• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

October boys top 10

Started by BannerChaser95, November 01, 2017, 07:50:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

November 01, 2017, 07:50:32 am Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:39:21 am by BannerChaser95
I guess I'm going to try and do this by the month. To each their own obviously, so don't look to hard in to this. If you don't like where your teams ranked. Have them win out or win state. Then no one cares what you're ranked by some person on Fearless.

1) Omaha, probably the second easiest region to win, looking at you Omaha, your impressive showing is not going unnoticed. Should be a 1seed heading into state unless something changes

2) ICC, good wins so far, returning the best player in 1A, looking for ICC to play in a crowded district and crowded regionals, may not be some of the best teams at the bottom, but teams you have to execute to beat, which I believe ICC will do.

3) County Line, been to the final four 3 times in 6 years, in a softer district but I look forward to a possible rematch from last years regional finals, except this year on a neutral court. At this time I give CL that advantage for the scoring difference over other teams.

4) Kirby, while it's only october. Kirby will already have 2 top 10 wins for the October rankings. Looking at good guard play but lacking in size, looking at the guards to keep working hard at the boards will be another good year for the Trojans, who are eager to see CL again after a poor performance in last years regional final at CL

5) Guy, I can already hear the guy fan boys "BUT BUT BUT" chill, it's October. Wanna go for your 6th state title? Prove it in February, then we can talk, but a 5 point victory over WV Has me hesitant on Hutchcraft's 17-18 Thunderbirds, Injury or no injury. Guy has plenty of teams to beat on that schedule which could easily propel them to #1 with just winning out.

6) Calico Rock, sneaking in to my october rankings are exactly that, MY October rankings. Tho it may be a quite one up in the hills, a 6-0 start with a win over WSGF by 25 won't go unnoticed by me, Could be a long season if anything changes being in a tougher District. But I look for calico to keep up the hard work and stay close to ICC.

7) Mammoth Springs, A hard fighting team, but team needs to work on rebounding for the size they have. Look for mammoth in February because if they can find Godwin some consistent help, could be in for a decent year!

8. Shirley, with 1 top 10 win, Shirley looks to bounce back from the early rough patch we like to call, the beginning of the season, after 0-2 start Shirley enters November on a 3 game winning streak. Look forward to see what the defending state runner ups can bring to the table as basketball turns to full swing.

9) MVE, Looked to be headed towards top 5 spot, MVE is 8-9 points away from being undefeated. Hopefully we all get to see mve pick back up after a close couple losses!

10) Nevada, while basketball in the south isn't what it is in the north, one bad quarter of basketball is the lone blemish in the Win column, Nevada SHOULD win the worst region of basketball we bring to the 20 team tournament. While it's theirs to lose, don't look for region 5 to do much damage in state! Even if Nevada were to win out, unless something drastic happens, I don't look for Nevada to crack the top 5 this season! 

NWA Hawg

Good Looking top 10! After the last couple games I've seen, I would have to agree totally with your top ten. Even though county line is my pick to win it all this year, I would have to say as of right now Omaha and ICC have the better resume.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: fann07 on November 01, 2017, 07:54:39 am
Good Looking top 10! After the last couple games I've seen, I would have to agree totally with your top ten. Even though county line is my pick to win it all this year, I would have to say as of right now Omaha and ICC have the better resume.
Omaha surprised me big time last night. Can't wait to see what they do this season!

BannerMountainMan

Ice Water

The board needs more posts like this. Well done.

NWA Hawg

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 01, 2017, 08:40:13 am
Thanks for the hard work!
It's meaningless what I think, but i Figure I will do it monthly or until people get tired of it. But thanks!

Backboard Shattered

thechampchamp

I can agree with this top 10. Your right it is only October. When the season gets in full swing, and Guys team figures out the few little things they are making mistakes on, I believe them and County Line will be the top 2. County Line looks very good and may give Guy all they can handle. But they dont play in the regular season so we will only see whos better when it really matters.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on November 01, 2017, 08:54:33 am
It's meaningless what I think, but i Figure I will do it monthly or until people get tired of it. But thanks!
must not be because you getting a +1 from me

jk

Watched County Line, while they are still good don't believe they are as good as past 3 or 4 years. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 01, 2017, 09:30:46 am
must not be because you getting a +1 from me

Only cause he has Shirley ranked

thebigman3

I'm just ready for a big team to play a big team. I can't think of anyone on that list that has had just a tough game. The only big game I've heard of was Kirby and Nevada and Kirby beat them pretty good. I was not there to see what happened so I don't know if Kirby is really good or Nevada isn't. Have heard a lot of good things from teams like ICC, and County Line. This is the first I have heard about Omaha being anything.

BannerChaser95

November 01, 2017, 10:25:25 am #13 Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 10:27:44 am by BannerChaser95
Quote from: thebigman3 on November 01, 2017, 10:20:57 am
I'm just ready for a big team to play a big team. I can't think of anyone on that list that has had just a tough game. The only big game I've heard of was Kirby and Nevada and Kirby beat them pretty good. I was not there to see what happened so I don't know if Kirby is really good or Nevada isn't. Have heard a lot of good things from teams like ICC, and County Line. This is the first I have heard about Omaha being anything.
Kirby/Nevada Half time score was a 27-17 for Kirby. Then out scored Nevada 22-5 in the 3rd. Shirley and MVE have played, Guy has a 5-point win over Wonderview, County Line plays 5-1 Sacred Heart Friday. Good games just may not be the biggest names, but big games none the less

ballmember

Bannerchaser,  thanks for your input.  Always good to hear what everyones opinion is.    I  don't like what I think but think it is Guy and then the field.   Not because of hard work or great coaching, but the environment to want to move, supposedly, to Guy.   A few other schools have tried to duplicate but ICC and some more not at their level yet.    always enjoy class a basketball the best.   Look forward to the season,  have not seen Omaha yet.    I like Kirby but they seem to suffer from a lack of competiton which may hurt them tourney time.     Good to see folks top 10.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: ballmember on November 01, 2017, 10:40:44 am
Bannerchaser,  thanks for your input.  Always good to hear what everyones opinion is.    I  don't like what I think but think it is Guy and then the field.   Not because of hard work or great coaching, but the environment to want to move, supposedly, to Guy.   A few other schools have tried to duplicate but ICC and some more not at their level yet.    always enjoy class a basketball the best.   Look forward to the season,  have not seen Omaha yet.    I like Kirby but they seem to suffer from a lack of competiton which may hurt them tourney time.     Good to see folks top 10.
I could possibly agree to these opinions. I think guys down from last year and I personally don't thing County Line got anything but better. They play weaker conference as well. But we will see.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on November 01, 2017, 10:25:25 am
Kirby/Nevada Half time score was a 27-17 for Kirby. Then out scored Nevada 22-5 in the 3rd. Shirley and MVE have played, Guy has a 5-point win over Wonderview, County Line plays 5-1 Sacred Heart Friday. Good games just may not be the biggest names, but big games none the less
I see what your saying, but Sacred Heart has not played anyone as well. But I do understand what your saying and the way I look at the CL sacred heart game is if CL wins, oh no big deal, but if Sacred Heart wins, then people will be all over on here talking about it.

thebigman3

I'm also hearing good things about Viola and see where them and Omaha have a game coming up. Both undefeated so far.. 

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 01, 2017, 01:28:48 pm
I'm also hearing good things about Viola and see where them and Omaha have a game coming up. Both undefeated so far..
That's Definitely a game to keep your eye on!

SackAttack

I know everybody is waiting on me to chime in but its way too early. I usually throw my expert analysis in around Mid  November. I havent seen enough of these teams play. But already I see a weaker Class A than what it was even a year ago. The team Im following hasnt played a single game with their best player yet and another team in the area has played six games without their starting point guard and their best athlete. One thing I can predict is Class A seems wide open and even to the point that somebody who hasnt even been full strength yet could and probably will emerge. You guys have a terrible penchant for getting way ahead of yourselves. I also predict that coaches everywhere are saying Oh NO NOT THIS ALREADY.  But Ill play when the time is right and I know yall cant wait!!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on November 01, 2017, 02:39:29 pm
I know everybody is waiting on me to chime in but its way too early. I usually throw my expert analysis in around Mid  November. I havent seen enough of these teams play. But already I see a weaker Class A than what it was even a year ago. The team Im following hasnt played a single game with their best player yet and another team in the area has played six games without their starting point guard and their best athlete. One thing I can predict is Class A seems wide open and even to the point that somebody who hasnt even been full strength yet could and probably will emerge. You guys have a terrible penchant for getting way ahead of yourselves. I also predict that coaches everywhere are saying Oh NO NOT THIS ALREADY.  But Ill play when the time is right and I know yall cant wait!!
Go ahead and wait you a good 15 more days, get you a solid opinion. Not one that's leaky, solid. I'm not sure what part of "My October Rankings" you missed, but if you don't like them, go make you one!  Oh dang that's right, you got another 2 weeks before you really grasp the season, so nevermind. Well hey, make you a half November rankings. We can call it "Sack Attacks mid-season form rankings, since Nov 15th" Gather your info and let everyone know your also irrelevant opinion on what we think.

My biggest worry when posting this was about coach's who were worried about my irrelevant post. But SackLunch thinks I upset them, how will I ever go on! 

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on November 01, 2017, 03:03:51 pm
Go ahead and wait you a good 15 more days, get you a solid opinion. Not one that's leaky, solid. I'm not sure what part of "My October Rankings" you missed, but if you don't like them, go make you one!  Oh dang that's right, you got another 2 weeks before you really grasp the season, so nevermind. Well hey, make you a half November rankings. We can call it "Sack Attacks mid-season form rankings, since Nov 15th" Gather your info and let everyone know your also irrelevant opinion on what we think.

My biggest worry when posting this was about coach's who were worried about my irrelevant post. But SackLunch thinks I upset them, how will I ever go on!
didnt mean to drop my lunch pail on your toes there bud!! My point was(and I got all of yours) who has really played a meaningful game yet and i didnt have to start my own rankings thread all I had to do was wait and sure enough one popped up. Cant say that i disagree with much of your analysis as far as october goes but then again its October and if you represent the majority in Kirby it could very well mean thats why you guys are still ChasingBanners. Great out of the gate but fold hard at the finish line! personally Ill wait on that February ranking thread! It will mean so much more!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on November 01, 2017, 03:15:02 pm
didnt mean to drop my lunch pail on your toes there bud!! My point was(and I got all of yours) who has really played a meaningful game yet and i didnt have to start my own rankings thread all I had to do was wait and sure enough one popped up. Cant say that i disagree with much of your analysis as far as october goes but then again its October and if you represent the majority in Kirby it could very well mean thats why you guys are still ChasingBanners. Great out of the gate but fold hard at the finish line! personally Ill wait on that February ranking thread! It will mean so much more!
. 10/4 sounds like a grand idea, I may wait till a week after hot springs to release my final rankings. Really need to ponder on it, you know till mid-March

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on November 01, 2017, 03:36:13 pm
. 10/4 sounds like a grand idea, I may wait till a week after hot springs to release my final rankings. Really need to ponder on it, you know till mid-March
they complain about talking basketball during basketball season but wanna talk about pickles and jamming it in the hole all the time

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on November 01, 2017, 03:36:13 pm
Youll enjoy these meaningless games a lot more if you wont get so worked up. Ive seen yalls schedule(yawn). Im figuring about 33-2 going into state maybe even better! Ever hear of paralysis by analysis? Yall need to see a dr down there!

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 01, 2017, 03:48:45 pm
they complain about talking basketball during basketball season but wanna talk about pickles and jamming it in the hole all the time
Hey what's wrong with either one of those grate invinshuns!  I have a top 10 but I'm very scared to post them on this thread

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on November 01, 2017, 04:18:49 pm
Youll enjoy these meaningless games a lot more if you wont get so worked up. Ive seen yalls schedule(yawn). Im figuring about 33-2 going into state maybe even better! Ever hear of paralysis by analysis? Yall need to see a dr down there!
I wish they would come up and play Shirley like they did last year.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 01, 2017, 04:20:27 pm
Id make that drive.

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 01, 2017, 04:20:27 pm
Agree Banner! Much better competition up here!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on November 01, 2017, 04:18:49 pm

So....let's just skip all these meaningless games and play a 80 team state tournament?

BannerMountainMan

Yes!!! 20 games only, then double elimination 50 team tourney. Over a two week period.

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 01, 2017, 04:27:45 pm
So....let's just skip all these meaningless games and play a 80 team state tournament?
Please dont suggest that to the AAA they would surely go for it!! Hey give everybody that makes the state tournament a trophy and a banner too

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 01, 2017, 03:48:45 pm
Banner does somebody force you to read that thread?? Or by some chance do you really enjoy reading our attempts to keep it a little lighthearted on here? Come on admit it! 10000 views my friend. id say somebody must find it amusing to some degree!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on November 01, 2017, 04:36:12 pm
Please dont suggest that to the AAA they would surely go for it!! Hey give everybody that makes the state tournament a trophy and a banner too
should they even hand out district and conference trophies anymore

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 01, 2017, 07:21:01 pm
should they even hand out district and conference trophies anymore

Nope....everyone that doesn't win state should drop basketball the next year

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 01, 2017, 07:49:54 pm
Nope....everyone that doesn't win state should drop basketball the next year
Guy would get a lot of players then!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 01, 2017, 08:00:35 pm
Guy would get a lot of players then!!

Guy vs Earle...winner gets to take the other ones players and move on to play the other 5 schools allowed to play basketball

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 01, 2017, 08:09:16 pm
Guy vs Earle...winner gets to take the other ones players and move on to play the other 5 schools allowed to play basketball
Hutch might coach another 40 years! Win more championships with very little work kinda similar to whats happening! Murray on the other hand works his like thoroughbreds

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 01, 2017, 08:09:16 pm
Arkansas would have stood still win Caddo Hills almost beat pine bluff in the overall championships back in the 90's.

thechampchamp

Love hearing everyone continue to cry about Guy. lololol

allprosports101

yall are always hating on hutch and for what because people want to play for him and he has 1978 wins I have been around him and even seen him away from all the basketball environment and he is a very nice respectable man who loves what he does he has an open gym every sunday many kids from all over show up and play even people that have been graduated he shows his work ethic and shows how much he wants to win why wouldn't you want to have a coach like that stop the hate and give them man props

Hero of Twin Groves

Yes hutch is very nice and respectable. Never been in any trouble or involved in anything negative at school or outside. You just wish you had him.

SackAttack

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on November 02, 2017, 10:02:02 pm
Yes hutch is very nice and respectable. Never been in any trouble or involved in anything negative at school or outside. You just wish you had him.
Whaaaaat? How big a rock have you been living under??

BannerMountainMan

I didn't wanna say anything about it but I think he is in a case right now...

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 03, 2017, 05:41:58 am
I didn't wanna say anything about it but I think he is in a case right now...
Please tell me what for😂

BasketballFan2A

My top 6 by far in 1a... very weak this year
1. Bradley Bears
2. Taylor Tigers
3. Emerson Pirates
4. 0uachita Warriors
5.Umpire Wildcats
6. Oden Timberwolves

SackAttack

Quote from: BasketballFan2A on November 15, 2017, 08:32:30 am
1. Bradley Bears
2. Taylor Tigers
3. Emerson Pirates
4. 0uachita Warriors
5.Umpire Wildcats
6. Oden Timberwolves
I like this person!! Why not why not

thebigman3

Quote from: BasketballFan2A on November 15, 2017, 08:32:30 am
1. Bradley Bears
2. Taylor Tigers
3. Emerson Pirates
4. 0uachita Warriors
5.Umpire Wildcats
6. Oden Timberwolves
You mean to tell me 2a is any better?...

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 15, 2017, 09:01:10 am
You mean to tell me 2a is any better?...
Top ten in 2a could roll top 5 1a teams so yeah i think so big man

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas