our turn to return the favor and play the spoiler.
Not over confident at all, very humble and kind kids that become beasts on the field and I guarantee you they are shaken from this past Friday but that's not good for y'all. They'll come ready to win even more because of it. It's probably best for neither side to be to cocky. Good Luck! Can't wait for Friday!

HG Hornet

Quote from: hesmine_lionpride on November 27, 2017, 07:18:55 pm
Not over confident at all, very humble and kind kids that become beasts on the field and I guarantee you they are shaken from this past Friday but that's not good for y'all. They'll come ready to win even more because of it. It's probably best for neither side to be to cocky. Good Luck! Can't wait for Friday!
Mt. Ida is a class act, no doubt about that.  It will be huge for all involved.

HG Hornet

Quote from: bear for life on November 27, 2017, 07:12:59 pm
Is #5 hicks playing this week cause I've heard why he was out last week he will be and important factor on both sides the ball and also how is Garcia injury ??
Garcia is fine, I've heard.  I have not heard anything about Hicks. 

Eslim03

This game will be a dandy if I had to guess I like Ida in this one but I know nothing about Grove other than what I read on here. Two very good teams and I think if Ida plays there game it will be tuff for Grove to stop but can Ida stop them don't know either way it will be a battle. I will take Ida in this game.

BlueNGold52

I know last years CHG team was a very good team and this years team by all accounts is a better team. This years Mount Ida team IMO is better than last yrs as well so I feel this game will be evenly matched each team has different advantages but across the board they will cancel each other out into a great match up. This game will come down to either big plays or turnovers in my opinion whoever wins those battles will win this game and it should be a tight one throughout.

HG Hornet

Quote from: BlueNGold52 on November 27, 2017, 08:21:57 pm
I know last years CHG team was a very good team and this years team by all accounts is a better team. This years Mount Ida team IMO is better than last yrs as well so I feel this game will be evenly matched each team has different advantages but across the board they will cancel each other out into a great match up. This game will come down to either big plays or turnovers in my opinion whoever wins those battles will win this game and it should be a tight one throughout.
Yep.  I think a turnover or even a holding call could turn this game.  A KR or PR could sway the field position game.  It's gonna be critical to not make mistakes.  I believe this is CHG's time to shine. 

doctor in the house

Mt. Ida had 2 silly fumbles and a couple of uncharacteristic penalties against CC... If they don't make those types of mistakes this week I think that they will win a close game... Might even come down to the final possession..

dawg duo

Quote from: bear for life on November 27, 2017, 07:12:59 pm
He is not playing in the ida game.

Ida-46
CHG-38

NWA Hawg

N2DEEP

razorcardsfan11

Quote from: dawg duo on November 28, 2017, 08:37:39 am
He is not playing in the ida game.

Ida-46
CHG-38
Where do you get your info that he's not playing?

Ventman

CHG GONNA take this one by a TD

sheepdawg92

Quote from: Ventman on November 28, 2017, 10:06:43 am
CHG GONNA take this one by a TD
i hope so for the conference reason but i think its not going happen

NWA Hawg

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on November 28, 2017, 09:03:12 am

No where. Just trying to make these Mount Ida people think he's out.

M.I. D

I hope CHG and Mount Ida are both healthy and have everyone ready.

Rida4Life

Old Scrapper

One thing CHG needs to change up is the weight lifting during pregame, unless your trying to make Mt Ida laugh, and if so carry on.

Mr. Neutral

Bearden is out, fell out his climbing stand over the weekend

bear for life

Quote from: Mr. Neutral on November 28, 2017, 11:44:45 am
Bearden is out, fell out his climbing stand over the weekend
is this true ?

dawg duo

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on November 28, 2017, 09:03:12 am
I have an inside source, a very good one at that.

HG Hornet

Quote from: bear for life on November 28, 2017, 11:50:05 am
is this true ?
No its not true.  Wishful thinking.  This stupid stuff needs to stop.  Childish.........

M.I. D

Is that the same idiot that said one of Mt Ida's running backs fell off their front porch before the game last Friday?

razorcardsfan11

Quote from: bear for life on November 28, 2017, 11:50:05 am
is this true ?
If that was true I would have heard about it by now 😂😂

razorcardsfan11

Quote from: dawg duo on November 28, 2017, 11:52:07 am
I have an inside source, a very good one at that.
Your right I just heard myself. He won't play friday

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on November 28, 2017, 12:25:26 pm

So you heard it and posted it in less than a minute?

razorcardsfan11

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 28, 2017, 12:45:52 pm
So you heard it and posted it in less than a minute?
I was replying to 2 different people about 2 different things. Pay attention lol hicks ain't playing Bearden is

NWA Hawg

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on November 28, 2017, 12:25:26 pm

What kinda team rule did he break to put him out of the qrt and semifinal games?

Old Scrapper

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on November 28, 2017, 01:21:19 pm
I was replying to 2 different people about 2 different things. Pay attention lol hicks ain't playing Bearden is

Lol. My mistake. Carry on.

HG Hornet

NWA Hawg

The Beast Of 08

Arguably the hardest line for a coach to toe is the one between disciplining a kid but not hurting the team in the process. I don't know the circumstances surrounding Hicks and whatever bad decision he made. What I do know is that I don't envy any discipline decisions that coaches have to make.

old.dole

From what I've heard of the situation is he will miss this game and could possibly be back next week. From what I'm gathering it's not in the coach's hands at this point

Hgalum50

My thing is what does it matter? He broke rules, therefore he is not playing! We have plenty other capable athletes that can get the job done. I think personally that if you do sumthin that gets you suspended or whatever it may be, that you are betraying your team!

razorcardsfan11

Quote from: fann07 on November 28, 2017, 02:23:14 pm
I agree. He will play Friday.
Just watch and see. He won't play.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 28, 2017, 03:01:39 pm
My thing is what does it matter? He broke rules, therefore he is not playing! We have plenty other capable athletes that can get the job done. I think personally that if you do sumthin that gets you suspended or whatever it may be, that you are betraying your team!
Yes, and everyone affiliated with the school.

Hardrock Hornet

November 29, 2017, 11:23:06 am #96 Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 11:25:49 am by Hardrock Hornet
Quote from: Eslim03 on November 25, 2017, 09:11:24 pm
If Ida imposes there will nothing CHG can do don't care how athletic you Camden guys think your team is. When Ida does what they do it's hard to stop ask Hampton and I've seen it first hand. Although if you can make them punt , then score it will sway to the athletic team.

I love seeing old football warriors from the wonder years get all fired up. Seems to me you're  someone who is used to taking beatings from mt Ida and now your gung hoe about defending them. I'll also bet I can predict your statements following the game.  If CHG wins you'll be hollering about how the refs cost mt Ida the game and if they win you'll be shouting to the mountain tops about how overrated CHG was. I hope both teams show up to play and we see a good game.  I'll say CHG wins by 2 touchdowns.

hesmine_lionpride

Quote from: Hardrock Hornet on November 29, 2017, 11:23:06 am
I love seeing old football warriors from the wonder years get all fired up. Seems to me you're  someone who is used to taking beatings from mt Ida and now your gung hoe about defending them. I'll also bet I can predict your statements following the game.  If CHG wins you'll be hollering about how the refs cost mt Ida the game and if they win you'll be shouting to the mountain tops about how overrated CHG was. I hope both teams show up to play and we see a good game.  I'll say CHG wins by 2 touchdowns.
I'm not going to predict a score or a winner. We all know it'll be whoever wants it the most and fights for it the most. Both great teams.. Lots of factors in this game and any way it goes it will be a good game BUT I highly doubt y'all will get a win by 2 touchdowns. Don't get to cocky now lol

Hgalum50

Quote from: hesmine_lionpride on November 29, 2017, 11:36:12 am
I'm not going to predict a score or a winner. We all know it'll be whoever wants it the most and fights for it the most. Both great teams.. Lots of factors in this game and any way it goes it will be a good game BUT I highly doubt y'all will get a win by 2 touchdowns. Don't get to cocky now lol
I don't think he is from HG, but I could be wrong. We ain't cocky over here and thats a promise.

Hardrock Hornet

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 29, 2017, 11:41:00 am
I don't think he is from HG, but I could be wrong. We ain't cocky over here and thats a promise.

Not being cocky!! 😁😁. Confident our boys will show up to play ball.  I am sure Mt Ida will too.  Just my prediction.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas