• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kirby @ Nevada 10/30

Started by BannerChaser95, October 29, 2017, 07:44:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

October 29, 2017, 07:44:06 am Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 07:47:12 am by BannerChaser95
What should be a close Sr Boys game, I figure will be the exact opposite from Sr girls. Predictions for the boys game? At Nevada is always though outing for any team. I'll say 65-60 Kirby Boys.

thebigman3

I have not seen neither of these teams, but yet have heard great things abt them. Judging by what i saw last year from both of them and knowing who gradiated... I think Kirby too. but just don't know what the score will be. 

hillbillyball

Nevada got a quality win against a good Blevins team the other night. Think it'll be close, but Kirby has to many guards and will win in a good game by 8.

County Line's year though to finally win one.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: hillbillyball on October 29, 2017, 08:53:21 am
Nevada got a quality win against a good Blevins team the other night. Think it'll be close, but Kirby has to many guards and will win in a good game by 8.

County Line's year though to finally win one.
Nevada benefited well off teams last year that played the same type ball, run and gun, if they can play up like they want. They've had teams that could beat anyone. The problems teams who can run set offenses against them.  Marvell for example played the same type ball last year as Nevada. Nevada was better at their own game than Marvell. Look forward to the game as always tho. Should be a scrapy game from both IMO

yesteryearman

Does Nevada still have the same coach?  If yes, then Kirby by 10+.....But either way won't really matter....both teams will win 95% of their games this year, get overhyped in the process and won't get to the finals....deja vu all over again

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on October 29, 2017, 03:26:20 pm
Does Nevada still have the same coach?  If yes, then Kirby by 10+.....But either way won't really matter....both teams will win 95% of their games this year, get overhyped in the process and won't get to the finals....deja vu all over again
It gota get old knowing they're both top 8 year in year out making final fours every other year, they may as well hang it up. Let the Odens and the Dermotts have a go. They're hogging up the confrences potential.

PapaHog

Nevada is going to get theirs soon. I normally don't hype up Jr high teams because you just never know who is going to mature into what, but they may have had the best jr high team last year by a long shot. Of course that's just eye test. I didn't follow them very close.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: PapaHog on October 29, 2017, 09:15:20 pm
Nevada is going to get theirs soon. I normally don't hype up Jr high teams because you just never know who is going to mature into what, but they may have had the best jr high team last year by a long shot. Of course that's just eye test. I didn't follow them very close.
Did these 2 teams play each other in jr high last year? Kirby jr boys went undefeated. Obviously it's jr boys so can't look into to hard!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 30, 2017, 04:18:54 am
Did these 2 teams play each other in jr high last year? Kirby jr boys went undefeated. Obviously it's jr boys so can't look into to hard!
you right, Shirley's junior high looked bad a few years ago because Fuller and Owen didn't develop until senior high

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 30, 2017, 09:14:19 am
you right, Shirley's junior high looked bad a few years ago because Fuller and Owen didn't develop until senior high
It happens.

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 29, 2017, 03:43:24 pm
It gota get old knowing they're both top 8 year in year out making final fours every other year, they may as well hang it up. Let the Odens and the Dermotts have a go. They're hogging up the confrences potential.

Name the final four teams over last 5 yrs.........who cares....only thing that matters is the ring.....how many does Kirby have?   How many times have they been hyped as the great white hope.....and choked at the end....how many times has Nevada had best talent in the tournament and got outcoached.....just saying, why should we expect this year to be any different?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on October 31, 2017, 05:52:14 am
Name the final four teams over last 5 yrs.........who cares....only thing that matters is the ring.....how many does Kirby have?   How many times have they been hyped as the great white hope.....and choked at the end....how many times has Nevada had best talent in the tournament and got outcoached.....just saying, why should we expect this year to be any different?
I could go back and forth all day. The two teams are very good year in and year out regardless of what some may consider under exceeding.

Andddddd with out looking
2017 Shirley, icc, Guy, Nevada
2016 Bay, Guy, Emerson, County Line.
2015 Emerson, Acorn, Bay, Kirby.
2014 Concord, wonderview, Scranton, County Line
2013 Bay, Bradley, county line, Hillcrest.

Some here and there may be missplaced. But for the most part I believe making the final four even in down years like 2012, is still an accomplishment. Just my look on things.

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 31, 2017, 06:15:11 am
I could go back and forth all day. The two teams are very good year in and year out regardless of what some may consider under exceeding.

Andddddd with out looking
2017 Shirley, icc, Guy, Nevada
2016 Bay, Guy, Emerson, County Line.
2015 Emerson, Acorn, Bay, Kirby.
2014 Concord, wonderview, Scranton, County Line
2013 Bay, Bradley, county line, Hillcrest.

Some here and there may be missplaced. But for the most part I believe making the final four even in down years like 2012, is still an accomplishment. Just my look on things.

You answered all of the questions except two........how many rings does Kirby (boys) have, and why should we expect this year to be any different.....does Nevada have a different coach and/or has Kirby had a better year "acquiring" players?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on October 31, 2017, 06:21:30 am
You answered all of the questions except two........how many rings does Kirby (boys) have, and why should we expect this year to be any different.....does Nevada have a different coach and/or has Kirby had a better year "acquiring" players?
Kirby boys have 0 rings. And if this year isn't a totally new year we should ask Bay how they like their 2017 state rings you got them last year. You know for winning in years last, seeing as that all that matters to you. Lord knows Clemson shouldn't have showed up to the national championship last year in college football either, going against Bama like that is a shame. Oh wait haha

BannerChaser95

Not sure on the coaching situation, wasn't able to be in attendance last night though!

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 31, 2017, 06:26:46 am
Kirby boys have 0 rings. And if this year isn't a totally new year we should ask Bay how they like their 2017 state rings you got them last year. You know for winning in years last, seeing as that all that matters to you. Lord knows Clemson shouldn't have showed up to the national championship last year in college football either, going against Bama like that is a shame. Oh wait haha

I admire your optimism and use of Bay, Alabama, and Clemson to prove your point.  Hmmm, what do they all have in common, maybe it is because they are champions but I could be wrong.  You are right that 2017-2018 is a totally new year, but are you talking chronologically or from a Kirby roster standpoint?  Either way, I am sure that either chronology or roster give you reasons for hope.   

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on October 31, 2017, 06:37:22 am
I admire your optimism and use of Bay, Alabama, and Clemson to prove your point.  Hmmm, what do they all have in common, maybe it is because they are champions but I could be wrong.  You are right that 2017-2018 is a totally new year, but are you talking chronologically or from a Kirby roster standpoint?  Either way, I am sure that either chronology or roster give you reasons for hope.
Wouldn't be a "fan" if I wasn't hopeful. I gota get a new hobby other than arguing with you old hands

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas