• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glen Rose not kneeling while a player is down

Started by G-HIGH, November 04, 2017, 01:04:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G-HIGH

What are some thoughts on a team just standing there feet away from a player down and being attended to?
Ridiculous is my thought.
Disrespectful and arrogant.

But this is Glen Rose we are talking about.

SR30

You are about 4 years behind on this subject. It's been discussed several times

2010Tigerhaz-been

November 04, 2017, 02:29:04 am #2 Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 02:41:34 am by 2010Tigerhaz-been
Quote from: G-HIGH on November 04, 2017, 01:04:21 am
What are some thoughts on a team just standing there feet away from a player down and being attended to?
Ridiculous is my thought.
Disrespectful and arrogant.

But this is Glen Rose we are talking about.
What is it with football and this dumb controversy ? You're either a jerk if you don't stand for that or a you're a jerk if you don't kneel for this. Literally the last thing you should be concerned with at a sporting event. Pick apart their play style and game plan, but leave the petty crap at the door. Freedom means people get to make that choice. I personally stood for the anthem and knelt for injured players, but I never wanted to shun people who exercised  their freedom. If we want to do that then we might as well wave a white flag to our nation's enemies because that is exactly how they would like to make our country.

panther07

Quote from: 2010Tigerhaz-been on November 04, 2017, 02:29:04 am
What is it with football and this dumb controversy ? You're either a jerk if you don't stand for that or a you're a jerk if you don't kneel for this. Literally the last thing you should be concerned with at a sporting event. Pick apart their play style and game plan, but leave the petty crap at the door. Freedom means people get to make that choice. I personally stood for the anthem and knelt for injured players, but I never wanted to shun people who exercised  their freedom. If we want to do that then we might as well wave a white flag to our nation's enemies because that is exactly how they would like to make our country.

I guess we all have a right to dog cuss our wives in public and make them carry our bags, but that doesn't make it right. I don't care either way about kneeling for injured player, but I think you went a bit far here.

2010Tigerhaz-been

November 04, 2017, 10:00:39 am #4 Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 10:03:55 am by 2010Tigerhaz-been
Quote from: panther07 on November 04, 2017, 09:37:19 am
I guess we all have a right to dog cuss our wives in public and make them carry our bags, but that doesn't make it right. I don't care either way about kneeling for injured player, but I think you went a bit far here.

Not taking a knee to prove to the old timers in the stands that you are concerned is not the same as being abusive to your wife. It's only going too far when you make dumb comparisons. I knew kids who didn't take a knee sometimes and would come ask us about the injured team mate after the game. It means nothing.

panther07

Quote from: 2010Tigerhaz-been on November 04, 2017, 10:00:39 am
Not taking a knee to prove to the old timers in the stands that you are concerned not the same as being abusive to your wife. It's only going too far when you make dumb comparisons.

You made this about a freedom in our country and what our enemies wanted. Talk about a dumb comparison. Don't think ISIS is concerned about what goes on at Glen Rose football games. But, you go ahead and keep making things way too serious and letting the tongue in cheek comparison go over your head.

2010Tigerhaz-been

Quote from: panther07 on November 04, 2017, 10:03:23 am
You made this about a freedom in our country and what our enemies wanted. Talk about a dumb comparison. Don't think ISIS is concerned about what goes on at Glen Rose football games. But, you go ahead and keep making things way too serious and letting the tongue in cheek comparison go over your head.

it all starts with something

RZback

Stupid topic.  Kneeling for an injured player is for the fans and that's about it.  I doubt the player cares and in most cases they are up and walking away in a moment of two.  Not worth picking kids apart over. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 2010Tigerhaz-been on November 04, 2017, 10:00:39 am
Not taking a knee to prove to the old timers in the stands that you are concerned is not the same as being abusive to your wife. It's only going too far when you make dumb comparisons. I knew kids who didn't take a knee sometimes and would come ask us about the injured team mate after the game. It means nothing.
This old timer never took a knee or ever saw one taken until the last few years. Don't give us credit for it.

RabidWolf

I have to agree with other posters. 9 out 10 times, the player is up in a few seconds. Off for one play, on for the next. Never quite understood people making a big deal over kneeling or not for an injury. The player that's down probably couldn't care less. GR isn't the only team that doesn't do this. It's a non-issue.

beach bum

Kneeling for an injured player is outdated imo... Just step back from the injured players and keep the talking down and to an absolute minimum. When I played I hated timeouts and halftime because I felt it took away from my flow. I didn't want breaks let alone having to kneel down. Just be respectful of the player and get away from this injured person and stay quiet works just fine.

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: beach bum on November 04, 2017, 12:40:20 pm
Kneeling for an injured player is outdated imo... Just step back from the injured players and keep the talking down and to an absolute minimum. When I played I hated timeouts and halftime because I felt it took away from my flow. I didn't want breaks let alone having to kneel down. Just be respectful of the player and get away from this injured person and stay quiet works just fine.

Well said.

flow51

I agree.. Doesn't bother me either way. But you have to be careful telling Glen Rose what they did wrong... They tend to get their panties in a wad and start trying to justify their players flipping off their opponents. Some beavers know Kehner is a deuche and others still worship the ground he walks on. Plain and simple kids tend to act how they are treated by adults because they think its ok.

cuz

I'm a old man but for long as I can remember the players have taken a knee just out of respect fo the injured player. You never don't have time to show respect or is it ever out of date to do this. Remember there or times when the player never recovered. Thank goodness that's not often but it happens. Always be respectful in whatever you do....

DeeGee

Quote from: flow51 on November 04, 2017, 12:58:39 pm
I agree.. Doesn't bother me either way. But you have to be careful telling Glen Rose what they did wrong... They tend to get their panties in a wad and start trying to justify their players flipping off their opponents. Some beavers know Kehner is a deuche and others still worship the ground he walks on. Plain and simple kids tend to act how they are treated by adults because they think its ok.

Not all GR fans or players are like that. My son use to play for GR and their theory is if it's just a cramp or something minor, they aren't gonna kneel because then they could themselves get cramps but if it's a serious injury they do kneel. Hate Kehner or not he plays to win. Him and I didn't always see eye to eye but my son loved playing for him. His in his 3rd yr of college now and doing great. I don't see that Kehner's game ethics changed the person my son truly is.

Paperman

I never kneeled for an injured player but when I played we were sent away from wherever the injured player might have been! To the sideline, the middle of the field! If the injury was severe we were sent to our bench area! Kneeling is not necessary in my opinion!

DeeGee

Quote from: Paperman on November 04, 2017, 02:12:33 pm
I never kneeled for an injured player but when I played we were sent away from wherever the injured player might have been! To the sideline, the middle of the field! If the injury was severe we were sent to our bench area! Kneeling is not necessary in my opinion!

I agree. It causes cramps, and the player down is worried about himself, not who's kneeling.

RabidWolf

A Prescott staff membe told me today that Gurdon is removing Prescott from their non-conf. schedule next year because we're "too disrespectful." Guess the Go-Devils get offended by everyone somehow. #ThanksGurdon

RZback

Simply not kneeling is not a sign of disrespect.  There are lots of things going on during a game and if you are offended because some kid failed to kneel for an injury, you are worried about the wrong things.

Da Thump

Knee or no knee?  To me it makes no difference, "back in my day" I don't remember taking a knee but I do not remember a lot of things that happen on friday nights.  What does matter to me is the players doing what the coaches tell them to do, be a part of a "team" and learn your place.  The coach is the voice the players role is to follow the lead.  I have been disappointed in all the un-sportsman penalties from players this year.

RZback

Unsportsmanship penalties are disappointing. Football is an extremely physical game, emotion and tempers will sometimes get the better of a person, player or coach.  I think what you have to hope for is as few penalties as possible, if there is one, you hope it's one, and the person who committed it, corrects their behavior and doesn't let it happen again. I've seen them happen, I've also seen the very people who criticize this type penalty be the worst loudmouths in the stands.

SR30

Sad thing is this. If a team other than GR done this no thread would have been started.

RZback

Williebe147

Quote from: RZback on November 04, 2017, 10:11:57 am
Stupid topic.  Kneeling for an injured player is for the fans and that's about it.  I doubt the player cares and in most cases they are up and walking away in a moment of two.  Not worth picking kids apart over.

When we played no one took a knee. One player on our team would lay there and wait until the trainer and Coaches came out then would get up slow. He would always say that he did this too rest . Coaches would get mad but he was too good to bench. Just saying sometimes the injured are just resting. When they break out the stretcher then you need to kneel

Leo Marvin

i wish the taking a knee every single time a player is hurt on the field rule would just go away.  If it's an injury that appears serious, then I understand.  If a kid is cramping or something similar, taking a knee just seems like a formality and cheapens the display of sportsmanship.

COACHemUP

Quote from: beach bum on November 04, 2017, 12:40:20 pm
Its a show of sportsmanship through a collective action, which in in my opinion,  is never out dated. 

2010Tigerhaz-been

Quote from: COACHemUP on November 05, 2017, 11:31:17 am
Its a show of sportsmanship through a collective action, which in in my opinion,  is never out dated.

knerling for a seriously injured player is one thing. But kneeling for a player down with a cramp is counter intuitive. You need to stay standing and warmed up or more players are just going to cramp up. Waste of time.

Paperman

Quote from: SR30 on November 04, 2017, 08:35:23 pm
Sad thing is this. If a team other than GR done this no thread would have been started.
Come on Sr30, you know everybody hates the Beavers! Lol this really is a non-issue! Best wishes to the kids in the playoffs!

camo5257

They know how it feels now, nobody kneeled when their season went downXD

beaverfan007

They may not kneel but atleast coach weathetford goes check on every player that gets hurt ...you people on here look for any reason to degrade glenrose

beach bum

Quote from: beaverfan007 on November 11, 2017, 08:54:39 am
They may not kneel but atleast coach weathetford goes check on every player that gets hurt ...you people on here look for any reason to degrade glenrose

Well you did lay an egg against a FIVE SEED

beaverfan007

Well sh*t happens Newport is a pretty good team .

Kobisnumberonefan

Football is all about getting into your opponents head.  When we played GR, they put our players in the furthest room they could find from the field, and turned off the AC to that room.  Luckily we brought fans for the players to keep cool at half.  We still lost, but that's football.  Win at all costs!!

501Arkansas

They should've kneeled down that game. What they say? "You do wrong, wrong do you" if they wouldve kneeled they probably wouldve won the game against newport😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 5 seed beats a 1 seed at the 1 seed my god

Horse Shoe

When we Played GR in the semis a few years ago, both teams knelt for every injury.  It was cold and raining the whole game, so if the coaches saw that the player was going to be a while getting off the field, both sides got up and moved around.  That initial response is what means the most imo, you shouldn't have to keep a knee during the whole injury time out.  Both sides also applauded when the injured player left the field. 

CHSTigersFan

Quote from: SR30 on November 04, 2017, 01:56:43 am
You are about 4 years behind on this subject. It's been discussed several times
At least 4 years.....

RZback

Sorry attitude to just want to find a reason to complain about a bunch of kids.  You may not like them or their coaches but you aren't showing any more class than you are complaining about.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas