• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnet Cove vs Hackett 1st Round

Started by FBlife, November 03, 2017, 08:17:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FBlife

panther_forever

BigLion10

Bearden_Bear72

Cove should be the favorite, but hornets will make them work for it

N2DEEP

As long as we get some officials who will call holding consistently.

MC 32 vs Hackett 14

Hornet4ever

Rematch of round one last season, Cove looking for redemption this season. Magnet Cove could very well win this one. Not sure what to make of the Hornets right now honestly? Some weeks we play like a top tier team, and then others it's not like that. This could possibly be due to us being VERY young with mostly sophomores and juniors littered throughout the starting lineup. I will say this, Cove will have to work for this win. We could get blown out, but I don't see that happening, not at all. I'll eat my worlds obviously, but I hope I don't have to. Good luck to the Hornets and Cove, hope its a good one and wish I could make it.

I'd like to meet Panther_Forever in person, and meet his parents. Because its horridly obvious he's a player on the team. Hopefully the rest of Cove nation isn't like him.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 04, 2017, 07:30:01 am
Rematch of round one last season, Cove looking for redemption this season. Magnet Cove could very well win this one. Not sure what to make of the Hornets right now honestly? Some weeks we play like a top tier team, and then others it's not like that. This could possibly be due to us being VERY young with mostly sophomores and juniors littered throughout the starting lineup. I will say this, Cove will have to work for this win. We could get blown out, but I don't see that happening, not at all. I'll eat my worlds obviously, but I hope I don't have to. Good luck to the Hornets and Cove, hope its a good one and wish I could make it.

I'd like to meet Panther_Forever in person, and meet his parents. Because its horridly obvious he's a player on the team. Hopefully the rest of Cove nation isn't like him.
They aren't for most part. Cove Man is alright and level headed

bigworm

Cove Man

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 04, 2017, 08:48:15 am
They aren't for most part. Cove Man is alright and level headed

I'd say the same about you, buddy. I hope Hector rolls.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Cove Man on November 04, 2017, 04:13:55 pm
I'd say the same about you, buddy. I hope Hector rolls.
👍
Hope y'all take care of business as well!

Prouddragondad

IMO if Hackett can get good line play on both sides they can win this game. That seem to be their weakness this yr. Last yr they were very physical on line but they don't have it this yr look at the RB's stats last year over 1000 yards this yr only 400 yards but they do have a weapon at QB. Hester is dangerous back there hard to contain I don't believe MC has seen anyone like him all yr kid has moves with speed and a good arm. If Hackett can open up some holes for Shipman and McBride to run in and with Hester's scrambling ability Hackett will win this game.
Hackett 30
MC       28

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 05, 2017, 08:17:32 am
IMO if Hackett can get good line play on both sides they can win this game. That seem to be their weakness this yr. Last yr they were very physical on line but they don't have it this yr look at the RB's stats last year over 1000 yards this yr only 400 yards but they do have a weapon at QB. Hester is dangerous back there hard to contain I don't believe MC has seen anyone like him all yr kid has moves with speed and a good arm. If Hackett can open up some holes for Shipman and McBride to run in and with Hester's scrambling ability Hackett will win this game.
Hackett 30
MC       28
Not doubting Hester's ability but Graham from Hector and Woods from Conway Christian are both faster and shiftier and can make people miss more in the open field than him. And yes I've seen him play. He's a very good athlete but those 2 are exceptional playmakers

panther_forever

Magnets strenths are the Oline and Dline and has a really good run stop defense

Rida4Life

trojanman

SR30

Panther forever is a sideline spectator in a uniform from what I hear.

panther_forever

November 06, 2017, 08:18:43 pm #16 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 08:21:18 pm by panther_forever
Quote from: SR30 on November 06, 2017, 05:43:16 pm

[/quot
Didnt you poop yourself when you got knocked out in highschool and you also live through your son at least im not a trader hahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahhaahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaahahhaahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaahahuahauauaauauauuaauauauauauauajajhdwhjshdjwifbwkjehjahahaahahahahahahahhaha

Pick_DA_EAGLES

^^^^^ that may have been funny if you knew how to work the "quote" feature.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 06, 2017, 08:22:58 pm
^^^^^ that may have been funny if you knew how to work the "quote" feature.

He tried.

gooze55

Quote from: panther_forever on November 06, 2017, 08:18:43 pm
Quote from: SR30 on November 06, 2017, 05:43:16 pm

[/quot
Didnt you poop yourself when you got knocked out in highschool and you also live through your son at least im not a trader hahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahhaahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaahahhaahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaahahuahauauaauauauuaauauauauauauajajhdwhjshdjwifbwkjehjahahaahahahahahahahhaha
who got the crap knocked out of them??????????

Eaglefan70

Magnet Cove wins it.  D line and O line just too good for most teams.  CC is a dominant run team and they ended up passing the ball 85% of the team because they couldn't run the ball.  They are very physical but not so disciplined I think they've had many of offside penalties this year.  Magnet will keep the ball and run their 3-4 yards with the occasional big run and win the game.

SR30

Forever has got a lot of free time on the sidelines to come up with clever things to say. Must be sad to be a senior and lose your position.  ;(

bearfan

This game won't even be close. Magnet by 28

panther_forever

so does sr30 he has no life besides his son

Rida4Life

Don't see Magnet by 28 but I think they take the W.

SR30

Don't hate panther, participate!!! Oh wait you can't :(.. the struggle is real I know.. I have 6 other kids besides #74 and 2 grandkids plus a job and wife so don't have much time to swap wits with a master like you. But on occasion I chime in.. cove wins this one big and forever stays in spectator mode..

DnA Prostaff

Hoping for a great game.  I believe in Coach Hester and the success that he has built in this program at Hackett.  This group of kids has had a disappointing season. Expected to finish 1st or 2nd in the conference. They play hard, but adversity seemed to take their will away in the second half against Burg and in the 4th quarter against Danville.

I know they have the ability, I am sure that Coach has made some adjustments and will represent the school and the community well and with pride in a win or a loss.

Go Hornets!

Rida4Life

I could easily see this being the closest game of round 1.  Think Magnet has a slight edge.

Hornet4ever

Run defense is going to have to stand up here and prove themselves. I don't have any doubt we can contain Cove and play with them, it's just lasting the entire game. We contained Danville for four quarters and just ran out of steam. Can't run of steam here boys, all or nothing!

Go Hornets

Dragonsvoice

Good luck Hornets hope you can pull it off rep the 4-2a well leave a stinger there! safe travels

Hornet4ever

Hackett already down two scores from last update I saw, better get on it boys!

Hogjr

This game was never a close game. Magnet dominated on every aspect. PPRD!

Hornet4ever

Wow! Was not expecting this, congrats to Cove and good luck on the rest of the season. I like my crow with a side of ketchup and a little bit of salt.

I figured Cove would be tough but didn't expect this.

Fan_Man

November 11, 2017, 09:00:25 am #33 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 09:08:55 am by Fan_Man
Magnet Cove players: You were very good and ran the ball well. Hackett couldn't stop you.  Good job!  This is for the announcer at the game. I have NEVER been to a game where the announcer gloated on the fact that the Mercy rule was in play. Not only once, but twice.  It wasn't just a calm announcement either.  I am sure our Hackett players enjoyed it when you YELLED into the microphone, "SCOREKEEPER, RUN THAT CLOCK" That was rude and insensitive. Way to model the right behavior for those students and set that example.   Our Hackett team have had many mercy rules games where it was us that was able to run the clock down.  Never a gloat or a cheer about it.  I will be notifying AHAA as well as Magnet Cove superintendent on Monday. Not upset about losing, but that was uncalled for and a low blow to an already defeated team.  Hope your boys never have to face that. 

bigworm

Quote from: Fan_Man on November 11, 2017, 09:00:25 am
Magnet Cove players: You were very good and ran the ball well. Hackett couldn't stop you.  Good job!  This is for the announcer at the game. I have NEVER been to a game where the announcer gloated on the fact that the Mercy rule was in play. Not only once, but twice.  It wasn't just a calm announcement either.  I am sure our Hackett players enjoyed it when you YELLED into the microphone, "SCOREKEEPER, RUN THAT CLOCK" That was rude and insensitive. Way to model the right behavior for those students and set that example.   Our Hackett team have had many mercy rules games where it was us that was able to run the clock down.  Never a gloat or a cheer about it.  I will be notifying AHAA as well as Magnet Cove superintendent on Monday. Not upset about losing, but that was uncalled for and a low blow to an already defeated team.  Hope your boys never have to face that.

Would you expect any less? MC aint the model of sportsmanship. We had a kid carried out on a flatboard when we played them and actually heard some of their fans saying "i wish it would have killed him". These were grown folks.

The kids actually seem to be pretty good though.

mtindian42

I don't find any fault here myself...it sounds like he was saying RUN THAT CLOCK as a huge sigh of relief his team was now in a good position to move to the next round...Now if he would of said something like get these clowns out of here...whos next? then you would have something. but what he said is harmless imo..

Fan_Man

Salt rubbed in their wounds.   Again, there was no need in that comment to be made over the loud speaker.   

Fan_Man

Quote from: bigworm on November 11, 2017, 09:48:00 am
Would you expect any less? MC aint the model of sportsmanship. We had a kid carried out on a flatboard when we played them and actually heard some of their fans saying "i wish it would have killed him". These were grown folks.

The kids actually seem to be pretty good though.

The Magnet Cove players were not at fault here.  It was the announcer that Ihavr the beef with.  If our announcer were to ever say something like that I would be expressing concern over that as well.  Even being our team. 

Cove Man

Quote from: Fan_Man on November 11, 2017, 09:00:25 am

Fan Man - I have no problem sharing my true identity on this website, because I only use it to enjoy communicating with high school football fans like myself. I am the announcer at Magnet Cove. My name is Paxton.  I apologize - to you, your fans, your coaches, and (most importantly) your boys - for "rubbing salt in the wound" with those comments. The superintendent confronted me, during the game, shortly after I made those comments Friday night - AS I AGREE HE SHOULD HAVE. I was caught in the heat of the moment, excited for our boys, and meant no disrespect for Hackett. But it was very unprofessional of me, and I completely understand why you are upset. Magnet Cove people are the best around, and the way I composed myself at that moment did not represent us in a positive light. I have two sons of my own - neither of whom are old enough to play football - but I would have been just as angry, and I probably would have walked to the press box and confronted the PA announcer on my own, on the spot. Thank you for not doing that. From what I understand, Hackett has a young team and a bright future. I hope for nothing but success for them in the future. And again, I am very sorry.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Cove Man on November 13, 2017, 11:37:11 am
Fan Man - I have no problem sharing my true identity on this website, because I only use it to enjoy communicating with high school football fans like myself. I am the announcer at Magnet Cove. My name is Paxton.  I apologize - to you, your fans, your coaches, and (most importantly) your boys - for "rubbing salt in the wound" with those comments. The superintendent confronted me, during the game, shortly after I made those comments Friday night - AS I AGREE HE SHOULD HAVE. I was caught in the heat of the moment, excited for our boys, and meant no disrespect for Hackett. But it was very unprofessional of me, and I completely understand why you are upset. Magnet Cove people are the best around, and the way I composed myself at that moment did not represent us in a positive light. I have two sons of my own - neither of whom are old enough to play football - but I would have been just as angry, and I probably would have walked to the press box and confronted the PA announcer on my own, on the spot. Thank you for not doing that. From what I understand, Hackett has a young team and a bright future. I hope for nothing but success for them in the future. And again, I am very sorry.
A+

Hornet4ever

RESPECT.

I wasn't at the game, but after hearing the comments about this incident it didn't sound good. Paxton, as a Hackett fan I thank you for coming on this site and doing this. Good luck to you and the Cove in the rest of the playoffs. We got you guys last year and this season you got us. Maybe we'll meet again soon!

RATTLER43

Class act.  Thank you for showing how to do the right thing in this scenario even though you didn't have to do it.  We have all been caught up in the emotions of a moment. You have the class to "fess up" and apologize when you feel like you did something inappropriate.    +1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas