• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hootens picks and rankings week 13 ?

Started by stuck in between, November 20, 2017, 11:14:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stuck in between

Just wondering with only one team from the eight still playing football will Hootens even bother publishing their picks and rankings this week? I know this was uncalled for, but as much success as you guys have year in and year out and being their favorite child you got to expect a little fun being poked at you.

Hgalum50

November 20, 2017, 11:20:51 am #1 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 11:30:56 am by Hgalum50
I have no problem with it, I root for HG and HG only! Yes I like to see our conference do good, but really could care less. #TogetherWeSwarm

The Beast Of 08

Keep it coming...Grove beat every team from the 8 handily. Conference pride is way overrated if you ask me.

couch-coach06

When are you releasing your picks ! SIB I look forward too those more than hootens !

Eslim03

I too enjoy your picks. The 7 ended up being better than previously written about but I knew their were 2 legit teams. The 8 always have tuff teams but hootens does overrate them year in and year out. With that said Bearden did have a really good team and that's the only one from the 8 I've seen this year. Some of it comes down to your playoff draw. Maybe they will cycle the draw next year so the 7 might get a bye or Home field throughout.

eldofan

It is what it is . Besides the top 2 teams the rest of us in the conference was just average.

couch-coach06

Quote from: Eslim03 on November 20, 2017, 12:09:29 pm
I too enjoy your picks. The 7 ended up being better than previously written about but I knew their were 2 legit teams. The 8 always have tuff teams but hootens does overrate them year in and year out. With that said Bearden did have a really good team and that's the only one from the 8 I've seen this year. Some of it comes down to your playoff draw. Maybe they will cycle the draw next year so the 7 might get a bye or Home field throughout.

I wouldn't bet on it .. I seriously never remember the 7 getting a buy

M.I. D

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 20, 2017, 12:15:57 pm
I wouldn't bet on it .. I seriously never remember the 7 getting a buy

Mount Ida had a bye in 06 and home field throughout in 07. Last I remember. We had to go on the road the last 2 years in round 3.

couch-coach06

stuck in between

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 20, 2017, 11:26:28 am
When are you releasing your picks ! SIB I look forward too those more than hootens !

Man, I'll be honest I don't know enough about either opponent the 7-2A is facing this week to make any sort of an educated prediction. Fact is any team that has made it this far is a very good team and at this point in the season anyone can beat anyone.

I feel as though Mount Ida will be playing in Little Rock the last game of the season so therefore they would be my pick for their matchup. The key to them winning this weekend is to not look past a very good Conway Christian team. Ida is averaging over 45 ppg. and has the best defense in class 2-A only giving up 8.1 ppg. If Ida doesn't make mistakes I just don't think they can be stopped. Out of the eight teams playing Conway Christian's defense is 2nd to last having allowed 207 total points, but they only trail Mount Ida, Earle and Foreman in offense scoring an average of a little over 42ppg. I think this is a home game for C.C. so that accounts for a little, but it's not a cross state trip for the Lions. I say Mount Ida wins the time of possession by at least thirty minutes and the score by 14.

As far as the Foreman- Danville game, like most of us I had pictured us playing Rison this week. Danville's win over Rison shows they are legit. Both teams come into the game with one loss. Both to the opponents listed above. The Gators are averaging about 10 points per game more than Danville on offense. (44.5 ppg. - 34.8 ppg) and are a bit stingier on defense giving up 11.4 ppg to Danville's 14. Since their week seven loss Foreman has not played an opponent the caliber as Danville. Since week one the Little Johns have been perfect reeling off ten straight wins. This one should be the best game in the state in 2-A ball If the Gators can win the line of scrimmage in this game like they did last week I think they can pull this one out playing at Danville will not make this chore any easier. I'm being a homer when I pick Foreman by 2.

couch-coach06

M.I. D

Quote from: stuck in between on November 20, 2017, 12:59:27 pm
Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 20, 2017, 11:26:28 am

Man, I'll be honest I don't know enough about either opponent the 7-2A is facing this week to make any sort of an educated prediction. Fact is any team that has made it this far is a very good team and at this point in the season anyone can beat anyone.

I feel as though Mount Ida will be playing in Little Rock the last game of the season so therefore they would be my pick for their matchup. The key to them winning this weekend is to not look past a very good Conway Christian team. Ida is averaging over 45 ppg. and has the best defense in class 2-A only giving up 8.1 ppg. If Ida doesn't make mistakes I just don't think they can be stopped. Out of the eight teams playing Conway Christian's defense is 2nd to last having allowed 207 total points, but they only trail Mount Ida, Earle and Foreman in offense scoring an average of a little over 42ppg. I think this is a home game for C.C. so that accounts for a little, but it's not a cross state trip for the Lions. I say Mount Ida wins the time of possession by at least thirty minutes and the score by 14.

As far as the Foreman- Danville game, like most of us I had pictured us playing Rison this week. Danville's win over Rison shows they are legit. Both teams come into the game with one loss. Both to the opponents listed above. The Gators are averaging about 10 points per game more than Danville on offense. (44.5 ppg. - 34.8 ppg) and are a bit stingier on defense giving up 11.4 ppg to Danville's 14. Since their week seven loss Foreman has not played an opponent the caliber as Danville. Since week one the Little Johns have been perfect reeling off ten straight wins. This one should be the best game in the state in 2-A ball If the Gators can win the line of scrimmage in this game like they did last week I think they can pull this one out playing at Danville will not make this chore any easier. I'm being a homer when I pick Foreman by 2.

It's at Mount Ida

couch-coach06

You may be right about the no picks 940 Monday night and nothing lol

monster_island

Quote from: M.I. D on November 20, 2017, 12:25:24 pm

Mount Ida had a bye in 06 and home field throughout in 07. Last I remember. We had to go on the road the last 2 years in round 3.

MI had the home field throughout the playoffs in '16.

Yearsago

MI played round three on the road @ Danville in 2016

M.I. D

Quote from: monster_island on November 20, 2017, 09:44:29 pm
MI had the home field throughout the playoffs in '16.

No monster we beat Danville at Danville in round 3. Then beat chg at home rd 4

monster_island

Quote from: M.I. D on November 20, 2017, 10:05:20 pm

No monster we beat Danville at Danville in round 3. Then beat chg at home rd 4

Your right. My old memory is beginning to fail me.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

stuck in between

Definitely some bulletin board material for Salem (6-5), being one of eight teams remaining and being picked #19. I agree that Rison should still be in the top 10, but having (9) Bearden (7-5), (12) Mineral Springs (5-7), (13) Hampton (7-4) (14) Parkers Chapel (6-5), (15) Magnet Cove (7-5) and all ranked ahead of a team that is still playing is a stretch for me. They are the experts though. I do not disagree with any of their predictions. Although I did pick Foreman by 2 over Danville, but I established early on it was a homer pick. Once again should be the best game in 2-A this week.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: stuck in between on November 21, 2017, 07:25:50 am
Definitely some bulletin board material for Salem (6-5), being one of eight teams remaining and being picked #19. I agree that Rison should still be in the top 10, but having (9) Bearden (7-5), (12) Mineral Springs (5-7), (13) Hampton (7-4) (14) Parkers Chapel (6-5), (15) Magnet Cove (7-5) and all ranked ahead of a team that is still playing is a stretch for me. They are the experts though. I do not disagree with any of their predictions. Although I did pick Foreman by 2 over Danville, but I established early on it was a homer pick. Once again should be the best game in 2-A this week.

Salem could shock the state friday and Hootens would move them to 18........lol    Teams catch fire and ride momentum.  I don't know whats gonna happen Friday but these hounds sure do have a us against the world mentality going on right now.   Every one keeps looking back at the first matchup while Salem is looking at this Fridays matchup.  If anyone thinks this is same team that played them in there first conference game there not paying attention.  GO HOUNDS   

brown2010

Will lose by 38 or more. Beat u 40 at ur place will beat u more at Earle

Greyhound#1

November 22, 2017, 09:13:51 am #21 Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 02:23:56 pm by Greyhound#1
Quote from: brown2010 on November 22, 2017, 09:04:23 am
Will lose by 38 or more. Beat u 40 at ur place will beat u more at Earle

ok, i can see how u come up with that but i just think thats not how its going down this Friday.  What usually happens when players think they have a team beat by 40 before the snap.  I can tell you it usually ends up in a close game.   Turnovers, injury,  and just coming out flat could make this a game quickly.  So I hope earle is game planning for rd 4.     

Champ74

Earle has had first round upsets happen to us before and in the course of that happening we learned to never skip over planning for any team. Trust this, Salem is the focus and we've got a chip on our shoulders because you guys won't "Go Away!"

bleudog

November 22, 2017, 03:22:55 pm #23 Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:29:50 pm by bleudog
Quote from: stuck in between on November 20, 2017, 11:14:55 am
Just wondering with only one team from the eight still playing football will Hootens even bother publishing their picks and rankings this week? I know this was uncalled for, but as much success as you guys have year in and year out and being their favorite child you got to expect a little fun being poked at you.

Hooties betting on the Eight (or 7-East) getting to WMS for a 2A week 15 game has beem a fairly safe bet for them.

2016   (27-26)     Mt Ida                   Hampton
2015   (26-22)     McCrory                 Rison
2014   (38-  6)     Junction City        Hazen
2013   (60-  0)     Junction City        Des Arc
2012   (27-26)     Junction City        Bearden
2011   (45-20)     Strong                  Carlisle
2010   (48-20)     Magazine                Danville
2009   (24-14)    Junction City          Bearden
2008   (10-  8)    Junction City          Des Arc
2007   (17-16)    Mt. Ida                    Bearden
2006   (20-19)    Jessieville                Junction City
2005   (22-  9)    Charleston               Dierks
2004   (30-15)    Rison                      Charleston
2003   (40-12)    Junction City          Barton
2002   (29-26)    Harding Academy     Danville
2001   (34-20)    Shiloh                     Augusta
2000   (30-29)    Rison                      Shiloh

The Beast Of 08

ForeverBulldog23

Salem Will Come To Play Of Course 🤷🏽‍♂️ But The Bulldogs Hungry Have A Good Thanksgiving Dogs. And Bulldogs Will Be Ready To Play Friday Night 😈 We Aren't Worried About The First Match Up We Foucs On This Friday Game Against Salem
Let's Go Dogs Roll💂🏾🐶🤐‼️

couch-coach06

Dogg

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 22, 2017, 09:13:51 am
ok, i can see how u come up with that but i just think thats not how its going down this Friday.  What usually happens when players think they have a team beat by 40 before the snap.  I can tell you it usually ends up in a close game.   Turnovers, injury,  and just coming out flat could make this a game quickly.  So I hope earle is game planning for rd 4.   
Earle focus is on Salem. The first game doesn't even matter. Salem has gotten better and so has Earle.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas