• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yellville @ Atkins

Started by Red Devil Dad, November 07, 2017, 06:21:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil Dad

Rematch from early in the season, has Yellville improved enough to challenge Atkins? I figure this one will end the same as the first meeting. 

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on November 07, 2017, 06:21:31 am
Rematch from early in the season, has Yellville improved enough to challenge Atkins? I figure this one will end the same as the first meeting.
The team that has likely improved the most are the Red Devils. Since week 4 they have mowed everyone down except undefeated Charleston. Look for them to improve upon the score of their first meeting.

beach bum

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 07, 2017, 11:44:49 am
The team that has likely improved the most are the Red Devils. Since week 4 they have mowed everyone down except undefeated Charleston. Look for them to improve upon the score of their first meeting.

They did only beat Cedarville by 19 about a month ago which was a little bit of head scratcher... And it was a one score game going into the 4th..... If they play like that at the wrong time they may lose in the 2nd round. If Atkins plays to their potential they can be playing in the quarterfinals or semifinals.

Red Devil Dad

Bum you are right.  Cederville should have been a blow out but they did not show up for that game at all.  Some of it may have been looking forward to the Charleston game and some was overlooking their opponent.  Too many turnovers, penalties, and lack of execution.  Hopefully they learned from it and will not repeat that performance.  It is the playoffs now so they shouldn't be overlooking anyone. 

friscokid

When River Valley teams drive up to Yellville they usually have a fight on their hands. When Yellville has to drive, not so much. Red Devils by at least 20.

beach bum

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on November 09, 2017, 07:28:45 pm
Bum you are right.  Cederville should have been a blow out but they did not show up for that game at all.  Some of it may have been looking forward to the Charleston game and some was overlooking their opponent.  Too many turnovers, penalties, and lack of execution.  Hopefully they learned from it and will not repeat that performance.  It is the playoffs now so they shouldn't be overlooking anyone.

I think Atkins is going to mercy rule Yellville tonight. Next week should be a great 2nd round game. I'm giving Atkins the edge slightly in that one too.

friscokid

November 10, 2017, 11:21:51 pm #6 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:24:12 pm by friscokid
43-6 Red Devils. Atkins scored on its first 4 possessions and never looked back. Running clock 2 minutes into the third quarter. Atkins' defense came to play, especially against the run. They did give up a few deep passes but got a pick-six by Kennen Martin that put the mercy rule in effect. Atkins runs timing routes as well as any high school team I've seen.

I did eat dinner at the Atkins Cafe. The food was delicious, but be warned, the place is very busy and they do not take plastic.

Red Devil Dad

We had way to many penalties and defiantly need to work on coverages. Yellville kept to many drives going off our penalties.  We can't get away with it from here on out.  I did think the refs did a good job when things got a little chippy. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas